Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter (11734 Views)

Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? / Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by yungeorge(m): 8:05am On Apr 01, 2011
I wont cast blame on him,cos d nff has neva bin caring rember d case of udeze,he got injured on assignmt 4 naija and was abandond and d club he playd 4 den was d 1 respnsible 4 d treatmnt,same apply to sme oda play in d past,so lets try to be considerate to a player like dis wen dy react like diz nt supporting him in this though.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by lionshare: 8:19am On Apr 01, 2011
well my take on this: Osaze shouldn't have made this known to the public as it will encourage bad blood, there is always a place of dialogue in conflict resolution!
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by JaaizTech: 8:30am On Apr 01, 2011
I have watched one of Siasia's training sessions, He addressed the players with litle respect and I guess that is what He is doing with the senior team too, and perhaps the players don't like it. But that is no excuse for Osaze to do this in public. Lastly, you know what from my experience Nigerians usually need a no nonsense manager that flogs people into line, rather than one that listens and is all welcoming.

I hope Siasia's methods work sha.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by wesley08(m): 8:57am On Apr 01, 2011
I dont blame the chap sha.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by ragdollz: 9:08am On Apr 01, 2011
Haven't you guys heard of youthful exuberance grin?? yeah osaze should have been more discreet, twitter is the LAST place u should be airing ur annoyances, save it for your diary tongue. Meanwhile Siasia should find better ways to relate with his players, cos respect is earned not demanded.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by thompsons: 9:25am On Apr 01, 2011
He is getting proud and i tell you he is nothing so special.We can do without him,
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by babyboy3(m): 10:02am On Apr 01, 2011
Never heard from so many bunch of Hypocrites>>>>

Last July when Osase launch a similar attack on Lagerback or whatever he is called,

People here supported him, Yeah only in the Nigerian camp let him do it to Roy Hugson at West Brom and see what would happen to him
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by perragy(m): 10:07am On Apr 01, 2011
thompsons:

He is getting proud and i tell you he is nothing so special.We can do without him,

Why are many of you talking like this? this guy has been giving his best and doing many things for super eagles, we talk with little memories and forgetting the past. jay jay okocha gave his best for eagles and later people started calling him a tired leg, now before the world cup in south africa they started yearning for his comeback.

now, if osaze is having problems with siasia, we shouldn't talke because they know what they go through in the camp and training pitch than any of us here online. let him say it as it is, coach siasia sef, the guy has too much beef on players.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 01, 2011
What went through his mind, when he turned on his computer, and typed www.twitter.com; he was to make the world know; that e don try sef. But the coach get beaf.

Osaze, remember, all your goods will be forgotten with one wrong word on twitter, keep the gossip out of the net, the world watches you.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by perragy(m): 10:11am On Apr 01, 2011
baby-boy:

Never heard from so many bunch of Hypocrites>>>>

Last July when Osase launch a similar attack on Lagerback or whatever he is called,

People here supported him,  Yeah only in the Nigerian camp let him do it to Roy Hugson at West Brom and see what would happen to him

Roy hogson is nothing to be compared with siasia. Hogson is well-behaved and has much respect for players feelings. remember respect is reciprocal, and they earn it all the time.  Siasia has too much beef on players.  why didnt it happen in the days of christian chukwu? etc.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 01, 2011
It aint ideal of Peter Lashing at Siasia no matter the circumstance, but from a perspection he might be making a point for himself atleast to contradict the poster's headline undecided
But Er Nigerians, una don already begin bisect and criticize the Lad wivout much proofs! Nawaa o for una like to say na him be the first to tweet a humpy rant against his manager - Nigerians [English mentality]

And whatz bout GEJ in the Yarn?? Tot u guys are don wiv this una Political Tribalistic Nonsence? S~M~H
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by Esinwaju: 10:37am On Apr 01, 2011
These two do have a history, anyone remember Beijing 2008 olympics? There were reports of misunderstanding between the two and Osaze made some rather uncomplimentary remarks about Sia1 prior to his appointment as coach of the super eagles. Apparently these two are still begrudging each other and that is not healthy for the team especially now that a rebuilding process is going on. Osaze definitely realized his folly afterwards, that would explain why he deleted the tweet.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by sley4life(m): 10:40am On Apr 01, 2011
Osaze shud keep shut. He's very loose. Maybe he would have pasted such on his fb page
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by Esinwaju: 10:48am On Apr 01, 2011
perragy:

