Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,804 members, 7,817,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians (20624 Views)

Police Warns Nigerians Against Using New Viral Slogan 'No Gree For Anybody' -VID / Relief Disbursement Collation Form Is A Scam – FG Warns Nigerians / Man Warns Nigerians In Enugu: Stop Using My Picture To Scam Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Ishilove: 4:58pm On Jan 11, 2021
The National Identity Management Commission has warned the public to beware of a fake app that claims to help link the National Identity Number to SIM cards.

In a post on its Twitter handle, NIMC dissociated itself from the app saying it is run by fraudsters who use it to harvest people’s NIN and Bank Verification Number.

“The app was not created by NIMC or the Federal Government of Nigeria. It is run by fraudsters who are currently harvesting people’s NINs and BVNs by default,” NIMC said.

The Commission advised people to protect their data and stop disclosing personal information to unauthorised persons or platforms.

The PUNCH recently reported that a mobile app launched by NIMC can be used to link seven SIM cards to one NIN.

This is according to the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Pantami, who spoke during an interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today programme.

“We developed an app, when you go online, you will see it. That app, as long as you have your NIMC number, you will only download it without visiting any office. You will be able to link up to seven SIM numbers to only one. I have already downloaded the app, launched the app, and already linked some of my numbers immediately. This is part of digitalisation,” he said.
https://punchng.com/nin-beware-of-fake-app-nimc-warns-nigerians/?amp=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Ishilove: 5:00pm On Jan 11, 2021
Why are many Nigerians so despicably dubious? I bet the criminals behind this are having a field day harvesting people's data. Do we blame our incompetent government or our DNA encrypted proclivities for vice?

I on my own part have decided to manually link my SIM cards using short codes. I can't shout abeg

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Antibot5: 5:10pm On Jan 11, 2021
Ishilove:

“We developed an app, when you go online, you will see it. That app, as long as you have your NIMC number, you will only download it without visiting any office.

Lies.

You can't download your nin. Even to screenshot is a taboo angry

19 Likes

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by NwaNimo1(m): 5:10pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hushpuppi must have got hold of a smart phone in prison...

[img]https://media./images/ac5ecb53eda4d3011be648f4873987ac/tenor.gif[/img]

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Laxikenna: 5:10pm On Jan 11, 2021
Ok
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by thorpido(m): 5:10pm On Jan 11, 2021
Ishilove:
Why are many Nigerians so despicably dubious? I bet the criminals behind this are having a field day harvesting people's data. I on my own part have decided to manually link my SIM cards using short codes. I can't shout abeg
Fraud has become a way of life for many Nigerians.
Manually linking your NIN to your phone no is still the safer way to go.Many apps can't be trusted.

15 Likes

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by DeBest79: 5:11pm On Jan 11, 2021
Nawa o
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Favemmzar200(m): 5:11pm On Jan 11, 2021
Una papa stop warning us jhor
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by GetItDoneByPro: 5:11pm On Jan 11, 2021
Criminals everywhere

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Like

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
Be like say dem take being dubious swear for some people in this country.

Na everything dem go dey create counterfeit of ni?

Any small thing like this, u go don see some unfortunate bastards create fake of it.

And if dem eventually nab them, some people go still dey pity/defend dem.

Shior

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by obafemee80(m): 5:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
okay
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Commonguy(m): 5:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
is the app on Googleplay for Android users...?? cus this one that they're saying beware of scammers as if they never foresee this

1 Like

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by bhella10: 5:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
Later they will blame APC for their stupidity

1 Like

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by mamaafrik(m): 5:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
imagine thousand akant that will cry because of this fish brain organization
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by jababillions: 5:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
Lol

Working boys nor just get joy grin
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Sonnobax15(m): 5:13pm On Jan 11, 2021
Some people must still be victimized no matter how you warn Dem

1 Like

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Ishilove: 5:13pm On Jan 11, 2021
thorpido:
Fraud has become a way of life for many Nigerians.
Manually linking your NIN to your phone no is still the safer way to go.Many apps can't be trusted.
I never trusted this app thing from the outset because I know our criminally minded Nigerian brethren will find a way to cash in

2 Likes

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by seborrhic: 5:14pm On Jan 11, 2021
In as much as the fault lies with many Nigerians,an agency,some of these agencies too have fraudsters that help these fraudulent Nigerians.
They create applications that look like the real thing and lure unsuspecting Nigerians into their net.
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by IGoComotYaTeeth: 5:14pm On Jan 11, 2021
kennyflames:
cry

Me no get time for this rubbish

am still under pains that Bitcoin dn Drop undecided

chai embarassed embarassed
it will come back up na
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by adioolayi(m): 5:14pm On Jan 11, 2021
Your APP is not working...Gerrout!

9 Likes

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Lewisalexander(m): 5:14pm On Jan 11, 2021
Please when is the deadline for this nin? This nin is one pain in the ass undecided
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Austin4Jesus(m): 5:15pm On Jan 11, 2021
Beware of NIN Officials too.. we dey fear all of Una.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by kennyflames(m): 5:15pm On Jan 11, 2021
IGoComotYaTeeth:
it will come back up na

chai cry
i pray so
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Nwaezeson(m): 5:15pm On Jan 11, 2021
my advice to naira landers any app demanding your bvn or bank pin is completely fraud
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by GboyegaD(m): 5:16pm On Jan 11, 2021
They are exposing us since we are compelled to do this. The last time, it was BVN. They should get their acts together abeg.
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Lewisalexander(m): 5:16pm On Jan 11, 2021
bhella10:
Later they will blame APC for their stupidity

Ogu kill apc
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Enudapan: 5:16pm On Jan 11, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

I didn't even trust the accountability and credibility of these NIN

Just like BVN couldn't solve or reduce bank fraud and cyber crime (it even ended up triggering it)

3 Likes

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by bigdammyj: 5:16pm On Jan 11, 2021
Noted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NDLEA Freezes 600 Accounts, Seizes 249 Luxury Vehicles / Boy Set His Friend Ablaze Over Mobile Phone In Enugu / Robbers Cut Off UNIPORT Student's Finger (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.