Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 (15208 Views)

IBB Shuns Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections In Niger / Presidential, National Assembly Elections Vicious – Soyinka / National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 31, 2011
The elections to the National assembly is one of the most important and most ignored. Whatever policy the executive arm may want to implement if there are no credible members of the Halloe chambers, such good policies will never be realised.
These are the closest officials to us the people when it comes to policy making as thier decisions affect our lives directly. They influence major decisions in our lives and Nation, this election could even be said to be more important than the presidential elections.
Those of us voting on saturday, please post your experiences and pictures here. This is also a chance to know who gets to represent you.
An analysis of the Major contenders in your constituency is alos welcome.
Most importantly, let us have a clean and insult free thread, mature analysis no insults, name calling and fighting please
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by kunlex1978(m): 2:12pm On Mar 31, 2011
I think ,we are going to have a respectable legislature this time around at the National Assembly, who will not fight for furniture and other allowances before making a law and other lesgislative duties that will benefit the average Nigerian citizen I hope this Election will be FREE and FAIR not FLEE and FEAR
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 31, 2011
I live and work in Abuja, I am represented in the National Assembly by Senator Sidi Ali and Hon Philip Taminu Aduda both of the PDP, they both came on bard as a result of a reelection after a court judgement voided the election of the two ANPP candidates in the National assembly due to non inclusion of the candidate of NCP in the last election.
Senator Sidi Ali is not coming back to the National Assembly as he was defeated by Phililp aduda in the last primaries.
Abuja has the highest number of aspirants to the National Assembly Election as all the 70 political parties are fielding candidates so i do not know all the aspirants. These are the major aspirants:

Labour party : kayode Ajulo, who i will be voting for because he is a young erudite and articulate lawyer whose campaigns has won my heart
Boma Goodhead: ACN: Smart young woman, will love to see her in the house of reps
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 31, 2011
Feel free to post your own candidates and your reason for supporting them
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 31, 2011
Beyound shouting and insulting our leaders and reps, it is important we know who they are and what they stand for. I know a lot of us do not know our reps, we have till saturday to know each candidate and decide who to vote for, this for me is the most important as the have more direct influence on us
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 31, 2011
I have a confession to make:

I do not know anything about how government in Nigeria works

Can some one explain to me in simple terms about the various chambers government, ther numbers  and how they work?
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 31, 2011
GenBuhari:

I have a confession to make:

I do not know anything about how government in Nigeria works

Can some one explain to me in simple terms about the various chambers government, ther numbers and how they work?
The Federal governement is run by the Executive and Legislative arm (Senate and house of Reps) 109 members of Senate, 3 from each state and 382 in the House of Reps, each state presents 6 candidates. They make laws and pass wjile the Executive implelments, any policy, appointments and spending by the President has to be approved by them
The state Government is run by the Executive and State house of assembly, they pass the budget, and approve all appointments too
The Local government is made up of the same structure, Chairman and councilors , same duties
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by enyojo(f): 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2011
aisha2:

The Federal governement is run by the Executive and Legislative arm (Senate and house of Reps) 109 members of Senate, 3 from each state and 382 in the House of Reps, each state presents 6 candidates. They make laws and pass wjile the Executive implelments, any policy, appointments and spending by the President has to be approved by them
The state Government is run by the Executive and State house of assembly, they pass the budget, and approve all appointments too
The Local government is made up of the same structure, Chairman and councilors , same duties

In summary, the system was copied from the American Federal system (Poorly copied).
This system does great harm to Nigeria in the sense that there are too many elected and appointed people doing the same things.
There are senators & reps (Fed level), members (State level), Councillors (LG level) all doing WHAT Legislators doing the same thing: LEGISLOOTING!
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 31, 2011
That it is why it is important to come out on saturday and vote non legislooters. No matter who becomes president he will need good people to work with. If you have the best president and bad legislators then it s all a waste a bad and hostile legislature can impeach a president they don't like
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by strangleyo: 4:01pm On Mar 31, 2011
People please go out and vote.

enyojo:

In summary, the system was copied from the American Federal system (Poorly copied).
This system does great harm to Nigeria in the sense that there are too many elected and appointed people doing the same things.
There are senators & reps (Fed level), members (State level), Councillors (LG level) all doing WHAT Legislators doing the same thing: LEGISLOOTING!

