Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

One-sided Love In Marriage/relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / One-sided Love In Marriage/relationship (2560 Views)

Why Do Some Girls Chat One Sided Self " The Kk'' "Ok" / Our Pastor Sided Him For "Punishing Me After Marriage" / One-sided Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One-sided Love In Marriage/relationship by shadows1: 1:01pm On Mar 31, 2011
In recent times, av seen pple rush into marriage either cos of pressure/age/just wanting to attain that status or other personal reasons. Their priorities are not properly defined, they end up settling for wat they dnt really desire/want. Some are so confused, they dont even know hw they end up with their spouses.
Listening to some pple's experience, they recount hw they were advised that being patient/tolerant is a good virtue evryone especially a woman must hv to make a good wife. Such advice make them take so much, till they get married and at some point, just cant take it anymore.

This is becoming a growing trend in most marriages, where a spouse is merely enduring or tolerating the other, and one is unfortunately busy loving the other. I know a particular couple where the husband is really trying so hard to make the wife hapi at least in his own way (not without the wife noticing though), but it has become so bad that to the wife, even the 'kindest' gesture from the husband is annoying/unacceptable or just goes unappreciated.

In your opinion, wat do u think is responsible for one-sided love, and also suggest ways to avoid landing in such situation and/or ways to manage such marriage.
Re: One-sided Love In Marriage/relationship by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 31, 2011
You already stated the reason why most go into these marriage: peer/family pressure, body clock, status, social pressure AND that silly belief that being married means being happy. How often do you hear people say such things as:" she is so lucky, she is getting married"?!
Without even knowing the person!!!

Religion also has a lot to do with the problem, especially when you have jobless pastors who will tell someone that their spouse is not right due to some "vision" nonsense and then hook her/him up with some family friend's child who made a nice donation to his church.

Love is non-existant or simply not needed for most therefore how do you expect 2people that don't love one another to last happily ever after?!

There was a thread a few days ago about "what is needed to have a successful marriage" and LOVE was rarely stated. People should get their priorities straight. If there is no love and affection for their partner (to begin with) then there shouldn't be any talk of marriage.
Re: One-sided Love In Marriage/relationship by iv4real(f): 3:18pm On Mar 31, 2011
I agree with u MRBROWNJAY, people get married for all d wrong reasons. D purpose of courting is to find out about d person.Love is not enough to keep a marrriage, but compromise , patience, respect. Most times when i hear my married friends complain i wonder, so i usually ask them was he like dis when u guys were dating or what were you people discussing when u were dating .I found out dat dey spend dia time during courtship concentrating only on what d man will buy for them and forget evryoda aspect, den u now try 2 correct something u tolerated in courtship. Dats y people have problems most of the time because they expect their spouse to change. Then our religious leaders are not helping matters, this seeing vision of a thing, i wonder y an adult cannot decide for him or herself on marriage that u will need a pastor 2 decide for u.
Re: One-sided Love In Marriage/relationship by MrsChima(f): 3:20pm On Mar 31, 2011
There are people who are not religious nor spiritual getting married or are married.

Marriage in itself is not the problem it is the people in the marriage that is the problem.
Re: One-sided Love In Marriage/relationship by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 31, 2011
^^oh yeah, I had forgotten about marriage for convenience. He got money, I am desperate for some so we would be perfect!

Also, people fail to understand that if/when that special person is in front of you, you would know it deep inside your guts and wouldn't need the approval of anybody. . . . . Let alone, some he-goat in a robe looking for financial gain.
Re: One-sided Love In Marriage/relationship by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 31, 2011
^^ that was meant for ivy.
Re: One-sided Love In Marriage/relationship by MrsChima(f): 3:29pm On Mar 31, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^ that was meant for ivy.

Yeah right! Pull them dukes up! We gon fight! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: One-sided Love In Marriage/relationship by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 31, 2011
Yeah we haven't had a "discussion" in a while, lol, Put em up!
Re: One-sided Love In Marriage/relationship by MsPotato(f): 3:38pm On Mar 31, 2011
long sighhhhhhhh , . . . . .
Re: One-sided Love In Marriage/relationship by shadows1: 5:22pm On Mar 31, 2011
really long sighhhhhhhh, i think a lot of young adults of 'marriageable' age need to set our priorities right, hv a mind of our own, stand firm on those set priorities not givin in to pressure, hv self esteem (n some kinda pride - for those dating for money/material things), look only unto God,
Re: One-sided Love In Marriage/relationship by sohiemi(m): 5:28pm On Mar 31, 2011
Re: One-sided Love In Marriage/relationship by iice(f): 3:31am On Apr 01, 2011
Drones

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some Women Date Or Marry African Men? / She Wants Me To Marry Her But I Think I Am Not Ready Yet. / Marriage Is Not Based On Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.