Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? (36909 Views)

Gunmen Kill 7 Wedding Guests In Imo / Bandits Strike In Katsina-Ala Benue, Kill 7, Injures 5 Others (Graphic Pictures) / 3 Teenage Fulani Herders Aged 13, 14, Arrested For Gang-Raping A Girl In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Firstpage: 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2021
CSTRR:

Oh really?

But igbos should be wary of reprisals?
You are on your own.

Why are you trying to bring igbos into this thread? Later you will claim people can’t do without igbos.

Northerners know they have more to lose if they threaten reprisal. Mass killings of Yoruba will be the end of Nigeria. You don’t offend a Yoruba man and reconcile later. He will never forget.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by ABCthingx: 3:15pm On Jan 10, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

It doesn't matter who practises tribalism or in what form. Everyone should just stop. The whites imposed the concept of tribalism on us to divide and rule us and in our slavish mentality, we continue to follow in the path they laid out for us even after they left. Have you heard debates in the UK media as to whether Boris Johnson is ethnically Welsh, Scottish, Irish or English? Do you hear Justin Trudeau's ethnicity being reported? Vladimir Putin? No. It's only we blacks that keep our tribes on the front burner for immediate use.

I'm out of here. I hate commenting on Crime or Political threads. We Africans are always shallow analysts at best.
do you see Scottish people going to other people farms to kill and rape them? Be dere speaking english, when they start liquidating your family you will know.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by emezuo17: 3:16pm On Jan 10, 2021
seunmsg:
The headline is inciting. Saharareporters should do better. This should be about criminality and not tribe. The headline alone has given it an ethnic coloration so it’s going to be difficult for any objective take at this point in time. Sowore must stop the negative reporting of Amotekun’s activities.
. I hope you will also be this objective if the headline had been "vigilantes in the east killed Fulani criminals".

2 Likes

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by ABCthingx: 3:17pm On Jan 10, 2021
Daddysidhan:
Alaye se eti gba owo ni? This one you are jam talking me no understand, so the life of 7 Fulani killed is more valuable than the numerous people that has been killed by Fulani before this. Your double standard has no part two sometimes.
I don't blame him. Nigger still has complete fingers that's why. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Komu1048(m): 3:17pm On Jan 10, 2021
ABCthingx:
sad Few years ago.. This Fulani attacked a village I've been to.
It was actually several gbagyi villages around that area.
They kill them and burnt their farms and disposed them.

And nothing was done about it instead the pained villagers who dared to defend themselves were arrested and lockedup by the army. One Nigeria sad

U see, in as much as I hate tribal war, we can't continue to seek for peace whereas a group of people prey on our lives and land

7 Likes

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by GidiCars: 3:18pm On Jan 10, 2021
CSTRR:

Oh really?

But igbos should be wary of reprisals?
You are on your own.
Oga, we didn't drag you into our fights. Only thing is that, when it starts, you'd also have to leave our region and go back to the east so you don't get caught up in it.
We've been sounding warnings to YORUBAs in the north and east to return, cause it's only a matter of time before it goes down, and we can't guarantee their safety outside the SW.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJHpB-4Dwo3/?igshid=1j2qerexg6q2j

4 Likes

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Daddysidhan: 3:19pm On Jan 10, 2021
sapele914:
Bush man from ibadan do not speak for other Yorubas, enlightened Omo Oduduwas from Lagos & Ogun ie Tinubu & Fashola did not ask for your advocacy.
Oloriburuku omo molla apayan trying to play games Lols, gambari your days are numbered we are Yorubas and we don't care what the Bleep you guys do in the north if you misbehave in South West we go waste Una like Dawgs. Keep living in fools paradise. Una go hear am

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by ABCthingx: 3:19pm On Jan 10, 2021
Komu1048:

U see, in as much as I hate tribal war, we can't continue to seek for peace whereas a group of people prey on our lives and land
Exactly.
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2021
Firstpage:

It’s a simple case. Let the National Assembly or state assemblies pass a law banning open grazing. Because open grazing and farming will always resort in conflicts. Besides our culture oppose open cow rearing. Let’s pass a law into that effect.

Cattle business is a huge business and anyone that wants to go into it must be ready to invest.

Kano state has banned alcohol and have been going about destroying people’s business. Let’s past anti open grazing law and kill any cow on sight. Let’s destroy their business also and let them go back to the north.

