Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,059 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Kano Sharia Law Against Sale, Consumption Of Alcohol - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Sharia Law Against Sale, Consumption Of Alcohol (1177 Views)

IPOB Bans Rearing, Consumption Of Cows In South-Eastern Nigeria / Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts / Official Vehicle Of Kano Sharia Police’s Boss Impounded, Aides Molested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Sharia Law Against Sale, Consumption Of Alcohol by privaldo: 2:56pm On Jan 13, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Yes they do.

So what was the purpose of this statement, "Western laws are Christian laws. Interest banking are Christian banking system, islam has their own banking system".

1 Like

Re: Kano Sharia Law Against Sale, Consumption Of Alcohol by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 13, 2021
privaldo:

So what was the purpose of this statement, "Western laws are Christian laws. Interest banking are Christian banking system, islam has their own banking system".

My purpose is simple, stop looking at religion because there are laws in the south, that does not benefit a northern but since the law covers every one, the northern obeys them without complaints
Re: Kano Sharia Law Against Sale, Consumption Of Alcohol by privaldo: 5:00pm On Jan 13, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

My purpose is simple, stop looking at religion because there are laws in the south, that does not benefit a northern but since the law covers every one, the northern obeys them without complaints

And I ask again, what laws in the South doesn't benefit a Northener?
Re: Kano Sharia Law Against Sale, Consumption Of Alcohol by baralatie(m): 5:37pm On Jan 13, 2021
privaldo:
BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK
JAN 12, 2021

[url=http://saharareporters.com/2021/01/12/kano-sharia-law-against-sale-consumption-alcohol-binding-muslims-christians-%E2%80%93state-hisbah]SAHARA REPORTERS[/url]
meanwhile mainstays is collecting revenue from levies and taxes placed on sale,production and consumption not alcoholic beverages
Re: Kano Sharia Law Against Sale, Consumption Of Alcohol by baralatie(m): 5:39pm On Jan 13, 2021
serap and awon sowore did not see this one to challenge in the supreme court o but the want to unseatthe office of the president.
is that not incredible
Re: Kano Sharia Law Against Sale, Consumption Of Alcohol by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 13, 2021
privaldo:

And I ask again, what laws in the South doesn't benefit a Northener?

According to islamic laws, gambling is prohibited but in the south, gambling is legal, northerners in lagos have to tolerate that
Re: Kano Sharia Law Against Sale, Consumption Of Alcohol by privaldo: 6:07pm On Jan 13, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

According to islamic laws, gambling is prohibited but in the south, gambling is legal, northerners in lagos have to tolerate that

Guess what according to the Christian Bible, Gambling is also prohibited but core Christians in the South also live with it. In the North, there are bet shops so this isn't also valid.

Laws in the South don't take a religious look but rather a progressive look, one that will move the state economically.

1 Like

Re: Kano Sharia Law Against Sale, Consumption Of Alcohol by privaldo: 6:09pm On Jan 13, 2021
baralatie:
serap and awon sowore did not see this one to challenge in the supreme court o but the want to unseatthe office of the president.
is that not incredible

Guess whose media outlet published the news, Sowore's Sahara Reporters, so don't rush to post.

1 Like

Re: Kano Sharia Law Against Sale, Consumption Of Alcohol by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2021
privaldo:

Guess what according to the Christian Bible, Gambling is also prohibited but core Christians in the South also live with it. In the North, there are bet shops so this isn't also valid.

Laws in the South don't take a religious look but rather a progressive look, one that will move the state economically.

Bet shops are banned in the north.

Most Christians are gamblers and it is legal there no wonder they are all corrupted by it
Re: Kano Sharia Law Against Sale, Consumption Of Alcohol by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:23pm On Jan 13, 2021
Fahdiga:
Southern leaders are too docile. how can northern states be against alcohol sale and consumption yet partake in VAT sharing. if reverse was the case will northerners allow such

Was gonna ask if anyone can provide links to news reports showing where Kano rejected its share of the alcohol component of VAT payments citing their strong opposition to alcohol consumption! Anyone?

Funny thing is, they may even be getting more than a state like Anambra based on the humongous number of their local gov’t areas!

1 Like

Re: Kano Sharia Law Against Sale, Consumption Of Alcohol by privaldo: 6:24pm On Jan 13, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Bet shops are banned in the north.

Most Christians are gamblers and it is legal there no wonder they are all corrupted by it

Oh, I never knew but I will cross check before I fully agree.

If you say most Christians are gamblers then you're being stereotypical because I know Muslims who gamble here in the South, and from all you've said so far, it means Islam has been indirectly adopted as the state religion.

1 Like

Re: Kano Sharia Law Against Sale, Consumption Of Alcohol by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 13, 2021
privaldo:

Oh, I never knew but I will cross check before I fully agree.

If you say most Christians are gamblers then you're being stereotypical because I know Muslims who gamble here in the South, and from all you've said so far, it means Islam has been indirectly adopted as the state religion.

The muslims have been corrupted.

Go read the history of northern Nigeria, it was a well established Muslim empire before it eventually joined Nigeria.
Re: Kano Sharia Law Against Sale, Consumption Of Alcohol by privaldo: 6:37pm On Jan 13, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The muslims have been corrupted.

Go read the history of northern Nigeria, it was a well established Muslim empire before it eventually joined Nigeria.

I know about their history, but my point is we're going back to the original argument about the state and FG not adopting a religion.

1 Like

Re: Kano Sharia Law Against Sale, Consumption Of Alcohol by lamentor78(m): 6:49pm On Jan 13, 2021
They are deceiving themselves, what of Army barracks
Re: Kano Sharia Law Against Sale, Consumption Of Alcohol by Otuegbe: 4:31pm On Feb 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Is rearing cows illegal in the south?
Any Cow Found Destroying Farms and Grazing Illegally in Forests Should be Killed
If Hisbab police in Kano can destroy a whole truckload of beer drinks worth over N235 million, without considering that it is someone’s business, then ESN is right in slaughtering every cow found destroying farms and grazing illegally on our farms and forest.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This True? / Powerful APC Chieftains That May Join PDP Before 2023 / Mclaren 720s Seen In A Village In KEBBI STATE Worth $299,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.