Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Comedy is not a Career for just Anybody - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Comedy is not a Career for just Anybody (559 Views)

Ibadan-Based Comedian, Peteru Comedy, Is Dead / "Stand-Up Comedy Is Dying In Nigeria" - Basket Mouth Cries Out / Nollywood Star Actresses Who Sacrificed Their Career For Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comedy is not a Career for just Anybody by constancefriday(m): 9:41pm On Jan 10, 2021
The level of increase in the quantity of Comedy pages, channels, videos etc is quite alarming.
First i know it's because Folks are faced with the harsh reality of unemployment, government and private plus some religious bureaucratic agencies only reserve jobs for their family or colleagues or Church/Cult members.
Opportunities are unjustly distributed and Folks who're truly qualified and skilled for the game are not given the deserved opportunity.
Honestly speaking, i don't see any reason why you do comedy when it's not your calling.
Comedy is a skill/talent. A naturally funny person doesn't struggle too hard to make People laugh.
This post is for you, if you know comedy is not your calling, stop annoying Folks like us who see real and know fake when we see it.
Go and do something else.
Comedy is not for everybody. Stop being disrespectful or annoying thinking you're funny.
I would have listed some so called comedians whom i think should get out of the comedy scene and leave room for real folks to do real business but i don't have time to mention them.
You know yourself fake/plastic comedians, get out of our tv screens and stop annoying us.
Honestly the Nigerian Comedy industry is now being bombarded with lots of below average and mediocre Folks.
If you really wanna make us laugh.
Be good at it or simply get your annoying or disrespectful videos out of sight!
If you're not funny, you're not funny!
Go and do something else!
Thanks!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Comedy is not a Career for just Anybody by Lenient001: 10:10pm On Jan 10, 2021
And is it must for you to watch 'em. Perhaps, just be selective id'est watch the one you like and leave the one you don't.

After all, they don't borrow money from you to shoot their skit and more so, if you can't help do not badmouth or jeopardize their carrier.

Au revoir sire
Re: Comedy is not a Career for just Anybody by ademchij: 3:15am On Aug 03, 2021
constancefriday:
The level of increase in the quantity of Comedy pages, channels, videos etc is quite alarming.
First i know it's because Folks are faced with the harsh reality of unemployment, government and private plus some religious bureaucratic agencies only reserve jobs for their family or colleagues or Church/Cult members.
Opportunities are unjustly distributed and Folks who're truly qualified and skilled for the game are not given the deserved opportunity.
Honestly speaking, i don't see any reason why you do comedy when it's not your calling.
Comedy is a skill/talent. A naturally funny person doesn't struggle too hard to make People laugh.
This post is for you, if you know comedy is not your calling, stop annoying Folks like us who see real and know fake when we see it.
Comedy is not for everybody. Stop being disrespectful or annoying thinking you're funny.
I would have listed some so called comedians whom i think should get out of the comedy scene and leave room for real folks to do real business but i don't have time to mention them.
You know yourself fake/plastic comedians, get out of our tv screens and stop annoying us.
Honestly the Nigerian Comedy industry is now being bombarded with lots of below average and mediocre Folks.
Thanks!
Re: Comedy is not a Career for just Anybody by stephieok: 1:40am On Sep 27, 2021
constancefriday:
Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

See The 15M Dollar Jeep Regina Daniels Gift Her Mother On Her Birthday / Charles Okocha Vs Etekebe CEO Grand Palace Hotel Owerri / Fried Chicken With Oyibo Pepper By Uriel & Nephew (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.