Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

#EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch (14342 Views)

Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead / #endsars: Lagos Demolishes Community Whose Residents Saw Lekki Tollgate Shooting / Aisha Buhari Speaks On Arrest Of Her ADC, Sani Baban-Inna Over N2.5Billion Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Shokoloko(f): 2:02pm On Jan 11, 2021
Neddstark:

You need to travel out. Toll gates exist in major cities around the world for revenue generation.

There isnt a single toll-gate in Ottawa, capital of Canada, No toll gate in Toronto, commercial hub of Canada.

1 Like

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Blackdisciple(m): 2:02pm On Jan 11, 2021
Racoon:
95 more days of torment and sorrow for whosoever have a hand in the killings of harmless protesters in that toll gate.

Yes oo
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Incognito403: 2:03pm On Jan 11, 2021
Nigeriadondie:
cry The human lives we lost to the trigger of our heartless cowards in uniform is worth more than any billions of naira lost.

I am afraid to say those who died, died in vain as our heartless leaders haven’t learnt anything from the protests. Both their actions and utterances indicates an attitude of “to hell” with the masses. Everything has returned back to what it was. The soldiers who killed unarmed protesters would never face justice. The massacre in Lekki would remain just like every other one like the infamous Asaba massacre, Odi massacre, Zaki-biam massacre, Zaria, Kaduna and Abuja massacre of the Shiites in which multi purpose machine guns were used, the Oyigbo massacre in Rivers State. Trust me, with this culture of impunity, we would still experience more massacres in the future. It is not a matter of God forbid

Any body wishing the thugs in uniform protection and God’s blessings is a sharer in the blood of those killed by the military. They don’t deserve the prayers and best wishes of people whose relatives they have killed.

I don’t wish those in the military well. They are monsters that would never escape the wrath of God if they manage to escape justice by man.

When they are killed in their hundreds by Boko Haram, people would cry that militants killed someone’s father, brother, son, friend or relatives but when the military kills people we don’t think the same.

The human lives we lost to the reckless insurrection is also worth more than that 2.5billion naira.

1 Like

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Blackdisciple(m): 2:06pm On Jan 11, 2021
Good for them...

That's how it is when you decide to kill innocent people because you are in power, but little they know that they will still loose more in the next 92days.
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 11, 2021
That tollgate is dead and buried any bastard that want to resurface it again will be brought down, there should be interstate toll gates and not gates within the city that’s just greediness and wickedness

1 Like

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Neddstark: 2:09pm On Jan 11, 2021
Shokoloko:

There isnt a single toll-gate in Ottawa, capital of Canada, No toll gate in Toronto, commercial hub of Canada.

https://www.rhinocarhire.com/Car-Hire-Blog/February-2017/Canada-Toll-Roads-Guide-to-toll-roads-in-Canada.aspx

1 Like

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by COMPAQ(m): 2:33pm On Jan 11, 2021
RedPanthar:
Lies grin

If such measly amount was what Lagos State generates from the toll, it won't collaborate with the FG to committ what they committed.

E pain them die. Toll gate generating billions weekly, 20-30M daily is what's been downplayed to 2m to appear apathetic whereas the reverse is the case.

Thieves. Why has the international creditors not held Lagos state captive since its closure

Open the books how much was loaned, how much has been serviced, what's the balance left.

Thieves. Your books haven't been audited since 1999,yet you are quick to smear anything wrong in other regions whereas you're just a colony of intense corruption. Thieves

Guy how can the toll gate generate billions weekly?? So let's do some math. Let's assume you are referring to both toll gates as generating N500mln in a week each, which is N71mln per day (note though that Sunday will generate nowhere near as much cash as a weekday), then divide that by an average of N350, then it means you are suggesting 204,000 (Two hundred and Four thousand unique vehicles pass that toll gate either way. Which is equivalent to 102,000 vehicles going back and forth i.e to work and back as well as those that move around during the day.

