Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,889 members, 7,828,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Warmest Blessings And Greetings For The Year Of Our Lord - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Warmest Blessings And Greetings For The Year Of Our Lord (167 Views)

Marrying 2 Wives Has Brought Me Blessings And Elevated My 2 Wives - Yul Edochie / Lagos State Governor Introduces New Anti Coronavirus Shaking And Greetings / Davido Promises To Stop Smoking As Don Jazzy Marks 1 Year Of Not Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Warmest Blessings And Greetings For The Year Of Our Lord by MikePhilly(m): 2:38pm On Jan 14, 2021
Catherine Jinadu

13 Jan 2021
at 08:41

Warmest blessings and greetings for the year of our Lord 2021!

Last year, BP sent out a blog saying the covid is just the “tip of the iceberg.” And when we thought that things could not get worse, things did indeed get worse. Here in UK we are under severe lockdown because of a mutation in the virus which 1 in 30 people in London now carry.

So how you we navigate 2021?

Firstly

Our God is on the throne. He is in charge (Psalm 46) Our times and situations are firmly in His hands. “Greater is He who is for us than he who is in the world. So “fear not.”

But we should not be ignorant. Like men of Issachar we should have an understanding of what is going on in the heavenlies.

Before He left this earth Jesus clearly told us what will happen. In Matthew 24 He enumerated the signs of the end times. There will be wars, earthquakes, famines, persecution, pestilence, betrayals and lawlessness. “But he who endures to the end shall be saved.” He tells us that after these things He, the Lord Jesus Christ will come with His angels to gather the elect (those who are ready.)

As in the days of Noah (Matthew 24)

What were those days? Gen 6:4 – 9 There were giants in the land…….Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

And the Lord was sorry that He had made man…and He was grieved in His heart.

So the Lord said, ‘I will destroy man whom I have created…..for I am sorry that I made them.’”

Our loving Heavenly Father, our Creator, was broken hearted by the behaviour and wickedness of His created beings. Sadly things are no different today. Secular humanism and cultural Marxism are running rampant. Man is king so the thinking goes. We (they) can do what they like with their own bodies. If a pregnancy is inconvenient no worries; just terminate. In UK our government will give you the drugs to do it yourself at home. The blood of 8m babies cries to Him from the ground. The concepts of biblical marriage, and the sanctity of life are trampled on. There is violence on the streets and yes, we will see an increase in riots and civil disobedience.

Sadly, we the church, are complicit in all of this; “evil triumphs when good men do nothing.” Today there are indeed ‘giants in the land,’ and these giants have their own agenda.

When our Father could no longer tolerate the rising tide of wickedness and insubordination He sent a flood. He Creator destroyed His created beings.

But note this! Mankind had a very long warning. It took Noah and his sons one

hundred years to build the ark. For one hundred years Noah urged repentance. Sadly no one listened. How wonderful and encouraging that Noah and his household were saved.

This is the time we now find ourselves in. Noah was a righteous man, “perfect in his generation.” He “found grace in the eyes of the Lord.”

In this time of stress, uncertainty and fear, we, the children of the Most High have a different narrative. We can be like Noah. Let us remind ourselves who we are:

We have been chosen to be ‘in Christ’ before the foundation of the world.
Our Creator, Almighty God, has set His love upon us. He has bought us back from the Evil one. We have been ransomed with the precious blood of His only begotten Son.
We are ‘in the world, but not of the world.’ We are seated with Christ in heavenly places far above all principalities and powers and from there we rule and reign.
Our life is ‘ hidden with Christ in God.’ This promise comes with a condition:
‘For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.’ (Col3: 3) Let’s conduct a funeral service for self and reconsecrate ourselves to live 100% for our God.

Some practical suggestions

1 Let us remind ourselves of who we are: always more than conquerors. Secondly that ‘All things work together for good for those who love God who are called according to His purpose.’

2 Redeem the time
One of the blessings of this period is that we have TIME. Let us use it wisely,

The Bible

This is God’s love letter to you. Read it memorise it. Chew on it research it

Prayer
Thank God for the many prayer platforms but don’t let’s forget our own personal prayer times. My request to the Holy Spirit is that my prayer life will intensify in zeal, in ‘groanings that cannot be uttered’ and in effectiveness. “The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.’ We need to see our friends, neighbours and relatives come to faith in Jesus Christ.

Signs, wonders, healings and miracles.

In your ministry and mine. Why not? Let’s ask

Family Altar

Families are locked in together. Let us ask the Holy Spirit to help our family times of prayer, worship, fellowship and communion more meaningful and effective. Let us encourage our children to play instruments (our kids used to improvise with knives, forks and glasses as we worshipped at meal times! Utensils became drum kits.

Our small children and teens

‘A little child shall lead them.’ ‘Out of the mouths of babes and nursing infants You have perfected praise.’ (Psalm 8:2) This is so powerful! What does the praise of little children do? It ‘ silences the enemy and the avenger.’

Covid will be defeated by praise and worship.
Let us introduce our children to the blessed Holy Spirit. Let them speak in tongues, lay hands on the sick, sing in the spirit and begin to prophesy. Let us make our childen our disciples.

Revival will come
As we take our place to rule and reign in the affairs of men
For those of us in UK we have a great sign of God’s mercy. It’s called BREXIT and thank God it means the heavens are now more open to our prayers and praise.

Improve ourselves

It’s been a great joy for BP and me to see many of our members gaining promotion and learning new skills. There are so many courses on the internet that will give us keys to new skills. One ‘son’ now has a high profile job because of what he studied on the internet. At least two people I know have left employment to start their own wig making business. Another person has started a thriving handmade jewelry business.

Let’s be creative. This is the age of social media. We can write books – at least three members that I know of have published books on Amazon last year. We can write blogs, worship songs, dramas, and children’s stories.
We have the precious commodity called time. Let us utilize it.

Finally

“As in the days of Noah so shall the coming of the Son of Man be…… watch therefore for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming” (Mt 24: 36 – 42)
Jesus is coming soon. A well known bible teacher, Derek Walker*, was asked when he thought the time would be. His reply, “Of course no one knows but I would guess it could be in the next five to fifteen years.”

Jesus is coming for a bride without sin (spot or wrinkle) Noah was a righteous man.

Let us be ready.

With love

Mummy Kate

(1) (Reply)

Read This!!! / This Is One Of The Most Awesome Movie Of 2021!! Chinenye Nnebe's Best Movie / Here Are What You Dont Know About Baba Tee.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.