First, you cannot ban open grazing without first finding alternatives. Why is this so difficult to grasp? Even if you are not an agriculturist. It so not in any way similar to a region banning the sale of alcohol.

And it's not an issue of "destroy my business, I destroy your business" like in kindergarten. First, the cattle in the south does not all belong to Fulanis, in fact, most of the herds belong to local individuals or groups and the Fulani only care for them. Thirdly, unlike alcohol, or okada (which incidentally, was banned on some Lagos streets without harmful consequences) meat is a staple part of the diet. Banning livestock production in Nigeria at a time when food production is already under stress will only make life harder for everyone. Nigeria just cannot afford to increase meat imports along with everything else. You don't run a country on inter tribal spite.
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by GidiCars: 3:21pm On Jan 10, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

It doesn't matter who practises tribalism or in what form. Everyone should just stop. The whites imposed the concept of tribalism on us to divide and rule us and in our slavish mentality, we continue to follow in the path they laid out for us even after they left. Have you heard debates in the UK media as to whether Boris Johnson is ethnically Welsh, Scottish, Irish or English? Do you hear Justin Trudeau's ethnicity being reported? Vladimir Putin? No. It's only we blacks that keep our tribes on the front burner for immediate use.

I'm out of here. I hate commenting on Crime or Political threads. We Africans are always shallow analysts at best.
The position of the UK prime minister is only for the English cause they're the economic power house of the brick. The other members dare not contest, and have never been in that position. The only reason a Northerner would own an oil well in the South is cause of the dumb stupid sellouts we call leaders here. Nevertheless, time is coming when all this nonsense would stop. Nigeria won't survive a second civil war cause this time, no one in the South would fight for the country, everyone would fight for their ethnicity. Anyone amongst us that tries to betray would pay for it with his life.

9 Likes

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by ABCthingx: 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
Sammy07:

We gather dey here together.
I'm not saying Amotekun was wrong.
I'm saying the medias are giving it ethnic coloration.
Which will make the government look for all means to banned them.

The report is inciting.
Ain't the Yorubas in Oyo betraying the people by inviting the fulanis to destabilize the state?
Or you didn't read the report.?
we don't care. Both the inviter and the invitee must been dealt with! .angry

But you sef reason am. Are fulanis the only minority in Nigeria? Why are they not inviting urhobo people?

3 Likes

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by imagrg(m): 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2021
Na waoh
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by GidiCars: 3:28pm On Jan 10, 2021
sapele914:
Bush man from ibadan do not speak for other Yorubas, enlightened Omo Oduduwas from Lagos & Ogun ie Tinubu & Fashola did not ask for your advocacy.

We don't discriminate in the SW, we might take Jabs at each other sometimes, but it's nothing serious. When you get to the east, or North or wherever you're from, you can go contest Anambra supremacy, Enugu supremacy amongst yourselves.

Your brothers in the east are already denying being Igbo and claiming to be YORUBA.

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by jerry2cino(m): 3:28pm On Jan 10, 2021
Institute of the beast
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Firstpage: 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

First, you cannot ban open grazing without first finding alternatives. Why is this so difficult to grasp? Even if you are not an agriculturist. It so not in any way similar to a region banning the sale of alcohol.

And it's not an issue of "destroy my business, I destroy your business" like in kindergarten. First, the cattle in the south does not all belong to Fulanis, in fact, most of the herds belong to local individuals or groups and the Fulani only care for them. Thirdly, unlike alcohol, or okada (which incidentally, was banned on some Lagos streets without harmful consequences) meat is a staple part of the diet. Banning livestock production in Nigeria at a time when food production is already under stress will only make life harder for everyone. Nigeria just cannot afford to increase meat imports along with everything else. You don't run a country on inter tribal spite.

It is not my business as a southern governor to find alternatives to Fulani. They are not under my jurisdiction.

If someone could ban alcohol and destroy people’s legitimate means of livelihood without any uproar, banning open grazing shouldn’t be a problem. Let them move their cattle to the north and rear them there and sell to us here.

2 Likes

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2021
Reference:

So your police will just go around shooting and killing people because they are supposedly caught in one crime or the other.

Do you even understand that it is against international law and that even domestic repercussions could set this country ablaze.

Think hard, very hard about what is beginning to emerge.

