Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) (17188 Views)

Ruby Orjiakor Seeks Approval From River Goddess To Shoot A Movie (Video) / Picture Of Mo Abudu At The "Premiere Of "Wedding Party 2" Has Got Fans Talking / Destiny Etiko's Eyes Swollen On Movie Location (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by elrufaihq: 8:47am On Jan 13, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by SoliBayNG: 8:48am On Jan 13, 2021
At the end of the day, nothing of note was reported in the write up.

1 Like

Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by SalamRushdie: 8:48am On Jan 13, 2021
Mindlog:
Who owns the. copyright of the story, Premium Times or Tobore Ovuorie?

Forget all this one , the story is actually about Tobore because the entire movie is framed around her character

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by dabeto: 8:51am On Jan 13, 2021
Both parties need to discuss and have amicable settlement. The love of money is the root of all evils. Greed and ego should be stemmed
Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by Flamemignon1(m): 8:54am On Jan 13, 2021
Mindlog:
Who owns the. copyright of the story, Premium Times or Tobore Ovuorie?
The same question I wanted to ask

1 Like

Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by seguno2: 8:57am On Jan 13, 2021
SalamRushdie:

Forget all this one , the story is actually about Tobore because the entire movie is framed around her character

You sure know what’s up.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by woleabayo(f): 9:02am On Jan 13, 2021
wetin be my own
Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by Top1gun: 9:07am On Jan 13, 2021
Common sense is far from your household

In that clip you did not hear where she said the girl was contacted n giving cash gift, that the copyright to the article belongs to Premium Times which they had an accord with.

They even proposed 5% cinema revenue to her.

Hongkog:
Walai i don't know who is at fault here grin

They shouldn't have published someone's traumatic experience without her permission. Secondly the girl sef na werey how will she demanded over #2billion, like wtf, how much did they even make from the movie.

1 Like

Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by We4all: 9:08am On Jan 13, 2021
Mo Abudu has always been a shady woman, reason she fell out with her BFF over money issues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by Hongkog(m): 9:15am On Jan 13, 2021
Top1gun:
Common sense is far from your household

In that clip you did not hear where she said the girl was contacted n giving cash gift, that the copyright to the article belongs to Premium Times which they had an accord with.

They even proposed 5% cinema revenue to her.

So?
Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by naptu2: 9:21am On Jan 13, 2021
favor914:
They should work out a format, & give Ms Tobore her share, no one wants to sit their whilst others are sharing money you know you are entitled to.

post=98007142:

They are supposed to compensate her BIG TIME for the movie.
Most def, the story is all about her... we found that out when we read about her interview she made well before the movie was shot.

But kudos to the actors, producers, directors of this movie.
They did a very good job.
We give them 101%.

One of the best Nigerian movie on Netflix......no doubt!

If a journalist that is working with the NTA produces a report for the NTA, then that report belongs to the NTA. The NTA owns the copyright.

Mo Abudu approached Premium Times for permission and they gave her permission (because they own the copyright. You'll see it at the bottom of their website and paper).

However, Mo Abudu met with her and offered to give her a small percentage of the proceeds, for her NGO and she agreed. She was also credited in the end credits.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by zolo1(m): 9:23am On Jan 13, 2021
i don't know about y'all but to me, I wasn't comfortable with the way it ended
Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:23am On Jan 13, 2021
naptu2:

If a journalist that is working with the NTA produces a report for the NTA, then that report belongs to the NTA. The NTA owns the copyright.

Mo Abudu approached Premium Times for permission and they gave her permission (because they own the copyright. You'll see it at the bottom of their website and paper).

However, Mo Abudu met with her and offered to give her a small percentage of the proceeds, for her NGO and she agreed. She was also credited in the end credits.
If that is so @the bolded,
Then, END OF STORY.
So what are they talking about again?

