Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,837 members, 7,956,159 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:08 AM

Rest In The Other World (Try And Read) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rest In The Other World (Try And Read) (1497 Views)

My Dad's Driver First Child Looks Different From The Rest, I'm Worried / Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson / My Dad Has Refused To Rest In Peace Because Of His Monetary Vow In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rest In The Other World (Try And Read) by DumbGeek(m): 12:44am On Jan 15, 2021
After a failed overdose last year, I came in contact with this great man, Mr Josh Yi of David E Taylor ministries, I was just on my own on the hospital bed when I got a message request from him, I was thinking inside of me, who could this be, he introduced himself and said to me that God sent him to deliver me from the hands of the devil. I have been an altar server for over 13 years, and coupled with my praying spirit I have worked with many pastors and priests. But at that moment I was down and needed their support and help, I was on my own. Well Mr Josh took me as a special case and he has always given me that moral support.

So tonight while I was reminiscing on my decisions, he called, just out of the the blue, because we haven't talked in months now, we talked to about what I'm going through and all. we also prayed.

He has given me a chance to make it pass tonight, I hope God set up someone for my sake

Re: Rest In The Other World (Try And Read) by armyofone(m): 8:43pm On Jan 15, 2021
When you tell "alot" of Nigerians not to have many children they will refuse to listen. In this situation, the OP could have easily reach out to his parents....for little money.
Oh well!

Karleb:
I hope you find peace.

Dear parent, if you can't cater for a child do not bear one.

A lot of depression in Nigeria are poverty induced.

Re: Rest In The Other World (Try And Read) by DumbGeek(m): 8:28pm On Jan 16, 2021
embarassed

Re: Rest In The Other World (Try And Read) by Slimslimqq: 9:18am On Jan 17, 2021
if u are still alive and reading this.

you are not alone in this world, if u listen to other peoples problem, u will stand up and start praising God.

if I tell u about my life story, and what am still going through, then u will know you are one lucky bastard. I have Always thought of suicide also, but whenever I think about my dear son I hold back.

you are not alone brother, everything will surely work out, be a strong man, a strong man wouldn't give up but continue fighting. u are not alone brother.

know this, know peace...
Re: Rest In The Other World (Try And Read) by bixton(m): 10:10am On Jan 17, 2021
We all come through challenges differently. I also thank God for His enduring mercy upon us.

I would rather take a different path by asking you a certain question:

1) Do you dream and what are they like?
2) In your time of praying/fasting have you ever heard God speak to you or any other time?
3) If yes, what did He say to your hearing?

1 Like

Re: Rest In The Other World (Try And Read) by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 17, 2021
Stay strong
Re: Rest In The Other World (Try And Read) by Naijabad: 11:38am On Jan 17, 2021
DumbGeek:
After a failed overdose last year, I came in contact with this great man, Mr Josh Yi of David E Taylor ministries, I was just on my own on the hospital bed when I got a message request from him, I was thinking inside of me, who could this be, he introduced himself and said to me that God sent him to deliver me from the hands of the devil. I have been an altar server for over 13 years, and coupled with my praying spirit I have worked with many pastors and priests. But at that moment I was down and needed their support and help, I was on my own. Well Mr Josh took me as a special case and he has always given me that moral support.

So tonight while I was reminiscing on my decisions, he called, just out of the the blue, because we haven't talked in months now, we talked to about what I'm going through and all. we also prayed.

He has given me a chance to make it pass tonight, I hope God set up someone for my sake

I don't have anything in life. I still struggle to feed myself and family.

But I cannot read through your story without lending a helping hand.

If you're in Lagos, let me know your address; I will visit you within the week.

If you aren't in Lagos, put your account number let me give you a token to buy food and drugs.

Whatever you do, don't take your life. The owner will ask you tough questions, believe me, you wont have any answer.

Bro., I see your breakthrough.

1 Like

Re: Rest In The Other World (Try And Read) by englois: 2:02pm On Jan 17, 2021
What I've seen about life is that challenges never ends. Even when you conquer this phase, know that another challenge will arise. Consider a pregnant woman in her period of labour, she will be in excruciating pains but she has to endure in order to birth her child. So, you are in a phase of life now that shall pass and you will birth a wonderful testimony. This phase will strengthen you and give you the needed foundation to battle any future occurrence.
But consider yourself lucky to be experiencing this now in the morning period of your life. Maybe this challenge is the only main challenge you will ever face in your life.
Some people encounter their own challenge in the afternoon period of their life and some in the evening period of their life.

When I mean afternoon, let's assume everything has been rosy from the beginning: early marriage, wealth, beautiful children, etc. What if you are retrenched and everything take a downward turn, you withdraw your children from expensive private school to public school, your car develop faults and you start using motorcycle, you start dodging church because of lack of offerings and fuel, and in order to make ends meet, you start farming. WHAT WILL YOU DO? Will you kill yourself and leave your wife and children? I guess no. You will hold on and keep pushing now.

When I mean evening, what when you are retired and pension and gratuity haven't been paid plus your children have not secured gainful employment. What will you do? or what if you are faced with a terrible sickness that swallow all your retirement savings and turn you to an overnight pauper, what will you do?

Consider this things. I'm saying all this to revive you and encourage you to refire. Find happiness in the little you have.

Look for a school and be teaching. At least you will be collecting a salary of #15,000 - #40,000. Save up.

