Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? (2520 Views)

I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over / How I Ended My Relationship With A Married Man / I Saw My Brother Wife In Hotel Can I Inform My Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Cadburyy: 1:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
There's something that has been bothering me for a while.

I'm domiciled in a foreign country but I maintain a sound relationship with my parents at home . I keep them updated on everything that happens in my life and even that of their granddaughter. That's how great my relationship remains with my mother.

I work hard to support my home but my baby father does not bring enough to the table like I do even though he earns a little higher than I earn. He spends on alcohol , drugs and women. When I complain about his bad behavior, he leaves home and says I nag a lot. When he returns after days away from home, he tells me I forced myself on him and he didn't really want us to be together.

There's this very handsome medical doctor working at the hospital where I am employed. He started confessing his love for me late last year. He's taller, more handsome and way richer than my current partner (my baby daddy) but the only thing is that he's a Muslim.

He told me he's a traditional Muslim and wouldn't compel me to become one. He also assures me he will not even have a relationship with another woman, that is, polygamy is totally ruled out. I have dedicated my time to learn about Muslims recently and I think I've made up my mind to give him the chance to love me the way he wants. My daughter relates well with her "soon to be step-dad".

The problem here is not even my baby father since I can discard him whenever I want. The problem is my mother who is a devout christian from the South East. She will feel bad if I tell her about my relationship with the handsome Muslim doctor.

Do I accept the Doctor's proposal without informing my mother. If you think I should inform her, how do I tell my mother without making her panic?
Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Michelle55: 1:52pm On Jan 09, 2021
Don't change religion because of anyone, if you must do it, then let it be based on your own accord.

True love knows no religion or color, if the doctor truly loves you he should let you follow your heart and when you're convinced about the faith you wish to follow, he should support you.

I don't do conditional affairs!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 09, 2021
Arrrrrrrh

Do we sell our salvation for earthly things? undecided undecided

Well since he's civilized, he might allow you to practice your religion in as much you both stay in a state where freedom of religion is guaranteed.

You strongly knows she woñt agree, that's how our mothers do think. I would advise you pray before taking any decisions. Just find a way to tell mum, she might be angry but with time she would understand. Remember this is your second marriage !!

From the look of things your decadence might lead you astray. his money have already enticed you. I see you accepting his request soon !!
Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2021
I keep telling young men that "no woman on earth loves you apart from your mother".

That's enough wisdom to help you grow in life.

The Nigerian American above would not be leaving her baby daddy because he's all the things she said- a deadbeat Father.

If she was leaving her baby daddy because he was a drunk , gambler or womanizer, then she wouldn't have carried his daughter for 9 months.

Those addictions are not just developed in few months. In fact, spending a week under the roof of a person addicted to any of those is enough to know whether to have a baby for that person or not.

You had a baby for a man because you thought the man would " bring all his earnings to the table " so that you can control it.

When the man did not turn out to be a simp as you anticipated, you started calling him names and cheating emotionally with another man.

Do your baby daddy the favor of leaving him alone , maybe he will find a good woman. I only pity the rich handsome doctor who will have to deal with a single mother's troubles and that of a leech packaged in one body.

If you believe in God, pray every morning and night that you don't give birth to daughters like Cadburyy who will disgrace you because of money.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by WhiteIverson: 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2021
The real question is are you sure you want to marry the doctor or become his baby mama?
Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2021
cry
Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Slynation(m): 1:59pm On Jan 09, 2021
it still boils down to one thing.... it's all about the money!!

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Hathor5(f): 2:01pm On Jan 09, 2021
Please end your relationship with the baby daddy first before you start a new one. I am a fan of clean endings and brand new beginnings. Then inform your parents. They will learn to live with your decision if they see you happy. Give them time.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Michelle55: 2:02pm On Jan 09, 2021
Slynation:
it still boils down to one thing.... it's all about the money!!
Which money?

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Slynation(m): 2:05pm On Jan 09, 2021
Michelle55:

Which money?
Lol.... didn't you read where she started her baby daddy doesn't bring much to the table, and the other Alhaji is way more richer and handsome grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Michelle55: 2:06pm On Jan 09, 2021
Slynation:
Lol.... didn't you read where she started her baby daddy doesn't bring much to the table, and the other Alhaji is way more richer and handsome grin
But why bring a child to this world if you ain't ready to shoulder your responsibility as a father

1 Like

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by debbydams(f): 2:09pm On Jan 09, 2021
smiley
Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by SILENTandSMART2: 2:25pm On Jan 09, 2021
abeg summarize all the thing you wrote jare wink

that shit is long smiley
Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Slynation(m): 2:27pm On Jan 09, 2021
Michelle55:

But why bring a child to this world if you ain't ready to shoulder your responsibility as a father
You will have to ask those men o, as for me, I even need a Son
Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Ishilove: 3:28pm On Jan 09, 2021
I noticed you mentioned his incredible good looks up to three times in one paragraph or so. Are you sure you are not swayed by his outward appearance? Sometimes the grass is not always greener on the other side.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by pocohantas(f): 3:30pm On Jan 09, 2021
Ishilove:
I noticed you mentioned his incredible good looks up to three times in one paragraph or so. Are you sure you are not swayed by his outward appearance? Sometimes the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Hahahaha... cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Ishilove: 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2021
pocohantas:

Hahahaha... cheesy cheesy
Abi na. The tin is one kain
Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by pocohantas(f): 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2021
Ishilove:

Abi na. The tin is one kain

Abeg ignore all these new accounts and their plenty stories.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by merieam16(f): 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2021
pocohantas:

grin...u don sabi dem

1 Like

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Cadburyy: 3:43pm On Jan 09, 2021
Michelle55:
Don't change religion because of anyone, if you must do it, then let it be based on your own accord.