Not necessarily true. Running a country is not an easy feat. If it was simple every country in the world would look like pre-Quake Japan.
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by danjohn: 4:57pm On Mar 31, 2011
Folks this election is going to be interesting. The reason why is because the result of the national assembly election will not be a reflection of the result in the Presidential election. In the SW, SS, and SE ACN will perform better in the national assembly election than they will in the Presidential election. Also, PDP, ACN, and ANPP will perform better in the NW, NC, and NE in the National Assembly election than they will in the Presidential. Since Buhari is not on the ballot in this election, the CPC may experience a set back in this April 2nd election because many of their candidates have little name recognition and are underfunded. They are relying on Buhari's coat tails but he is not on the ballot this Saturday. Jonathan was very strategic in making sure that the election was not on the same day. If it was on the same day, people in the NW, and NE would vote Buhari from top to bottom.

This election will test whether the people of the NW and NE have adopted CPC as their party or if it is only Buhari they want. I am saying this so that folks can control their expectations. After Saturday's elections, many people may want to day that the Presidential election will be between PDP and ACN. However, the dynamics of the Presidential elections will be much different from this one. So my message to the major players are as follows:

ACN: Do not get too excited when the results come in. Ribadu will not perform as well on April 9th.
PDP: The same goes to you too, although SW will be better on April 9th than it will be on April 2nd.
CPC: Do not dwell on Saturday's results. April 9th is when CPC's electoral strength will be truly tested.
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 31, 2011
danjohn:

Folks this election is going to be interesting.  The reason why is because the result of the national assembly election will not be a reflection of the result in the Presidential election.  In the SW, SS, and SE ACN will perform better in the national assembly election than they will in the Presidential election.  Also, PDP, ACN, and ANPP will perform better in the NW, NC, and NE in the National Assembly election than they will in the Presidential.  Since Buhari is not on the ballot in this election, the CPC may experience a set back in this April 2nd election because many of their candidates have little name recognition and are underfunded.  They are relying on Buhari's coat tails but he is not on the ballot this Saturday.  Jonathan was very strategic in making sure that the election was not on the same day.  If it was on the same day, people in the NW, and NE would vote Buhari from top to bottom. 

This election will test whether the people of the NW and NE have adopted CPC as their party or if it is only Buhari they want.  I am saying this so that folks can control their expectations.  After Saturday's elections, many people may want to day that the Presidential election will be between PDP and ACN.  However, the dynamics of the Presidential elections will be much different from this one.  So my message to the major players are as follows:

ACN:  Do not get too excited when the results come in.  Ribadu will not perform as well on April 9th.
PDP:  The same goes to you too, although SW will be better on April 9th than it will be on April 2nd.
CPC:  Do not dwell on Saturday's results.  April 9th is when CPC's electoral strength will be truly tested.
Good analysis. So how are you voting this Saturday?
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 31, 2011
Thanks

Just to be clear,

The senate is the Executive arm
What does the executive arm do exactly?

And the House of Reps is the legislative arm
Do Reps pass bills and then pass to  senate for final approval?

The National Assembly is? both houses together I imagine?
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by enyojo(f): 5:20pm On Mar 31, 2011
strangleyo:

People please go out and vote.

Not necessarily true. Running a country is not an easy feat. If it was simple every country in the world would look like pre-Quake Japan.

[size=18pt]Weldone Head Boy!
How about the fact that a President has a Minister of Education, a Minister of state for education, a Senior Special Adviser (SSA) on Education, A Special Assistant on Education etc.

The same goes for media, communication, Works, and all others.

To worsen it , the same aplies at the State levels and Local Govt levels.

The end result is that the Cost of running government far out weighs the task of governing itself. That is where the issue of Overhead and Underhead costs emanate from.
Who suffers? The masses because their money is heavily paid to these jobless appointees and since the positions are so juicy, anyone can kill to get there.

