Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo (1753 Views)

PDP Heading For Self Destruction – Mark / Another Defeat To Omisore Aregbesola Declared Winner Of Osun2014 Guber Election / Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by naso2(m): 9:16am On Apr 01, 2011
i dey laugh oh.  grin grin grin grin

It appears these BB fans know little about the determinants of electoral victory at the national level. I have interviewed literate BB fans in lagos and shockingly discovered that 80% of these fans dont even know the party logo. So wetin go happen for rural area now? kai it appears we will have 2 presidents after april 9; One  for the internet which of course will be BB, while the actual president on ground will be GEJ.

[size=50pt]Fresh air[/size]
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by efisher(m): 9:21am On Apr 01, 2011
They have helped provide cheap popularity by singing PDP's "UMBLERRA" while ignoring their own logo. How ironic.  grin grin grin
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by blacksta(m): 9:27am On Apr 01, 2011
It is so sad for Nigeria on whole  - and at the end of day we are all going to be losers if 80% of eligible voters are all illiterate - I witnessed once at polling both where an old man was asking his handlers which one should i thumb print.
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by Bintus2much(m): 9:31am On Apr 01, 2011
na_so:

i dey laugh oh.  grin grin grin grin

It appears these BB fans know little about the determinants of electoral victory at the national level. I have interviewed literate BB fans in lagos and shockingly discovered that 80% of these fans dont even know the party logo. So wetin go happen for rural area now? kai it appears we will have 2 presidents after april 9; One  for the internet which of course will be BB, while the actual president on ground will be GEJ.

[size=50pt]Fresh air[/size]

If you had said illiterate fans dont know the CPC logo then your post would have made sense but saying the literates are ignorant of the the CPC logo is a lie and an insult to anyone you call a Literate Person
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by Mariory(m): 10:10am On Apr 01, 2011
Actually it is quite possible that there will be literate people who don't know what the logo of CPC is. It is not about them being able to read or not. They simply don't know what the logo is.
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by efisher(m): 10:26am On Apr 01, 2011
Very few have even seen the logo. To make matters worse, majority who have seen the logo have no idea about what the logo represents! What message is the logo passing across? Take a look at parties like ACN and PDP. You do not need a pastor to preach any sermon about what the logo represents. But CPC ?!
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by naso2(m): 10:39am On Apr 01, 2011
Bintus2much:

If you had said illiterate fans dont know the CPC logo then your post would have made sense but saying the literates are ignorant of the the CPC logo is a lie and an insult to anyone you call a Literate Person

I hope you know what you are talking about? My theory is hinged on the thinking that a large proportion of rural/illitrate voters will have to be properly enlightened on how their "love" for Buhari translates into votes for him. In election periods like this its taken for granted that the party Logo has been made visible enough that the average literate voter knows it anywhere. In this case of CPC at least at the moment it is not so. When ACN started there was a sustained publicity of the "broom" so that street support can translate to votes.

efisher:

Very few have even seen the logo. To make matters worse, majority who have seen the logo have no idea about what the logo represents! What message is the logo passing across? Take a look at parties like ACN and PDP. You do not need a pastor to preach any sermon about what the logo represents. But CPC ?!

The logo is a pen that actually looks more like a Dagger(bugashi/jihad) grin grin grin
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by efisher(m): 10:50am On Apr 01, 2011
Same thoughts here. Anytime I see the logo, I remember SHARIA!!!
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by blacksta(m): 10:54am On Apr 01, 2011
i thought the CPC logo was a light blue canvass with an inscription of CPC in black  - hence this makes theory invalid  , knowing what the logo is not - i say, is not relevant  - therefore i am guessing that many would looking for the word CPC or the name Buhari which i believe is well known around the country
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by naso2(m): 11:03am On Apr 01, 2011
blacksta:

i thought the CPC logo was a light blue canvass with an inscription of CPC in black - hence this makes theory invalid , knowing what the logo is not - i say, is not relevant - therefore i am guessing that many would looking for the word CPC or the name Buhari which i believe is well known around the country

So how many people for kaura namoda,katsina ala, gombe,kabba,ikot epkene sabi that one na?

I have brought this out to show that a lot of Buhari's rural supporters will vote "wrongly" on election day.
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by kasiem(m): 11:10am On Apr 01, 2011
Buhari will hold gej responsible 4 dis
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by sheriffman(m): 11:13am On Apr 01, 2011
While this could be true its very worrisome and even before now I did think to myself that the CPC do not have any symbol.emblem that will enable a lot of illiterate voters vote them or something that  makes them to stand out on ballot papers.Very worrisome indeed.The Concept wasnt well thought out in designing the party flag.logo unlike the case with ACN and PDP
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by otokx(m): 11:31am On Apr 01, 2011
can someone paste the logo here?
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by naso2(m): 11:34am On Apr 01, 2011
^^^^^^^

No try am o.
To paste IBN AYATOLLA BUHARI logo for my thread? No try am. Anyway if you see any dagger for ballot paper, that one na im be CPC.
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by efisher(m): 11:38am On Apr 01, 2011
Hahahahahahaha.

This thread has proven beyond reasonable doubt that "A lot of people do not know the CPC logo"

It took a long time before ACN was able to register the broom in the minds of supporters and CPC thinks they can just come overnight and get the same result. That tells us just how "good" a strategist Buhari is. BB team please tell more people about the UMBLERRA story. The voters need to hear that story.
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by sheriffman(m): 11:44am On Apr 01, 2011
Hersc the logo 4 U

Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by sheriffman(m): 11:45am On Apr 01, 2011
Here is the logo 4 U

Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by babytoun: 12:58pm On Apr 01, 2011
@OP
very true and funny. They even forgot to publicise their logo.
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by freezy(m): 1:28pm On Apr 01, 2011
This is some serious shizzle o.