True love knows no religion or color, if the doctor truly loves you he should let you follow your heart and when you're convinced about the faith you wish to follow, he should support you.

I don't do conditional affairs!

Changing my religion is not even an option. If anyone would change religion it would be him. He's very liberal and does not associate with the Muslim community. Let's say he's a cute human being born to Muslim parents who gave him a Muslim name. I monitored him yesterday and he didn't leave office for the Mosque. He doesn't also pray five times a day. That's why I said he's a traditional Muslim.
Thanks for your advice, I wouldn't leave Christianity because of a man.
Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Cadburyy: 3:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
gaius01, I wasn't legally married to my child's father that's why I called him a baby dady. It just happened.

Ethicallyright, be polite with your response to people who seek solutions in tough times. Your sister can find herself in my shoes...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Cadburyy: 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2021
WhiteIverson:
The real question is are you sure you want to marry the doctor or become his baby mama?
I want to be with the doctor. Whether I stay under his roof as a wife or mother is non of your business. Thanks too.

Thanks Hathor5 , I'll try your advice.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Michelle55: 3:52pm On Jan 09, 2021
Slynation:
You will have to ask those men o, as for me, I even need a Son
Wehdone smiley

1 Like

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Hathor5(f): 3:54pm On Jan 09, 2021
Cadburyy:

Thanks Hathor5 , I'll try your advice.

You are welcome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Cadburyy: 3:57pm On Jan 09, 2021
Ishilove:

grin grin grin
Well, that was me expressing myself. The guy is seriously fineee. An Arab biracial. His dad is Nigerian.
He's a very good man and right now I literally don't care if the grass is brown on the other side.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Richy4(m): 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2021
Cadburyy:
There's something that has been bothering me for a while.

I'm domiciled in a foreign country but I maintain a sound relationship with my parents at home . I keep them updated on everything that happens in my life and even that of their granddaughter. That's how great my relationship remains with my mother.

I work hard to support my home but my baby father does not bring enough to the table like I do even though he earns a little higher than I earn. He spends on alcohol , drugs and women. When I complain about his bad behavior, he leaves home and says I nag a lot. When he returns after days away from home, he tells me I forced myself on him and he didn't really want us to be together.

There's this very handsome medical doctor working at the hospital where I am employed. He started confessing his love for me late last year. He's taller, more handsome and way richer than my current partner (my baby daddy) but the only thing is that he's a Muslim.

He told me he's a traditional Muslim and wouldn't compel me to become one. He also assures me he will not even have a relationship with another woman, that is, polygamy is totally ruled out. I have dedicated my time to learn about Muslims recently and I think I've made up my mind to give him the chance to love me the way he wants. My daughter relates well with her "soon to be step-dad".

The problem here is not even my baby father since I can discard him whenever I want. The problem is my mother who is a devout christian from the South East. She will feel bad if I tell her about my relationship with the handsome Muslim doctor.

Do I accept the Doctor's proposal without informing my mother. If you think I should inform her, how do I tell my mother without making her panic?

That bold go just clear for your eyessss later... when u born pickin, which religion them go follow? If u argue with am over that, he go bring a proper devoted same religion lady join body... unlike u they will brand as an infidel...
I decided to use broken English because you were about to start this brand new year with a handsome mistake.. He was thinking with his pleasure pole while telling u all that. Those statements were what u wanted to hear.. Please slow down

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Cadburyy: 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2021
pocohantas:

I'm an old nairalander and even famous here. I just can't use my popular account to seek such advice to prevent trolls.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 09, 2021
undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by okiki20593: 5:41pm On Jan 09, 2021
:Thanks Hathor5 , I'll try your advice. You are welcome.
Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by Cadburyy: 8:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
Richy4:

That bold go just clear for your eyessss later... when u born pickin, which religion them go follow? If u argue with am over that, he go bring a proper devoted same religion lady join body... unlike u they will brand as an infidel...
I decided to use broken English because you were about to start this brand new year with a handsome mistake.. He was thinking with his pleasure pole while telling u all that. Those statements were what u wanted to hear.. Please slow down
He's not that kind of man , thanks.
Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by mariahAngel(f): 9:00pm On Jan 09, 2021
ethicallyright:
I keep telling young men that "no woman on earth loves you apart from your mother".

That's enough wisdom to help you grow in life.

The Nigerian American above would not be leaving her baby daddy because he's all the things she said- a deadbeat Father.

If she was leaving her baby daddy because he was a drunk , gambler or womanizer, then she wouldn't have carried his daughter for 9 months.

Those addictions are not just developed in few months. In fact, spending a week under the roof of a person addicted to any of those is enough to know whether to have a baby for that person or not.

You had a baby for a man because you thought the man would " bring all his earnings to the table " so that you can control it.

When the man did not turn out to be a simp as you anticipated, you started calling him names and cheating emotionally with another man.

Do your baby daddy the favor of living him alone , maybe he will find a good woman. I only pity the rich handsome doctor who will have to deal with a single mother's troubles and that of a leech packaged in one body.

If you believe in God, pray every morning and night that you don't give birth to daughters like Cadburyy who will disgrace you because of money.

Omg!
Logobenz has created a monster!

"Master" TransAtlanticEx come and see what you've caused! undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Inform My Mother About My Relationship? by thorpido(m): 11:28pm On Jan 09, 2021
I can't tell you exactly what to do.Just let your heart head lead you.

One thing I can say about you is the thing that took you to a guy who is a drunk,drug addict and womaniser till you made a baby with him is the same thing drawing you to this man.

You don't have depth and seem swindled with ephemeral things.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Men Only: The Silent Pains Of A Husband / Feeding Money (chop Money) / Tomboy And Effeminate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.