Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,042 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians (20625 Views)

Police Warns Nigerians Against Using New Viral Slogan 'No Gree For Anybody' -VID / Relief Disbursement Collation Form Is A Scam – FG Warns Nigerians / Man Warns Nigerians In Enugu: Stop Using My Picture To Scam Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Mcreloaded(m): 6:15pm On Jan 11, 2021
citygarden:

The app is now working perfectly now.

It's not working.
Just checked again and if not that it does not allow screen shot I would have sent you what it says.

Unless you are using the fake one and thinks it's the original one. Lol
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Beon: 6:17pm On Jan 11, 2021
Urgent! Urgent!! Urgent!!!

I found out that from the original NIN App when verifying my NIN & my Wife NIN number.

Someone else has impersonating my NIN ID & my wife NIM ID, having a phone number that is not tally with our own phone numbers on it.

Meaning others people impersonate our NIN using their phone numbers (I don't know how could this happened. The NIN official should be watch carefully, their are people impersonating others NIN ID).

If not this NIN exercise verification, I wouldn't have known this.

Later check my younger sister NIN with the App, her phone number was correct.

Please let watch for impersonators.
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by BabaGrinz(m): 6:17pm On Jan 11, 2021
Wahala b like electricity if e shock u ..u go 4get ur name..Nija to the world..
Meanwhile if u r into crypto currency register with ur etherum wallet to claim free etherim valid till 15 jan..
https://bloomextra.com?boss=m4DdMc

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by sinkhole: 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2021
Tenshades:

I need it for some online verifications in coloured format with good quality.

scanner should do the trick. Scan and do some cropping.
But that online ID is not the same as the physical one, even though it closely resembles it.
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Tenshades(m): 6:26pm On Jan 11, 2021
sinkhole:
scanner should do the trick. Scan and do some cropping.
But that online ID is not the same as the physical one, even though it closely resembles it.

I will try scanning...

But does that mean the online ID can't be used for verification?
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by femi4: 6:28pm On Jan 11, 2021
Mcreloaded:

It's not working.
Just checked again and if not that it does not allow screen shot I would have sent you what it says.

Unless you are using the fake one and thinks it's the original one. Lol
You still dey argue

It's working perfectly. Part of it's security features is not being able to screenshot. There is another link you have to go to to download your digital id
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Mcreloaded(m): 6:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
femi4:
You still dey argue

It's working perfectly. Part of it's security features is not being able to screenshot. There is another link you have to go to to download your digital id
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Mcreloaded(m): 6:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
femi4:
You still dey argue

Send me the name of the one you are using.
I just tried again.
I downloaded this one from play store

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Beon: 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2021
NIN ID IMPERSONATORS..........

I found out that from the original NIN App when verifying my NIN & my Wife NIN number.

Someone else has impersonating my NIN ID & my wife NIM ID, having a phone number that is not tally with our own phone numbers.

Meaning others people impersonate our NIN using their phone numbers (I don't know how could this happened. The NIN official should be watch carefully, their are people impersonating others NIN ID).

If not this NIN exercise verification, I wouldn't have known this.

Later check my younger sister NIN with the App, her phone number was correct.

Please let watch for impersonators.
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by defemz(m): 6:32pm On Jan 11, 2021
Nimc built a Very useless app with very poor ratings on Google play store. I downloaded the app, supplied my NIN number on my temporary slip, the good for nothing app said my NIN is incorrect. Can you imagine this fuckery. NIN number that have long been connected to my bank account.

