Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,019 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

America And Canada Not As Advertised - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / America And Canada Not As Advertised (7808 Views)

Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? / JUST IN: Lebanese Who Advertised Nigerian Woman For Sale Arrested / U.S.A And CANADA, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: America And Canada Not As Advertised by Blurpy: 5:36pm On Jan 02, 2022
Good afternoon. Happy New Year. I would be pleased to have you speak on a webinar coming up about Pharmacist migration
ENG0701:

I think everyone that relocated knows this before relocating. I have some friends that got something in their field immediately, but that is minority.
I am a pharmacist, and I am almost done with my licensing, it takes a year and half. Even a canadian pharmacist or doctor moving to Nigeria will also have to be licensed to practice in Nigeria, it's like that for every professional course.

Expecting to get to Canada and start working immediately in your field is unrealistic. As you said, in the long run, it pays off. Most people end up doing much better than they were in Nigeria after 2 years.
Re: America And Canada Not As Advertised by Bifwoli: 7:57pm On Jan 02, 2022

America and Canada is still a better choice than Nigeria any day. I have lived in Canada for the last 12 years,however, when I went to visit America ion my last two visits is when I realized the reason it is regarded as the greatest country in the world.

Coming back to Nigeria after a long absence is a visit to the prehistoric times. The level of underdevelopment is really appalling and I wonder why I never noticed it throughout my secondary school days.
The OP is generalizing too much . I know of many natives and immigrants who own their houses and cars outright with no debt slavery .

Besides ,in Nigeria there may be no debt but over 50% of the housing stock makes majority live in very substandard shelters with poor sanitation .

3 Likes

Re: America And Canada Not As Advertised by BunmiBie: 10:22pm On Jan 02, 2022

What the OP posted is 100% fact!It takes one to four years to get yourself established, as a new immigrant.

When you arrive in Canada you can only get blue collar jobs such as cashier,bus driver,labourer at warehouse and sales associate jobs that pay minimum or slightly above the minimum wage.

You either have to go back to school for for at least a year or do all your certifications again if you're in accounting,medical,engineering or law field. It pays off in the long-term though and even if your a bus driver your standard of living is better than majority of people in Nigeria.

How then did someone I know, got to Canada with her husband, found a job in less than a month. White collar job with good pay.

Let's stop all these discouragements.
It's not easy anywhere.
That it was tough for you doesn't mean it will be tough for everybody.
Some people are smarter, so don't conclude that it's impossible to get a good job soon.
Let them travel and see for themselves.
My own is go legally, no go dey cut corners.

2 Likes

Re: America And Canada Not As Advertised by Dgirl1989(f): 2:23pm On May 05, 2022

America and Canada is still a better choice than Nigeria any day. I have lived in Canada for the last 12 years,however, when I went to visit America ion my last two visits is when I realized the reason it is regarded as the greatest country in the world.

Coming back to Nigeria after a long absence is a visit to the prehistoric times. The level of underdevelopment is really appalling and I wonder why I never noticed it throughout my secondary school days.

You're very correct.. you will not notice it until you leave the country and when coming back you will be like' is this a country'.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? / Debunking The Myths Of Living Abroad / Two Dead, One Injured In Ogun Road Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.