Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Is It Possible To Be Single/unmarried An Yet Happy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Be Single/unmarried An Yet Happy? (1189 Views)

PHOTO: If You Used This And Still Single/unmarried...you Know The Rest / How To Be Single And Happy / Why Will A Single Unmarried Lady Want To Keep An Unplanned Pregnancy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Be Single/unmarried An Yet Happy? by bishoprccg(m): 6:53am On Apr 01, 2011
I once knew a pastor who introduced himself as been single and happy.
There were shouts of displeasure from the audience as he smile wryly.
Few years later he married and today he is living happily with his wife and 2 kids.
Does it mean he was not really happy when he was single who it was just a joke?
I believe it is subject to individuals opinion.
http://ezinearticles.com/?Is-It-Possible-for-a-Person-to-Remain-Single-and-Yet-Enjoy-Genuine-Happiness?&id=6010117
Re: Is It Possible To Be Single/unmarried An Yet Happy? by IZUKWU(m): 7:36am On Apr 01, 2011
Happiness is not a function of marital status. Some people are married but in hell.I believe that happiness is a choice. As for me ,i chose to be happy.
Re: Is It Possible To Be Single/unmarried An Yet Happy? by llemisy(f): 10:11am On Apr 01, 2011
yes appiness is a thing of choice but when yu;re due for marriage nd no partner or proposal yet offcourse yu ave problem to solve i;e if yu;re nt gay/lesbian,
Re: Is It Possible To Be Single/unmarried An Yet Happy? by iice(f): 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2011
IZUKWU:

Happiness is not a function of marital status. Some people are married but in hell.I believe that happiness is a choice. As for me ,i chose to be happy.

End
Re: Is It Possible To Be Single/unmarried An Yet Happy? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 01, 2011
@Ilesimy
People like you, who think that human beings are "due" for marriage, are the kind of people that mostly end up rushing into marrying any he/she donkey out there and end up miserable!
Re: Is It Possible To Be Single/unmarried An Yet Happy? by mcnepow(m): 7:27pm On Apr 01, 2011
For me, I have a right and owe myself a responsibility to be happy whether d 3rd mainland bridge is falling or not. Has notin to do with marital status.
What does the term 'due 4 mariage' mean?
Re: Is It Possible To Be Single/unmarried An Yet Happy? by tine(f): 7:36pm On Apr 01, 2011
I'm in my 40'S and unmarried. I don't think marriage is something to go into so as to fullfill society's expectations of me so I didn't bother. i get all sorts of comments but truth is when i think of the alternative which is most likely being in a marriage just to fullfill society's expectations, i know i made the right choice.

@ poster yes it is possible to be single and happy same as it is possible to be married and happy
Re: Is It Possible To Be Single/unmarried An Yet Happy? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 01, 2011
^^ or married and UNHAPPY!
Re: Is It Possible To Be Single/unmarried An Yet Happy? by BABE3: 8:05pm On Apr 01, 2011
Of course yes! Your marital status shouldn't determine your happiness status!  smiley
Re: Is It Possible To Be Single/unmarried An Yet Happy? by tine(f): 8:29pm On Apr 01, 2011
I wonder where people get the idea that marital status is a determinant of happiness
Re: Is It Possible To Be Single/unmarried An Yet Happy? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 01, 2011
IZUKWU:

On point!

@ Op, I'm single/unmarried and I'm happy cheesy, so yes it is possible cool
Re: Is It Possible To Be Single/unmarried An Yet Happy? by tashanja(m): 6:10am On Apr 02, 2011
I choose to be happily single cool grin
Re: Is It Possible To Be Single/unmarried An Yet Happy? by Thirst4Lif: 8:16am On Apr 02, 2011
Compare your married friends to your unmarried ones. I'll bet the single friends are a lot happier!

Single people don't yet have the same responsibilities and burdens married people have.

Enjoy your singles lives people, it'll all be over soon enough!! wink
Re: Is It Possible To Be Single/unmarried An Yet Happy? by cantell(m): 8:37am On Apr 02, 2011
@poster,
It's quite possible to be single and stay happy if you're single by choice.
Re: Is It Possible To Be Single/unmarried An Yet Happy? by InkedNerd(f): 8:42am On Apr 02, 2011
@OP: Yes, its possible to be single, unmarried, and happy. Marriage doesn't equal happiness nor does being single equate sadness. Just as you can be married and happy you can be married and miserable. The same goes to being single--you can be single and happy or single and miserable.
Re: Is It Possible To Be Single/unmarried An Yet Happy? by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 02, 2011
Without a doubt.
Re: Is It Possible To Be Single/unmarried An Yet Happy? by Ranoscky(m): 9:06am On Apr 02, 2011
tine:

I wonder where people get the idea that marital status is a determinant of happiness
Aba O!

Some people said they feel happy after some wraps of kpoli (weed). Some feel happy when drinking, while some dont drink or smoke but stil feel happy. Be it single or married, being happy is by preference, just like MR.BJ said. If you ask me, the singles are more happier than the married couples. Cos, no too much phone calls about or whereabout, why you came back home late and so on. Im single and forever happy!

OP, ask Asene Wenger (Arsenal manager) if he is happily single or not (I hope you know how old he is)?
Re: Is It Possible To Be Single/unmarried An Yet Happy? by Ranoscky(m): 9:11am On Apr 02, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

can be single and happy or single and miserable.
Hope the 'miserable' is not b'cos, that person is 'single'?

Cos, one can be miserable, depending on how he/she decideds to live his/her life, and not cos of single or married!

If you understand what I mean?!

(1) (Reply)

How To Determine If Your Dealing With An Eventual Wife Or Just A Jumpoff / I Like Watching Indecency / Exclusive:10 True Facts About Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.