Roy hogson is nothing to be compared with siasia. Hogson is well-behaved and has much respect for players feelings. remember respect is reciprocal, and they earn it all the time.  Siasia has too much beef on players. [b] why didnt it happen in the days of christian chukwu? etc.
[/b]Because Christian Chukwu never had control of the eagles dressing room from day 1.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by adebayo6(m): 10:50am On Apr 01, 2011
why is all England players rude? angry is not like dis when he was in France
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by Intrepid1(m): 11:03am On Apr 01, 2011
One sentence from Osaze and all you jokers have started sharpening the knives! Do you know what made him tweet what he did? All of you should shut up with all your baseless allegations about Osaze being haughty. Does he not honour every National team call-up? Is he not usually one of the first to arrive? Does he not play his heart out every time he dons the Super Eagles jersey? Mikel that thumbs his nose down at Nigeria nko? Una no kill am, na Osaze una wan kill! You fatuous animals should shut up with all your venomous accusations!
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by centrica: 11:08am On Apr 01, 2011
passygong, are you a prophet of doom, if somebody is doing well let appreciate him not to pull him down, osaze should go and learn on how to manage issues in a mature manner so that he can last on the stage, you know sia 1 is a serious minded person, and any player that want to work with him must be up and doing, i wish sia1 best of luck on his neww job, one naija
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by villa2: 11:17am On Apr 01, 2011
pls siasia drop him his not responsible by the way he is not complete nigeria so show him that his no body fool foreiner.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by Freiburger(m): 11:29am On Apr 01, 2011
So Nigeria senior players should be treated differently. rubbish.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 01, 2011
villa2:

pls siasia drop him his not responsible by the way he is not complete nigeria so show him that his no body fool foreiner.

Hey the way u're ranting got me thinking twice

- If u had anytime In ur life watched Osazie Play Or . . .
- If u've got a personal grudge against the Lad undecided
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by 3kay945(m): 11:56am On Apr 01, 2011
intelligent may take you to the top but it takes character to keep you there. odewinge should watch it,  atleast not this time that siasai is making wave. nigerians will believe siasia more if they are to lay down their argument.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by thomas(m): 12:03pm On Apr 01, 2011
villa2:

That is the most patriotic Nigerian footballer we have seen of lately, and illiterates that can't spell the word foreigner like villa2 should keep their racist opinion to themselves, of course Siasia's selection of players today look like he is not acting on his own the way we use to know him to.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 01, 2011
^ Candid Opinion, Nice Poster
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by proproman(m): 12:48pm On Apr 01, 2011
nigerians have got to be the moat hypocritical set of people in the world. it is really suprising how osaze has gone from being "the spine of the super eagles" to "a worthless player", "without talent", "not special"and "undeserving of wearing Nigeria's jersey". against ethiopia, when nsofor was shooting the ball at everything except the goal post, weren't some of you here calling for osaze to be subbed in? now he's a useless player we can do without.

i agree, twitter isn't the best place to air your views but we don't know the details of what transpired and how strongly osaze might have felt about it. yet everyone feels they must run their mouths here. if you have at one time hailed him as a good player then come around here to call him wortless, then i suggest you check yourself for serious hypocrisy.

na wa for una o. no wonder our dual nationals choose to play for other countries as they know the nigerian kind of appreciation and support. i no dey blame agbonlahor again. na wa o!
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 01, 2011
^ Dont have to blame them, Nairaland gave them the Guts!
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by Mutiana: 1:29pm On Apr 01, 2011
Dude Should go and ask Mikel Obi, He was also on a high horse, him eye come clear now!
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by Iyineda(m): 1:46pm On Apr 01, 2011
Osaze will be back and redeem himself from his unfortunate and hasty statement. wink
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by distinkt1(m): 1:52pm On Apr 01, 2011
Y'al forget dz guys are humans too!they get blown over smtymz na.quit wt d blabbin abeq,osaze chow on
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by newguy1(m): 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2011
twitter is meant 4expressing 1ns thot.osaze was wrong 4 twitting dat statement but u guy no he is consistence at least answer every national call duties without giving one silly excuse
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by olaadegoke(m): 2:29pm On Apr 01, 2011
The real story behind the Osaze/Siasia tiff  https://sites.google.com/site/gidigenius/   shocked  shocked  shocked
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by Xfactoria: 3:25pm On Apr 01, 2011
Many of you guys just don't get it.

THIS GUY IS BECOMING ANNOYINGLY ARROGANT. He said this "Preferred not to play" which means he knew he could play but chose not to. Which means he knows the Coach and the medical team will pass him fit to play but he just doesn't want to play (chosing which match to play) because he envisaged "an empty stadium". And that also means he felt the match is not the type "Senior boys in the team" should play.

He has started seeing himself as one "senior boy" that should be given preferrential treatment. WTF! I'm sure Sia1 being a former player understands better the nature of injury that a player should not be allowed to play with. I trust his judgement that much. Besides, Osaze must have left without his permission to do so. Thats sheer disrespect!

Honestly, the guy needs to be taught some lessons.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Siasia On Twitter by medjai(m): 4:21pm On Apr 01, 2011
I'm 101% behind Osaze on this one. This was exactly what I was talking about when Siasia was appointed SE coach; arrogance and high handedness. It was this same arrogance and high handedness that made him fail as Flying Eagles coach in Egypt 2009 when out of pride, he dropped some key players in the squad and the team went ahead to perform woefully at that competition.
Osaze is one of the few players or about the only player that wears his heart on his sleeve when he dons the green jersey of Nigeria. What is Siasia's problem? We all know Osaze was injured before the Ethiopia game. He refused to play an inconsequential friendly and it has become an issue.
Siasia had better carve a fine line between being reasonable and being disciplined or else, it would be his greatest undoing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Get More Than You Are Looking For: 4 Odds/day / I Am A Die-hard Fan Of Jonathan' - Sprinter Blessing Okagbare Says / Rangers Players Boycott Trip To Zambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.