I very much doubt up to 102,000 cars pass in one direction daily. That's a hell of a lot of cars.
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Shokoloko(f): 2:34pm On Jan 11, 2021
Neddstark:

https://www.rhinocarhire.com/Car-Hire-Blog/February-2017/Canada-Toll-Roads-Guide-to-toll-roads-in-Canada.aspx

Great link.
I'm going to asume here that you live in Ontario: you know the 407 and 412 dont get into the cities? They encircle the cities so are not inside the cities and that was what I was referring to.
Toll gates should never be built within a city. And I still maintain that roads in Ottawa and Toronto and Major cities in Canada are not tolled.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Tareq1105: 2:45pm On Jan 11, 2021
xProfx:
2.5 Billion of their money or people's hard earned money? undecided

We don't want any fraudulent toll gates in Lagos state. If they can't fix roads they should leave it like that, we'll enter the potholes and come out, no be today.

Speak for yourself and stop saying "we"

Do you know how much the smooth road have saved people from visiting mechanic every Saturday?

Me I want and I will appreciate it if the toll fee is reduced.

My take is that toll are necessary to be charged on all our interstate roads. It's like without it, good and motorable roads would remain a mirage.

Such should be given to construction companies (not politicians or briefcase contractors) to manage/repair and toll it.

1 Like

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Akanbiedu(m): 2:51pm On Jan 11, 2021
The army should be there with live bullets, next time.
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by RedPanthar: 2:59pm On Jan 11, 2021
COMPAQ:

Guy how can the toll gate generate billions weekly?? So let's do some math. Let's assume you are referring to both toll gates as generating N500mln in a week each, which is N71mln per day (note though that Sunday will generate nowhere near as much cash as a weekday), then divide that by an average of N350, then it means you are suggesting 204,000 (Two hundred and Four thousand unique vehicles pass that toll gate either way. Which is equivalent to 102,000 vehicles going back and forth i.e to work and back as well as those that move around during the day.

I very much doubt up to 102,000 cars pass in one direction daily. That's a hell of a lot of cars.

SMH. Another deceived one. I won't waste my time
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by RedPanthar: 3:01pm On Jan 11, 2021
Tareq1105:

Do you know how much the smooth road have saved people from visiting mechanic every Saturday?

My take is that toll are necessary to be charged on all our interstate roads. It's like without it, good and motorable roads would remain a mirage.

Such should be given to construction companies (not politicians or briefcase contractors) to manage/repair and toll it.

If the people are tolled for the roads to be maintained then what purpose does the government serve? And all the large yearly budgets.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Latvin: 3:09pm On Jan 11, 2021
Tareq1105:

Not denying the fact that traffic flow has greatly improved with free passage through those tolls in the past couple of months.

If and whenever the tolls are reinstated, effort should be made to fully digitalise tracking and collection and avoid cash collection to the minimum. That will greatly improve transit time through each toll booth. If you insist on paying cash, you pay 5 times the digital fare to discourage cash transactions that slow down movement drastically
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 11, 2021
Tareq1105:

Mr Man, that road you're seeing is the most expensive road in the world per km. Please do your research. It is overpriced, basic and unnecessary for tolling if not for corruption.

Tell me how many motorable, standard roads we have in the entire Lagos? Now that one that leads into Eti Osa has to be used to milk everyone, because of what?

I spoke for myself bro, not for you, cos some of you obviously don't know the government is basically enslaving the people.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by DavSagacity(m): 3:22pm On Jan 11, 2021
Them dey mad.. How much is the precious lives that were lost worth..? Awon eleribu.
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by DavSagacity(m): 3:22pm On Jan 11, 2021
Them dey made. How much is the precious lives that were lost worth..? Awon eleribu.
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by DavSagacity(m): 3:23pm On Jan 11, 2021
Them dey mad.. How much is the precious lives that were killed by Soldiers worth..? Awon eleribu.
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by DavSagacity(m): 3:24pm On Jan 11, 2021
Them dey mad.. How much is the precious lives that were lost worth..? Awon eleribu.
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by olax02(m): 4:55pm On Jan 11, 2021
Racoon:
95 more days of torment and sorrow for whosoever have a hand in the killings of harmless protesters in that toll gate.
Amen...
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by evans4luv: 8:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
l undecidedl lunatics
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by leokid866: 8:26pm On Jan 11, 2021
Minjim:

Look around you in Lagos. With all those revenue , there is really nothing much on ground to show
That's what you think.....maybe look deeper with less coloured eyes....
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by leokid866: 8:27pm On Jan 11, 2021
HeadShot:

Money that they have been looting for years
because you were there as they were looting it?........I recently started taking law classes.....show us your proof of looting....
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Minjim: 8:36pm On Jan 11, 2021
leokid866:

That's what you think.....maybe look deeper with less coloured eyes....