PAT UTOMI PROMISED TO 'SHUT DOWN ABUJA' BY SLASHING THE PAYS TO UNPRODUCTIVE APPOINTEES. THAT WAS THE GREATEST WORDS I HEARD IN 2011 DEBATES, BUT HE STEPPED DOWN AFTER SAYING THAT.[/size]
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by danjohn: 5:24pm On Mar 31, 2011
GenBuhari,

Here are two wikipedia articles that can help you:

Politics of Nigerian:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Nigeria

Presidential System of Government:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_system
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 31, 2011
GenBuhari:

Thanks

Just to be clear,

The senate is the Executive arm
What does the executive arm do exactly?

And the House of Reps is the legislative arm
Do Reps pass bills and then pass to  senate for final approval?

The National Assembly is? both houses together I imagine?

No senate is part of the legislative arm. There is an upper and lower arm. Senate approves all Appointments.
enyojo:

[size=18pt]Weldone Head Boy!
How about the fact that a President has a Minister of Education, a Minister of state for education, a Senior Special Adviser (SSA) on Education, A Special Assistant on Education etc.

The end result is that the Cost of running government far out weighs the task of governing itself. That is where the issue of Overhead and Underhead costs emanate from.
Who suffers? The masses because their money is heavily paid to these jobless appointees and since the positions are so juicy, anyone can kill to get there.

PAT UTOMI PROMISED TO 'SHUT DOWN ABUJA' BY SLASHING THE PAYS TO UNPRODUCTIVE APPOINTEES. THAT WAS THE GREATEST WORDS I HEARD IN 2011 DEBATES,  BUT HE STEPPED DOWN AFTER SAYING THAT.[/size]
Please post in normal fonts
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by danjohn: 5:26pm On Mar 31, 2011
aisha2:

Good analysis. So how are you voting this Saturday?

Thanks, unfortunately I will not be in town to vote. I have convinced 3 people to vote for Buhari on April 9th. However these people are in SW and SS and as a result may be voting ACN on April 2nd.
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 31, 2011
Thanks for the information aisha2 / danjohn

enyojo grin Buhari actually has a track record as a Head of State and he did exctly what u say Pat Utomi was proposing to do. Buhari reduced the size of government to a minimum.
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by Jarus(m): 6:16pm On Mar 31, 2011
Danjohn's analysis is spot on.

