Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,211 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:20 PM

A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT (1994 Views)

Peter Obi Apologies To Delta Central Residents, Promises A Revisit / Gbajabiamila Urges Ghana To Revisit Law On $1 Million Business Capital / I'll Revisit Jonathan’s Confab Report - Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by Indabello: 1:00pm On Jan 15, 2021
yemex04:

It isn't seen that way in security situation especially when the threat is made against a President.Although he has not committed the offense but they will not give him freedom to carry out his threat..As we all know,every dastard act carried out was first all a thought..In his case,it was in his heart and he 'playfully or carelessly mentioned it in the public..I know the security agencies are using him as a scapegoat for his unguided utterances as something keeps telling me that he can not really carry out such thing..The truth is,he has himself to be blamed for the careless utterances as i will do my best also to tame(if i have to power) anyone who seems to be a threat to my life and my family.

Brother, receive it - the $1000000 Mr Akuma wanted to pay a Russian Sniper to assassinate Mr President.

This is what I have been trying to explain to them and they don't seem to get it or sentiment will not allow them get it

1 Like

Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by Indabello: 1:06pm On Jan 15, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Your level of illiteracy must be so overwhelming!
Would Trump read the tweet and bomb Northerners?
And the level of your enlightenment and sophisticatedness is really awesome and admirable.

Olodo, you don't know any tweet you make and you mentioned the tweeter handle of a 2nd person, that person will be notified. Even, if Trump don't get to read all his notifications or would not take sure tweet serious, it it disheartening to know how bad a fellow Nigerian disgust his fellow nationals.
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by Indabello: 1:11pm On Jan 15, 2021
adadike:
Thanks to Jonathan that relinquish power. Didn't someone promise to bathe us all in blood ? Who called for his head? Buhari supporters paraded a coffin with Jonathan's picture all over it , he forgave and moved on. Buhati should forgve as well coz truth be told , 90% of the people are not happy with his administration
I quite agree with you as I am no supporter of Buhari my self. However, this has to do with condemning what is bad and appraisal of what is good. Why have some group of people failed to see nothing wrong in those words?
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by Ayed44: 1:23pm On Jan 15, 2021
One man also said he would dump the Igbos in Lagos in the lagoon. When are they charging him?

1 Like

Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
Indabello:

And the level of your enlightenment and sophisticatedness is really awesome and admirable.

Olodo, you don't know any tweet you make and you mentioned the tweeter handle of a 2nd person, that person will be notified. Even, if Trump don't get to read all his notifications or would not take sure tweet serious, it it disheartening to know how bad a fellow Nigerian disgust his fellow nationals.

It's a frigging tweet, it's obvious he doesn't have the assets to carry out his threat, at most he would be invited for questioning, supporting Injustice while correcting a perceived Injustice is just dumb,
You already live in a country where security forces are lawless at best,
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 4:29pm On Jan 15, 2021
Indabello:

I quite agree with you as I am no supporter of Buhari my self. However, this has to do with condemning what is bad and appraisal of what is good. Why have some group of people failed to see nothing wrong in those words?
being a supporter of Buhari is neither here nor there, everyone has a right to their political leanings and thats the beauty of democracy. I remember that tweet pretty well and the first thing that crossed my mind was that the guy is fúcked ie in BIG trouble and his eventual incarceration has proved me right. The dynamics of security situations in Africa and Nigeria in particular means that threats against a sitting head of state should be taken seriously even if its a "joke" at least until investigations and clarifications are made. Sometime ago, i think last year or so, Snoop Dogg released a music video starring a clown with striking resemblance to Donald Trump and he shot the clown in that video. Of course the FBI was interested in that matter and you very well know how furious a man like Trump would be but then again no harm was done and they had to let the matter rest, same with a CNN anchor who held a severed head of President Trump in a photo shoot, the worst that happened is that she was fired from her job and this is a station that hates the guts of Trump.
What I'm trying to say therefore is that the boy has learned his lesson, we grew up in days of no social media so if you talk nonsense, we go to your house and beat the shít out of you in front of your mother. But nowadays kids no dey hear word, they tweet nonsense without knowing the consequences, they think the Internet is anonymous therfore they can get away with anything lol... Please, 300+ days is enough for any trial to have been done and dusted but i know the slowness is to cook him until he has sense but its also better to allow our security operatives dedicate resources to other pressing issues. This can also help in casting a good light on Mr president as a caring father of the youth. Pasisei

1 Like

Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by yemex04(m): 5:40pm On Jan 15, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

You are just tying a knot that would be used to hang you in the future, but we don't think about the future down here,
100% you would soon become a critic of this govt that needs money and has no ideas, who will decide if your comments are treasonous then?
We all remember when OBJ claimed GEJ hired snipers to kill him, what happened to him?
U can support his unlawful detention but save that hypocritical tone like his being in prison is keeping you or Buhari safe,

I usually make my opinions known devoid of emotions or what anyone has against it..No need to worry about me in the future.

you can as well put yourself in the shoes of the person whose life is under threat or the security agencies whose responsibility it is to protect him and let's see what your objective judgement would be. You apparently do not see anything wrong in that very extremist utterances from that guy or you possibly know he is wrong, but you want to sound politically correct because of the "future". The way you use our tongues can always make or mar you so it's wisdom to use it wisely..In his own case,he has used his unwisely.

