Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,412 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:28 AM

My Wife Beats Me With Broom, Man Tells Court - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Beats Me With Broom, Man Tells Court (1326 Views)

I Apply ‘love Charm’ On My Manhood To Win My Wife Back – Man Tells Court / “my Wife Beats Me Every Day” Man Cries For Divorce / My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Beats Me With Broom, Man Tells Court by aloyemeka1: 10:22pm On Mar 31, 2011
Thursday, March 31, 2011

[size=14pt]
My wife beats me with broom, man tells court
[/size]

Tunde Odesola, Osogbo

A middle-aged man, Segun Olanrewaju, on Wednesday told an Osogbo Customary Court that his wife, Kemi, beats him with a bunch of brooms whenever he came home late.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/mar/31/822.html

"Whenever I come late from work, my wife flogs me with a bunch of brooms," he said.

He also told the court that his wife beats him whenever there was an argument between them.

Urging the court to dissolve the 10-year-old marriage, Olanrewaju alleged that his wife was quarrelsome and uncontrollable.

Recalling that his wife fought with his younger brother, Olanrewaju alleged that Kemi called his mother a witch.

He also accused Kemi of parking out of her matrimonial home five years ago on the allegation that his (Olanrewaju's) mother is a witch.

Refuting the allegations, Kemi said that Olanrewaju wanted to end the marriage because he had another woman.

"God blessed our 10-year-old marriage with two kids but my husband doesn't take care of us because he has married another wife," Kemi said.

The wife also claimed that she had been taking care of their children alone, stressing that she did not want to continue with the marriage.

Kemi urged the court to compel her husband to be responsible for the monthly upkeep of the two children.

The president of the court, Chief Gabriel Oparanti, pleaded with the two parties not to dissolve their marriage for the sake of the children.

But both husband and wife insisted that they wanted the marriage dissolved and the court granted their wish.

It ordered Olanrewaju to be responsible for the upkeep of the children.

Meanwhile, a teenager, Adebayo Adeboye (19) and a 20-year-old man, Akanni Saheed, have been remanded in prison custody for allegedly robbing with a toy gun.

The charge sheet read in court on Wednesday alleged that the suspects committed the offence on March 1, 2011 at the Technical area of Osogbo, when they dispossessed Chief John Adebayo of N35,000.

The police prosecutor, Sergeant Joshua Oladoye, claimed that the suspects also robbed Grace Okunola of N5,000 and a Nokia mobile phone valued at N4,500.

The charge sheet also said while Adebayo was robbed between 5pm and 6pm, Okunola was robbed at 7am at Ajibade Street, Olorunda area of Osogbo on January 20, 2011 with a toy gun.

Oladoye said N56,000, two Nokia mobile phone, ATM cards and a cheque book were also stolen from Okunola.

The Magistrate, Mr. Olusola Aluko, adjourned the case till April 28, 2011 and remanded the suspects in prison.
Re: My Wife Beats Me With Broom, Man Tells Court by aloyemeka2: 12:02am On Apr 05, 2011

Kemi urged the court to compel her husband to be responsible for the monthly upkeep of the two children.

Does she need to ask for this service from the court?. The man should be made to pay through his nose for child support. 80% of his monthly income will be fine.

(1) (Reply)

God's Advice For Marriage / Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan And Wife Renew Marriage Vows / How To Breakup A 7 Years Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.