Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount (31534 Views)

CBN Directs Banks To Suspend Charges On Deposits Till September / Court Shuts Osun Polaris Bank Branches As Customers Lament / CBN Orders Banks To Spy On 19 Persons (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by armadeo(m): 10:46am On Jan 11, 2021
justosee:

must we all be entrepreneurs? I am not sure you will type this if the news will affect your job.

The economy is in ruin and it will affect every sector. even entrepreneurs will be affected with time

Even himself no be entrepreneur

2 Likes

Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by COMPAQ(m): 10:46am On Jan 11, 2021
dre11:

https://www.independent.ng/banks-to-rationalise-staff-branches-as-costs-mount/

Mounting costs!!? Yet Zenith Bank and co keep declaring higher and higher profits every year?

3 Likes

Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by Obagreatdatoye(m): 10:46am On Jan 11, 2021
Nothing go happen

1 Like

Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by simigold: 10:47am On Jan 11, 2021
If you work in an organization and you are allowed to go on annual leave without the leave being interrupted at any point, then know that you are not so relevant to the upkeep of the organization, they are only pretending to pay you while you are only pretending to work for them, your days are numbered.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by gambia(m): 10:47am On Jan 11, 2021
Its much expected.
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by Gt321(m): 10:49am On Jan 11, 2021
dre11:

https://www.independent.ng/banks-to-rationalise-staff-branches-as-costs-mount/

Anyone of them who doesn't eat with all the fingers must start thinking over the board.
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by ruffhandu: 10:49am On Jan 11, 2021
osamz007:
DOUBLE WAHALA FOR PEOPLE WEY THEIR WHOLE DEPENDENCE BE ON FCMB BANK
I tell you. The bank is just using the employees for money rituals. Keeping their staff for more than 10 years without promotion. The worst bank to work in Nigeria is fcmb, correct me if I'm wrong.
I pity the staff who don't have hope of leaving.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by omowolewa: 10:50am On Jan 11, 2021
Which cost
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 11, 2021
Banking jobs are the most unstable in Nigeria today yet bankers hang their shoulders anyhow. If I am a woman, I will rather marry a government school teacher than a banker.

4 Likes

Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:52am On Jan 11, 2021
This present CBN will go down in history as the worst the country has ever seen enabled by a nepotistic president
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by chandini435: 10:52am On Jan 11, 2021
Wahala for banker wey no thief better money for bank , travell out with him family before dem downsize am
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by handsomeyinka(m): 10:55am On Jan 11, 2021
Wahala for who get atm.
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:55am On Jan 11, 2021
simigold:
If you work in an organization and you are allowed to go on annual leave without the leave being interrupted at any point, then know that you are not so relevant to the upkeep of the organization, they are only pretending to pay you while you are only pretending to work for them, your days are numbered.
Hmmm. So what's your solution?
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by jolyment: 10:56am On Jan 11, 2021
IceColdVeins:

Bro I have a house urgently for sale. No agents involved!

Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:00am On Jan 11, 2021
post=97943124:

Wise Words from the elders :

1. A lizard in Nigeria cannot be an Alligator in America!

2. Success comes from above, not from abroad!

Goodluck on your journey btw......
So many lizards in Nigeria have turned alligator in America. One just became a congressman. So your elders are wrong. Besides, it's better to be a lizard in America than one in Nigeria.
Success is an English word from abroad anyway. The keypad you used to type success also comes from abroad. There's a lot more success abroad I can assure you. Ask obalende suya

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by yusluvad(m): 11:00am On Jan 11, 2021
justosee:

must we all be entrepreneurs? I am not sure you will type this if the news will affect your job.

The economy is in ruin and it will affect every sector. even entrepreneurs will be affected with time
Sure! But what can I say ?
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by kayuseful: 11:04am On Jan 11, 2021
simigold:

Not true.
A good company is built around structures, not people. If your company cannot do without you, they've failed to set standard management system and will crash sooner or later

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by bigiyaro(m): 11:04am On Jan 11, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Ok.. This info is for the lazy Nigerian youth who depend on others to survive!

Meanwhile, the moderators on this Forum should tread carefully to avoid ethnic violence. The witchhunting of Arrewa should stop! All your biases against the Northerners on this Forum are as clear as daylight! You ignore those attacking Northerners and our leaders, whereas, you ban the few brave Northerners defending us.. We are observing everything! You a complete retard.

Soon, we'll reply everything!

@Seun, please do something URGENTLY about this. Otherwise, we'll assume it's a calculated effort to provoke the Northerners and our leaders. The attack on the North is extreme here. Yet the moderators ignore the instigators. But once a Northerner replies, he's banned almost instantly. We are watching!

I have spoken my mind!