It's an unlawful detention when it's the court itself that has denied him bail possibly based on the prosecution's valid arguments against the same.

1 Like

Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by olisaEze(m): 5:43pm On Jan 15, 2021
Op I understand ur position, but do interns now validate drugs in an agency like nafdac?

Moving on, defending this man is going to be a gargantuan task. The charges the DSS will bring against him tho weighty will only be seen by us Nigerians as an attempt to muzzle free speech.

Which in truth is what it is.

If a Southerner was behaving the way dis man there is, Northerners would have said much worse. And in all probability, would riot & kill as they usually do.
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 15, 2021
His anger and pain isn't limited to PMB. Considering the history of his posts, it's clear he's extreme hate for Islam and Muslims.
No matter how bad PMB can be, he's only 8yrs to serve if live to survive the years. Death has no calendar, inevitable!
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by SalamRushdie: 6:52pm On Jan 15, 2021
Indabello:

how do we charge foiled coup attempt? how do we charge foiled assassination attempts?
It is the same way they will charge him

So what was foiled in this case? The govt have no case against him abeg , they are just abusing powers to keep him for so long
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by Indabello: 10:14pm On Jan 15, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

It's a frigging tweet, it's obvious he doesn't have the assets to carry out his threat, at most he would be invited for questioning, supporting Injustice while correcting a perceived Injustice is just dumb,
You already live in a country where security forces are lawless at best,
Bro. let's first agree he was wrong and not defend his carelessness.
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by Indabello: 10:18pm On Jan 15, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
being a supporter of Buhari is neither here nor there, everyone has a right to their political leanings and thats the beauty of democracy. I remember that tweet pretty well and the first thing that crossed my mind was that the guy is fúcked ie in BIG trouble and his eventual incarceration has proved me right. The dynamics of security situations in Africa and Nigeria in particular means that threats against a sitting head of state should be taken seriously even if its a "joke" at least until investigations and clarifications are made. Sometime ago, i think last year or so, Snoop Dogg released a music video starring a clown with striking resemblance to Donald Trump and he shot the clown in that video. Of course the FBI was interested in that matter and you very well know how furious a man like Trump would be but then again no harm was done and they had to let the matter rest, same with a CNN anchor who held a severed head of President Trump in a photo shoot, the worst that happened is that she was fired from her job and this is a station that hates the guts of Trump.
What I'm trying to say therefore is that the boy has learned his lesson, we grew up in days of no social media so if you talk nonsense, we go to your house and beat the shít out of you in front of your mother. But nowadays kids no dey hear word, they tweet nonsense without knowing the consequences, they think the Internet is anonymous therfore they can get away with anything lol... Please, 300+ days is enough for any trial to have been done and dusted but i know the slowness is to cook him until he has sense but its also better to allow our security operatives dedicate resources to other pressing issues. This can also help in casting a good light on Mr president as a caring father of the youth. Pasisei
I doff my invisible hat for you sir. I completely agree with your submission.
This is what we call rational reasoning

1 Like

Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by Indabello: 10:21pm On Jan 15, 2021
yemex04:

I usually make my opinions known devoid of emotions or what anyone has against it..No need to worry about me in the future.

you can as well put yourself in the shoes of the person whose life is under threat or the security agencies whose responsibility it is to protect him and let's see what your objective judgement would be. You apparently do not see anything wrong in that very extremist utterances from that guy or you possibly know he is wrong, but you want to sound politically correct because of the "future". The way you use our tongues can always make or mar you so it's wisdom to use it wisely..In his own case,he has used his unwisely.

It's an unlawful detention when it's the court itself that has denied him bail possibly based on the prosecution's valid arguments against the same.
Very correct. The guy will not read or will fail to understand the part that says Court has failed to grant him bail

1 Like

Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by Indabello: 10:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
SalamRushdie:

So what was foiled in this case? The govt have no case against him abeg , they are just abusing powers to keep him for so long
What will you say about the court that has refused to grant him bail?
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by Indabello: 10:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
Coronabirus:
His anger and pain isn't limited to PMB. Considering the history of his posts, it's clear he's extreme hate for Islam and Muslims.
No matter how bad PMB can be, he's only 8yrs to serve if live to survive the years. Death has no calendar, inevitable!
very true
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by SalamRushdie: 10:28pm On Jan 15, 2021
Indabello:

What will you say about the court that has refused to grant him bail?

