Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Please Matured Mind I Need Advice ... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Matured Mind I Need Advice ... (296 Views)

My Chinese Boss Keeps Making About 40% Deductions From My Salary. I Need Advice / Need Advice On Salary At My New Job / My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Matured Mind I Need Advice ... by Bernardhill: 7:09pm On Jan 10, 2021
When I first wrote O level 2014, My step dad said he doesn't have money to further my education,they dropped him from work. I grew up with my step Dad in Delta and he took care of my primary and secondary education, Then I really have interest in becoming a lawyer, and also have interest in politics. then I start working mini jobs to survive since no money , I worked in a bakery , bar , etc , but still no way out. I felt discouraged, I really don't get affected with the 2years I stayed at home then doing odd jobs to survive, 2017 I was chased from my step parents house , Mom is no more and my 4 siblings now see me as mom , i tried my best to make sure they are okay because now they are with step mom and their dad, That same 2017 I called my real Dad n told him I wanna come over to my home town and he told me never to step my foot in my home town in Anambra state due to some certain reasons best know to him, life seem unbearable then I find myself doing things I thought am not gonna do, thinking about how am gonna take care of my siblings n i, I got involved in some crazy stuff, following friends etc, 2018 my gf broke up with me when I told her I really wanna goto school , I was not comfortable with the life I was living, I still keep pushing hoping I can raise money to further my education but all to no avail , 2019 i traveled to Anambra and intend on giving school a try, I sat for jamb , my dad said i should go and study law , i said i can't spend 6years in school anymore bcoz i've wasted lot of years, got 173 in jamb , I felt really disappointed.
I told my Dad I wanna school in anambra state , He said over his dead body will I school in oko polytechnic, Then I returned back to Delta state 2020 I got admission to study business administration in a polytechnic , the little money i saved i used it all on textbooks , I try coping but no way, I go for night class tutorials, Got somebody from HND to teach me more by buying him lunch all the time , I sleep over friends house for night class, I find my self each time I read I do not understand much , thinking of how to cope in school with all the fees , then I felt maybe school is no longer for me , I got really scared how am gonna cope , exam is approaching , I know nothing , No night I won't tears in silent. Then I said maybe I should just find something else to do , because I can't waste more years in school..
During the covid my Dad brother was in town and I went to pay him a visit in Onitsha, Getting there I told him what I was facing in school then he suggested I should go and learn trade because am getting old and hr suggested (motor spare parts), then I felt maybe school was no longer for me maybe I should go and learn something else to take care of my siblings and i,During some time my uncle kicked me from his house saying my father did something to him, Before leaving I approach him and said , even if my father has wronged u, I no nothing about it , why the so much hate , Then he said he won't help any family member.. Then i return back to my home town, uptill now the trade i still haven't start it , getting to my home town my real dad said I should go and learn motor mechanic that they use computer to detect fault in a car at NNEWI b4 I talk about trade or business bcus that's when he will support me.. I have no interest in it, going to learn something I've no interest in is like waste of more time to me , My real Dad gave me two option, SCHOOL OR THE MOTOR MECHANIC, am his only son for the now thou, My real Dad has been on the edge for me to goto school,each time he talked about school the feelings of how my step dad took care of my needs, primary and secondary education arises, I never grew up with him, my mom left him when I was still a baby , I just don't know what to do with my life , I feel like ending it all because nothing seem to be interested in this world, M gonna be 25 soon and nothing to show for...
Till Date I still have interest in politics, but someone told me , you won't get any seat in political office without a degree..

The Trade I've not yet started , Am considering about (pastry/bakery business and the spare spares) which is more preferable, I have this love for business...
Please I need advice. Tears..
Re: Please Matured Mind I Need Advice ... by arnoldexpert(m): 7:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
Wow, quite long though.
Re: Please Matured Mind I Need Advice ... by yemmit90: 7:37pm On Jan 10, 2021
Base on your condition, i will advise you to have at least a skill, Auto mechanic is a very good job if you are at good location. Wielding is another good skill you can learn.
Re: Please Matured Mind I Need Advice ... by chatinent: 7:44pm On Jan 10, 2021
Following..
Re: Please Matured Mind I Need Advice ... by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 10, 2021
Bro, Dis Life No Balance Oooo. I Would Advise, U Learn How To Barb 4rm Any Good & Kind-hearted Barber Around U. Or U Learn Phone Engineering Or Learn Tailoring.
Re: Please Matured Mind I Need Advice ... by Kingosytex(m): 8:11pm On Jan 10, 2021
This is really pathetic.

Op, I will just go straight to the point.

I prefer to go into trade i.e motor spare parts since you said that spending six years in school is gonna be a big deal.

Let me tell you something, in life things don't always take the turns we expect them to take.

Whether Law or Motor spare parts...the central idea is to making money that could help you to live a good and normal life.
Stabilise financially first, you can always study law if you are very obsessed with it...I once met a 55 year old man at EBSU who was studying law via work and study program.
Re: Please Matured Mind I Need Advice ... by Mgbadike80: 3:30am On Jan 11, 2021
car mechanic is a good skill and prepares one to be a good motor spare parts dealer.
Re: Please Matured Mind I Need Advice ... by CrazyMan(m): 10:54am On Jan 25, 2021
You're a young man and still very dependent on your parents and guardians for survival, therefore I'll advise you to humble yourself and pick any of the two options your dad gave to you. The motor mechanic or schooling.

If you're scared of schooling because of the expenses involved and wouldn't want to drop out half way, then go for the motor mechanic. I understand your preferred options are backery and spare parts but if you must know, those businesses require huge capital which you don't have presently. Learning how to fix cars doesn't require any capital. All you need is to learn the work very well and you're good to go.

Once you learn the work properly and become a successful mechanic, you can still enroll in school with your own funds. And you're even in Anambra, unizik does part-time undergraduate programs, you can enroll for any course you wish to study and still get your first degree, help your siblings and father as well.

The choice is yours.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons You Should Make Career In Telecoms / Real Estate Consultants Are Needed Urgently At Ayhomes Investment / Cut Soap For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.