@Arrewa, please continue the good work. We Northerners are strongly behind you!

God bless Nigeria!
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by SocialJustice: 11:04am On Jan 11, 2021
simigold:
Please stop spewing trash.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by VEXT: 11:20am On Jan 11, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Ok.. This info is for the lazy Nigerian youth who depend on others to survive!

Meanwhile, the moderators on this Forum should tread carefully to avoid ethnic violence. The witchhunting of Arrewa should stop! All your biases against the Northerners on this Forum are as clear as daylight! You ignore those attacking Northerners and our leaders, whereas, you ban the few brave Northerners defending us.. We are observing everything!

Soon, we'll reply everything!

@Seun, please do something URGENTLY about this. Otherwise, we'll assume it's a calculated effort to provoke the Northerners and our leaders. The attack on the North is extreme here. Yet the moderators ignore the instigators. But once a Northerner replies, he's banned almost instantly. We are watching!

I have spoken my mind!

@Arrewa, please continue the good work. We Northerners are strongly behind you!

God bless Nigeria!

We go soon ban you ...Be careful!!!

1 Like

Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by 400billionman: 11:20am On Jan 11, 2021
Government should open Food BANK.

Bank is bank.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by Omezif(m): 11:22am On Jan 11, 2021
That's why it's not good to put all eggs in one basket.
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 11, 2021
VEXT:

We go soon ban you ...Be careful!!!

My brother, what's the benefit of being a member?

2 Likes

Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by 400billionman: 11:26am On Jan 11, 2021
GamalNasser:
I predicted early last year when I saw all banks where making a deliberate effort to ginger the agency banking , once again I am right

They sacked last year, they sacked quietly.

I know over 5 people who lost from one branch.

When CBN stepped in was just to reduce further sack. And manage the news.

3 Likes

Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by mywells: 11:26am On Jan 11, 2021
Uber,bolt,indrive are there to employe them.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by 400billionman: 11:29am On Jan 11, 2021
justosee:

Lol. Don't listen to him. Entrepreneurs are selling off their cars.
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by angelfallz(m): 11:29am On Jan 11, 2021
This goes to men.
Please even if you have an 8 to 5 job, please have something doing on the side that can sustain you. You can be an 8 to 5 worker on weekdays, a tailor on weekends, a barber on weekends, an uber driver on weekends, a baker on weekends, a seller of male and female wears on weekends etc. You can even go into network marketing not only weekends but on weekdays as well, you can get people from your place of work.

The reason most women don't get affected with job losses is because we have more women in Nigeria that have their own businesses like weave and wig making, selling wigs and weaves on instagram, doing make up and tying gele, cooking and baking etc.

3 Likes

Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by simigold: 11:34am On Jan 11, 2021
SocialJustice:
Please stop spewing trash.

Keep consoling yourself
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by Ihatemumu: 11:35am On Jan 11, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

So many lizards in Nigeria have turned alligator in America. One just became a congressman. So your elders are wrong. Besides, it's better to be a lizard in America than one in Nigeria.
Success is an English word from abroad anyway. The keypad you used to type success also comes from abroad. There's a lot more success abroad I can assure you. Ask obalende suya
Ignore the fool, he collects 10k from APC to post nonsense
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by Emaxwell(m): 11:36am On Jan 11, 2021
post=97943124:

Wise Words from the elders :

1. A lizard in Nigeria cannot be an Alligator in America!

2. Success comes from above, not from abroad!

Goodluck on your journey btw......

Okay, Happy Lizardry Agbori.
Safe trip and Bye!

Coming from someone who has not left the boarders of Nigeria

I know people that have left this country legitimately and are doing fine and dont even wish to branch this country

All the best for you Sha fix Nigeria for us
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by 400billionman: 11:38am On Jan 11, 2021
ruffhandu:

I tell you. The bank is just using the employees for money rituals. Keeping their staff for more than 10 years without promotion. The worst bank to work in Nigeria is fcmb, correct me if I'm wrong.
I pity the staff who don't have hope of leaving.

How do you want to be promoted ? Bankers are receiving armed robber salary. Let me keep it that way. Why I said this is, in comparison with the comatose state of the Nigerian economy, bankers are over handsomely paid.

You want to be promoted from N250k to N380k, who will pay you that one, when the economy is not growing ? When you are tired of the job, you resign. Staff keep hanging on to the job, many years after being tired of the job, and you want to be placated by a pay rise.

My suggestion is that banks should rotate their staff, if they will understand that deeply.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

History Of Nigerian Naira, Symbol, Sign And Worth. / Is Uber/taxify Still Booming Like Before? I Need Advice. / Farmers To Crash Price Of Rice To N6,000 Per Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.