Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? - Crime (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? (36925 Views)

Gunmen Kill 7 Wedding Guests In Imo / Bandits Strike In Katsina-Ala Benue, Kill 7, Injures 5 Others (Graphic Pictures) / 3 Teenage Fulani Herders Aged 13, 14, Arrested For Gang-Raping A Girl In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Minjim: 7:15pm On Jan 10, 2021
Nkwobi042:

The areas where Igbos are dominated in Lagos is not in the bush like the Fulani does, it's in a civilized settings where other tribe live, transact businesses and most importantly pay taxes as at when due to relevant authorities. But Fulani lives in resettlements in bushes and claim it to be theirs by conquest.

And the government permits it?
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by banio: 7:15pm On Jan 10, 2021
SARS was killing

Now it's AMOTEKUN
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by ABCthingx: 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

The point is no one reports tribal affiliation when someone commits a crime abroad, so you wouldn't know whether a UK criminal is Scottish or Irish. That practise of reporting tribe is unique to Nigeria alone.

And killings in whatever form are not restricted only to Fulanis. Or only to herdsmen. Every tribe has its criminals; including killers. Should we fight an entire tribe, race or nationality whenever some of its members commit crimes? For example, do you think it is justified that all Nigerians be targeted and pulled out for strip searches in every airport in the world, because foreigners have come to associate Nigerians with drug related crimes and scams? Would you feel it was justified if your aged mother or father had to go through security personnel digging through their anus in a UK airport on the ground that all Nigerians are drug dealers? Or if your brother was shot by the US police on the grounds that he was a suspected scammer because he was Nigerian? Stereotyping works both ways, you see. We feel comfortable when we stereotype others and only understand how bad it is when it is done to us.

If a criminal of whatever ethnicity commits a crime, he should absolutely be caught and charged; or even killed if he resists arrest. But attacking and proscribing an entire tribe because of the actions of some of them is wrong behaviour, and if we kill innocents among them, we are no better than those of them who kill innocents among us. We are both killers of innocents. Belonging to the same tribe as a criminal does not make a third party a criminal. That is all I have to say. And if you still don't understand the concept, there is no way I can explain more than this.
Ethnicity is bad I know. We should have moved beyond this but instead its getting worse day by day.

And nobody knows why. sad Do you?
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Nkwobi042: 7:22pm On Jan 10, 2021
Minjim:

And the government permits it?

Who are those in charge of the government?
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:25pm On Jan 10, 2021
wakaman:

Bro, if I can call you that, the point is there is systematic and target ostracization of a particular tribe all over Nigeria, caused by stigmatisation, all tribes have criminals, these days it seems like all other tribes' criminals have resigned/retired as been painted by several scenarios without investigation most times to the probable/ vetted criminals as Fulani. Also the Fulanis by nature are pastoral in lifestyle so naught the case of claiming ownership of land. Please part the veil of castigation and see what these actions might turn out to become.
It is wrong to stigmatise any particular group or people for the culpability of individuals in that group.
This should stop.
I would have agreed with you because what you're saying is very correct on the surface.
But when a tribal group or their leaders and associations at least are owning and giving open support to crimes committed by their tribesmen, then to have to call them out.
You can't say because you want to be politically correct, you'll hide from the problem starring you in the face. Let me give a few examples.
In 2012 when the army engaged bandits in Kaduna and decimated them, Elrufai directly threatened the army with vengeance via a tweet.
In 2018 when Fulani herdsmen killed over 800 people in Agatu, Benue state, Miyeti Allah came out to own the attacks claiming it was reprisals for the killing of their cows by the locals.
When SW govs wanted to start amotekun, of all socio-cultural tribes in the country, only the Gaa Fulani and Miyetti Allah spoke against that move to secure the SW. Not IPOB, nor INC nor MOSOP nor any other tribal association but that of the Fulani. Of course, other northern groups later joined their anthem.
I hope you can see the trajectory now. I will advise you to read up on the last article by Aliyu Tilde one of the Fulani intellectuals where he sought to explain the reason for the banditry we're seeing all over the country. I tell you, I've never read a open fuckery in my life.
So if the Fulani want to change the narrative, it's their job to do but believe me, they see Nigeria as belonging to them. That's the main problem we're facing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Nkwobi042: 7:28pm On Jan 10, 2021
Kemistri4:

He is right. Ethnic militias like Amotekun are a recipe for disaster. Go and read about the Interahamwe in Rwanda.

