Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) (6505 Views)

THE Solar Wilson Guardian Angels Scholarship Program 2023 Application Now Open. / Do We Live Inside Earth Or On Earth / The World We Live In Is A Funny Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Enceladus(m): 5:35am On Jan 12, 2021
brandsoncharlie:

Those pictures you see doesn't reveal the real view of these planets in real life, if you have seen NASA orbiting satellite videos the difference in size are negligible compared to the images of these planet you see on pictures, because those are from telescope taken from earth.
In contrast it does not change the difference in the true size.
Earth has a wretched sound by the way. grin

These images are not really taken but artist depiction based on data gathered by the telescope. The difference in size aren't negligible. About the NASA orbiting satellite videos, I have seen tonne's of those and the reason the planets appear to be of the same size is due to the orbit of the satellite around the celestial body.
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Judybash93(m): 5:39am On Jan 12, 2021
michlins:
hmmmm. There's no way all these things will be existing just because of us. Can you live alone in Nigeria?

That's how scary it is for us to be alone in this universe

If we're not alone and any civilisation outside the realms of our observation finds us, it means they must have a crazy level of technological superiority and that might not be too good for us because a quick look at relations amongst various civilisations on earth has showed us that when a technologically superior civilization meets another with less superior technology, the superior one tends to consume the other. That might not be the case as this is just an assumption.
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by 1Sharon(f): 6:16am On Jan 12, 2021
TheAviator:
The higher you go, the more you realise how small you are

And where is Jebus?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by 1Sharon(f): 6:16am On Jan 12, 2021
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by zoedew: 6:38am On Jan 12, 2021
Truly, it is the foolish who says in his heart that God is not! Amazing!
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Venerable612(m): 7:06am On Jan 12, 2021
Judybash93:

Please sir, I'll like to know how you came to the conclusion that the Bible was actually written by men inspired by a god? I'm not saying they weren't, i just want to know how you came to this conclusion because who knows, a person could have written a story and claim that his words are inspired by a god without actually providing any evidence. So, please how did you arrive at this conclusion?

By Faith bro.

No one can believe those things, except by Faith.

It is Faith that gives strength to the Christian belief in God and the holy bible.
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by GodWrites: 7:22am On Jan 12, 2021
BaEnki:

shocked

I thought I was having a chat with an adult, or at least a sensible being at that.

You wrote an epistle and never for once did you engage your reasoning faculty.

I don't converse with a Bible bot. If I feel like reading Bible verses, I have an app for it.

For now, I'm waiting till you become a human and not a Bible bot, until then, I can't condescend by chatting with you.

For now, ciao

1 Like

Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by michlins(m): 7:35am On Jan 12, 2021
Judybash93:

If we're not alone and any civilisation outside the realms of our observation finds us, it means they must have a crazy level of technological superiority and that might not be too good for us because a quick look at relations amongst various civilisations on earth has showed us that when a technologically superior civilization meets another with less superior technology, the superior one tends to consume the other. That might not be the case as this is just an assumption.
lols. We just discovered air flight. We're yet to harness the speed of light. I don't think we're the most civilized. And yes, Africa was exploited so shall the superior civilization exploit the less fortunate civilization
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 12, 2021
The5DME:
God does not exist.
I didn't know you are an atheist.
Do you believe in spirits?
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by The5DME(m): 8:32am On Jan 12, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I didn't know you are an atheist.
Do you believe in spirits?

Maybe. I'm not an atheist, I just don't believe or rather; refuse to believe.
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by The5DME(m): 8:33am On Jan 12, 2021
Venerable612:

By Faith bro.

It is Faith that gives strength to the Christian belief in God and the holy bible.
Do you know how stupid you sound right now?
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by The5DME(m): 8:34am On Jan 12, 2021
michlins:
lols. [s]We just discovered air flight. We're yet to harness the speed of light.[/s] I don't think we're the most civilized. And yes, Africa was exploited so shall the superior civilization exploit the less fortunate civilization
This sound so ignorant. I suggest you take a break off of religion and read some science books.
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Fidelismaria: 8:58am On Jan 12, 2021
brandsoncharlie:

Exactly, the difference in size are not as big as you think compared to what you see on those pictures or drawings.
This reminds on the text on your car mirror. Objects seen in the mirror maybe closer than they appear. We look at this stuff throw reflections in a giant mirror that tells us nothing how big they actually are.
I will try to find a video from NASA I watched on planets true sizes and the sound type of these planet from space.
You will really appreciate what am talking about.

