Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern (48498 Views)

Top 10 Best Comedy Skits In Nigeria For The Month Of March, 2024 / Pete Edochie, Chiwetalu Agu, Others Feature In The Rising Sun / Suspend Bbnaija This Year For Serious National Concern (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Liposure: 3:19pm On Feb 27, 2021
CHoccolaTE:
There is one very annoying cross dressing "comedian" wey call himself mama tobi or something, wearing green wrapper and blouse and canvas and socks, that guy always annoys me with his stupid cross dressing and dry jokes.
Surprisingly, he actually serves in the US military
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by 1Sharon(f): 3:27pm On Feb 27, 2021
obonujoker:

Lol... We are doing that.. we also shouldn't break and disobey God's word which supercedes all laws of men

And how is that working out for nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Liposure: 3:28pm On Feb 27, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Let's not say that men want to be women so badly. They are simply obsessed with women and want to flaunt what women have.

In most cases of homosexuality, it is men who want to be feminine. Likewise, transsexuals. Transvestites.

Now in skits they want to be female.

Truly, the future is female.

grin
A united future is all we pray for not one dominated by the fairer sex.
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Liposure: 3:31pm On Feb 27, 2021
tumababa:

Like i always tell people, if you dont curb the precedence, u will see a rise in any act. When bobrisky started people were saying “whats ur business “? We will soon start seeing lots of gays come out to say they are cross dressers (since dat one seems legal here) in different events and streets with heavy makeups. Just like bandits and militants. If u dont stop it when they start it become a norm
before bob, there was a certain denrele. Remember
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by edoairways: 3:32pm On Feb 27, 2021
Coldie:
Seriously I have said it alot of times, people think it's funny but low key it's promoting bobriskys
It isn't
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 27, 2021
pocohantas:
Marketing strategy.

The female gender is way more entertaining than their male counterparts. If they choose to be just males, they will run out of content in record time.

It is the opposite with female contents. There are numerous skit ideas on women that would draw traffic, increase their views, ratings and of course engagements from men and women alike.

Unlike Bobrisky, these ones are still men with raging erectîons. Money just has to be made.

People have acted as Jesus, satan and three wise men. I don’t see why a man can’t be allowed to interpret a female character. I am actually in awe at how well they interpret these roles. It is not that deep...to me.

Lol @ future is female. Where is that chick sef?

I think it is more about men being overly interested in women affairs. Any topic on women and you’ll see men rushing to comment. Even here on Nairaland, they will comment more than women sef. These guys know it and they are using it to their advantage. It is nothing spiritual abeg, na simple marketing and economics.

The point exactly, these day to day topics are way more entertaining and more than that of men. If they do a skit on boring poor chatting skills of Nigerian girls, it will get engagements from men and women. That is the ENTERTAINMENT.

They are not DSTV or Supersports, so people subscribe to them for everyday content, which is very relatable to the average Nigerian.

I didn't read your reply. Just wanted to waste your time. Take it on the chin like a champ. Much love from here. Bye wink
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by na2016: 3:45pm On Feb 27, 2021
pocohantas:

Go stop am na. Tyler Perry acted Madea for years and won awards with it. Na im you wan stop in 2021? cheesy

I hope you will be bold enough to look back at this rubbish you wrote, ten years from now.
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by donprinyo(m): 3:58pm On Feb 27, 2021
Mumu poster, how does cross dressing affecting this bad governance?
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Blakpot: 4:00pm On Feb 27, 2021
Your spot on OP. I noticed the same thing.
Its a case of cultural subversion, through social media and later entertainment in general.

It normally starts as a joke, through comedy movies, in our case its comedy skits.

If I remember correctly Dave Chapelle or Kat Williams, raised the alarm at the increasing rate black actors in Hollywood were given cross dressing roles; Martin Lawrence- big momma's house, Tyler Perry's Madea etc.

At first I made nothing of it, but over the years I realized it had deeper meaning.
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Splitmind: 4:02pm On Feb 27, 2021
Maybe it's your dick that is rising wink

1 Like

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 27, 2021
I stopped caring whenever I condemn this kind of attitude and people gang up and yell it’s their life and they can decide to do whatever they like. This rubbish will end when people stop praising such queer behavior disguised as comedy
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Ishilove: 4:04pm On Feb 27, 2021
amaniro:

Lmaooo b*tch you're in Nigeria. Everything is abnormal
??
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Splitmind: 4:05pm On Feb 27, 2021
Ishilove:

There are girls that dress as boys in some of these skits. It doesn't make it less annoying though

But you with f beside your moniker are you not cross dressing?
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by CHoccolaTE: 4:06pm On Feb 27, 2021
Liposure:
Surprisingly, he actually serves in the US military

That explains why his jokes are never funny, he has spent so many years in US and no longer understands Nigerian humor
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by descarado: 4:09pm On Feb 27, 2021
Maraji is the best among them.
Girl is so cute and can make u forget your worries kiss
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by WoundedLamb: 4:20pm On Feb 27, 2021
Lol... everything is threat to the fragile masculinity of an African man.

2 Likes

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by pocohantas(f): 4:21pm On Feb 27, 2021
Reinaldo:

I didn't read your reply. Just wanted to waste your time. Take it on the chin like a champ. Much love from here. Bye wink

It is not all about you, someone else would read and learn. You are the real champ here. Bye too

na2016:

I hope you will be bold enough to look back at this rubbish you wrote, ten years from now.

It has been there 10yrs before now. So?

1 Like

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Blakpot: 4:27pm On Feb 27, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The period when we accepted perversion and abnormality as HUSTLE.

