Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Gocash And Fraud Alert - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gocash And Fraud Alert (1482 Views)

Gocash Is Malicious, Defamatory, And Fraudulent, Avoid! / Beware Of Gocash Loan App. / Quickteller , Fidelity Bank And Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gocash And Fraud Alert by ekineme: 9:14pm On Jan 12, 2021
(1) (of 1 pages)

Nairaland / General / Gocash And Fraud Alert by ekineme(m): 6:50pm
Please someone knowledgeable about this situation should help a brother.

I received a message from gocash, The message read" Good day, kindly inform ***** ***** on 0803****** that he has defaulted in his loan repayment to gocash as you been the guarantor, he is advise(....).

I have no knowledge about this transaction, the person in quote was my room mate during our NYSC days, we have not spoken for long before today.

I called the number and he picked and I asked him if he has knowledge about the transaction which he agreed but that he didn't use me as a guarantor.
I called the sender of the message, he said he is the manager of gocash and I query him why someone used me as a guarantor to obtain loan without my knowledge and consent, he was rude in his reply..he told me I should go and ask the person and drop the call.

Please my fellow nairalanders, should i seek legal help or I should go and block my accounts to avoid unauthorized debit( if it's possible).
Or it could it be a fraudsters??

Please MOD push to front page to gain maximum attention
Re: Gocash And Fraud Alert by MickzyDonald: 9:32pm On Jan 12, 2021
Maybe it's your so called friend who knows

You can't see the LIVER unless you KILL the CHICKEN
Re: Gocash And Fraud Alert by falcon01: 9:37pm On Jan 12, 2021
Damn
Re: Gocash And Fraud Alert by anitabella: 9:43pm On Jan 12, 2021
They will send the sms to all his contacts... So your number was on his contact list which he will give them access to before he can apply for a loan... All the loan companies do this..
Re: Gocash And Fraud Alert by ekineme: 11:12pm On Jan 12, 2021
anitabella:
They will send the sms to all his contacts... So your number was on his contact list which he will give them access to before he can apply for a loan... All the loan companies do this..

Thanks for the clarification, but hope I don't have any cause to be alarmed?

(1) (Reply)

Killer Of Super TV CEO Recounts How She Killed Him / Raped By Your Brother's Best Friend / She Is Twice Younger Than Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.