Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,615 members, 7,820,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) (6491 Views)

THE Solar Wilson Guardian Angels Scholarship Program 2023 Application Now Open. / Do We Live Inside Earth Or On Earth / The World We Live In Is A Funny Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by femi4: 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
DandeNumeruno:

Jupiter is a gas giant, meaning it doesn't have hard surface like earth, is mostly composed of helium and hydrogen. Furthermore, it's exponentially farther from the sun than Earth, putting it's surface temperature in the sub zero category. Contextually, one of it's moon (Europa) is perpetually covered in ice.
The core jupiter is hotter than Earth.

Unlike Earth, whose temperature varies as one moves closer to or farther from the equator, Jupiter's temperature depends more on height above the surface. This is because heat is driven not by the sun but by the interior of the planet.

1 Like

Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by dawnomike(m): 2:56pm On Jan 11, 2021
DandeNumeruno:

Nah.

The Sun is the center of our solar system, making it the innermost core of our system. If you go past the Sun, the next planetary object you'll encounter is Mercury, then Venus, Earth and so on.

Ypu are not a layman
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by DandeNumeruno(m): 2:57pm On Jan 11, 2021
femi4:

Unlike Earth, whose temperature varies as one moves closer to or farther from the equator, Jupiter's temperature depends more on height above the surface. This is because heat is driven not by the sun but by the interior of the planet.

Every planet is hot at the core, including Earth. In fact, Core Jupiter is hotter than the Sun, but we're not talking about the core. Surface Jupiter is -170°c or thereabouts. It's extremely cold.

1 Like

Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by femi4: 2:58pm On Jan 11, 2021
DandeNumeruno:

Every planet is hot at the core, including Earth. In fact, Core Jupiter is hotter than the Sun, but we're not talking about the core. Surface Jupiter is -170°c or thereabouts. It's extremely cold.
Do you understand the context of my submission before you start unprofitable argument
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Goodlyhrt(m): 3:25pm On Jan 11, 2021
What did they use in measuring all these things
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Goodlyhrt(m): 3:26pm On Jan 11, 2021
Since these bodies are million light years ahead how did they get to reach these bodies and record their properties

2 Likes

Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by DiegoMaria(m): 3:30pm On Jan 11, 2021
Goodlyhrt:
Since these bodies are million light years ahead how did they get to reach these bodies and record their properties
By using scientific instruments like Hubble telescope and Kepler's

1 Like

Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Goodlyhrt(m): 3:39pm On Jan 11, 2021
DiegoMaria:
By using scientific instruments like Hubble telescope and Kepler's
these instruments how did they determine the configuration of its('em) apparatuses.

And how are they sure that the results are absolute since they never visited these celestial objects.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Enceladus(m): 3:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
NewDelhi:

You can actually see Antares at night. That star that looks reddish when you look into the night sky. It's Antares.

Sure. I have an app star walk 2 that helps me track cosmic objects.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Dreamliner787(m): 3:52pm On Jan 11, 2021
Kindledlight:
Someone once told me after you’ve passed the sun, You will see God. I don’t know how true is this?

It might be true because nobody can ever survive the intensity of the sun, Even some part of the earth far off is usually very very hot.

You would be the dumbest person on earth if you believe
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by DiegoMaria(m): 3:52pm On Jan 11, 2021
Goodlyhrt:
these instruments how did they determine the configuration of its('em) apparatuses.

And how are they sure that the results are absolute since they never visited these celestial objects.
My brother i suppose Kepler's measures these "Celestial bodies" by the amount of light gotten when orbiting their stars.(talking about other planets in other planetary systems)
Am sure there are other instruments used
Satellites are also used
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by GodWrites: 3:58pm On Jan 11, 2021
Kindledlight:
Someone once told me after you’ve passed the sun, You will see God. I don’t know how true is this?

It might be true because nobody can ever survive the intensity of the sun, Even some part of the earth far off is usually very very hot.

See evidence of ASUU strike.