There is nothing to think about here ! As a people,Yoruba,we won't sacrifice our land for fulani or anybody because someone believes that's the only guarantee for peace.

Nigeria can burn to ashes and all fulanis can die for we won't sacrifice an inch of Yoruba land to please anybody.

War is here already and we know it ! Those guys are in our forests hoping to swoop on us at their appointed time. We ain't sleeping man and one primitive tribe from futa njalon cannot dislodge us from our land.

2 Likes

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by ariesbull: 3:31pm On Jan 10, 2021
So we have fülani village and Bororo village in oyo state... I never knew that oyo state wasn't fully a Yoruba state

This is impressive . .

1 Like

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Firstpage: 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2021
GidiCars:

The position of the UK prime minister is only for the English cause they're the economic power house of the brick. The other members dare not contest, and have never been in that position. The only reason a Northerner would own an oil well in the South is cause of the dumb stupid sellouts we call leaders here. Nevertheless, time is coming when all this nonsense would stop. Nigeria won't survive a second civil war cause this time, no one in the South would fight for the country, everyone would fight for their ethnicity. Anyone amongst us that tries to betray would pay for it with his life.

Gordon Brown was not English.
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by AFONJACOW(m): 3:33pm On Jan 10, 2021
owobokiri:

They're shaking like leaves... Very anyhow fear fear human beings...
their headache is ipob...

1 Like

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 10, 2021
ABCthingx:
do you see Scottish people going to other people farms to kill and rape them? Be dere speaking english, when they start liquidating your family you will know.

The point is no one reports tribal affiliation when someone commits a crime abroad, so you wouldn't know whether a UK criminal is Scottish or Irish. That practise of reporting tribe is unique to Nigeria alone.

And killings in whatever form are not restricted only to Fulanis. Or only to herdsmen. Every tribe has its criminals; including killers. Should we fight an entire tribe, race or nationality whenever some of its members commit crimes? For example, do you think it is justified that all Nigerians be targeted and pulled out for strip searches in every airport in the world, because foreigners have come to associate Nigerians with drug related crimes and scams? Would you feel it was justified if your aged mother or father had to go through security personnel digging through their anus in a UK airport on the ground that all Nigerians are drug dealers? Or if your brother was shot by the US police on the grounds that he was a suspected scammer because he was Nigerian? Stereotyping works both ways, you see. We feel comfortable when we stereotype others and only understand how bad it is when it is done to us.

If a criminal of whatever ethnicity commits a crime, he should absolutely be caught and charged; or even killed if he resists arrest. But attacking and proscribing an entire tribe because of the actions of some of them is wrong behaviour, and if we kill innocents among them, we are no better than those of them who kill innocents among us. We are both killers of innocents. Belonging to the same tribe as a criminal does not make a third party a criminal. That is all I have to say. And if you still don't understand the concept, there is no way I can explain more than this.

1 Like

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Firstpage: 3:34pm On Jan 10, 2021
ariesbull:
So we have fülani village and Bororo village in oyo state... I never knew that oyo state wasn't fully a Yoruba state

This is impressive . .

We also have Hausa and Yoruba settlements in all eastern states. That means they are not fully Igbo states? Dumb head.

1 Like

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by ABCthingx: 3:35pm On Jan 10, 2021
Reference:

So your police will just go around shooting and killing people because they are supposedly caught in one crime or the other.

Do you even understand that it is against international law and that even domestic repercussions could set this country ablaze.

Think hard, very hard about what is beginning to emerge.
Yeah, its quite terrible. But how do you charge a Fulani man that alway kills and runaway to Court? Esp. when they will be covered by their sarikis and so.

4 Likes

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by ABCthingx: 3:37pm On Jan 10, 2021
Deepthoughts:
Ranching would very easily solve this herdsmen problem,but the fulanis are not out for legitimate business but dominance,if not the herdsmen should ordinarily be asking government to establish the ranches for them to use for a fee just as government build markets for traders simple.
those immigrants think Nigeria is a place to conquer.