Okay. Will search for those videos on YouTube.
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 12, 2021
The5DME:

Ok.
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by BigDawsNet: 9:15am On Jan 12, 2021
Fidelismaria:

Humans would probably be extinct by then.

You must have been in the future
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 12, 2021
The5DME:

Ok.
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by michlins(m): 9:20am On Jan 12, 2021
The5DME:
This sound so ignorant. I suggest you take a break off of religion and read some science books.
airplane was discovered less than a century ago. We're yet to fully travel at speed of sound. No manned flight can travel at the speed of light cause it will tear us apart. Bring your proof if you think otherwise
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Judybash93(m): 9:25am On Jan 12, 2021
Venerable612:

By Faith bro.

Okay sir, faith.
My opinion on faith is that it is what we use to believe something when we don't have enough evidence. Does that mean there isn't enough evidence to believe in the Bible except by using faith?

Moreover, faith is what other religious groups use in determining their believes in their various deities. So, how can we use that tool called 'faith' to arrive at the truth if that's what everybody uses but arrives at different conclusions.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Fidelismaria: 10:29am On Jan 12, 2021
BigDawsNet:

You must have been in the future

Would you believe me if I said I have?
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by kingikey01(m): 10:30am On Jan 12, 2021
desdichando247:

dig1ts bro

+234 809 803 9015. Angela be her name. When you won enter ajah?
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by BaEnki(m): 10:41am On Jan 12, 2021
Judybash93:

Please sir, I'll like to know how you came to the conclusion that the Bible was actually written by men inspired by a god? I'm not saying they weren't, i just want to know how you came to this conclusion because who knows, a person could have written a story and claim that his words are inspired by a god without actually providing any evidence. So, please how did you arrive at this conclusion?

Hello!

I’d like to be addressed as Baenki, or just brother.

To your question, the Bible is a summary of what has happened, what is happening, and what will happen. It is the most accurate book ever written, even as great as Nostradamus was, he wouldn’t be able to write such book as his prime.

There are evidences here and there that proves the authenticity of bible again and again. But the greatest evidence is our soul which is directly linked to the Almighty God. Having been convicted in him, by surrendering your soul to him, you’d be amazed at how he interacts with you.
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Venerable612(m): 11:02am On Jan 12, 2021
The5DME:
Do you know how stupid you sound right now?

I don't. Kindly enlighten me on how stupid I sound.

And are you normally this rude when you talk with strangers? The world is a very small place you know.
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by BigDawsNet: 11:11am On Jan 12, 2021
Fidelismaria:

Would you believe me if I said I have?

Yes, of course...

With science anything is possible
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Venerable612(m): 11:25am On Jan 12, 2021
Judybash93:

Okay sir, faith.
My opinion on faith is that it is what we use to believe something when we don't have enough evidence. Does that mean there isn't enough evidence to believe in the Bible except by using faith?

Moreover, faith is what other religious groups use in determining their believes in their various deities. So, how can we use that tool called 'faith' to arrive at the truth if that's what everybody uses but arrives at different conclusions.
Thanks in anticipation.

You are largely correct bro. I absolutely agree with you that faith is the substance of each religion - and it would be wrong to measure the veracity of one religious belief over the other based solely on faith.

However, there is a logical flaw with the argument that faith means lack of evidence. In fact, if we go by way of semantics, it is really impossible to have faith without evidence.

The only reason people have faith is because they believe some people, either in the past or presently, have benefited from their faith in that deity- which essentially forms the corpus of evidence, either written down or passed orally, that religious people hold on to.

E g as Christians, It is essentially the evidence of the things we have heard, touched and felt of the Word of God that builds the Christian faith. God has established many of these things through answered prayers, by miracles and testimonies which some of us have been privileged to experience. Thus, faith does not mean a lack of evidence.

The flaw in your argument is to think that something incorporeal such as Faith cannot validly bring about physical evidence. That is wrong. And of course, this doesn't apply only to Christianity. I have seen native doctors heal someone of bad diseases without person visiting an hospital.

Essentially what I mean is that there is an alternate world. Not everything is explicable by science and technology. And the bible is one of those sources we can look to for explanations on how the world is the way it is. Whether we choose to believe in it's content as inspired by God is itself a matter of faith.
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by The5DME(m): 11:37am On Jan 12, 2021
Venerable612:

I don't. Kindly enlighten me on how stupid I sound.

And are you normally this rude when you talk with strangers? The world is a very small place you know.
Please gtf off my mention.
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Petyr1: 2:33pm On Jan 12, 2021
DandeNumeruno:

Nah.