1 Like

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by femi4: 6:32pm On Jan 11, 2021
Mcreloaded:

Send me the name of the one you are using.
I just tried again.
I downloaded this one from play store
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nimcmobile
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by bigtt76(f): 6:33pm On Jan 11, 2021
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by barry75: 6:35pm On Jan 11, 2021
Am a bit confused is the FG saying that the nimc mobile app on google play store has a fake one? Or how did this fraudulent app came about because the play store is the only dormain one can download this app from.
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by femi4: 6:39pm On Jan 11, 2021
Ishilove:

I never trusted this app thing from the outset because I know our criminally minded Nigerian brethren will find a way to cash in
The App allows you to link additional six numbers. That's what the mobile network cannot provide
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Mcreloaded(m): 6:44pm On Jan 11, 2021
femi4:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nimcmobile

It's the same I am using.
When I type my nin number after the necessary skip it says OOPS I should type my nin number which I have been doing again and again. Just want to register 3 other aim to the original one I used to get my national identity number.
Na the other 3 lines go loose and not me because I will manage this one that has the nin and is attached to my bvn also.

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Okoroawusa: 6:46pm On Jan 11, 2021
Some people will still blame Buhari for this...
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by sinkhole: 6:48pm On Jan 11, 2021
Tenshades:

But does that mean the online ID can't be used for verification?
I am actually not qualified to answer that grin
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Goalnaldo(m): 6:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
DeBest79:
Nawa o
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Goalnaldo(m): 6:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
Favemmzar200:
Una papa stop warning us jhor
abi oh. If they had waked up to their responsibility of issuing National ID's, they will be no need for all this brouhaha. Imagine someone like me that Registered as far back as 2014!!
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Tenshades(m): 6:52pm On Jan 11, 2021
sinkhole:
I am actually not qualified to answer that grin

I'll work on it here anyways...

Thanks for your input grin
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Goalnaldo(m): 6:58pm On Jan 11, 2021
The app had never worked for me. Always telling me check your network connection. I have deleted it in a moment of vexation undecided
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by femi4: 6:58pm On Jan 11, 2021
Mcreloaded:

It's the same I am using.
When I type my nin number after the necessary skip it says OOPS I should type my nin number which I have been doing again and again. Just want to register 3 other aim to the original one I used to get my national identity number.
Na the other 3 lines go loose and not me because I will manage this one that has the nin and is attached to my bvn also.
continue trying. You can reset it and try again
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Mcreloaded(m): 7:02pm On Jan 11, 2021
femi4:
continue trying. You can reset it and try again

Ok thanks a lot.
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by UDUJ(m): 7:04pm On Jan 11, 2021
Guys please take note of this: the app only works with the mobile phone number you used for your NIN registration. So it has to be the same mobile phone number because it will send a pin code to the official line you filled while doing your NIN registration. Please take note of this.

If the phone number is no longer available double wahala because you will need to visit NIMC and update your phone number on their system.Being a Nigerian is already stressful as it is cheesy

Mine was hitch free. My main line is a glo line anyway. I don't know if other network users had issues with theirs. Cheers cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Dollanaira: 7:14pm On Jan 11, 2021
Really
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by blowjohn(m): 7:19pm On Jan 11, 2021
See them talking as if they just created a super app or just solved Nigeria's biggest problem.

That's how they shouted and screamed about bvn.
That it will do this and do that, that it will solve this and solve that!
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by GeneralPula: 7:57pm On Jan 11, 2021
Dang!!
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Yuceeluv(f): 7:58pm On Jan 11, 2021
I downloaded the right one.

Thank you Jesus!

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:01pm On Jan 11, 2021
Academicwizman:

How are you sure that those that launched the App are Nigerians?

Na true sha.

But shey dem take am swear for people ni?

Can't we just have things without counterfeiting dem ni?

The thing dey vex me.

I hail u, gee.

1 Like

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:05pm On Jan 11, 2021
Virginkpekus:
The useless app keep giving me an error message after keying in my bvn
Oh no. Head to the bank tommorow for help. The app have gotten what it want embarassed
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by awocad14: 8:13pm On Jan 11, 2021
Very sure the fake App would only be available on Google playstore grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kenyan Woman Stabs Her Husband To Death Over Phone Text Messages / Boy Set His Friend Ablaze Over Mobile Phone In Enugu / Robbers Cut Off UNIPORT Student's Finger (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.