But notwithstanding, at the end of NA elections I expect CPC producing at least 10 Senators and 20 reps, likely from Sokoto, Katsina, Kano, Kebbi and Zamfara. Through defections, the party currently has 1 Senators and 3 reps.
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by Vigilante: 10:19pm On Mar 31, 2011
@aisha2 - moderator work no fit you at all. You've got strong views babe fit for the popular side. Why not resign and join us on the popular side.
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:36pm On Mar 31, 2011
I hope this thread does not descend to hey ballot boxes are being snatched here and there would have been really nice to have people that are trusted report here, like aisha can take where she is and report on that same goes for Jarus, any other riff raff coming here to shout this and that would not be taken seriously__or maybe they will be undecided undecided
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by recoome(m): 11:46pm On Mar 31, 2011
In the NW, the PDP will win all the senatorial seats in jigawa,kaduna,zamfara,kebbi,sokoto but may face problems little problems in katsina,kano. In the NE the PDP will also win well with an average of 2 senators/state even though yobe & borno are ANPP,the PDP has an over-bearing presence there and PDP is saying it will be able 2 stem the boko haram if voted in. In the NC, it will also be a field day 4 the PDP with pple like kure,akwashiki,aminu,saraki,ohize,smart etc but the real battle lies in benue btw the PDP & ACN, mark is bound 2 defeat onoja due 2 his laudable achievement in benue south, PDP's barnabas gemade is bound 2 beat ACN's akaagerger who is viewed as a political paper weigth but ACN's akume has an upper hand over PDP's terver who was his erstwhile god-son, also in kwara its btw oloyes ACPN & bukolas PDP, in the SW the ACN will most likely win all 3 seats, in ogun,the PDP will win atleast 2(iyabo,bajomo) seats if nt 3, leavin the PPN & ACN 2 very little, the PPN seems 2 be drawing all the attention away 4rm the ACN in ogun, if u ask me, the whole thing is OBJ's set up, in oyo, the PDP will pick all 3 seats as other candidates in other parties are less than formidable, in ondo, the ACN is docile and the battle 4 senate is btw LP & PDP, the PDP will win ondo south with agagu, bode olajumoke(PDP) is likely 2 win but the real problem is if gbenga ogunniya(PDP) will be a 2 contend with the overbearing presence of the LP in his district, moreso mimiko has 2 show that he's in control of the state, in osun, its btw ACN & PDP,while PDP has heavy weights like Oyinlola & omisore, the ACN is trying 2 make sure that omisore does nt return 2 d senate, as he's a ranking member and a chairman of a grade A comitee, and is tipped 2 become the nxt senate president if its zoned 2 the SW by the PDP, in ekiti the race is a show of mite as the ACN has 2 tell the world that it's in control, although the PDP is nt ruling, the ekiti pple are grateful 4 the fed uni given 2 them by the PDP govt. In the SS, the PDP will pick all the seats in a/ibom,c/river,delta,rivers,bayelsa but has the ACN 2 contend with in edo as the battle of supremacy bty oshiomhole and anenih is in the air, ehigie uzamere of the ACN will have 2 contend with daisy danjuma of the PDP who he defeated in 2007 at the PDP primaries. In the SE, comes the battle that all nigerians are waiting 4, it's btw Akunyili(APGA) & ngige(ACN), The battle is said 2 have great repercursion 4 the political relevance of ngige in anambra, as akunyili has an upper hand due 2 her party(APGA) and popularity where as pple think ngige is about 2 sell them out 2 d yorubas due 2 his party(ACN) affiliation, in anambra north, the candidate 2 beat is joy emordi(APGA) who will slug it out with PDP's magery okadigbo, in the south, PDP's Andy uba is dubbed 2 take the seat as the APGA candidate is less formidable, in imo, PDP is dubbed 2 pick up 2 seats but has a problem in imo west where udenwa is ACN's candidate, but PDP's hope uzodinma is hinging on udenwa's lack of performance as governor, the PDP will coast 2 victory in ebonyi but will have some problems in enugu north where the PDC is presentin 4mr gov chimaroke & in abia(north) where the PPA is presenting 4mr gov kalu 2 contend with his erstwhile god-son chukwumerije(PDP) who he made senator, the candidates of the ACN recieved a major blow after tinubu made a controversial statement in abia in a rally where he said he had seen no development, immediately, the PDP media machinery in abia made a propaganda of it, linking tinubu & ACN candidates 2 Awo who had at one time escaped lynching in aba for making a statement about second-hand clothes.in the FCT, the contest is said 2 be won by anyone who won the PDP ticket in the primaries as most if not all opposition members from ANPP & CPC have decamped 2 the PDP sayin that only the PDP can deliver, kayode ajulo of the LP is less than formidable as he's does nt have grassroot support and the yoruba's dont have a strong presence in the FCT and the igbos are goin 2 kick against his ambition. All in all, the PDP will constitute the an overwhelming majority leaving the ACN,CPC&ANPP the minority role.
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by danjohn: 12:24am On Apr 01, 2011
@recoome,

Your post is very informative. I will compare it to the results on election day.
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by Jarus(m): 6:27am On Apr 01, 2011
Good one there recomme, that was very journalistic, more impressive was the way you displayed more than passing knowledge of peculiarities and candidate in virtually every Senatorial district across the country. But I think CPC will make a better showing in NW than you analysed winning at least one Senatorial seat in each of NW states
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by DisGuy: 7:01am On Apr 01, 2011
i cant read what recomme wrote, too condensed!

danjohn:

Folks this election is going to be interesting. The reason why is because the result of the national assembly election will not be a reflection of the result in the Presidential election. In the SW, SS, and SE ACN will perform better in the national assembly election than they will in the Presidential election. Also, PDP, ACN, and ANPP will perform better in the NW, NC, and NE in the National Assembly election than they will in the Presidential. Since Buhari is not on the ballot in this election, the CPC may experience a set back in this April 2nd election because many of their candidates have little name recognition and are underfunded. They are relying on Buhari's coat tails but he is not on the ballot this Saturday. Jonathan was very strategic in making sure that the election was not on the same day. If it was on the same day, people in the NW, and NE would vote Buhari from top to bottom.