Thanks for making us understand better Chief Naptu.
Appreciate

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by ghettochild4u(m): 9:23am On Jan 13, 2021
There are so many movies out there that deals with people's personal experiences... It doesn't mean they own copyright to a movie telling details about such person's life..
Intact one thing I have learnt is... Out there they are so many people thinking exactly what u are thinking, be it a business idea or anything. It boils down to who does it first..
I think where Mo made a mistake was reaching out to n acknowledging the journalist work..
As u know Nigerians no dey like say person wey use part of ur work even if that work isn't directly yours.. so long it has element of your work... Dem no dey happy Ooo.
Anyways why didn't she make a movie of her work all this while...
There are so many stories out there a journalist may have or have researched that have been turned into a movie, take for instance temi otedola's movie citation...
Are we gonna say over the years journalist haven't been researching n writing about this so called issues..
Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by joseph1832(m): 9:30am On Jan 13, 2021
I've since we were little, Tobore have always been gifted with words.

It's a shame this is happening to her. I mean this is someone who won Wole Soyinka prize for Investigative journalism. Don't think it's like her to lie about stuff like this.

Anyway, over to you Tobo.
Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by iamclime(m): 9:35am On Jan 13, 2021
I have watched Oloture and I must say it's a movie to keep. EbonyLife really delivered. As for the copyright issue, I'll go with Mo Abudu's version in this video. She spoke with facts and figures.
As for most of the comments here, it's clear that many people don't understand how copyright law works in Nigeria.
Tobore should go to court if she really believes she has a case.
And who else is wondering why her former legal counsel (as mentioned by Mo) disengaged?

As a writer myself (hoping to publish someday soon), this is my take:
1. Make sure you understand the *fine print* clearly when entering into contractual agreements.
2. Discuss any grey areas before signing.
3. When in doubt, ask a lawyer (especially one skilled and experienced in such matters.
4. Never be greedy! Greed ruins everything.
Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by NSNA: 9:37am On Jan 13, 2021
I stopped listening when Mo said her lawyer disengaged from her.
It certainly must be that her lawyer was bribed. An offer which cannot be refused.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by xjiggy: 9:39am On Jan 13, 2021
Hongkog:
Walai i don't know who is at fault here grin

They shouldn't have published someone's traumatic experience without her permission. Secondly the girl sef na werey how will she demanded over #2billion, like wtf, how much did they even make from the movie.
My brother if your are in her shoes you'll demand same. It is wicked to profit from another's labour and hardwork without giving recognition. Just imagine the the time, effort and trauma she must have gone through to piece together an authentic body of work only for somebody to take it, play around with it and make a movie from it and start earning from the movie without acknowledging the original source. That's how they organize shows like the Apprentice Africa to siphon ideas to invest in unknown to the participants. If we had good copyright laws here in Nigeria, some of us would have gotten rich just for patenting an idea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by stancydg: 9:55am On Jan 13, 2021
I pray they settle it amicably. So much effort goes into movie production especially in this country, where Government support is almost non existent. The few interventions have been a sham. Mo is blessed with experience and network that makes access to funds easier. We are even more blessed and we are manifesting already....

INSPIRING QUOTES FROM THE ROLLERCOASTER FILM.

- The only reason for corruption is a corrupted heart. #ROLLERCOASTER FILM

- If we believe those leading us are humans and not robots, then it is safe to conclude that the major problem is in our wrong man made belief systems. We have got to put an end to the blame game, fix ourselves first and those we have some influence over. #ROLLERCOASTER FILM

FIND OUT MORE IN THE ROLLERCOASTER FILM
Click the link below to watch NOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeehllOlr64

Its not just entertainment, its about education and entertainment. Its ENTER-EDUCATE.
Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 13, 2021
haha
Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by madjune(m): 10:10am On Jan 13, 2021
I know Mo Abudu very well.

She isn't capable of original thought.
Only good at stealing other people's ideas and running with it.

Shameless woman.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by seguno2: 10:18am On Jan 13, 2021
We4all:
No Abudu has always been a shady woman, reason she fell out with her BFF over money issues.