Nigeria is slowly treading a dangerous lane...

No he is not Right!
Let every region get their own militia, since we are in a worthless country with almost zero security protection.

And yes,I enjoy the slaughtering of those murderous fulanis.Either they stay in cities like normal humans, or they get themselves shot in the bush like bush animals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:34pm On Jan 10, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Tribes existed in relative harmony, there was no tribal hatred. The white colonialists created tribalism (not tribes) by playing favouritism and elevating those they considered malleable and who came to be regarded as collaborators. Naturally, these came more from some tribes than others and this led to tribal acrimony. There are entire books written on the divide and rule systems used by the colonials in Africa, from Belgium to Britain. Find some and read up on the topic.
Relative harmony you say? Shall I give you examples? Even the Igbo couldn't build an empire as monolithic as they were due to mistrust and hatred among their several clans. The Yorubas who managed to never stopped killing and enslaving the weaker clans. As for the Hausas, as large as they were, they were conquered by the Fulani thru religious affiliation.
As a matter of fact, the whites met so much conflict among the locals, they conquered most of them by taking sides with the weaker against the stronger especially in the South. As for the North, their leaders simply surrendered without a whimper as long as they were allowed to keep their seats since they themselves were usurpers anyway.
Tribalism has always existed among us. I can give you countless discriminatory proverbs among Yorubas. Those proverbs were not taught by the colonialists.
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Organs(m): 7:55pm On Jan 10, 2021
seunmsg:
The headline is inciting. Saharareporters should do better. This should be about criminality and not tribe. The headline alone has given it an ethnic coloration so it’s going to be difficult for any objective take at this point in time. Sowore must stop the negative reporting of Amotekun’s activities.

You have taken sides with your last statement. Right is right and wrong is wrong. Now, How did "Amotekun" identify the fulanis as kidnappers? Read the narrative again. A man went to buy food......., This is easy to investigate, has he lived in the community for ever, did they investigate in any way shape or form? We have serious security challenges, however, we cannot look at any fulani and see a kidnapper, same way whites look at blacks in America and see a potential criminal.
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by ariesbull: 7:58pm On Jan 10, 2021
Firstpage:

Hausa quarters are sabos. Villages are settlements.
no sabo in East
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Nkwobi042: 8:01pm On Jan 10, 2021
CSTRR:

See your big mouth.

As if when fight start, you will stand.

I just dey read wetin the f!ool they write, I don laugh tire.

Shebi na because of this same matter we fight civil war,now them no want one Nigeria again.The runs wey them be support don hook for their throat like bone. grin

1 Like

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Nkwobi042: 8:05pm On Jan 10, 2021
I once had a dream where I saw some men in bushes looking for fulanis to kill.Im that dream they were asking where fulanis are hiding,and these men are from various tribes because they were speaking various languages.

I woke up.

Time will come when many tribes, both major and minor will be out for blood on the fulanis.Funny enough I had this dream around November last year.

1 Like

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 10, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Relative harmony you say? Shall I give you examples? Even the Igbo couldn't build an empire as monolithic as they were due to mistrust and hatred among their several clans. The Yorubas who managed to never stopped killing and enslaving the weaker clans. As for the Hausas, as large as they were, they were conquered by the Fulani thru religious affiliation.
As a matter of fact, the whites met so much conflict among the locals, they conquered most of them by taking sides with the weaker against the stronger especially in the South. As for the North, their leaders simply surrendered without a whimper as long as they were allowed to keep their seats since they themselves were usurpers anyway.
Tribalism has always existed among us. I can give you countless discriminatory proverbs among Yorubas. Those proverbs were not taught by the colonialists.

