Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,208 members, 7,839,114 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Pictures From Moniya Train Station, Ibadan - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures From Moniya Train Station, Ibadan (51697 Views)

Aerial View Of Lagos Metrol Rail And The Marina Train Station / Before And After Pictures Of Ebute-Metta Train Station / Jubril Gawat: What The Yaba Train Station Will Look Look When Finished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Moniya Train Station, Ibadan by Miracle1991: 8:58pm On Jan 10, 2021
golddare:

1. States creation was the genesis of naija problem.

2. Regional systems was cancelled for the purpose of greed and besides we are not running a true federation.

3. You mentioned Roads, bridges..... Did you see what Awolowo, Zik and A Bello did in short times compared to over almost 30yrs of military rule?.

4. You have no idea of the kind of money that was made and stolen during military rule but at least repatriated Abacha loots is an eye opener.

4. Note that I am not defending former and present politicians. My point was that if things was left with the way developments was going in various regions immediately after independence we probably won't be celebrating trains system now.
the 1966 coup that brought the the military was sponsored by the politicians and the military government of Ironsi did what the politicians that brought him to power wanted. They wanted unitary government and Ironsi gave it to them.
Re: Pictures From Moniya Train Station, Ibadan by raphy(m): 10:18pm On Jan 10, 2021
Golan007:

And you would be happy.

No be our tax money them still use do am .Na the person wey de in charge them go sack no be me .

Why will I be happy like say gain anything our country is already useless stay there de look.

Old rail Na bush for floor mills apapa n ijora
Re: Pictures From Moniya Train Station, Ibadan by Golan007: 10:37pm On Jan 10, 2021
raphy:

No be our tax money them still use do am .Na the person wey de in charge them go sack no be me .

Why will I be happy like say gain anything our country is already useless stay there de look.

Old rail Na bush for floor mills apapa n ijora

And because you were poor yesterday does that mean you'll be poor forever?

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Moniya Train Station, Ibadan by drlateef: 11:49pm On Jan 10, 2021
ggood:
but Nddc don't construct rail

Go and check the remit of NDDC. Every social and economic infrastructure is present there.
Re: Pictures From Moniya Train Station, Ibadan by Loonyy(m): 8:01am On Jan 11, 2021
CaptainPrice1:

Who started the monorail in Portharcourt that wike refused to complete all because of party difference?

he couldn't even complete the phase 1 of the project Bcux The area of Land that belongs to the government was exhausted ,
Wike refused to touch the project describing it as a trap Bcux the number of houses that would be affected is uncomfortable and compensation to be paid no Go be Here
so Leave Matter
Re: Pictures From Moniya Train Station, Ibadan by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 11, 2021
ggood:
Every Federal government projects is in Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja and Kano. we in South South are we not Nigerians government should bring Rail to our region because Yoruba people hardly travel.

we travel alot and we own the resources and yet no rail

Your money is with NDDC ask them for your project. If Buhari gave money to NDDC and they misappropriate it, yourself knew he won't talk
Re: Pictures From Moniya Train Station, Ibadan by CoolAmbience(m): 8:09pm On Jan 12, 2021
olumide4christ:

Please tell him ooo...awon "our oyel people"!

My mother is from the South South, Edo state to be precise, but I as a sincere person must call a spade a spade...the people of the Niger Delta are the enemies of the Niger Delta, end of story!

How much did the leaders of the United Arab Emirates use to start the development of Dubai and Abu Dhabi? They had a vision!
How many trillions of Naira have the NDDC & the Niger Delta governors received in 20 years, that they couldn't develop the Niger Delta? Large proportion of the money was embezzled, the leaders have no vision, except for Akwa-Ibom state where we see the government investing in industries, airline, local production, etc... that is what visionary leaders do.
Except Akwa-Ibom state, all other Niger Delta governors and the successive NDDC management have been visionless!

I agree with you completely.

My wife is from the South south region, an Urhobo to be precise.

The region has the worst collection of human beings parading as leaders. I mean, thieves, whom they erroneously refer to as Chiefs.

Yes, only Akwa Ibom is moving in the right direction. We all know of Ibom Air; the world-class Jubilee Syringe Manufacturing company; the Coconut Refinery; the multimillion dollar Jim Ovia Petrochemical plant, still in the works etc.

I think the worst hit with bad leadership in the region are Delta and Bayelsa states....total leadership madness! Only God can save these states as their youths are nothing to write home about: clueless, carefree, lazy, wayward and gullible, with due respect to a responsible, innovative, entrepreneurial and hardworking few.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Moniya Train Station, Ibadan by olumide4christ: 2:51am On Jan 13, 2021
CoolAmbience:

I agree with you completely.

My wife is from the South south region, an Urhobo to be precise.

The region has the worst collection of human beings parading as leaders. I mean, thieves, whom they erroneously refer to as Chiefs.

Yes, only Akwa Ibom is moving in the right direction. We all know of Ibom Air; the world-class Jubilee Syringe Manufacturing company; the Coconut Refinery; the multimillion dollar Jim Ovia Petrochemical plant, still in the works etc.

I think the worst hit with bad leadership in the region are Delta and Bayelsa states....total leadership madness! Only God can save these states as their youths are nothing to write home about: clueless, carefree, lazy, wayward and gullible, with due respect to a responsible, innovative, entrepreneurial and hardworking few.

Spot on, sir!
Well said!
Re: Pictures From Moniya Train Station, Ibadan by drlateef: 9:55am On Jan 13, 2021
ggood:
but Nddc don't construct rail

They are allowed to construct anything and link up with national system if they want. Even ordinary social projects they never completed them. All money stolen, yet you never query them because they come from your village. Who is doing you, if not your fellow brothers and sisters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of The Lagos State Light Rail That Will Begin Operation From 2021 / The Beauty Of Ilorin International Airport, Kwara (photo) / What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.