Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,970 members, 7,810,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

My Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Business (7708 Views)

Mike Adenuga: "How I Started My Business Empire By Selling Car Stereos In 1974" / ”I Started My Business With N5,000, I Now Have 5 Bedroom Mansion In Lagos"- Lady / This Is Incredible!!! It Is Working For My Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Business by Oyindamolah: 7:59pm On Jan 11, 2021
Good evening,

I will be shop haunting tomorrow, the business is food business.

I will also be investing US stock market.

1 Like

Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 6:29pm On Jan 16, 2021
INVESTING 101

I realise many people want to invest but do not understand what the stock market is or how investing works. I have written this series of articles to try and walk them through the birth of companies and what the stock market actually is... Hold my hand as we embark on this journey together!

PART 1
Sandra is an animal scientist who has had many year experience running a poultry farm. She decides that opening her own poultry farm would be a step in the right direction.

She checked her bank account and saw she had managed to save N200,000. Hurray! This would be just enough to rent a farm, buy 100 day old broilers, buy their feed, vaccinate them and cover all her expenses.

She sets out, rents the farm, buys the birds and raises them to maturity. Luckily, they mature just in time for the festive season. Her chickens are a big hit and are all sold. She makes a 50% profit on her 200 thousand naira investment.

She decides to repeat the cycle. This time she aims to raise 300 birds. Realising her 300 thousand naira would not cover the cost of raising 300 broilers to maturity, she approaches friends, family members, church members etc for a loan. She raises 200 thousand more which gives her a total of 500 thousand naira capital.

The advantage of this source of funds is its free (usually no interest) while the disadvantage is that it can only raise small amounts of money (except Dangote or Bill Gates is your uncle).

She uses this capital and successfully raised the 300 birds. Business is going fine. Proceeds of sales are coming in steadily. She pays off all her loans from friends and family. She opens a bank account for the business and registers the company.

Demand for her high quality birds steadily increases. She is now raising 1000 birds and selling them faster than she can raise them. The busi ess is begging for expansion. She is left with 2 Broad options to finance the growth of her company.

Firstly, she can approach her bank and secure a loan. The bank can track her cash flows, see her track record, calculate what interest she can afford and facilitate the loan. Advantages of this route is that she retains 100% ownership of her company while the disadvantage is that she has to repay the loan and interest.

Second option available to her includes inviting people to partner with her in the business. They can give her the fu ds she needs to grow. In return, her investors get a percentage ownership of the business and have the right to share in the company's profits or loss...

The advantage of this is that funds to grow the business is available for free (no interest payment) while the disadvantage is that she has to give up some percentage of ownership in her fledging company.

LESSONS YOU SHOULD HAVE LEARNT SO FAR
1. Most businesses are started by people who have a technical know-how about that line of business.

2. Growing a business requires hard work, patience and capital (Emphasis is on "growing a business").

3. Capital can be sourced from personal savings, soft loans from friends and family, loan from a financial institution or by selling equity in the business.

Ajibola Awolowo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 8:03pm On Jan 18, 2021
INVESTING 101
PART 3

With his hands firmly clutching the handle of his golf club and his feet planted steadily on the luscious green of the golf course, he took a swing at the golf ball. It was a good shot. The ball landed quite close to the flag, just where he wanted it. Life was good!

At 67, Chike had a life others could only dream of. He was now retired from public service and fully committed to loving his wife. He virtually did not have a care in this world.

All his kids were out of school and doing well for themselves. He had all the time in the world and he intended to make up for all the years that he had spent toiling in paid employment. His new hobby, golf, was a way for him to keep fit.

He had gotten his gratuity from the government and had initially been at a loss for what to do with it. At this stage of his life, the return of his investment (safety of his gratuity) was much more important to him than the return on his investment (profit or yield).

A friend had recommended he buys shares in Sandra Farms which was a new, fast growing company. He liked the idea but he did not think buying stocks was right for him at this point in his life.