We know the courts do the bidding of the executive
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by Indabello: 10:37pm On Jan 15, 2021
SalamRushdie:

We know the courts do the bidding of the executive
Oga, why are you defending this irreverent utterances? Buhari asked the court not to grant him bail abi? And asked the court to grant Nnamdi Kanu bail abi? Common sense brother
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:11pm On Jan 15, 2021
Indabello:

Bro. let's first agree he was wrong and not defend his carelessness.

Beheading is not the cure for headache
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by Indabello: 11:16pm On Jan 15, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Beheading is not the cure for headache

Good, if we all agree that there is a headache, then, we can now be looking for the cure
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:32pm On Jan 15, 2021
Indabello:

I doff my invisible hat for you sir. I completely agree with your submission.
This is what we call rational reasoning
nagode
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:21am On Jan 16, 2021
Indabello:

Good, if we all agree that there is a headache, then, we can now be looking for the cure

I hope you would open another thread on how that imam should be arrested,
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by Indabello: 9:22am On Jan 16, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
nagode
Yawwa
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by Indabello: 9:23am On Jan 16, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

I hope you would open another thread on how that imam should be arrested,
Which Imaam?
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by BafanaBafana: 10:47am On Jan 16, 2021
adadike:
Thanks to Jonathan that relinquish power. Didn't someone promise to bathe us all in blood ? Who called for his head? Buhari supporters paraded a coffin with Jonathan's picture all over it , he forgave and moved on. Buhati should forgve as well coz truth be told , 90% of the people are not happy with his administration
Buhari has been ridiculed more than Jonathan. He has been called a dead man, a clone, a cow, an illiterate, etc.
Calling the president names is one thing, making comments that threatens his life or the life of a group of people is another thing.
There are certain lines that shouldn't be crossed
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by Indabello: 2:17pm On Jan 16, 2021
BafanaBafana:

Buhari has been ridiculed more than Jonathan. He has been called a dead man, a clone, a cow, an illiterate, etc.
Calling the president names is one thing, making comments that threatens his life or the life of a group of people is another thing.
There are certain lines that shouldn't be crossed
Gbam. Imagine people saying the President thinks like his cows or that he loves cows more than human. What ridiculing could be worse than been debased to the level of animals.
O guy decided to take it to the next level by deciding it was Russian Sniper that will do the job God has failed to do for him
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by lamentor78(m): 3:34pm On Jan 16, 2021
If that is what is on his kind he may still carry it out even after his regime , what they need to do for him is to de-radicalize him by counselling him that Buhari is not that bad but only that he has no functioning brain.
At least the man will understand
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by Indabello: 4:52pm On Jan 16, 2021
lamentor78:
If that is what is on his kind he may still carry it out even after his regime , what they need to do for him is to de-radicalize him by counselling him that Buhari is not that bad but only that he has no functioning brain.
At least the man will understand
Then, how do you deradicalize his his quest for systematic liquidation of Northern Nigeria?
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by gidgiddy: 6:35pm On Jan 16, 2021
Indabello:

Gbam. Imagine people saying the President thinks like his cows or that he loves cows more than human. What ridiculing could be worse than been debased to the level of animals.
O guy decided to take it to the next level by deciding it was Russian Sniper that will do the job God has failed to do for him

Let me explain this in layman terms. Do you know how many Nigerians say they will kill someone else daily? Do you know many people say "I will kill you today!"? Do you know how many times I tell my children I will kill them when they do something bad? There is nobody who has not verbally threatend to kill another person, whether in anger or frustration. So why have we not all been arrested and charged to court? That is because the constitution grants everyone freedom of speech as long as what you are saying is not used to commit a crime. Crime is about what you do, not about what you say you are going to do.

So if this guy is charged to a law court, and the only evidence tye authorities have is his tweet, the judge is going to lambast the authorities and throw the case out and tge guy may well sue the authorities for false detention. You cannot commit a crime just by saying or tweeting that you want to commit a crime.
Re: A REVISIT ON THE MAN WHO PLANS TO ASSASSINATE MR PRESIDENT by Indabello: 6:39pm On Jan 16, 2021
gidgiddy:

Let me explain this in layman terms. Do you know how many Nigerians say they will kill someone else daily? Do you know many people say "I will kill you today!"? Do you know how many times I tell my children I will kill them when they do something bad? There is nobody who has not verbally threatend to kill another person, whether in anger or frustration. So why have we not all been arrested and charged to court? That is because the constitution grants everyone freedom of speech as long as what you are saying is not used to commit a crime. Crime is about what you do, not about what you say you are going to do.

So if this guy is charged to a law court, and the only evidence tye authorities have is his tweet, the judge is going to lambast the authorities and throw the case out and tge guy may well sue the authorities for false detention. You cannot commit a crime just by saying or tweeting that you want to commit a crime.

Why has the court then refused him bail?
why do we treat foiled attempts as though they had happened?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Chairman Flee As ESN Storm His House For Selling Community Lands To Fulani / Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria / Fact Check: Did Fitch Claim That Tinubu Will Win 2023 Election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.