Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

#EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch (14317 Views)

Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead / #endsars: Lagos Demolishes Community Whose Residents Saw Lekki Tollgate Shooting / Aisha Buhari Speaks On Arrest Of Her ADC, Sani Baban-Inna Over N2.5Billion Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

#EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by iwaeda: 10:18am On Jan 11, 2021
#EndSARS: N2.5bn lost to 95-day Lekki tollgate closure

The Lagos State Government has lost at least N2.5bn in projected revenue due to the closure of the Lekki toll plaza and the Ikoyi Link Bridge toll plaza in the last 95 days, The PUNCH has learnt.

The figure was obtained from the daily and monthly targets set for the tollgates by the Lagos State Government, which owns the tollgates but is being managed by the Lekki Concession Company.

The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge is expected to generate about N10m daily, while the Lekki toll plaza is not expected to generate less than N16.6m a day.

This implies that the Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge has lost N950m, while the Lekki toll plaza has lost N1.5bn.

This newspaper reported on October 19, 2020 that N234m was lost during the closure of the tollgates in the first nine days of the #EndSARS protest against police brutality.

Following the violent turn the protest took after it was hijacked by hoodlums, the tollgates had remained open.

The Judicial Panel of Inquiry and Restitution set up by the Lagos State Government to investigate cases of brutality and human rights violations committed by operatives of the dissolved Special Anti-Robbery Squad ordered that the tollgates should not operate until hearings were concluded.

The Managing Director, LCC, Mr Abayomi Omomuwa, told the panel that he could not say how much the toll gates had lost.

The counsel for the Lagos State Government at the panel, Olukayode Enitan, made an application for the reopening of the Lekki Toll plaza for repairs and insurance.

However, Justice Doris Okuwobi (retd.), who heads the panel, adjourned the matter till January 29 for further consideration of the application of the LCC.

A Lagos State commissioner, however, told our correspondent that the Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge was expected to generate about N10m daily, while the tollgate along the Lekki-Epe Expressway was expected to generate about N16.6m daily.

According to the commissioner, the Ikoyi Link Bridge generates about N300m per month, while the tollgate along the Lekki-Epe Expressway generates about N500m monthly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/endsars-n2-5bn-lost-to-95-day-lekki-tollgate-closure/%3famp=1

1 Share

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Nigeriadondie: 10:21am On Jan 11, 2021
cry The human lives we lost to the trigger of our heartless cowards in uniform is worth more than any billions of naira lost.

I am afraid to say those who died, died in vain as our heartless leaders haven’t learnt anything from the protests. Both their actions and utterances indicates an attitude of “to hell” with the masses. Everything has returned back to what it was. The soldiers who killed unarmed protesters would never face justice. The massacre in Lekki would remain just like every other one like the infamous Asaba massacre, Odi massacre, Zaki-biam massacre, Zaria, Kaduna and Abuja massacre of the Shiites in which multi purpose machine guns were used, the Oyigbo massacre in Rivers State. Trust me, with this culture of impunity, we would still experience more massacres in the future. It is not a matter of God forbid

Any body wishing the thugs in uniform protection and God’s blessings is a sharer in the blood of those killed by the military. They don’t deserve the prayers and best wishes of people whose relatives they have killed.

I don’t wish those in the military well. They are monsters that would never escape the wrath of God if they manage to escape justice by man.

When they are killed in their hundreds by Boko Haram, people would cry that militants killed someone’s father, brother, son, friend or relatives but when the military kills people we don’t think the same.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by iwaeda: 10:24am On Jan 11, 2021
Has anyone noticed that since the #EndSars protest, no usual holdup around Oriental-Lekki axis and Lekki-Ikoyi area
The tollgates are just pure exploitation.

151 Likes 7 Shares

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by RedPanthar: 10:25am On Jan 11, 2021
Lies grin

If such measly amount was what Lagos State generates from the toll, it won't collaborate with the FG to committ what they committed.

E pain them die. Toll gate generating billions weekly, 20-30M daily is what's been downplayed to 2m to appear apathetic whereas the reverse is the case.

Thieves. Why has the international creditors not held Lagos state captive since its closure

Open the books how much was loaned, how much has been serviced, what's the balance left.

Thieves. Your books haven't been audited since 1999,yet you are quick to smear anything wrong in other regions whereas you're just a colony of intense corruption. Thieves

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by donbachi(m): 10:27am On Jan 11, 2021
Weakness exposed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by realstars: 10:29am On Jan 11, 2021
Our Boys Have Bluck The Looting Machine, Thats Good.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by omowolewa: 10:31am On Jan 11, 2021
That huge
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by HeadShot: 10:33am On Jan 11, 2021
Thieves....

12 Likes

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by leokid866: 10:37am On Jan 11, 2021
HeadShot:
Thieves....

