Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway (42257 Views)

Passenger Plane Plunges Into Lake Victoria, Tanzania, Rescue Operations Underway / Philippine Military Hercules C-130 Crashes. 45 Dead, Rescue Operations Ongoing / Missing Aircraft: Sriwijaya Plane Route Jakarta-Pontianak SJ-182 Lost Contact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by majamajic(m): 5:32am On Jan 10, 2021
Broken2020:
26 years old plane still being used in Indonesia airspace.

Was this the plane crash our pastors talked about in their new year predictions ?

26yrs old plane is not old , besides it's a local flight on one hour journey

1 Like

Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by majamajic(m): 5:35am On Jan 10, 2021
Chicastle:
But I asked again why just always Boeing? There are other manufactures but we keep hearing boeing crash gah?

Boeing has more than 50% of all airplanes in operation

Why is it always Dangote lorries ?

1 Like

Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by luluosas(m): 6:29am On Jan 10, 2021
My condolences to the people and government of Indonesia
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Oluwaseun2020(m): 8:45am On Jan 10, 2021
When you are lead by the spirit of God... something will happen and you will not be on that plane ...even thou you have your tickets. ...
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by megama: 1:15pm On Jan 10, 2021
post=97892338:
What is Sriwijaya Air?
A quick research about the airline.

Sriwijaya Air, based in Jakarta, Indonesia, started flying in 2003 and typically carries nearly 1 million passengers a month, according to the airline's website. 
It is a discount carrier with low fares and fees, a la Spirit, Allegiant and Frontier in the United States.

The airline mostly flies routes within Indonesia but has limited international service to Malaysia and China, according to the aviation data firm Cirium. Saturday's flight from Jakarta was bound for the island of Borneo, which is about an hour away by air.

The airline is the fifth largest airline in Indonesia based on flights, accounting for 10% of Indonesia flights last year, according to Cirium. Lion Air is Indonesia's biggest carrier.

I think Indonesia is getting it wrong on aviation safety. Lots of flights have crashed in the country check records. They need tighter aviation regulations
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Weedee(m): 1:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
Mrtaye:

Save lives for inside ocean?

There's a reason airplanes have Life jackets and I honestly don't think life jackets are used to float in the air. Besides are you trying to tell us that there are always no survivors in plane crashes that happen at sea?
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by sunboy(m): 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
Broken2020:
26 years old plane still being used in Indonesia airspace.

Was this the plane crash our pastors talked about in their new year predictions ?

26year old plane isn’t too bad. Average life of a commercial plan is 30years. Boeings last upto 40years before retirement.
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Mrtaye: 10:33am On Jan 11, 2021
Weedee:

There's a reason airplanes have Life jackets and I honestly don't think life jackets are used to float in the air. Besides are you trying to tell us that there are always no survivors in plane crashes that happen at sea?

Well I am not totally ruling that out in reference to the Hudson River plane crashed whereby the plane crash landed on the river like it wanted to land on the runway and the pilot already alerted emergency and first responders and they were already on standby bye because it was already premeditated by the pilot and as such a lot of people were rescued......bur this is not the case in this Indonesian plane crash because it suddenly disappeared from radar and crashed by diving with a heavy and might this into the sea causing it to break into shreds and giving no room for survivors because of the impact and also rescue wasn't immediately
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Weedee(m): 11:58am On Jan 11, 2021
Mrtaye:

Well I am not totally ruling that out in reference to the Hudson River plane crashed whereby the plane crash landed on the river like it wanted to land on the runway and the pilot already alerted emergency and first responders and they were already on standby bye because it was already premeditated by the pilot and as such a lot of people were rescued......bur this is not the case in this Indonesian plane crash because it suddenly disappeared from radar and crashed by diving with a heavy and might this into the sea causing it to break into shreds and giving no room for survivors because of the impact and also rescue wasn't immediately

Well, always hope for the best but prepare for the worst..
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Mrtaye: 12:40pm On Jan 11, 2021
Weedee:

Well, always hope for the best but prepare for the worst..
Looolz can I private chat beau
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Weedee(m): 2:18pm On Jan 11, 2021
Mrtaye:

Looolz can I private chat beau

cheesy why? State your reasons.
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Mrtaye: 11:56am On Jan 12, 2021
Weedee:

cheesy why? State your reasons.
I love your perspective and I wanna see the beau behind it
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Weedee(m): 2:03pm On Jan 12, 2021
Mrtaye:

I love your perspective and I wanna see the beau behind it

Just one of the regular beau you see on the streets everyday. Nothing special
Re: Sriwijaya Flight 'suspected' To Have Crashed. Rescue Operations Underway by Mrtaye: 6:16pm On Jan 12, 2021
Weedee:

Just one of the regular beau you see on the streets everyday. Nothing special
Please now oblige me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Conductor Wearing Suit And Tie / Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad / Woman Dies In A Kano Park While Boarding Bus To Katsina State. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.