You continue to restrict your account of precolonial history to Nigeria. I am talking about African blacks as a whole. And even if there were precolonial conflicts in Nigeria, this was not the case everywhere. Even in Nigeria, it was not all wars and conflicts. And without the alleged colonial exploitation, this tribalism would never have continued into the present era. We would have learnt to mutually accept each other long ago.

Again, I did not blame the colonialists for exploiting and enhancing the tribalism. I blame us for accepting the system and blowing it up to the present level. We should have known better. And if this tribalism is self created as you say, then bigger shame on us.
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by wakaman: 8:19pm On Jan 10, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

I would have agreed with you because what you're saying is very correct on the surface.
But when a tribal group or their leaders and associations at least are owning and giving open support to crimes committed by their tribesmen, then to have to call them out.
You can't say because you want to be politically correct, you'll hide from the problem starring you in the face. Let me give a few examples.
In 2012 when the army engaged bandits in Kaduna and decimated them, Elrufai directly threatened the army with vengeance via a tweet.
In 2018 when Fulani herdsmen killed over 800 people in Agatu, Benue state, Miyeti Allah came out to own the attacks claiming it was reprisals for the killing of their cows by the locals.
When SW govs wanted to start amotekun, of all socio-cultural tribes in the country, only the Gaa Fulani and Miyetti Allah spoke against that move to secure the SW. Not IPOB, nor INC nor MOSOP nor any other tribal association but that of the Fulani. Of course, other northern groups later joined their anthem.
I hope you can see the trajectory now. I will advise you to read up on the last article by Aliyu Tilde one of the Fulani intellectuals where he sought to explain the reason for the banditry we're seeing all over the country. I tell you, I've never read a open fuckery in my life.
So if the Fulani want to change the narrative, it's their job to do but believe me, they see Nigeria as belonging to them. That's the main problem we're facing.

I totally deplore and condemn violence under any guide and guise.

Sir, the Fulani is made up of humans like you and I, like every other tribe, there are the good,the bad,the ugly.
To persecute the whole crew would be an injustice to humanity as latent in this trend.
Nigerias geographic indices of crime cuts across all tribes, with certain tribes having prevalent dominance and involvement in certain crimes which eventually would lead to this same kind of persecution of a group because of the indices they show off on the crime geography of Nigeria.

You can fill inthe blanks with your preferred sentiments which most times are errors not fact of the following phrases when it comes to criminality.

Yorubas are............
Igbos are.......
Calabars are .........
Etc......!
We would eventually turn on another.

Think bro.
Let's not allow Fulanis to get the jew treatment, then we become a NAZI like situation.

Let's stop calling names and picking sides on issues like this, we are really just adding up to the soildeirs of injustice which would find a battle become mass murder or genocide.

Yes!

1 Like

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
ABCthingx:
Ethnicity is bad I know. We should have moved beyond this but instead its getting worse day by day.

And nobody knows why. sad Do you?

Because we feed the demon. Why?

Maybe because we blacks are mentally backward? Who knows? While Europeans and Asians are joining hands to split atoms, build machines, improve food production, create economic systems and splice DNA; using resources mined from under our very feet; we Africans are busy finding faults with each other; creating such intellectual constructs like the Name Checkers Association of Nigeria headquartered in NL; a merituous organisation that has no equal anywhere else on the globe. And like joke like joke, it will one day become yet another instrument of hate speech. We excel at these. We even hate on sub groups within the same tribe when we have nothing better to do, like Mbaise Vs Anambra and Imo Vs Abia Igbos etc; while Yorubas can tell you in minute detail the difference between an Ijebu and an Ekiti, or Ijeshas and Oyos. We are that petty. And of course, our media is a reflection of our dumb behaviour. It is run by fellow tribalistic Nigerians after all.

