Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck (17664 Views)

Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters / Apc’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck – Soyinka - / Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by dclinton01(m): 8:42am On Dec 23, 2013
Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka yesterday faulted the visit of All Progressives Congress, APC, leaders to former President Olusegun Obasanjo last Saturday warning that Nigeria was heading for a shipwreck with such political romance.

In his statement, titled: “Shipwreck Ahead”, Professor Soyinka cautioned that Nigeria would need rescue operations if the APC intends to court Obasanjo to serve as a navigator for the ship of the state.

According to Soyinka’s short statement, “an APC-led group, we understand, has been paying courtesy visits to former Heads of States. Would it be correct to state that their purpose is captured in the following Mission Statement? ‘Tinubu added that the APC had resolved to rescue Nigeria, appealing to Obasanjo to lead the mission. We’re resolved and determined to rescue Nigeria. We want you as navigator,’ he said.”

Soyinka, then added: “If this attribution is correct, may I urge you, as an urgent public service, to advise families to begin the stockpiling of life-belts for the guaranteed crash. Don’t forget to alert the coastguards—ECOWAS (Economic Community of West African States), AU (African Union), UNO (United Nations Organization) etc, to be on the alert for possible salvage operations. “If General Sani Abacha were alive today, would he also have been on the ship’s complement? As Captain perhaps?”Soyinka asked.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/apcs-visit-obasanjo-nigeria-heading-shipwreck-soyinka/

16 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by dclinton01(m): 8:47am On Dec 23, 2013
God save Nigeria. Only U can pilot dis ship @ dis point in tym

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by mikael78: 8:54am On Dec 23, 2013
The God of ASUU finally answered my prayers.....2nd is not too bad nah...btwn our MAD prof is becoming normal! Nd ya-all that. Are quoTing me...na space I book....

When next I come to this world...- I no go branch nigeria I swear!!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 23, 2013
mikael78: Ayaf hear you sir! Just

GO nd DIE!

Haa, Agbalagba..... A yanga e lai.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by lanrizil: 9:18am On Dec 23, 2013
mikael78: Ayaf hear you sir! Just

This shows the kind of upbringing u've got.

GO nd DIE!
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Omexonomy: 9:33am On Dec 23, 2013
If a well known thief, assasin, ritualist or baddo is against gej and then he is a progresive
he must be woe into APC.

7 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by EzePromoe: 9:55am On Dec 23, 2013
If 30% "progressives" can think like this man, I could consider APC!

19 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by funshint(m): 10:19am On Dec 23, 2013
Coming from Vanguard again...not surprised!
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by ceo4eva: 10:52am On Dec 23, 2013
BOMBSHELL!

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:56am On Dec 23, 2013
For speaking against Obasanjo, you are no longer a mad professor. We are sorry for abusing you undecided undecided

9 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by LMAyedun(m): 10:58am On Dec 23, 2013
Eze Promoe: If 30% "progressives" can think like this man, I could consider APC!
GBAM!!!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Drniyi4u(m): 10:58am On Dec 23, 2013
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Sard(m): 10:59am On Dec 23, 2013
Progressive party indeed. That's what being desperate for power does! In their quest to gain power, they are now 'wooing' people they used to condemn. Whoever wins 2015 presidential elections, Nigeria is doomed.
Let's break this unholy union!

6 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by xandy84: 11:02am On Dec 23, 2013
Politics is about number but the numbers APC trying to lure to their fold is detrimental. How can a party who claim to be "progressive" be asking OBJ to be navigator of their ship? These set of APC ain't serious man!

7 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by sugarboimaxy(m): 11:02am On Dec 23, 2013
Soyinka has once again proved to be a rational thinker. APC's move to woo OBJ is clearly going to be their greatest undoing. Navigator my foot!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by LMAyedun(m): 11:03am On Dec 23, 2013
The Hypocrisy in APC ehn!!!
SMH!!!

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Gistben: 11:04am On Dec 23, 2013
Mmmmm, naija, God safe us from the hands of these wicked men. Amen

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by snika: 11:04am On Dec 23, 2013
APC ndi ori!!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Gfrey6(m): 11:05am On Dec 23, 2013
Please what is happening in Nigeria?
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by jmoore(m): 11:05am On Dec 23, 2013
Political prostitution are the right words.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by IamDebola: 11:06am On Dec 23, 2013
This Soyinka just love talking..
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by OgologoDimkpa: 11:06am On Dec 23, 2013
Well said!.
This Amalgamation of Political Criminals (APC) is heading for the brick.
They have no clear cut agenda and are just scrambling for power at all cost . angry

They should have a re-think before it is too late. sad

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by chata25(m): 11:08am On Dec 23, 2013
i tink its a strategy 2 get him on board after thy clinche d leadership of d con3 den strike on d mugus
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:09am On Dec 23, 2013
APC is just taking advantage of every PDP's misfortune.
Tomorrow, if another PDP big gun tongue lash GEJ. APC ll rush down to his/her home to visit.
APC is the luckiest party on earth.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by s3nn2x(m): 11:10am On Dec 23, 2013
The unfortunate truth!
I still don't understand how a party which lays claims to being the party that will bring change to Nigeria, still goes around courting members of a party that they claim is the problem of Nigeria.