This election will test whether the people of the NW and NE have adopted CPC as their party or if it is only Buhari they want. I am saying this so that folks can control their expectations. After Saturday's elections, many people may want to day that the Presidential election will be between PDP and ACN. However, the dynamics of the Presidential elections will be much different from this one. So my message to the major players are as follows:

ACN: Do not get too excited when the results come in. Ribadu will not perform as well on April 9th.
PDP: The same goes to you too, although SW will be better on April 9th than it will be on April 2nd.
CPC: Do not dwell on Saturday's results. April 9th is when CPC's electoral strength will be truly tested.

I thought INEC is not displaying names just party logos ?

I thik the opposition will definitely have a higher percentage in the NA this time around
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by ziccoit: 11:39am On Apr 01, 2011
To start with, let me state that, this year election result is going to be a shocker for most of the people. Take my local government for example, the number of voters in each pooling unit after voters registration in the past is is usually ranging between 750-2,500+ voters. The Politicians knew how to smuggle fake names into the voters' register including the multiple registrations. In fact a Politician may have as much as 1,500 voters card to distribute to his people for votings on election days. That was in the past.

In this year voters' registration the pooling unit with highest number of voters recorded 500+ registered voters. You now wonder what happens to 2,500+ as being recorded in the past. What is the effect and import of this new development on this year elections?

A party that heavily depends on rigging to win the past elections would sweat more. In another words, the results will be very close to the wills of the people. Because paths to manipulating this election have been made difficult.

Mr Aregbesola of Osun State has been calling on people to vote for him in the NAN election, in which they are favourably responding going by the scale of opposition decamping to ACN. If the love people have for this man now is anything to go by, PDP may be left with nothing after the election in the state.

In OYO state. I spent seven years here, with the ways the ruling government is handling the affairs of the state what will matter here is the weight of the aspirant not the party affliation, although this may have a very little impact. PDP will have to bend for ACN and ACCORD party in some areas. I don't see it carrying the day all-through.

Ogun state. Baba OBJ would want to make people feel his impact, but thanks to the facts that rigging has become difficult if this holds, PDP will come last here compare to oppositions party success in combination.

ONDO. I see LP on top while PDP and ACN would be toggling behind her.

EKITI. With the current crises rocking PDP and some aggrieved ACN members on selection of aspirant, I give ACN:PDP 70:30.

EKO. Everyone knows how it is usually goes. ACN will like to maintain status quo if not do better in this comming election.

Generally, I see PDP coming behind opposition combine together if free and fair election goes as promised.
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by fatherab1: 1:26pm On Apr 01, 2011
enyojo:

[size=13pt]Weldone Head Boy!

PAT UTOMI PROMISED TO 'SHUT DOWN ABUJA' BY SLASHING THE PAYS TO UNPRODUCTIVE APPOINTEES. THAT WAS THE GREATEST WORDS I HEARD IN 2011 DEBATES, BUT HE STEPPED DOWN AFTER SAYING THAT.[/size]

angry angry angry angry
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by fatherab1: 1:29pm On Apr 01, 2011
Weldone Head Boy!

PAT UTOMI PROMISED TO 'SHUT DOWN ABUJA' BY SLASHING THE PAYS TO UNPRODUCTIVE APPOINTEES. THAT WAS THE GREATEST WORDS I HEARD IN 2011 DEBATES, BUT HE STEPPED DOWN AFTER SAYING THAT.

Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by demola9: 2:30pm On Apr 01, 2011
i think it is time we vote out tinubu out the party.the only way fashola can work well.is if the house of assembly is divided into two .LP PARTY AND PDP
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by 1United1: 2:31pm On Apr 01, 2011
he NW, the PDP will win all the senatorial seats in  jigawa,kaduna,zamfara,kebbi,sokoto but may face problems little problems in katsina,kano. In the NE the PDP will also win well with an average of 2 senators/state even though yobe & borno are ANPP,the PDP has an over-bearing presence there and PDP is saying it will be able 2 stem the boko haram if voted in. In the NC, it will also be a field day 4 the PDP with pple like kure,akwashiki,aminu,saraki,ohize,smart etc but the real battle lies in benue btw the PDP & ACN, mark is bound 2 defeat onoja due 2 his laudable achievement in benue south, PDP's barnabas gemade is bound 2 beat ACN's akaagerger who is viewed as a political paper weigth but ACN's akume has an upper hand over PDP's terver who was his erstwhile god-son, also in kwara its btw oloyes ACPN & bukolas PDP, in the SW the ACN will most likely win all 3 seats, in ogun,the PDP will win atleast 2(iyabo,bajomo) seats if nt 3, leavin the PPN & ACN 2 very little, the PPN seems 2 be drawing all the attention away 4rm the ACN in ogun, if u ask me, the whole thing is OBJ's set up, in oyo, the PDP will pick all 3 seats as other candidates in other parties are less than formidable, in ondo, the ACN is docile and the battle 4 senate is btw LP & PDP, the PDP will win ondo south with agagu, bode olajumoke(PDP) is likely 2 win but the real problem is if gbenga ogunniya(PDP) will be a 2 contend with the overbearing presence of the LP in his district, moreso mimiko has 2 show that he's in control of the state, in osun, its btw ACN & PDP,while PDP has heavy weights like Oyinlola & omisore, the ACN is trying 2 make sure that omisore does nt return 2 d senate, as he's a ranking member and a chairman of a grade A comitee, and is tipped 2 become the nxt senate president if its zoned 2 the SW by the PDP, in ekiti the race is a show of mite as the ACN has 2 tell the world that it's in control, although the PDP is nt ruling, the ekiti pple are grateful 4 the fed uni given 2 them by the PDP govt. In the SS, the PDP will pick all the seats in a/ibom,c/river,delta,rivers,bayelsa but has the ACN 2 contend with in edo as the battle of supremacy bty oshiomhole and anenih is in the air, ehigie uzamere of the ACN will have 2 contend with daisy danjuma of the PDP who he defeated in 2007 at the PDP primaries. In the SE, comes the battle that all nigerians are waiting 4, it's btw Akunyili(APGA) & ngige(ACN), The battle is said 2 have great repercursion 4 the political relevance of ngige in anambra, as akunyili has an upper hand due 2 her party(APGA) and popularity where as pple think ngige is about 2 sell them out 2 d yorubas due 2 his party(ACN) affiliation, in anambra north, the candidate 2 beat is joy emordi(APGA) who will slug it out with PDP's magery okadigbo, in the south, PDP's Andy uba is dubbed 2 take the seat as the APGA candidate is less formidable, in imo, PDP is dubbed 2 pick up 2 seats but has a problem in imo west where udenwa is ACN's candidate, but PDP's hope uzodinma is hinging on udenwa's  lack of performance as governor, the PDP will coast 2 victory in ebonyi but will have some problems in enugu north where the PDC is presentin 4mr gov chimaroke & in abia(north) where the PPA is presenting 4mr gov kalu 2 contend with his erstwhile god-son chukwumerije(PDP) who he made senator, the candidates of the ACN recieved a major blow after tinubu made a controversial statement in abia in a rally where he said he had seen no development, immediately, the PDP media machinery in abia made a propaganda of it, linking tinubu & ACN candidates 2 Awo who had at one time escaped lynching in aba for making a statement about second-hand clothes.in the FCT, the contest is said 2 be won by anyone who won the PDP ticket in the primaries as most if not all opposition members from ANPP & CPC have decamped 2 the PDP sayin that only the PDP can deliver, kayode ajulo of the LP is less than formidable as he's does nt have grassroot support and the yoruba's dont have a strong presence in the FCT and the igbos are goin 2 kick against his ambition. All in all, the PDP will constitute the an overwhelming majority leaving the ACN,CPC&ANPP the minority role.

In your dream. Go and sit down ode. See your head
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 01, 2011
@aisha2-EXCELLENT thread you've started here. i hope everyone adheres to your rules.
Re: Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 by AlabaSlim: 3:00pm On Apr 01, 2011
I c Fee D Fee winin large sitz 2moro
certinli

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Man With $7M At MMIA / Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola / 10th NASS Leadership: APC Leaders Move To Douse Tension Over Sharing Formula

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.