Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,191 members, 7,953,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:10 PM

Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount (31721 Views)

Court Shuts Osun Polaris Bank Branches As Customers Lament / Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States / CBN Orders Banks To Spy On 19 Persons (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by Nweike190(m): 3:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
[

You guys are still making billions why all this bull....Bleep.

quote author=dre11 post=97937874]

https://www.independent.ng/banks-to-rationalise-staff-branches-as-costs-mount/[/quote]
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by adetayoonas(m): 3:51pm On Jan 11, 2021
Bank is d largest employer of labour in Nigeria.
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by SSpeter(m): 3:52pm On Jan 11, 2021
simigold:

Still beating about the bush. Get into reality. Whether standard or fluctuating management system, if you are not valuable to the system, your days are numbered. Did you read from the article where the banks realized that the system of workers working from home has actually exposed the fact that work can still go on normally with few staff on ground?

In reality there are core staff that are very critical to the growth of an organization, others are support staff. Take it or leave it.
the truth is you have never worked in a structured corporate environment before, so you will never understand how it works.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by Mosfemi: 3:55pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hire talented Nigerian freelancers on https://wecruite.com
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by FFF241: 4:52pm On Jan 11, 2021
Business decisions and Corporate social responsibilities are two very distinct things
Freddd009:

Don't mind them. Access bank could give govt 2 billion for Covid parlative n yet couldn't help their staff but can restructure n sack some staff. Misplaced priorities
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by simigold: 4:55pm On Jan 11, 2021
SSpeter:
the truth is you have never worked in a structured corporate environment before, so you will never understand how it works.

I laugh. 18yrs in corporate world up to managerial level no be joke o. Don't just go there.
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by phazotron(m): 5:32pm On Jan 11, 2021
MansoryMX:
One of the many reasons I never worked in a bank despite so many opportunities to work in banks these past years. Self employment, Street, hustling deals daily from middle man sales of cars, real estate to anything at all is just the best way to live in this country and not die of frustration. Then if e sure for your side run away from this country! God forbid nonsense!

I tell you. Banking job now na war except you be
manager and above. Me I japa last year. Na hustling for computer village we dey run now

I make more now than my salary then.
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by phazotron(m): 5:34pm On Jan 11, 2021
Fibonacci88:

How many cars u don sell since last yr abi na everybody dey do real estate. The economy go affect everybody even street hustlers dey feel am badly. I have a job and a company I run as side hustle. For like 4 months I have been surviving my company from my monthly salary if not I would have been out of business by now. All of you shouting entrepreneur don't even know dat d lifespan of the average sme in Nigeria is two yrs.if u survive two yrs u are on d path to success.

We know it's not easy, but but for many like me, it was the right decision. Hustle different too. What is good for the goose may not be good for the gander.
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by phazotron(m): 5:36pm On Jan 11, 2021
COMPAQ:

Mounting costs!!? Yet Zenith Bank and co keep declaring higher and higher profits every year?

D tin tire boys......

Instead of them to cut down on ridiculous bonuses and allowances and crazy cars they give as official cars na jobs of people Wey dey work like mad dem dey cut
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by phazotron(m): 5:37pm On Jan 11, 2021
ruffhandu:

I tell you. The bank is just using the employees for money rituals. Keeping their staff for more than 10 years without promotion. The worst bank to work in Nigeria is fcmb, correct me if I'm wrong.
I pity the staff who don't have hope of leaving.

You're right. The marketing na hell
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by IceColdVeins(m): 6:48pm On Jan 11, 2021
jolyment:

Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by SSpeter(m): 7:53pm On Jan 11, 2021
simigold:

I laugh. 18yrs in corporate world up to managerial level no be joke o. Don't just go there.
you are lying...see if you worked in corporate environment you will know that before you proceed on leave, there is a handover process. Your reliever signs that he/she clearly understands your job role. Intact if you have pending items, you both go through it together. Sometimes a handover process can take over 2weeks. So if I travel to Dubai during my annual leave you will call me back? Then HR will have to repay my leave allowance or i will have to reclaim my expense and extend my leave period. No structured organization calls you back from leave biko.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by MansoryMX(m): 11:32pm On Jan 11, 2021
IceColdVeins:

Bro I have a house urgently for sale. No agents involved!

Location plz. Just seeing your message!
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by IceColdVeins(m): 9:48am On Jan 12, 2021
MansoryMX:

Location plz. Just seeing your message!
Ojo, Lagos
Re: Banks To Rationalise Staff, Branches As Costs Mount by MansoryMX(m): 3:00pm On Jan 12, 2021
IceColdVeins:
Ojo, Lagos

Ohhh am in Delta and only deals within delta.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Farmers To Crash Price Of Rice To N6,000 Per Bag / Ecobank ATM Paid Me Counterfeit / Ikenna Ordor: The Nigerian Building UK's Biggest Supercar Rental Company (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.