Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Aisha Yesufu Criticized For Promoting LGBTQ - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Aisha Yesufu Criticized For Promoting LGBTQ (549 Views)

Anita Joseph Criticized For Wearing A Miniskirt During Meeting With Peter Obi / Seyi Law Reacts After Being Criticized For Standing Up For A Citizen / Laura Ikeji Criticized For Rocking This Outfit, She Hits Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Yesufu Criticized For Promoting LGBTQ by xaliujokes(m): 1:33pm On Jan 12, 2021
Yesufu was also criticized by the Nigerian queer community over an old tweet she made in July where she attributed sexual molestation to the rise in homosexual activity in Nigeria.

On January 11, following a Twitter post-Aisha Yesufu made about homosexuality in Nigeria, The Nigerian political and social activist was at the center of heated controversy on social media.

Aisha Yesufu posted a tweet to advocate for the “right to practice their sexuality” of gay people in Nigeria. She also said homosexuality is not a new discovery and has been practiced freely in the past in Nigeria.

On her Twitter handle, Aisha Yesufu wrote, “You do not need anyone liking your choice of sexuality. All you need is to be given the right to practice your sexuality. Homosexuality was freely practiced in Nigeria for hundreds of years and I witnessed same-sex marriages in the 80s. So calm down, it is not a new discovery.”

Nigerian Muslim conservatives who accused her of seeking to press for the recognition of homosexuality and same-sex marriage in Nigeria faulted Aisha Yesufu’s post on homosexuality in Nigeria.

Yesufu was also criticized by the Nigerian queer community over an old tweet she made in July where she attributed sexual molestation to the rise in homosexual activity in Nigeria.

The famous activist claimed that “people become homosexuals because they have been molested sexually.”

Yesufu’s old tweet reads, “The increase in homosexuality is not due to LGBTQ influence from the West. It is the sexual molestation of boys and girls which makes them become homosexuals and they go on to molest others and the vicious cycle continues.”

Source
https://tropics.ng/2021/01/12/aisha-yesufu-criticized-for-promoting-lgbtq/

Re: Aisha Yesufu Criticized For Promoting LGBTQ by Righteousness2(m): 1:39pm On Jan 12, 2021
When I noticed they wanna end SARS and Promote Abomination, my interest in their End SARS whatever died..

I Fear GOD
I Fear the Wrath of GOD.

It is better to Face the Wrath of man than to Face the Wrath of GOD.

What a Evil and Wicked Generation..
Re: Aisha Yesufu Criticized For Promoting LGBTQ by Fahdiga(m): 1:39pm On Jan 12, 2021
This woman has started overreaching herself. why should she be advocating for same sex marriage. if her father was gay she wont be born to be spewing this trash
Re: Aisha Yesufu Criticized For Promoting LGBTQ by TimeTraveler369: 2:44pm On Jan 12, 2021
Righteousness2:
When I noticed they wanna end SARS and Promote Abomination, my interest in their End SARS whatever died..

I Fear GOD
I Fear the Wrath of GOD.

It is better to Face the Wrath of man than to Face the Wrath of GOD.

What a Evil and Wicked Generation..

Why are you afraid of God, is he a masquerade?
Re: Aisha Yesufu Criticized For Promoting LGBTQ by Righteousness2(m): 3:07pm On Jan 12, 2021
TimeTraveler369:

Why are you afraid of God, is he a masquerade?

Are u the one I Should Fear?
Re: Aisha Yesufu Criticized For Promoting LGBTQ by TimeTraveler369: 5:51pm On Jan 12, 2021
Righteousness2:

Are u the one I Should Fear?

Fear is not good enough, I think you should be scared.
Re: Aisha Yesufu Criticized For Promoting LGBTQ by Kiddogarcia(m): 7:53pm On Jan 12, 2021
Ohhh okay

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerians Who Are Making Waves On Youtube 2021 / Wathoni And Trikytee / Davido In Tears As Lilfrosh Is Arrested Again For Domestic Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.