The Sun is the center of our solar system, making it the innermost core of our system. If you go past the Sun, the next planetary object you'll encounter is Mercury, then Venus, Earth and so on.

I'm not talking about solar system. I said beyond the solar system. That is what that guy is asking
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Judybash93(m): 3:23pm On Jan 12, 2021
michlins:
lols. We just discovered air flight. We're yet to harness the speed of light. I don't think we're the most civilized. And yes, Africa was exploited so shall the superior civilization exploit the less fortunate civilization
Yeah, air flight is still young. It's not even up to 200 years yet. Do you think we'll be able to achieve the speed of light during our lifetime?
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Judybash93(m): 4:02pm On Jan 12, 2021
Venerable612:

You are largely correct bro. I absolutely agree with you that faith is the substance of each religion - and it would be wrong to measure the veracity of one religious belief over the other based solely on faith.

However, there is a logical flaw with the argument that faith means lack of evidence. In fact, if we go by way of semantics, it is really impossible to have faith without evidence.

The only reason people have faith is because they believe some people, either in the past or presently, have benefited from their faith in that deity- which essentially forms the corpus of evidence, either written down or passed orally, that religious people hold on to.

E g as Christians, It is essentially the evidence of the things we have heard, touched and felt of the Word of God that builds the Christian faith. God has established many of these things through answered prayers, by miracles and testimonies which some of us have been privileged to experience. Thus, faith does not mean a lack of evidence.

The flaw in your argument is to think that something incorporeal such as Faith cannot validly bring about physical evidence. That is wrong. And of course, this doesn't apply only to Christianity. I have seen native doctors heal someone of bad diseases without person visiting an hospital.

Essentially what I mean is that there is an alternate world. Not everything is explicable by science and technology. And the bible is one of those sources we can look to for explanations on how the world is the way it is. Whether we choose to believe in it's content as inspired by God is itself a matter of faith.

Thanks for the answer but i didn't say that faith is belief in something without evidence. I said faith is belief "without enough evidence". I know that people can believe in something based on personal experience or experience of others such as what you said and that can serve as evidence up to a point but is it enough?

Also, you stated that "The only reason people have faith is because they believe some people, either in the past or presently, have benefited from their faith in that deity- which essentially forms the corpus of evidence, either written down or passed orally, that religious people hold on to."
In terms of the written version, do we have access to the real copies of the original, if oral, is there a possibility that original message must have been altered considering time and space as we've observed in the game called 'telephone'? Moreover, they have benefited from the deity in what way? Can we rule out natural causality in terms of the so called benefits?
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by michlins(m): 4:46pm On Jan 12, 2021
Judybash93:

Yeah, air flight is still young. It's not even up to 200 years yet. Do you think we'll be able to achieve the speed of light during our lifetime?
well even if we figure out the speed of light travel, it's not enough to take us away from this galaxy. It will take light years to do that. 200,000 light years to get around the milky way galaxy. I don't know why I can't take screenshots with my phone now. I would love to back up my claims with sources
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Judybash93(m): 5:02pm On Jan 12, 2021
michlins:
well even if we figure out the speed of light travel, it's not enough to take us away from this galaxy. It will take light years to do that. 200,000 light years to get around the milky way galaxy. I don't know why I can't take screenshots with my phone now. I would love to back up my claims with sources
Worry not, I've been into astronomy for quite a while and i know what you mean as well as the gargantuan size of the universe which is still expanding. Even our closet star, the sun, is about 91.4 million miles away from us and it still takes almost 9 minutes before the light gets to us not to talk of a star that's a light year away or a 200 light years away. It's just amazing at what science has opened our minds to..
Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by michlins(m): 6:24pm On Jan 12, 2021
Judybash93:

Worry not, I've been into astronomy for quite a while and i know what you mean as well as the gargantuan size of the universe which is still expanding. Even our closet star, the sun, is about 91.4 million miles away from us and it still takes almost 9 minutes before the light gets to us not to talk of a star that's a light year away or a 200 light years away. It's just amazing at what science has opened our minds to..
one thing about astronomy is that you can't learn about it and still believe the story of creation

1 Like

Re: This Is Where We Live In The Solar System (photo) by Venerable612(m): 7:38pm On Jan 12, 2021
The5DME:
Please gtf off my mention.

You shouldn't mention me in the first place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Converted His Hostel Room Into A Mini-mart / What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? / Requirements For Setting-up A Private University In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.