I swear, I have never once asked a Nigerian man for his tribe or his faith. If our characters click, we get along, if not, I find my way. I don't even try to find out who is from where on NL, all I'm interested in is what I can learn from people here. I do not even understand the logic behind putting such energy into tribalism. Maybe because I did not grow up in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Matthew4sure(m): 8:47pm On Jan 10, 2021
In those days Fulani always be our best friend and now bad government make them to be enemies I still believe that good one still among them God take control
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Firstpage: 9:27pm On Jan 10, 2021
ariesbull:
no sabo in East

Okay. Ama hausa.
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Firstpage: 9:36pm On Jan 10, 2021
AnanseK:

Your thinking is very shallow. A tribal army needs to be more careful about killing other Nigerians.
The Nigerian Military has rules of engagement and under certain circumstances can cause the loss of life.
If all other tribes in Nigeria decide to form their own amotekun “in order to kill criminals from other tribes “ can’t you see the danger in that? Remember it is Amotekun that will decide if someone is a criminal and kill him instantly.
When other tribes form their Amotekun and start killing your tribe you will start using your brain.
Stop comparing Amotekun with the Nigerian Military. They are not the same.

The army is already a tribal army dominated by northerners. That’s why they kill in Lekky and kill ipob in aba.

Amotekun also have rules of engagement. If your terrorist brothers shoot at Amotekun they will be killed like the animals they are.

Reason like a human being next time you quote me.
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Teeisaac(m): 9:38pm On Jan 10, 2021
uBuNiT:
Haa! Make Yoruba pipu no cos wahala o. Make Fulani no con finish us here o. You all know dem. Dem no dey gree dem no day hear

Mi o fe wahala o
u are a bastard son. Ur father must do DNA ASAP
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2021
@Miketayo, Hausas, despite their numerical strength, have been enslaved by the minority Fulanis. Look at PMB and Yaradua , maybe Shagari, are all Fulani's. I don't think an Hausa person has ever been president; they're just being used by the minorities and dumped. It's a pity!

1 Like

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by GMBuhari: 10:11pm On Jan 10, 2021
Sammy07:
Amotekun Oyo should thread with caution.
They're killing both innocent people and those destabilizing the state.

I'm beginning to feel they're using them.
APC
PDP
Oyo chiefs and some kings.

The three above are using the Oyo Amotekuns to destabilize the State.

Ajíṣebí ọ̀yọ́ lanri. angry

Said it several times here Amotekun is filled with illiterates, used and dumped political thugs, opc members who are touts and they weren't trained
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Supan(m): 10:44pm On Jan 10, 2021
GMBuhari:

Said it several times here Amotekun is filled with illiterates, used and dumped political thugs, opc members who are touts and they weren't trained

Stop crying, if you want to pick the guns of the dead Fulani terrorist and continue their atrocities. You are free!

Just know that, Amotekun will send you to hell before night fall tomorrow.
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:16pm On Jan 10, 2021
wakaman:

I totally deplore and condemn violence under any guide and guise.

Sir, the Fulani is made up of humans like you and I, like every other tribe, there are the good,the bad,the ugly.
To persecute the whole crew would be an injustice to humanity as latent in this trend.
Nigerias geographic indices of crime cuts across all tribes, with certain tribes having prevalent dominance and involvement in certain crimes which eventually would lead to this same kind of persecution of a group because of the indices they show off on the crime geography of Nigeria.

You can fill inthe blanks with your preferred sentiments which most times are errors not fact of the following phrases when it comes to criminality.

Yorubas are............
Igbos are.......
Calabars are .........
Etc......!
We would eventually turn on another.

Think bro.
Let's not allow Fulanis to get the jew treatment, then we become a NAZI like situation.

Let's stop calling names and picking sides on issues like this, we are really just adding up to the soildeirs of injustice which would find a battle become mass murder or genocide.

Yes!