6 Likes

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Yusman316(m): 3:38pm On Jan 10, 2021
Ezini:

Is it impossible to ranch this cows, and save everyone of us the stress,
Innocent herdsmen are being killed in place of terrorists herdsmen,
Host villages are not safe even on their own soil
Farmer are killed and maimed on daily basis, thanks to killer herdsmen
Cant we adopt western method of cow rearing and enjoy peace
We don't yet have a government with the political Will to do that. That's our major problem in this country. We have solutions from reports on how to fix this country, but the political Will is lacking. And this Will cut across entire length and breadth of this country. Every tribe, religion, ethnicity and region is not left out
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by ABCthingx: 3:39pm On Jan 10, 2021
sapele914:
Same way the army in due time, will kill those amotekun that decide to take the laws into their hands.
they are in Oyo, go and kill them. Mumu.

How many bko harams have they killed?

5 Likes

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 10, 2021
Firstpage:

It is not my business as a southern governor to find alternatives to Fulani. They are not under my jurisdiction.

If someone could ban alcohol and destroy people’s legitimate means of livelihood without any uproar, banning open grazing shouldn’t be a problem. Let them move their cattle to the north and rear them there and sell to us here.

You are still thinking along ethnic lines; hardly surprising since it is difficult to break out of a stereotype mould. You also don't seem to understand the difference in economic impact between banning a luxury product and a staple food item.

All Nigerians are constitutionally entitled to work and live in whatever parts of Nigeria they want to. There is no South/North jurisdiction over movement. I would tend to think that more Southerners live in the North than Northerners in the south. Southern governors have no more right to kick them out than Northern governors have the right to kick Southerners out of the North. At best, they can be kicked off private property where they set up settlements. But in most cases, those settlements are initiated with the approval of local traditional rulers or on private property when the herdsmen are invited in to care for local cattle herds.
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:42pm On Jan 10, 2021
Slynation:
it's well oO.....but one thing is certain,the Fulani never forgives, they will re-enforce and attack that village when the time is due, be it days, months or years.....

Believe it or not,they won't come out alive again ! They will be buried in the forest of Oke Ogun.

3 Likes

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by mamaafrik(m): 3:42pm On Jan 10, 2021
Slynation:
it's well oO.....but one thing is certain,the Fulani never forgives, they will re-enforce and attack that village when the time is due, be it days, months or years.....
stop that funny thinking,it's only a fulani that was not well dealt with that will preach that monkey orientation.
Deal decisively with them And they flee and bookmark your area as no go area

7 Likes

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Yusman316(m): 3:48pm On Jan 10, 2021
sapele914:
It is enshrined in the Lands Use Act 1978, ignorant Nigerians in their wickedness have failed to implement it.
And that's what created the problem we now find ourselves in. Many of the cattle routes and land for ranching has been encroached on, and the Fulani still believe the have the rights to these places there by causing clashes. But we must not disregard the criminal angle of what is happening from many actors, both local and foreign
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by GidiCars: 3:48pm On Jan 10, 2021
Firstpage:

Gordon Brown was not English.

My bad, just did some findings. Thanks.
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Yusman316(m): 3:52pm On Jan 10, 2021
Firstpage:

Who are the ignorant Nigerians? How many Nigerian tribes rear cow except Fulani. Direct your comments to them. Let them ranch their cattle and let peace reign.
Government built markets and collected rent and tax from marketers, why didn't the same government make ranches then asked the herders to ranch their cattle and then pay rent and tax?
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 10, 2021
GidiCars:

Wrong sir. There have been Scottish, Welsh and even Irish prime ministers of the UK, as well as English ones. Even of recent, both Blair and Brown are Scotsmen. The fact that you did not know this is further proof of the veracity of what I stated earlier.

Owning an oil well is a financial transaction. Even a foreigner can own an oil well in a country not his own if the laws permit it. Southerners own property in the North, Northerners own property in the South. Ditto with East and West. Even foreigners own infrastructure in Nigeria and same for Nigerians abroad. Unless all these transactions were also sell outs, your demonstration is meaningless.

That is precisely why tribalism should be eschewed. A civil war is not in anyone's best interest, despite everyone thinking that his own region will come out better off. There is more incentive to work on each others strengths to develop the whole country, the way multicultural countries like the US, Canada, or even fare Eastern countries like Malaysia has done. Until then, everyone will continue to suffer. The biggest drawback in Nigeria is the backward mentality of her citizens; all of them; not education, not infrastructure and not government policy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Man Rapes Girlfriend To Death / Man Pours Cameroon Pepper Into Wife’s Private In Ebonyi, Faces Divorce / Soldier Sentenced To Death For Killing Boko Haram Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.