Lemme share my personal story with you. I went to a pastor to pray in regards to a great challenge I was going through. Mind you he's a great man if God in this country. When he prayed for me, his response broke my heart. He said I should continue praying and I should ask God to give me the grace to endure and fight my battles, that in the end I'll have victory.

So, just pray for grace to pass through this phase. What God will do, he'll do.
Note: OUR IMPATIENCE DOES NOT MAKE GOD FASTER. WAIT FOR HIS TIME.

Concerning the suicide thoughts, delete it from your mind.

One day, around 11:00pm, I looked out of my window side and I saw a strange sight. I saw a dark manly figure gliding on the road. It was just going non-stop.

If you kill yourself, you will be like him. Your spirit will be wandering without any rest. That will be double loss for you as it would be irreversible. Sometimes, death by suicide is the beginning of sorrows as you will never have rest. Sometimes, the spirit may wander for the rest of the actual days you were meant to live. Don't punish yourself. Dead men tell no tales.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Rest In The Other World (Try And Read) by DumbGeek(m): 3:50pm On Jan 17, 2021
Naijabad:

I don't have anything in life. I still struggle to feed myself and family.

But I cannot read through your story without lending a helping hand.

If you're in Lagos, let me know your address; I will visit you within the week.

If you aren't in Lagos, put your account number let me give you a token to buy food and drugs.

Whatever you do, don't take your life. The owner will ask you tough questions, believe me, you wont have any answer.

Bro., I see your breakthrough.

I'm in Imo state
Re: Rest In The Other World (Try And Read) by Blessingisrael: 7:40pm On Jan 17, 2021
Hold on, don't give up, at least not yet. There is light at the end of the tunnel. What can you do with your hands if given an opportunity?
Re: Rest In The Other World (Try And Read) by DumbGeek(m): 10:24pm On Jan 17, 2021
Blessingisrael:
Hold on, don't give up, at least not yet. There is light at the end of the tunnel. What can you do with your hands if given an opportunity?
I was learning plumbing, but due to health issues, I had to stop for now.

I'm also applying for nursing school admission.
Re: Rest In The Other World (Try And Read) by Blessingisrael: 11:02pm On Jan 17, 2021
DumbGeek:
I was learning plumbing, but due to health issues, I had to stop for now.

I'm also applying for nursing school admission.

if the admission comes, how do you expect to pay for it really? what exactly are your challenges?
Re: Rest In The Other World (Try And Read) by DumbGeek(m): 11:53pm On Jan 17, 2021
Blessingisrael:

if the admission comes, how do you expect to pay for it really? what exactly are your challenges?
actually you asked the right questions, I got one last year, but the bills were much, bills
Re: Rest In The Other World (Try And Read) by LyfeJennings(m): 12:47am On Jan 18, 2021
DumbGeek:
Read my story and help anyone you can, don't let them end up like me

I'm not really a writer, and this is not main account.

I don't know where to start, but one thing I know is that I have come at the Nd of my journey here, the pain, the pressure, the failure, those words, I can't bear no more... Before you tell me to talk to God, since my childhood knowing where I come from and knowing the journey is not going to be an easy one for me, I have always put my faith in Him, but I feel betrayed..

once a smart kid with a promising future, but then the family struggle brought in depression, which affected my reading and my understanding, I lost one thing that made me happy, I lost interest in life, in friends, in family, in any thing that might bring joy, all I feel is pain and sadness, even though I don't get angry.

I'm 24, but still not yet in school, no hand work, just usual daily labourer work. left secondary school 2015, saved up to continue life outside Nigeria, but then my dream travel to Germany was cut short because of someone's wickedness, then the stage two depression set in again I fought back, I tried to remain calm and happy as much as I can. once again I started saving again and then last year I tried my luck with the nursing schools, well I got them after writing the entrance exams but then no money to continue... it wasn't easy.. the money was much.. then I did the most foolish decision of my life, that has made me want to end it, I invested in Forex with the last I had, and shit it was a scam.. All through this year's of pain and sadness, I have been calling unto God, hoping things will get better, but it's not, last year my BP went above normal and I nearly died.

well I think there is too much to tell but not everyone really want to read through. one thing for sure is there is no rest for me here, there is rest for me only in the other world..

last year I attempted suicide but it didn't work out, but this time for sure, I hope God is willing to send me to hell for believing and hoping things will get better for me.

Alaye, calm down
No go murder yourself o
Trust me fam, the world will move on
Infact Life no go know say person commot from am
Yo, put more effort into yourself. U just 24. Nigga, at 24 I was also lost but man mi, ALMOST EVERYTHING I EVER DREAMT OF 24 IS A REALITY NOW. Calm down man. Life will be good to U but relax son

3 Likes

Re: Rest In The Other World (Try And Read) by DumbGeek(m): 9:18am On Jan 18, 2021
LyfeJennings:

Alaye, calm down
No go murder yourself o
Trust me fam, the world will move on
Infact Life no go know say person commot from am
Yo, put more effort into yourself. U just 24. Nigga, at 24 I was also lost but man mi, ALMOST EVERYTHING I EVER DREAMT OF 24 IS A REALITY NOW. Calm down man. Life will be good to U but relax son

(1) (2) (Reply)

How A Couple Weathered The Unemployment Storm Together / Why Do Women Celebrate Marriage Like It's A Trophy? / Help! Parents Want Me To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because She's HIV Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.