Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians (20613 Views)

Police Warns Nigerians Against Using New Viral Slogan 'No Gree For Anybody' -VID / Relief Disbursement Collation Form Is A Scam – FG Warns Nigerians / Man Warns Nigerians In Enugu: Stop Using My Picture To Scam Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Ishilove: 8:33pm On Jan 11, 2021
UDUJ:

BVN? Haaaaa the real app doesn't ask for your BVN o shocked

Please tell me you are joking undecided

If you really got an app asking for your BVN please rush down to your bank tomorrow as fast as possible. Then call your bank's 24 hours customer care lines right now. Unless you are just joking.
I was wondering why the app will be asking for BVN
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by citygarden(m): 8:59pm On Jan 11, 2021
I still use it this morning to register my sim and it working perfectly.

Mcreloaded:

It's not working.
Just checked again and if not that it does not allow screen shot I would have sent you what it says.

Unless you are using the fake one and thinks it's the original one. Lol
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by mekuxiani(m): 9:08pm On Jan 11, 2021

1 Like

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by AllforGod1: 9:41pm On Jan 11, 2021
We are absolutely our own problem.

1 Like

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Mcreloaded(m): 10:11pm On Jan 11, 2021
citygarden:

If that's the case let me uninstall it and install it back and try again
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Naijaarchive(m): 11:36pm On Jan 11, 2021
kennyflames:

chai cry
i pray so

It's not only bitcoin o.. Everything is currently at falling... Was hoping it will rise today as per say na Monday bt it keeps going down... I can't dare sell... We die there
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Naijaarchive(m): 11:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
This report is confusing... NIMC don't need to disassociate itself cos they truly released an application... All they need to do is clarify the difference between the original and the fake... Amateurs... The original doesn't ask for BVN only your NIN for authentication and generation of unique ID which won't change even if you login on another phone... And yes the original supports adding up to 6-7 numbers
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by OBIPLUS(m): 11:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
The app itself not working, also try learn how to identify real app and contents online.
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Favemmzar200(m): 9:13am On Jan 12, 2021
Goalnaldo:
abi oh. If they had waked up to their responsibility of issuing National ID's, they will be no need for all this brouhaha. Imagine someone like me that Registered as far back as 2014!!
and u haven't gotten your plastic Id self
.I heard u need someone there if u want it quick
Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Mcreloaded(m): 5:16pm On Jan 19, 2021
citygarden:

Thanks man I just tried it and I was able to log in and register all my sim.

Imagine the 3 lines I registered through typing code on my MTN and AIRTEL , I was told it was successful but when I logged in to the app just now the lines I used code to register were not there.

All these registration through network codes are not working and this will put many people at a disadvantage thinking they have registered.
Registration through the app is the way to go

1 Like

Re: NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians by Ageless05(f): 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2021
:'
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

I didn't even trust the accountability and credibility of these NIN

Just like BVN couldn't solve or reduce bank fraud and cyber crime (it even ended up triggering it)

So disheartening

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zayyan Gwandu Killed In Plateau State (Haliru Gwandu Abubakar's Son) / Woman Who Conspired With Former In-laws To Kill New Husband In Kebbi Arrested / Tourism Consultants Arrested On Ini Edo’s Order, Regain Their Freedom(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.