Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway (42275 Views)

Passenger Plane Plunges Into Lake Victoria, Tanzania, Rescue Operations Underway / Philippine Military Hercules C-130 Crashes. 45 Dead, Rescue Operations Ongoing / Missing Aircraft: Sriwijaya Plane Route Jakarta-Pontianak SJ-182 Lost Contact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Galaticos444: 8:21pm On Jan 09, 2021
There's something about d Indonesian airspace dats not right and I feel air-crash investigators shud look into cos it has bn a deadly route lately
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by colp2015: 8:22pm On Jan 09, 2021
Chirowman:
Bad news if it crashed into sea
Would it be good news if it crash-landed?
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Chicastle: 8:23pm On Jan 09, 2021
But I asked again why just always Boeing? There are other manufactures but we keep hearing boeing crash gah?
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Bimpe29: 8:24pm On Jan 09, 2021
My prayers and thoughts are with the families of the crew and passengers.
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by joey150(m): 8:25pm On Jan 09, 2021
Weedee:
Once a plane dissapears from Radar.. It should be treated as a crash till otherwise proven. They should have moved logistics immediately to the last known location of the plane, especially as it was over the water.. The few minutes after a plane crash is very vital especially on sea. The sea could wash away the signs and wreckage and it would become one of those unsolved mysteries.. Planes just don't disappear from radars..

Ships are not just littered across the vast ocean, ready to sail to a speculative location at best.

It's hard to tell if the plane flew for a further 5km or crashed immediately after losing contact. You can't just ask ships to roam the ocean in search of a plane's location you are unsure of. The sea swallows anything that isn't built to float on it. It'll take a very coordinated and painstaking search effort to find the wreckage that must have now sank and potentially spread miles across the oceans.

Remember Malaysia flight MH70 that apparently crashed into the sea? Well, good luck finding the wreckage.

Condolences to the families of those on that unfortunate flight. I hope they at least find most of the plane wreckage and possibly recover bodies too.

3 Likes

Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Oizee(f): 8:39pm On Jan 09, 2021
oh, this is completely heartbreaking.

1 Like

Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Trogge: 8:53pm On Jan 09, 2021
My condolences to the families. I feel your pain.
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Thevisualchef: 9:08pm On Jan 09, 2021
Broken2020:
26 years old plane still being used in Indonesia airspace.

Was this the plane crash our pastors talked about in their new year predictions ?
It’s a routine local flight so far there’s no big deal about the age of the plane.
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Lenient001: 9:10pm On Jan 09, 2021
Last year like this.. That is how Kobe and his crew also had a plane crash.
Oh God of mercy help us o.
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Weedee(m): 9:11pm On Jan 09, 2021
joey150:

Ships are not just littered across the vast ocean, ready to sail to a speculative location at best.

It's hard to tell if the plane flew for a further 5km or crashed immediately after losing contact. You can't just ask ships to roam the ocean in search of a plane's location you are unsure of. The sea swallows anything that isn't built to float on it. It'll take a very coordinated and painstaking search effort to find the wreckage that must have now sank and potential spread miles across the oceans.

Remember Malaysia flight MH70 that apparently crashed into the sea? Well, good luck finding the wreckage.

Condolences to the families of those on that unfortunate flight. I hope they at least find most of the plane wreckage and possibly recover bodies too.

Waiting for a cordinated effort before seeking out a plane that has gone off radar is why most crashes ain't always found especially on sea. This disappeared just off the coastlines.. So there's every possiblity of rapid response immediately 'off the radar' is noticed. A 30 mile or so search area round the last known point. It could save some lives sef and bring about closure.. I sha know the plane has crashed.. I hope they find the wreckage and bring the bodies home to their families.
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 09, 2021
Chicastle:
But I asked again why just always Boeing? There are other manufactures but we keep hearing boeing crash gah?
Lol. I think it's because they manufacture the highest number of planes. Probably 1 in 5 commercial planes are Boeing, so it's only normal for them to come first in incidents like this. Also, sometimes I wonder, why is it most plane crashes occur in the Middle East and Africa compared to other regions of the world?
Even China has significant numbers of Boeing Planes in their fleet and we hardly ever hear of such mishaps.

1 Like

Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Vikkygeee: 9:32pm On Jan 09, 2021
Didi2d:
Is this what I saw? I didn't know who to tell or how to interpret it.