Does APC genuinely want to bring change, or do they just want to wrestle power from the ruling party, no matter what.

Where are the tecnocrats?

Why are they going after old politicians that have nothing to offer?

10 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Big4wig(m): 11:11am On Dec 23, 2013
Biko pdp,apc & d rest,shift abeg

Omondi, goes into a doctor's office. The doctor, a Mr Golongo says,
"Oh, Mr. Omondi! We have the results of your test.
Do you want the bad news first or the very bad news?"
Omondi, shrugs and says, "Well I guess I'll have the bad news first."
"Well the bad news is, you have 24
hours to live," the doctor replies.
Omondi is distraught, "24 hours to live? That's horrible! What could be worse than that? What's the VERY bad news?"
Dr Golongo then folds his hands and sighs, "The very bad news is...I've been trying to contact you since yesterday...".

#BIGWIGcheesycheesy

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by packman: 11:11am On Dec 23, 2013
[size=20pt]hmm ok ooooo

na you sabi

but to be on a realistic term i would love to say that I AGREE WITH BABA PROF WOLE SOYINKA

i am a very strong FAN of BABA BUHARI AND CPC but i am going tell you that i am VERY STRONG ENEMY OF
CRIMINAL TINUBU AND ACN i would souly agree with a brother of mine on nairaland who said what he only saw
in the so called APC was only GREED AND STRUGGLE FOR POWER and with the recent happening i think MY BELIEVE AND
SUPPORT FOR BUHARI IS DERAILING DRASTICALLY

THE WORST IS THAT THE SO CALLED HYPOCRITES ARE NOW TRYING TO LINK THEMSELVES TO THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY

IN ALL ATTEMPT GET POWER BY FORCE [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by bjdon: 11:12am On Dec 23, 2013
My people do they still read 'Animal Farm' in JSS? if not I implore you to go and read that book, if they still read it then you'll be familar with how in the end the Pigs were dinning their so called enemies, the humans, while the rest of the anmials were starving outside. That is Nigeria today. The rulling class play us like fools. There is no difference between APC, APGA, PDP, ANPP, UNP, NPN, AD, AC, PRP....., They are all subscribe to the motto of 'You chop I chop'!!

It's so sad to see Buhari mortgage himself like this. While i never really trusted the man, after he worked with Abacha, I was ready to give him the benefit of the doubt as many Niaralnders seem to think he was 'The One'. I hope all your eyes are open now and you can see that Buhari is simply just 'Another one'

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 23, 2013
The Mad Professor is now the darling of the Ibos..... grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by zonax(m): 11:14am On Dec 23, 2013
Nice one prof. G̲̣̣̣̥o̲̣̥O̲̣̣̥ƌ̲̣̣̣̥ point. Am not a tribalistic person, but all I see APC aiming at is to wrestle power off GEJ's hand and by any means humanly possible, return it to the north come 2015.
Re: Soyinka - APC’s Visit To Obasanjo: Nigeria Heading For Shipwreck by ucyoma(m): 11:15am On Dec 23, 2013
I thought APC was the messiah that would bring the desired change we need in Nigeria, but APC’s incessant admission and political romance with very obvious bad eggs in the system just made rubbish of my silly hasty-thoughts pointing to one fact
APC’s mission is not to fight corruption or bring change as they made us thought, but just a syndicate of desperate power hijackers and desperadoes ( in the people of Buhari, Tinubu n co) and unhappy, aggrieved elites who so desperate to thirst power and not happy that GEJ is from the Minority (and as such shouldn’t rule)
At this juncture, itx obvious dat what we nid in Nigeria is not change but revolution. We need sm1 lyk Jerry Rawlings of Ghana who will take tinx personal n flush the entire bad eggs out of the system

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Buhari’s Return In 2019 Will End In Tragedy" - Junaid Mohammed / The Partitioning Of Nigeria Ahead Of 2023 / Okorocha Holds Thanksgiving To Mark His Return From Abroad - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.