Stock prices could be quite volatile and volatility was not something he welcomed at this stage of his life. What he needed was a steady cash flow from his investments. Cash flow that was enough to meet all his needs while preserving his capital.

Even though he liked the story behind Sandra Farms and loved their financial numbers, he knew buying the shares was not right for him presently. He could not take the risk presently as he no longer had a regular income to fall back on should things go south.

In the end, he settled for a mix of federal government bonds and treasury bills. On short notice, he could sell the treasury bills if he needed cash while  the yield from the bonds/ treasury bill mix was enough to meet all his expenses.

Though the return on his investment was considerably lower than they could be if he had invested in stocks, he could rest assured that his principal/ capital was safe and secured. The return of his capital was almost 100% guaranteed.

The proceeds from his investments were enough to pay for his mortgage, cater for the health needs of his family, pay for their annual vacation and of course, pay the membership fees at the golf club.

With a smile on his face and an assurance of a good life ahead, he sank the ball into the hole. Game Over!

LESSONS YOU SHOULD HAVE LEARNT
1. Investing in shares might not be right for everyone due to variance in individual risk tolerance. If you are in doubt, speak to your financial adviser.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 11:21pm On Jan 26, 2021
Dabbled into the US stock market and it been fun all through.

Yes I got my shop today and hopefully we wbe starting business next month.

Please if you decided to invest in us stock market please use the link on my signature we both get 5000 shares of either GTBank or Dangote Sugar

1 Like

Re: My Business by chunkuli: 11:24pm On Jan 27, 2021
good to know. please lets know the stock you are buying. it will add flavour to your page and the experience
Oyindamolah:

Re: My Business by Chigorkizz(m): 10:18am On Jan 28, 2021
Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 1:32pm On Jan 28, 2021
NAKD AND NOK
chunkuli:
good to know. please lets know the stock you are buying. it will add flavour to your page and the experience
Re: My Business by RoddyStan: 8:38pm On Jan 29, 2021
Oyindamolah:

which platform are you using?
Bamboo?

1 Like

Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 8:06am On Jan 30, 2021
RoddyStan:
which platform are you using? Bamboo?
Trove
Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 12:05pm On Feb 08, 2021
It been one crazy week

I have purchased my Fridge
Shop rented
iT HAS NOT BEEN EASY
us stock market opens today

1 Like

Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 2:33pm On Feb 08, 2021
The school system is broken.⁠

Or well not really.⁠

It's doing exactly what it’s designed to do.⁠

The problem is that what is it designed to do isn’t very good.⁠

And it's less valuable than ever.⁠

Our current school system was set up in the late 1800's to meet our industrial economy.⁠

The schools believed in a model of education where one mold fits all.⁠

This is no longer the case though, as we now live in a post-industrial economy and a rapidly globalizing world.⁠

Thoughts? �⁠

1 Like

Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 2:35pm On Feb 08, 2021
Avoid These Money Traps
-These are some things you need to avoid if you want to keep your money
-Expensive cars, they can be awesome and make you feel good temporarily because of the look but is a really bad financial decision.
-Expensive houses, these are a waste of money as well, houses are not an investment unless you sell them but if you plan to live in them, don't think you are doing good things with your money.
-Credit Card Fees, these are TOTALLY a waste of your money

1 Like

Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 2:53pm On Feb 08, 2021
Lesson From Monopoly
-Monopoly taught you that the winners owned properties. They also need to have cash available in case an opportunity comes up.
-They also make us be patient, and the most expensive asset is not the best.
-The focus in cashflow, always have some cash, location matters a lot, the location of your assets. Diversity investments.

