Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Paying Tithe Without Health Insurance, Investments & Personal House Is Gambling - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paying Tithe Without Health Insurance, Investments & Personal House Is Gambling (280 Views)

Is Gambling A Sin? / Man Kicked Out Of Anglican Church In Warri For 'Not Paying Tithe, Dressing Well' / How Can I Pay My Tithe Without Going To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paying Tithe Without Health Insurance, Investments & Personal House Is Gambling by Katlyst(m): 5:11pm On Jan 11, 2021
The desire of Nigerians to travel abroad (eg. Canada) is receiving great attention.
No thanks to our unfriendly atmosphere due to insecurity, poverty, inadequate healthcare, epileptic power supply and unemployment.

We try to blame only our political leaders and leave out our religious leaders (touch not!). We fail to acknowledge that these politicians seek endorsement from them.

Despite our religiosity, we are very eager to travel to less religious but advanced countries. It is even embarrassing to the extent of sharing emigration testimonies.
Canadians developed Canada, who will develop ours?

We cannot leave everything to government alone.
How many of us can boast of health insurance in case of health complications? Are we not tired of having more worship centers than hospitals, factories etc.
If our religious leaders will also invest heavily in manufacturing and healthcare sectors, maybe unemployment rate and avoidable deaths will reduce.

In the bible, it was convenient for the farmers to bring in Tithe at end of harvest.
They don't think about house rent, nepa bill, school fees and other responsibilities.
I am not against paying of tithe, if you can afford it, but make sure you have a personal property, profitable investments and health insurance.

Be a cheerful giver, not out of intimidation, compulsion or expectation.
Re: Paying Tithe Without Health Insurance, Investments & Personal House Is Gambling by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:18pm On Jan 11, 2021
It's outright idolatry! undecided

Faith is the assured expectation of what you're hoping to get while your FINE WORKS shows your seriousness! Hebrew 11:1

But when you're not WORKING towards your faith then you're not different from idolaters who are expecting their God to come and put fried fish in their mouths! smiley

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithe Without Health Insurance, Investments & Personal House Is Gambling by Katlyst(m): 6:40pm On Jan 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
It's outright idolatry! undecided

Faith is the assured expectation of what you're hoping to get while your FINE WORKS shows your seriousness! Hebrew 11:1

But when you're not WORKING towards your faith then you're not different from idolaters who are expecting their God to come and put fried fish in their mouths! smiley

Re: Paying Tithe Without Health Insurance, Investments & Personal House Is Gambling by Katlyst(m): 6:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
Deuteronomy 14:28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:

14:29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.
Re: Paying Tithe Without Health Insurance, Investments & Personal House Is Gambling by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
This is the covenant between God and the nation of Israel through Moses, it has nothing to do with the new covenant God made with Christians through Christ Jesus! Hebrew 7:11-12 smiley

Katlyst:

Deuteronomy 14:28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:

14:29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithe Without Health Insurance, Investments & Personal House Is Gambling by Katlyst(m): 6:51pm On Jan 11, 2021
I hope our religious leaders will start preaching the truth without personal interests.

The people that developed countries that we are rushing to were selfless, accountable and visionary.
Re: Paying Tithe Without Health Insurance, Investments & Personal House Is Gambling by Katlyst(m): 7:00pm On Jan 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
This is the covenant between God and the nation of Israel through Moses, it has nothing to do with the new covenant God made with Christians through Christ Jesus! Hebrew 7:11-12 smiley

Yes, I know.
If we practised it according to biblical perspective, we won't be poverty capital.
Unfortunately, tithe payers are told to direct payment only to religious center.

I encourage charity above tithing.
You will see part of scriptures like...... 10% of my wealth I give to the poor.
Re: Paying Tithe Without Health Insurance, Investments & Personal House Is Gambling by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:05pm On Jan 11, 2021
It's not possible to practice it according to biblical perspective because you're not living in a nation that's doing things according to biblical perspective. Back then what you quoted was the law given to Israel as a nation, today there's no country on this planet that's fully under that law today!

So it's impossible! undecided

Katlyst:

Yes, I know.
If we practised it according to biblical perspective, we won't be poverty capital.
Unfortunately, tithe payers are told to direct payment only to religious center.
Re: Paying Tithe Without Health Insurance, Investments & Personal House Is Gambling by Katlyst(m): 7:10pm On Jan 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
It's not possible to practice it according to biblical perspective because you're not living in a nation that's doing things according to biblical perspective. Back then what you quoted was the law given to Israel as a nation, today there's no country on this planet that's fully under that law today!

So it's impossible! undecided

The scope is the church and not entire country (multi-religious).
The we in my post refers to Christians.
Re: Paying Tithe Without Health Insurance, Investments & Personal House Is Gambling by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:17pm On Jan 11, 2021
CHRISTIANS weren't asked to practice tithing in the Bible so it will not work in any church rather it will curse confusion since it's not written there is no guidance as to how it's to be utilized! smiley

Katlyst:

The scope is the church and not entire country (multi-religious).
The we in my post refers to Christians.
Re: Paying Tithe Without Health Insurance, Investments & Personal House Is Gambling by Katlyst(m): 7:31pm On Jan 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
CHRISTIANS weren't asked to practice tithing in the Bible so it will not work in any church rather it will curse confusion since it's not written there is no guidance as to how it's to be utilized! smiley

Naturally, we can't dictate how Christians should spend their money.
I just implore the religious leaders to redistribute most of it to poor & vulnerable people within the fold.
Re: Paying Tithe Without Health Insurance, Investments & Personal House Is Gambling by OkCornel(m): 11:00pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hypocrisy is when you claim “tithing works for me, and the windows of heaven are open bla bla bla”, but at the same time complain how tough things are in Naija cheesy

Religious zealots wey dey deceive themselves steady cheesy

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithe Without Health Insurance, Investments & Personal House Is Gambling by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:32pm On Jan 11, 2021
God's word says no addition and no subtraction! in Christianity they didn't practice tithing so initiating it can never work out anything good because God's Holy Spirit will not support it, that's why those trying to practice it are falling into one problem or the other.
God did not ask Christians to practice it so it will never work! smiley

Katlyst:

Naturally, we can't dictate how Christians should spend their money.
I just implore the religious leaders to redistribute most of it to poor & vulnerable people within the fold.
Re: Paying Tithe Without Health Insurance, Investments & Personal House Is Gambling by Katlyst(m): 11:38pm On Jan 14, 2021
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2021/1/34-year-old-man-commits-suicide-in-delta-graphic-photos.html

What deposit of #170K for medical treatment can cause.

Try health insurance from private hospitals if you don't trust government hospitals.

(1) (Reply)

The Temptations Of Osinbajo - Christiangospel TV / Ancient Truth / Is There A Pidgin Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.