Even a kid in grade 1 will laugh at this comment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Enceladus(m): 4:00pm On Jan 11, 2021
Goodlyhrt:

Light. The normal light we see and the infrared we can't see is filled with secrets that is not obvious but can be decoded by the scientist. The parallax effect can tell us about distance, spectroscopy the study of wavelengths tell us secret about it's chemical composition like whether their is water or methane e.t.c.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by GodWrites: 4:02pm On Jan 11, 2021
BaEnki:

HIS mightiness defies all known logics and explanations. He’s simply indecipherable. The God my Lord created all things, above and beyond the sea. Praise be unto HIS name.

If he's indecipherable and supersedes all explanation, how were you able to know him?

3 Likes

Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by michlins(m): 5:05pm On Jan 11, 2021
Kindledlight:

the earth core is as hot as the sun. And compared to other stars in our galaxy,our sun is insignificant in terms of size, temperature and anything else you can imagine

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Abudu2000(m): 5:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
femi4:

wow u are damn intelligent. The last sentence is correct and thats why the higher u ho the cooler it becomes
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Abudu2000(m): 5:13pm On Jan 11, 2021
Goodlyhrt:
What did they use in measuring all these things
half life!!
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Hamzasaid(m): 5:23pm On Jan 11, 2021
BiG BANG THEORY
some scientist will be saying they all come into existence through the bigbang theory
I wonder with what some scientist use in reasoning undecided undecided
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by mattmogan88: 5:34pm On Jan 11, 2021
femi4:
Jupiter doesn't support life. No oxygen there and it's extremely hot
I know, angry
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Judybash93(m): 5:37pm On Jan 11, 2021
BaEnki:

HIS mightiness defies all known logics and explanations. He’s simply indecipherable. The God my Lord created all things, above and beyond the sea. Praise be unto HIS name.

Then, how did you know?
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Judybash93(m): 5:39pm On Jan 11, 2021
michlins:
the earth core is as hot as the sun. And compared to other stars in our galaxy,our sun is insignificant in terms of size, temperature and anything else you can imagine

The earth's core is as hot as which l part of the sun? The core? The Corona or?
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by TheAviator: 5:42pm On Jan 11, 2021
Kindledlight:

The problem is now how to pass the sun
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by TheAviator: 5:45pm On Jan 11, 2021
BigDawsNet:
I wonder if scientist will be able to explore the sun someday
It won't happen
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 11, 2021
TheAviator:
The higher you go, the more you realise how small you are

Yep!

That's the 'Third rock from the sun' looking more like the third pebble from the sun.

Lol

1 Like

Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 11, 2021
TheAviator:

It won't happen

Perfect answer...
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 11, 2021
Kindledlight:

Who told you that? smiley
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 11, 2021
Dreamliner787:

You would be the dumbest person on earth if you believe

Damn!

Mean! grin
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Kindledlight(m): 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2021
TheAviator:

The problem is now how to pass the sun

That is exactly the person’s position
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by reccy(m): 6:22pm On Jan 11, 2021
Sometimes, i wonder where God is located here now.....
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by BaEnki(m): 6:23pm On Jan 11, 2021
Judybash93:

Then, how did you know?

Revelation 4:11

Thou art worthy, O Lord, for thou hast created ALL THINGS, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Now coming from the mouth of Apostle Paul in Romans 11:36

For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever, Amen

What I simply meant by my first input is that, the greatness of God is beyond anyone’s comprehension, you can’t describe how great he is, the way you describe the solar systems, the greatest stars, the galaxies, and even the universe(s). For they are still explainable by us.

Matthew 11:25

At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.

cc: Godwrites
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Liposure: 6:26pm On Jan 11, 2021
femi4:
Jupiter doesn't support life. No oxygen there and it's extremely hot
that's not even the point. It has no ground surface; everywhere is filled with hydrogen
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by michlins(m): 7:02pm On Jan 11, 2021
Judybash93:

The earth's core is as hot as which l part of the sun? The core? The Corona or?
I'm glad I thought you something unbelievable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTOS: 2015’s Hottest Students In Afe Babalola University #ABUAD / Check Out This Breath Taking Pic Of GSU, Most Beautiful University In Nigeria / Futminna Post Utme/de Date Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.