You need to visit other African cities like Nairobi, Joburg, Cairo, Addis Ababa, Port Luis, etc and see their metro system. And some of them have less revenue compare to Lagos.
One more thing- they have uninterrupted power.
You're still saying it's on the concurrent list but Zamfara is selling its gold.

1 Like

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by iwaeda: 7:33am On Jan 12, 2021
Neddstark:

You need to travel out. Tolled gates exist in major cities around the world for revenue generation.

But there are good alternatives, I have stayed in Houston. Sam Houston Circuit and toll roads are for people that want to travel fast. Unlike Lekki where the main roads are tolled!

2 Likes

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Bawsse(m): 8:01am On Jan 12, 2021
iwaeda:
Has anyone noticed that since the #EndSars protest, no usual holdup around Oriental-Lekki axis and Lekki-Ikoyi area
The tollgates are just pure exploitation.

And why'd that sir?
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by leokid866: 8:35am On Jan 12, 2021
Minjim:

You need to visit other African cities like Nairobi, Joburg, Cairo, Addis Ababa, Port Luis, etc and see their metro system. And some of them have less revenue compare to Lagos.
One more thing- there uninterrupted power
I have uninterrupted power at home and at work.....ps. rail and power is handled on federal level in Nigeria not state so please educate yourself and check your lens.
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by DaCharis2016: 9:30am On Jan 12, 2021
leokid866:

How are they thieves? please explain yourself.
You sound like one of them too. How can you be lamenting over the loss of toll-fares to human lives. There's no amount of billions or trillions in naira that can be exchanged for the lives taken at the tollgate. If Nigeria was a sane country, the tollgate would had being turned to monument in memory of our heroes killed there.
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by leokid866: 9:28pm On Jan 12, 2021
DaCharis2016:
You sound like one of them too. How can you be lamenting over the loss of toll-fares to human lives. There's no amount of billions or trillions in naira that can be exchanged for the lives taken at the tollgate. If Nigeria was a sane country, the tollgate would had being turned to monument in memory of our heroes killed there.
if Nigeria was a Sane country.....are you dense? you held protest and block all the roads.....my friend spent 5hours on the road in crisis while you were out chanting end Sars, and fem....killing police men,burning police stations, and raiding shops.....another friend of mine his dad suffered a stroke, they couldn't go out till early morning.....these are examples I know.....think of examples I don't know, and people who actually died from one issue or the other because they couldn't be attended to.....I'm not saying you should not protest.....but when you use your right to block the right of others you are no different from the terrorists and bad leaders you complain about......don't come to me talking about blood when your entire struggle shows you have no respect for it......I can't wait for them to come back and increase the price to balance loss.....
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by leokid866: 9:32pm On Jan 12, 2021
Shokoloko:

kuku go their border and ask them to open it down, because is like you don't know a border is a toll gate of its own......different cities will offer different amenities just to get you to come stay.....doesn't mean everyone follows the same step.......if you don't like the toll feel free to connect Ogun to Ajah so you won't pay toll anymore....
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by leokid866: 9:35pm On Jan 12, 2021
justscorchone:
That tollgate is dead and buried any bastard that want to resurface it again will be brought down, there should be interstate toll gates and not gates within the city that’s just greediness and wickedness
go to New York and tell them that one.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apga Lg Tour: Dunukofia Stands Still For Apga Campaign Team(photos) / Riot In Eket, Akwa Ibom State / Ohanaeze To North: Nigeria Will Sink If You Retain Power, Criticizes Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.