How are they thieves? please explain yourself.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Racoon(m): 10:38am On Jan 11, 2021
95 more days of torment and sorrow for whosoever have a hand in the killings of harmless protesters in that toll gate.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by iwaeda: 10:52am On Jan 11, 2021
This is a criminal act, how can a whole MD says he doesnt know how much is lost. Do not they have daily analysis. These thieves think we are dundees like them.
He knows if he mention the amount, the outcry can cause another out burst.
The Managing Director, LCC, Mr Abayomi Omomuwa, told the panel that he could not say how much the tollgates had lost.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by HeadShot: 10:56am On Jan 11, 2021
leokid866:

How are they thieves? please explain yourself.

Money that they have been looting for years

12 Likes

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by iwaeda: 11:24am On Jan 11, 2021
lalasticlala
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 11, 2021
Nigeriadondie:
cry The human lives we lost to the trigger of our heartless cowards in uniform is worth more than any billions of naira lost.

I am afraid to say those who died, died in vain as our heartless leaders haven’t learnt anything from the protests. Both their actions and utterances indicates an attitude of “to hell” with the masses. Everything has returned back to what it was. The soldiers who killed unarmed protesters would never face justice. The massacre in Lekki would remain just like every other one like the infamous Asaba massacre, Odi massacre, Zaki-biam massacre, Zaria, Kaduna and Abuja massacre of the Shiites in which multi purpose machine guns were used, the Oyigbo massacre in Rivers State. Trust me, with this culture of impunity, we would still experience more massacres in the future. It is not a matter of God forbid

Any body wishing the thugs in uniform protection and God’s blessings is a sharer in the blood of those killed by the military. They don’t deserve the prayers and best wishes of people whose relatives they have killed.

I don’t wish those in the military well. They are monsters that would never escape the wrath of God if they manage to escape justice by man.

When they are killed in their hundreds by Boko Haram, people would cry that militants killed someone’s father, brother, son, friend or relatives but when the military kills people we don’t think the same.

They did not die in vain...

- Lastma has been really cordial..
- Police extortion has reduced drastically..
- People are allowed to dress as they seem fit..
- The tolls have been free for all with massive reduction in traffic.
- They have saved me over N30,000 monthly on toll pass.

It is a gradual process, Rome was not built in a day..

Dont regard the death of freedom fighters as vain, they paid the ultimate price cause your life is/was no different from theirs.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Salimthedream: 12:37pm On Jan 11, 2021
Okay o
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 11, 2021
Oshey, tinubu's Maga, Mr sanwo olu is about to use this medium to sanwo tinubu..

Original cash app

If these monies are properly channeled and utilized, Lagos should have witness more development than it has but some people are so good at looting with bullion vans that they've even forgotten how not to loot feels like

5 Likes

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by abragr8: 12:37pm On Jan 11, 2021
If I can see someone to give me N2.5B. What I will do is to build 500 Housing Units and then return N3.5B back to the person 12 months later.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by dreamworld: 12:37pm On Jan 11, 2021
Supposed to be generated by afonja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 11, 2021
Is that so?
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by obi4eze(m): 12:37pm On Jan 11, 2021
angry

Tinubu can give them much more than that.

1 Like

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Monaco2(m): 12:38pm On Jan 11, 2021
Nai good, after all na dem dem Dey chop d money
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by YosemiteDan: 12:38pm On Jan 11, 2021
Omo

1 Like

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 11, 2021
2.5 Billion of their money or people's hard earned money? undecided

We don't want any fraudulent toll gates in Lagos state. If they can't fix roads they should leave it like that, we'll enter the potholes and come out, no be today.

3 Likes

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by justsexloverman(m): 12:38pm On Jan 11, 2021
Welcome to Lagos, a state where the toll gate belongs to a family.

What do I know?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 11, 2021
The reason they killed innocent protesters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by janedonez(m): 12:39pm On Jan 11, 2021
So bad
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Chirowman(m): 12:39pm On Jan 11, 2021
Wahala ooo
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by godgizzy(m): 12:39pm On Jan 11, 2021
What about the innocent lives that were lost? Useless and clueless government...

6 Likes

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by JoeEeL(m): 12:39pm On Jan 11, 2021
I think I now see reasons why the #EndSARS protesters were shot.

They were occupying the very epicenter of obvious evil and daylight corruption on the Island.

It baffles me how sane humans learnt to keep up with such mind-boggling atrocity without even questioning it.

Nigerians are one of the most docile entities I have ever seen; they will accept any manner of injustice you mete on them and even fight those who try to fight for them.

If I talk too much here on now, some Tinubu slaves will come attack me while some other idiots will tag me IPOB. That is how you know many walk on the roads with their brains empty.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi condemns Nabeeha's killing, laments rising Insecurity / Alleged Missing $20bn: Own Up To Your Errors, NNPC Tells Sanusi / Orji Kalu: Judgement Unfair, We'll Meet To Take A Position - Abia APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.