Nowadays, you here comedians and influencers pushing perversion and claiming "na hustle i dey do ooh, support me, ooh, country hard, every man must hustle"

This is that period.
We have ministry of defense, religious leaders, governors defending bandits, saying they do so because they're poor in other words na hustling.

The other day in Abuja here, a guy snatched my dad's bag at car pack. He chased the thief caught up n grabbed him.
Ppl gathered n begged him to leave the guy, saying na hustle him dey hustle.

I won't even talk about yahoo boys or polithievians.
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by meobizy(f): 4:37pm On Feb 27, 2021
I remember passing this topic without caring. Seeing it on front page still hasn’t changed my attitude towards the subject matter.

Is it our boring Naija girls a comedian will contract to pull off a joke? Which female comedian worldwide is as successful as her male counterpart? Every time I come across a joke online, the only females I send it to are my sisters. If I mistakenly send it to any non relative female, na so my data go waste. It’s like these women don’t understand comedy or see laughing at jokes as unfeminine.

1 Like

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 27, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Lol... everything is threat to the fragile masculinity of an African man.
I swear, Nigerians and rubbish ehn, they are planning to take another loan and this is what we are worrying about, Nigerians deserve the worst self, them idi amin grade of tyrants.

1 Like

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by vhuqnl(m): 4:38pm On Feb 27, 2021
Ishilove:

One deep voiced fool called Michelle Brown or whatever called out Bobrisky and challenged him to post unfiltered photos. I was thinking "what's with the rise of cross dressing? Since when did we start accepting perversion and abnormality as normal?"
You will give yourself hypertension cos no one cares about your hypocrisy.
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by vhuqnl(m): 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2021
Offpoint1:
It's call "Skit" for a reason and the purpose was intended for you to laugh. If you start seeing other meaning to it then you have a very perverted mind.

Bob risky doesn't makes no skit, that's the ones we should be concerned about.

Tyler perry has been playing the role of Madea for years and no one see gayism in it, there are many movies the males played the females characters and we don't see it as gayism.
These things are made to make you laugh or entertain you, if you start reading other meaning to it... Then you're the one who needs help.
Ishilove and co, read this comment. You have perverted minds and need help
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by vhuqnl(m): 4:42pm On Feb 27, 2021
CHoccolaTE:
There is one very annoying cross dressing "comedian" wey call himself mama tobi or something, wearing green wrapper and blouse and canvas and socks, that guy always annoys me with his stupid cross dressing and dry jokes.
Ur problem is bigger than u. Heal ursef and stop attacking him
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 27, 2021
All this people online wey dey make noise upandan anyhow, wetin Bobrisky do una sef
Una just carry the thing for head
The thing dey vex me
You people should leave the woman to have her peace and don't go trolling and shaming her

This thread is very immature to be honest I wonder how it even got to front page

Y'all should go get a life and stop poking your noses in other people's lives and sources of income

I don't blame any of u sha

I blame the bad economy

The youths are unemployed

They come online to vent their anger and frustration and in doing so, they spew forth rubbish

You guys should just end this trolling saga please

I'm fed up with NL
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Jman06(m): 5:02pm On Feb 27, 2021
Towerex:
This is very true. I was thinking about this too In December. It's truly"gayish". If we can ostracize Bob Risky, all this cross Dressing comedians too should suffer same faith. I saw a guy recently who is becoming another cross Dresser like James Brown and Bob Risky. I felt really sick about it. Our country is loosing it's identity of sanity everyday.
Your country has never been sane!!!!!!!
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by stasius: 5:42pm On Feb 27, 2021
My brother you are on your own.

I see Entertainment and laughter. You see Gay.

Brother you are on your own ooh. I have never ever reasoned in this your perspective before now.

1 Like

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by IMAliyu(m): 5:47pm On Feb 27, 2021
Considering its comedy and entertainment it's not a big deal.

Look up Tyler Perry.
The man basically plays almost all the characters in his movies.
With his popular character being Madea.

The man is interestingly a deeply Christian person.

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Casper21: 5:59pm On Feb 27, 2021
Towerex:
This is very true. I was thinking about this too In December. It's truly"gayish". If we can ostracize Bob Risky, all this cross Dressing comedians too should suffer same faith. I saw a guy recently who is becoming another cross Dresser like James Brown and Bob Risky. I felt really sick about it. Our country is loosing it's identity of sanity everyday.

Live ur life and stop worrying about another person. Nigerians too dey oversabi
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by YungMillionaire: 7:17pm On Feb 27, 2021
Of all the serious issues in Nigeria na cross dressing dey worry u? Is it your cross? Is it your dressing? Is it your body? Abeg pack comot, you no get sense.

1 Like

Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Adakintroy: 7:21pm On Feb 27, 2021
All the fools that keep asking dumb question like how American elections take affect us. Know you in a globe now.

Just as you can't remember how you came to accept Christianity, or coca cola or suit and tie or democracy, that's how you won't know how this trend get into your society.

Retards!
Re: Crossdressing In Skits In Nigeria: A Rising Concern by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 27, 2021
You should have gone straight to the part of drinking origin and leave people alone to their lives.
There is no JOB in this hellish landscape and your despicable government is doing it's best to destroy the very few still left
People have to SURVIVE one way or the other.
Imagine if there is no social media in this nigeria
How they choose to Express themselves is none of your business
Soon you will also embark on a campaign to stop social media
Its entertainment and it works for them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija: Efe Leads Early Online Polls Unopposed (Photo) / Mercy Eke: Emmanuel Emenike, My Boyfriend Dumped Me - BBNaija's Mercy / Airtel Shades Mtn In New TV Ad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.