Let me agree with you in the interim while clarifying something. Consider the scenarios below from your post.
Let's say Yorubas are skull miners. A Yoruba man mine skull in the East. Another does same in the North East. Then Afenifere and Yoruba Council of Elders say those killings are justified because the victims refused to wear helmet when they saw a Yoruba man knowing fully well their love for skull mining
Igbos are drug peddlers killing people with drug abuse in the North and West. Then Ohanaeze come out to say you shouldn't blame the drug mules for drug abuse but rather blame those who buy from them
Calabar are cannibals. A Calabar man eats two young boys for lunch in Kano. Another eats a young girl in Ogun. The Efik cultural groups come out to say they ate those people because they looked yummy and anyone who looks yummy deserves to be eaten.
Tell me your solution to these scenarios.
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by olatunji390(m): 11:51pm On Jan 10, 2021
Nah fear catch them. With fear, u don't need to wait, u just fire
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by sangresan(m): 12:36am On Jan 11, 2021
seunmsg:
The headline is inciting. Saharareporters should do better. This should be about criminality and not tribe. The headline alone has given it an ethnic coloration so it’s going to be difficult for any objective take at this point in time. Sowore must stop the negative reporting of Amotekun’s activities.

That idiot called Sowore has been a monumental disgrace...
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by obama30: 2:20am On Jan 11, 2021
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by obama30: 2:34am On Jan 11, 2021
Organs:

You have taken sides with your last statement. Right is right and wrong is wrong. Now, How did "Amotekun" identify the fulanis as kidnappers? Read the narrative again. A man went to buy food......., This is easy to investigate, has he lived in the community for ever, did they investigate in any way shape or form? We have serious security challenges, however, we cannot look at any fulani and see a kidnapper, same way whites look at blacks in America and see a potential criminal.

Only criminals live in bush, this is 21 century, if you can't change remain in your village don't travel with hope your host community will accept your backwardness
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Sammy07: 5:52am On Jan 11, 2021
GMBuhari:

I don't know why other Yorubas didn't see the picture
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by ariesbull: 6:22am On Jan 11, 2021
Firstpage:

Okay. Ama hausa.
rented quarters not villages
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 11, 2021
TriCee:
Well, they're charged to deal with anyone constituting nuisance in the region. Do anyhow and see anyhow!

But they shouldn't be allowed to wield so much killing power o. It can can backfire o!

Not when fulani herders were given permission to weild gun.
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by GidiCars: 7:16am On Jan 11, 2021
CSTRR:

See your big mouth.

As if when fight start, you will stand.

If start fight, you'll be chased out of the SW and sent back to your enclave in the east. Hope you won't cry this time and say we took all your money and gave you £20.
Hope you didn't forget the fight sat Ore, you didn't even make it into the SW, you'll be boxed up in the east while begging the ND people for access to the sea.

You claim to be the economic power house of nigeria but what you do is no short of buying and selling, while wasting our country's FX ok fake goods. When nigeria breaks up, how do you intend to get that FX?

If nigeria divides today, which I hope happens quickly, Igbos and the north would be the biggest losers.

See how sane the SW has been the last few weeks since you lots have gone back to your enclave enmasse.

Also, stop saying we should let you go. Tell your governors, senators, and political elites to support Biafra and see how fast you'll get it.
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Firstpage: 7:32am On Jan 11, 2021
ariesbull:
rented quarters not villages

That’s your headache.
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by PreyingMantis(m): 7:39am On Jan 11, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
This is how Rwanda's disaster started...with hate speech being broadcast on the media; leading to a third of the mostly innocent population being massacred. In Nigeria, that would mean 70million people.
70 million what? There are no more than 15 million Fulanis in Nigeria. The expansionist tendency of the Fulani would be their greatest undoing. They're unwittingly playing into the hands of their host communities. When shit hits the fan (which will happen sooner than later) it will be very easy to encircle them and finish off from there.

Like wtf is Fulani village in the heart of Yorubaland I don't get it

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

14-Year-Old Wife Kills Her Husband In Niger State 5 Months After Marriage / She Was Deceived Into Prostitution Abroad. / Baby Disappears Mysteriously During Naming In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.