We should pray against things like this this year!
Shut the fvck up with your dumbass lies,you aiint seen shit
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Mrtaye: 9:34pm On Jan 09, 2021
Weedee:

Waiting for a cordinated effort before seeking out a plane that has gone off radar is why most crashes ain't always found especially on sea. This disappeared just off the coastlines.. So there's every possiblity of rapid response immediately 'off the radar' is noticed. A 30 mile or so search area round the last known point. It could save some lives sef and bring about closure.. I sha know the plane has crashed.. I hope they find the wreckage and bring the bodies home to their families.

Save lives for inside ocean?
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Burruchaga71(m): 9:34pm On Jan 09, 2021
Y always Indonesia?.... Rip to them.
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by starbn(m): 9:36pm On Jan 09, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Na wa o...my sympathy to the people of iko uwais(Indonesia actor)
For every day we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to die
You enter train na derail
Your enter ship or boat na capsize
You enter motor na road accident
You sit down for your house building fit collapse
You take a walk car fit knock you down
You sit down for beer parlor stray bullet fit come from police
Okay now People decide to enter plane still the plane don disappear...probably he don crash
My brother this fucking life tire me self
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Chirowman(m): 9:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
colp2015:
Would it be good news if it crash-landed?
At least if it crash landed ,the plane would be found with body parts but for sea .fishes will feed on the dead bodies and to get those dead bodies won't be easy .

1 Like

Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Didi2d(m): 9:58pm On Jan 09, 2021
Vikkygeee:

Shut the fvck up with your dumbass lies,you aiint seen shit

Not everything is a lie, you don't have to abuse and you also don't have to believe.
Thank you
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Judybash93(m): 10:00pm On Jan 09, 2021
Zeinymira:
May Allah safeguard them

Oh nah, they're gone.
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Judybash93(m): 10:01pm On Jan 09, 2021
Lenient001:
Last year like this.. That is how Kobe and his crew also had a plane crash.

Oh God of mercy help us o.
Helicopter
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by naijadrivablog: 10:08pm On Jan 09, 2021
Another but less fatal Boeing crash in that Malaysia/Indonesia axis in the last 2 or 3 years.

Two too many.
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Oluwaleinad14(m): 10:10pm On Jan 09, 2021
God have mercy
2021 should pls take it easy on us
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Dollanaira: 10:11pm On Jan 09, 2021
Jesus
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by fashrola(m): 10:11pm On Jan 09, 2021
buygala:
And the fishes in the sea where it crashed will be thanking God for "supernatural breakthrough" sad ....see awoof food for fishes

One creature's misfortune another's blessing

Don't attract curses to yourself because of your stupidity online
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Nicepoker(m): 10:44pm On Jan 09, 2021
[s]
post=97892328:

This is a very sad one.
Many casualties will most def be recorded.
It lost more than 10,000 feet in altitude in one minute, four minutes after departure, according to the flight tracking service.

And we remember this incident is coming a day after the one-year anniversary of the shooting down of a Ukraine International Airlines flight in Iran with 176 people aboard, one of two major airline crashes in 2020.

[/s]
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by GeneralPula: 10:54pm On Jan 09, 2021
Zanxx:
Boeing again? This is just sad

Something is behind it ma’am..

It can’t be coincidence..
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Diamondsaheed(m): 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2021
May God guide us,both VIP & commercial will crash whenever d plane is @ default
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by chinaka98295: 11:40pm On Jan 09, 2021
Heartbreaking. May their soul rest in peace
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Nobody: 1:45am On Jan 10, 2021
Zanxx:
Boeing again? This is just sad
Wetin be Boeing again? Wat is a 26 year old plane still doing in d sky? Dis is a very sad news either way
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by DonroxyII: 2:32am On Jan 10, 2021
buygala:
And the fishes in the sea where it crashed will be thanking God for "supernatural breakthrough" sad ....see awoof food for fishes

One creature's misfortune another's blessing
Aswear that's Nature reward system!!
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Brystonluv19(m): 2:51am On Jan 10, 2021
O God pls have mercy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video Of How Abuja-Kaduna Train Rammed Into A Car / See The Trailer Accident I Saw On My Way From Zaria This Morning. / Woman Dies In A Kano Park While Boarding Bus To Katsina State. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.