Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,500 members, 7,812,545 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria (1818 Views)

Akwaibom And Cross River Sould Hold Nnamdi Kanu Tight / Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development / Peter Obi's Wife Is From Akwaibom And She Was First Lady For 8 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by shankara7: 7:02pm On Oct 14, 2022
Data as released by The World Bank

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by Sergio103(m): 7:04pm On Oct 14, 2022
When was it released and can you please provide link??.

Imo and Anambra.......hearties

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by successmatters(m): 7:04pm On Oct 14, 2022
grin

Good to know.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by Bluntguy: 7:11pm On Oct 14, 2022
Anambra should be ahead of Imo and Akwa Ibom

5 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 7:14pm On Oct 14, 2022
I wonder why NBS gave up on State GDP ranking when people were clearly interested.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by richidinho(m): 7:14pm On Oct 14, 2022
grin
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:20pm On Oct 14, 2022
Imo and Anambra states are on number 4th and 6

Ondo and Ogun states taking back seats at number 7 and 8 grin

Shame on Tinubu and his Muslim Muslim tickets

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by SmartPolician: 7:23pm On Oct 14, 2022
Imo State cannot have GDP bigger than Kano, Ogun, Delta and Anambra States.

Imagine the GDP of Ebonyi bigger than that of Enugu grin

These figures are mere speculations.

The persons who put it together don't even understand the country.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by Zonefree(m): 7:24pm On Oct 14, 2022
SmartPolician:

You don't know what you're saying.

About 75.832% of Lagos economy is controlled by Igbos, the only reason you see Lagos above Imo and Anambra.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 7:26pm On Oct 14, 2022
Bluntguy:
Anambra should be ahead of Imo and Akwa Ibom

It should be based on what? Its GPD would have to grow pretty high to close that gap. It wasn't ahead of Akwa ibom last time NBS did the rankings. It should be surprising its still the case.

SmartPolician:

What were the numbers last time NBS did them?

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by Calmcool(f): 7:39pm On Oct 14, 2022
Anambra should be bigger than Imo

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by VeryWickedMan: 8:26pm On Oct 14, 2022
No single Afonja state in the top 5.
1 SE, 3 SS and 1 Federal Capital Territory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by XerXers: 8:30pm On Oct 14, 2022
SmartPolician:

Niger is bigger than Kano
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by LadyExcellency: 8:35pm On Oct 14, 2022
I don't believe Enugu State GDP to be in the last five

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by okeysoninv: 9:34pm On Oct 14, 2022
SmartPolician:

can you compare the amount of oil and gas in imo State to those state you mentioned. no forget imo has highest gas reserve than the mentioned states.
ebonyi has more minerals exploitation than Enugu you want to compare.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 9:46pm On Oct 14, 2022
okeysoninv:
no forget imo has highest gas reserve than the mentioned states.

Can you Rank the gas reserves by state? I notice people on this website make these sort of claims but nobody bothers quantifying it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by okeysoninv: 9:53pm On Oct 14, 2022
Blue3k:

Can you Rank the gas reserves by state? I notice people on this website make these sort of claims but nobody bothers quantifying how it.
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.sunnewsonline.com/imo-blessed-with-largest-gas-deposits-uzodimma/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwi8tInqzOD6AhV2gf0HHSOuAYYQFnoECAEQAg&usg=AOvVaw3vn0UqgQglAYUxmnRK68OO
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 9:54pm On Oct 14, 2022
okeysoninv:
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.sunnewsonline.com/imo-blessed-with-largest-gas-deposits-uzodimma/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwi8tInqzOD6AhV2gf0HHSOuAYYQFnoECAEQAg&usg=AOvVaw3vn0UqgQglAYUxmnRK68OO

Even the governor can't quantify his claims, now thats weird. I'm guessing since you linked me to the article with no numbers you can't either. I wonder why Nigerians lack basic curiosity. Governor just says something and nobody no asks how many cubic meters of gas and how do the other states compare.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by okeysoninv: 10:00pm On Oct 14, 2022
Blue3k:

Even the governor can't quantify his claims now thats weird. I'm guess since you linked me to the article with no numbers you can't either.
oga rest, imo has highest gas deposit in Nigeria. gas from imo are piped to Lagos and ogun for industrial Use. if you have counter link bring it here no argue like a blind man
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 10:05pm On Oct 14, 2022
okeysoninv:
oga rest, imo has highest gas deposit in Nigeria. gas from imo are piped to Lagos and ogun for industrial Use. if you have counter link bring it here no argue like a blind man

lol you have nothing to argue with. The governor said something and its fact as far as you're concerned. There's no point making a positive claims when nobody provides proof of anything. Nobody can quantify it like I asked not you or your governor who made the claim.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by onumadu: 10:12pm On Oct 14, 2022
Nna Enugu mehn. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 14, 2022
IMO has booming hospitality industry

Oil/gas industry

Manufacturing industry and services

Others

Etc

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by Owerriboi: 10:48pm On Oct 14, 2022
Imo state is a cursed backward useless worthless shithole state ravaged by dilapidated roads, filth, slums, shanties, ipob terrorists, etc. The largest industry in imo state is commercial sex hawking, there is nothing like hospitality in imo state, stop confusing large scale prostitution in Owerri with hospitality.

Grgton:
IMO has booming hospitality industryOil/gas industry
Manufacturing industry and servicesOthers Etc
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by Owerriboi: 10:49pm On Oct 14, 2022
Every sane person knows that this report by budgit is just a political propaganda. The same imo state that has almost no major industrial or commercial investments.

SmartPolician:

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 14, 2022
Owerriboi:
Imo state is a cursed backward useless worthless shithole state ravaged by dilapidated roads, filth, slums, shanties, ipob terrorists, etc. The largest industry in imo state is commercial sex hawking, there is nothing like hospitality in imo state, stop confusing larhe scale prostitution in Owerri with hospitality.

IMO tops Anambra in GDP lol

I think you can rest now sir
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by Owerriboi: 10:53pm On Oct 14, 2022
Hahaha..I will keep terrorising you. Imo state doesn't even have GDP that's bigger than that of Sokoto, not to talk of Anambra which is the America of ndi imo

Grgton:
IMO tops Anambra in GDP lol
I think you can rest now sir

See the actual and authentic GDP from NBS. Anambra is the undisputable economic giant. The only thing you have in imo state is commercial sex hawking.

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by Owerriboi: 10:53pm On Oct 14, 2022
Grgton come and read it from another person who knows what's up. Lol

SmartPolician:

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by Owerriboi: 10:55pm On Oct 14, 2022
Calmcool:
Anambra should be bigger than Imo

Grgton you dey see am. No be me talk am oo. People knows what's up. cheesy
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 14, 2022
Owerriboi:
Imo state is a cursed backward useless worthless shithole state ravaged by dilapidated roads, filth, slums, shanties, ipob terrorists, etc. The largest industry in imo state is commercial sex hawking, there is nothing like hospitality in imo state, stop confusing larhe scale prostitution in Owerri with hospitality.

I wish there's another way to scale up the level of your foolishness. Bye
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by Owerriboi: 11:09pm On Oct 14, 2022
Foolish frustrated clown. I thought you would come back to defend your nonsense.

Grgton:
I wish there's another way to scale up the level of your foolishness.
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by techWriter3: 11:10pm On Oct 14, 2022
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwaibom And Imo Ranked Biggest Economies In Nigeria by Graysons: 12:34am On Oct 15, 2022
This list ain't right! How come Akwa ibom is doing so great yet 90% of Akwa ibomites are running away from it because of poverty?

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Chieftain & Kogi Commissioner, Gets Disgraced After Launching An Online Poll / Links Between Kalabari And Igbo Part 3 – History Of Kalabari / 5 Most Powerful Players In Bola Tinubu's Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.