Really?
Is that true?
The other day she was in the news for money laundering on behalf of the minister who said that he and his fellow rogues steal because Nigerians don’t stone them.
Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by seguno2: 10:27am On Jan 13, 2021
xjiggy:
My brother if your are in her shoes you'll demand same. It is wicked to profit from another's labour and hardwork without giving recognition. Just imagine the the time, effort and trauma she must have gone through to piece together an authentic body of work only for somebody to take it, play around with it and make a movie from it and start earning from the movie without acknowledging the original source. That's how they organize shows like the Apprentice Africa to siphon ideas to invest in unknown to the participants. If we had good copyright laws here in Nigeria, some of us would have gotten rich just for patenting an idea.

How do we get the good copyright laws in our country?
Wait for the Americans, Europeans or the Chinese to do it for us without dominating us subsequently?
Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by MarvinsBaba: 10:28am On Jan 13, 2021
Oloture.... That movie is fucking full of nudity, a threat to our society. It should be brought down
Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by seguno2: 10:29am On Jan 13, 2021
madjune:
I know Mo Abudu very well.

She isn't capable of original thought.
Only good at stealing other people's ideas and running with it.

Shameless woman.

If she is not a dishonest person, she should have engaged the journalist as script etc consultant for the production.

1 Like

Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by iamL(f): 10:41am On Jan 13, 2021
Interesting movie. I pity blessing that was killed the scene where she was behead was so real, I shocked. One work I can never do to be an under cover agent.
Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by kokorunna(m): 10:44am On Jan 13, 2021
The attention this is generating is un-necessary Mo Abudu can afford to pay the Lady in question 10 - 20% of the profits. She must be going through trauma but she too should have signed a deal to get a percentage.

This nonsence can only happen in Nigeria with people stealing other people's stories, no copyright laws

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by DSoj(m): 10:51am On Jan 13, 2021
The girl Deserves so much more. Mo ABUDU is using her connections to silence the girl.
Claiming the media company she worked for owned the rights is Nonsense. How did she reach out to premium times to obtain permission but ignored the girl.
Did the company pay her for the undercover work? What of she had died in the process
She sent maybe 100k to the girl and thinks that is enough to use her work that almost cost her life and till date she lives in a haunted body.

This is a matter of RIPOFF. Making millions from someone's life threatening undercover work is evil.

All those chats mean nothing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by Checked86: 11:10am On Jan 13, 2021
SimplyFacts:
That interesting but tragic film angry

The film no get joy o. That ending made me feel so touched & almost shed tears.

Na how the girl japaa in the last scene funny. Eni ori yo, o di'le grin
The film end?
Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by benebaby77: 11:27am On Jan 13, 2021
favor914:
They should work out a format, & give Ms Tobore her share, no one wants to sit their whilst others are sharing money you know you are entitled to.

She had been settled, but she wanted more. Premium times owned the stories,not her yet she was given credit and promised to give 5% of the film proceeds.
Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by mudiana(m): 11:29am On Jan 13, 2021
NSNA:
I stopped listening when Mo said her lawyer disengaged from her.
It certainly must be that her lawyer was bribed. An offer which cannot be refused.
exactly! why would she mention that. it doesn't concern her if tobore's lawyer disengaged except she knows one or two about that disengagement. na tobore lawyer, wetin concern her with tobore's lawyer. Mo Abudu should do the ryt thing. cash gifts for a lady that went tru hell to expose a huge criminal ring Nd u wan use her cashout just like dat. Ah! Mo abeg get conscience. if someone did this to ur daughter u love so much, I am sure you won't be happy.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zack Orji Is In Stable Condition - Actors' Guild Of Nigeria / Wendy Ene Audu Identifies With Benue Flood Victims, Conducts Medical Checkup / Most People Lie About SARS Attack On Social Media — Police PPRO Dolapo Badmus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.