Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Why Is Any Number Divided By Zero Equals To Infinity?? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Is Any Number Divided By Zero Equals To Infinity?? (608 Views)

Why Is Any Number Divided By Zero Becomes Undefined / Why Is Any Number Multiplied By Zero Equals To Zero? / How To Find The Square Root Of ANY Number Instantly In 3 Secs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Any Number Divided By Zero Equals To Infinity?? by Susily(m): 1:38pm On Jan 14, 2021
I saw a thread where someone asked why is any number multiplied by zero equals to zero... but this my question is even more confusing and brain-wrecking

Pls the maths gurus on nairaland, help me out on this, why is any number divided by zero equals to infinity
Re: Why Is Any Number Divided By Zero Equals To Infinity?? by eddynaira125: 1:51pm On Jan 14, 2021
U are are just looking for your death, and I pray for you, you shall not die

D day I try to answer this question with some of my pals that did numerical and real analysis, some of my brain cells has been missing since there

There is an answer to it, but is voluminous

That is while my type take is as a law

A/0 = infinity
Re: Why Is Any Number Divided By Zero Equals To Infinity?? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 14, 2021
eddynaira125:
U are are just looking for your death, and I pray for you, you shall not die

D day I try to answer this question with some of my pals that did numerical and real analysis, some of my brain cells has been missing since there

There is an answer to it, but is voluminous

That is while my type take is as a law

A/0 = infinity
Re: Why Is Any Number Divided By Zero Equals To Infinity?? by Gabbriell: 6:58pm On Jan 14, 2021
Susily:
I saw a thread where someone asked why is any number multiplied by zero equals to zero... but this my question is even more confusing and brain-wrecking

Pls the maths gurus on nairaland, help me out on this, why is any number divided by zero equals to infinity

It is not brain wrecking. Here is a simple explanation:

Before i start, note that any number divide by zero is undefined. Undefined and infinity are two different concepts.

In mathematics, understanding the concepts being used, is the key to solving problems.

Brief mathematical definition (layman definition) of basic concepts:
Infinity: signifies Very large number that is unknown

Undefined: means that there is "No solution"

Division: Simply means what number can you multiply the dividend to get the divisor
e.g 10(divisor) ÷ 2(dividend) means which number can you multiply by 2 to get 10. The answer here is 5.

Now back to the question:
10 (or any number) ÷ 0 = undefined. Why?
Ans: 10 divide by zero by law of division means "What number can you multiply by 0 to get 10". There is no such number, hence the we say it is undefined.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Any Number Divided By Zero Equals To Infinity?? by Susily(m): 9:16pm On Jan 14, 2021
Gabbriell:

It is not brain wrecking. Here is a simple explanation:

Before i start, note that any number divide by zero is undefined. Undefined and infinity are two different concepts.

In mathematics, understanding the concepts being used, is the key to solving problems.

Brief mathematical definition (layman definition) of basic concepts:
Infinity: signifies Very large number that is unknown

Undefined: means that there is "No solution"

Division: Simply means what number can you multiply the dividend to get the divisor
e.g 10(divisor) ÷ 2(dividend) means which number can you multiply by 2 to get 10. The answer here is 5.

Now back to the question:
10 (or any number) ÷ 0 = undefined. Why?
Ans: 10 divide by zero by law of division means "What number can you multiply by 0 to get 10". There is no such number, hence the we say it is undefined.

Oh ok now I understand..... thanks a lot for the clarification

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Unilag Foundation/jupeb Registration For 2021/2022 Session / Simple Scaffolding Strategies That Can Boost Students’ Academic Achievement / Waec Result 2022... Waec Grading/marking Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.