2 Likes

Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 2:57pm On Feb 08, 2021
When you are thinking about if you should invest, read this first �
-Before you start investing it is 100% necessary to have an emergency fund, because unexpected things can happen.
-If you are in debt, don’t think about investing! Pay off your debt first!
-You don’t want to invest your money into the market just to be forced to withdraw it with a loss because you had an unexpected bill coming in...
-If you want that your money works for you, be smart and carful with it.

1 Like

Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 3:08pm On Feb 08, 2021
The most important rules to follow in personal finance:

• live below your means - spend less than you earn
• don’t spend to impress - the goal is to be rich, not look ‘rich’
• make your money work for you - invest your money in assets that pay you to own them
Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 3:18pm On Feb 08, 2021
Options trading Watchlist for beginners (February 2021)

-AMD
-AAPL
-FB
-BA
-WMT
-DIS
-BAC
-MSFT
-PYPL
-CRM
-AMZN
-TSLA
-CVS
-CAT

1 Like

Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 5:35pm On Feb 09, 2021
Good afternoon
Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 9:03pm On Feb 09, 2021
I learnt the s today

LAST:
L—listen
A—Appologies
S—Solve the issue
T—Thank the customer.

This is how I will attend to my customers

2 Likes

Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 9:30am On Feb 23, 2021
Create multiple income streams.⁠

And as you do it, try to spend as little as possible.⁠

And IF you do spend.⁠

Spend it on experiences rather than materialistic stuff that’ll weigh you down like expensive cars, jewelry & other liabilities.⁣⁠

2 Likes

Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 10:43am On Feb 23, 2021
Time is your most valuable asset. Use it wisely to shape the future you desire!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 11:42am On Feb 25, 2021
Movement is the key to a better life. Lack of movement is key to a harder life.
------------------
You Are Your Biggest Supporter! Act Like It.

1 Like

Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 11:49am On Feb 25, 2021
2 statements you should avoid if you want to progress:

‘What will people say’

‘See your mate’

Never tolerate those statements from anyone, even your parents (especially mothers in polygamous homes). You are who God says and you have no mate!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 12:03pm On Feb 25, 2021
february9 Welcome to the club

Agritech is no what it used to be again. If you interested in STocks use my signature to register.
Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 3:28pm On Feb 28, 2021
It's been a crazy months. The month of red in the US stock market.

Well business has been doing good and with the recent announcement of Meat sellers strike, it will be a profitable week pending when they call off their strike.
Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 9:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
Thank you!
Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 12:50am On Mar 01, 2021
Happy new month
Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 11:50am On Mar 02, 2021
Trust and respect the process.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Know it’s always left out on social media, but your financial journey is a process.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Getting ahead financially isn’t a “hack”. It’s a series of intelligent decisions made over and over and over again while focusing on what is relevant to you and only you.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Investing is an asset accumulation and asset allocation game. You can’t skip steps.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The beauty of compound interest is that once you reach a certain point, your assets start working for you.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
But you can’t get to that point if you’re trying to skip steps.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Be patient with the capital markets but move with a purpose when it comes to the things you CAN control:
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Improving your cash flow, aggressively accumulating assets, making sure your investment mix is appropriate relative to your goals & personal preferences.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Respect and dominate the process. The rest will take care of itself
Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 1:18pm On Mar 02, 2021
N25,000,000 per year = N68,500 per day

Seem hard? Think of it this way

68,500 / 4 income streams = N17,125 per day.

Multiple sources of income are necessary if you want financial independence & freedom.

Now try this

$137 per day x 4 income streams = $536 per day
$195,640 per year
White heavy check mark

3 Likes

Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 8:51am On Mar 09, 2021
Good morning made some few profit with this meat strike thing cheesy
Re: My Business by Oyindamolah: 9:01am On Mar 09, 2021
Your children can’t inherit your job but they can inherit your knowledge, your, business, stocks, and your real estate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Learn How To Produce Different Types Of Quality Car And Marine [ship] Paints / A Business That Can Fetch Me Money Fast-fast / Nigeria Spends $1 Billion On Outsourcing Yearly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.