I just did the survey in my office and in all, an average of one in five people know CPC's logo.

Popular logos were 'Umblerra' and the Broom!
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by juventino: 1:45pm On Apr 01, 2011
The logo is a pen that actually looks more like a Dagger(bugashi/jihad) grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Goodluck to your LIFE, You are blessed
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2011
the cpc logo is a pen, a focus on education

nuff said
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by efisher(m): 2:08pm On Apr 01, 2011
And so they drove off the cliff. grin grin grin

Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by DrummaBoy(m): 3:11pm On Apr 01, 2011
80% of what number of people did you interview.
And even if they don't know the logo, cant they read CPC?
My guy there is the element of miracle here that will shift the whole thing the BB way. With free and fair elections, forget it; Jonathan can do nothing. Except they go the usual style: The Owu style; the Do or Die politics.

Olorun O de ni fun won se.

BB for 2011!!!
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by babytoun: 3:24pm On Apr 01, 2011
^^^^^^^^

My guy there is the element of miracle here that will shift the whole thing the BB way. With free and fair elections,

You have already conceeded defeat.

If you are depending on a miracle then say so. you have said that anyway. If in the end you lose it will only mean that the miracle you were expecting did not happen, not that it was rigged.
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by Wadeoye(m): 4:13pm On Apr 01, 2011
However can identify "PDP", "ACN" logo or name will be able to identify CPC as well. CPC in Nigeria today from North to West is a name that attracts people's attention. If you look at the logo, it captures the name as well - very unique. It is going to be very easy for anybody to recognise. Even if some people make
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 01, 2011
Even a blind f[i]oo[/i]l will be able to tell when h/she sees the logo!

Besides are votes cast based on the knowledge of the party's logo? If I'm confused, all I need to do is ask . . .

People are just dumb undecided
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by Beaf: 4:25pm On Apr 01, 2011
@na_so

Bros, you for lef matter! grin
The very same thought has crossed my mind, but I no wan post am before okubras begin wear coat! LOL!

GEJ needs to sort the Imams, there is just one more Friday to go. Tell dem say CPC logo na umblerra and pen na for America and zionists! grin grin grin
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by londoner: 4:39pm On Apr 01, 2011
OP, you are correct. Yesterday on the news on NTA they actually went asking people to describe the logo of PDP, CPC and ACN, most people knew what PDP (obviously) and ACN were, many didn't know what CPC was.

If the ballot boxes are to include the logo ALONE, many people may not be able to vote for BB if they wish to. Maybe in the North they will be able to spot the logo without having the words CPC in full view.

They really need to think fast.
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by naso2(m): 4:44pm On Apr 01, 2011
@Beaf

I understand what you mean, sincerely i thot about that too, as in why tell you enemy where he is failing, but I feel the election is in the bag already for GEJ. Even if they start massive sensitisation now, they lack the structure to penetrate the key rural areas.

@ujujoan

Before you start the usual NL style of veiled or open abuse may be you need to read my post again and understand.

If the name PDP,ACN,CPC is not written on the ballot papers,how many literate voters will be able to locate the party they intend to vote for by identifying the corresponding symbol/logo? When you answer this question you will be able to appreciate what will happen to illitrate voters in rural areas who will depend wholly on the symbols.

@londoner
thanx. you said it all.
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 01, 2011
londoner:

OP, you are correct. Yesterday on the news on NTA they actually went asking people to describe the logo of PDP, CPC and ACN, most people knew what PDP (obviously) and ACN were, many didn't know what CPC was.

If the ballot boxes are to include the logo ALONE, many people may not be able to vote for BB if they wish to. Maybe in the North they will be able to spot the logo without having the words CPC in full view.

PDP is a popular party and it's only natural that people will be more familiar with their logo. But that won't make someone who doesn't support them vote for them!

Don't you think a guide will be at pooling centers to show which logo represents which party?

As right as you are that people are not too familiar with party logos, the idea that it somehow spells defeat is just plain dumb! undecided
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by londoner: 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2011
@Ujujoan, I dont remember saying it will spell defeat.

The fact is that many people are not very familiar with the logo, especially as they are not used to the party (which is relatively new). I know that people will obviously know what the PDP logo looks like.

I have to say though, ACN has made an effort to make sure that people know the broom is synonymous with them.

In every rally that I have seen them in the crowd is full of brooms in hand. Being in the Uk I do not have any exposure to any posters etc of any Nigerian political party, but ACN has made an effort.

Very effective.

In all the many thread here showing crowds and crowds of Buhari supporters, I cant say I have noticed any pronounced effort in this regard. Especially in places where Buhahi has not held rallies or he has not targeted aggressively, it may be difficult for those late deciders to identify his party.

Not everbody is a staunch supporter of the party who they will eventually vote for, it could even be one one issue or even a protest vote against PDP, maybe those people will have an easier time recognising ACN on the ballot box.

In an election which may be in the hands of those on the fence, this becomes important.
Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo by DuDelignc: 5:56pm On Apr 01, 2011

Re: Bb Heading For Another Defeat; 80% Of Literate Supporters Dont Know Party Logo
« #27 on: Today at 04:39:44 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't it curious that the same NTA that refused CPC air time is now going around trying to assess people's awareness of the party's logo?  Which devil are they serving?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gej Vs Bb (second Chance) / Too Many Odds Against You Mr President. / EFCC Releases A List Of The 1st Batch Of Alleged Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.