Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,258 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria (16842 Views)

COVID-19 Update For January 14 2022 In Nigeria / COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria / COVID-19 Update For January 15 2021 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by Lordbinsmar: 7:33am On Jan 15, 2021
Farid24224:
Opoooooooor!!

We really need to shut the country down, this is not a drill, Corona virus is real and it's spreading even more than the first wave.

Federal government should impose a month lock down and increase test to the help curb the virus before it go out of hands..Okay ooo

OGUN KILL YOU AND SHUT YOUR LIFE DOWN.
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by NairaMaster1(m): 7:35am On Jan 15, 2021
MansoryMX:
Seems there is increasing rate lately and death as well. What are you waiting for before you catch Buhari...

Is it the one buried in Saudi Arabia or the one that want to take advantage of Aisha and she ran to hide?
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by Toks2008(m): 7:35am On Jan 15, 2021
luvmijeje:

God bless you. It's far higher. There's already community transmission. 3 guys who have Covid-19 came to my office looking for lab who who will give them a negative result simply because they want to travel out. They refuse to isolate. I'm just praying they have not given to me.

If people who knew they were positive didn't isolate imagine thousands of people who don't even know they have it. We are all in soup.

Ironically, we usually have a die at home attitude in Nigeria as many hardly visit hospitals even when they are seek howbeit when we just have funny symptoms so in actual fact i believe many people have died of covid without ever visiting the hospital and they usually attribute the death to other ailments.

I am not rooting for NDDC because of the corruption naija parastatals are known for but all i can see is an increase in death which may even be more but they just might be trying to downplay to avoid panic.
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by Mruwa1(m): 7:56am On Jan 15, 2021
Uncharted56:
This thing is real stop saying it's fake someone close to me had it , tested positive for it and it was terrible but thank goodness the individual recovered
it is treatable confirmed and managable but d way dey advertise am be like say once u catch am is not treatable now the question why d vaccine?
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by kayswag100(m): 7:57am On Jan 15, 2021
luvmijeje:

God bless you. It's far higher. There's already community transmission. 3 guys who have Covid-19 came to my office looking for lab who who will give them a negative result simply because they want to travel out. They refuse to isolate. I'm just praying they have not given to me.

If people who knew they were positive didn't isolate imagine thousands of people who don't even know they have it. We are all in soup.

My God! Looking for negative results when they are positive!!
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by Reference(m): 8:24am On Jan 15, 2021
23 deaths in a day should be a new national record. There are grounds for serious concern in this country.
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by womenareapes: 8:43am On Jan 15, 2021
Farid24224:
Opoooooooor!!

We really need to shut the country down, this is not a drill, Corona virus is real and it's spreading even more than the first wave.

Federal government should impose a month lock down and increase test to the help curb the virus before it go out of hands..Okay ooo
lockdown finish you and your family there undecided

ediot

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by womenareapes: 8:55am On Jan 15, 2021
Tspot:

You are very right it's high time Seun starts deleting comments from ignorant people.This is how Trump treated Covid-19 with kid gloves now over 4300 americans died in a day, a few days a go .

They think you can joke or lie your way out of a deadly disease like this.How can one sit down and think for some government officials to steal a few billions they have to loose trillions of Naira by shutting down your economy for weeks.
Worse still even the educated one will join them to be shouting scamdemic.If this thing should spread, body wey dey catch dem go come down.
Pandemics are what you don't joke with.

As a matter of fact those figures are highly inaccurate because the number of infections and deaths are way more than that.How many Nigerians care to notify NCDC when they are infected or lose someone to covid-19?
yes the infections and death are way more in you and your family members undecided

using your mouth and be wishing your own family to die of covid 19.

ewu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by womenareapes: 9:05am On Jan 15, 2021
Toks2008:

Ironically, we usually have a die at home attitude in Nigeria as many hardly visit hospitals even when they are seek howbeit when we just have funny symptoms so in actual fact i believe many people have died of covid without ever visiting the hospital and they usually attribute the death to other ailments.

I am not rooting for NDDC because of the corruption naija parastatals are known for but all i can see is an increase in death which may even be more but they just might be trying to downplay to avoid panic.
increase in death in your family undecided

you people will just come here and be talking rubbish!

recent findings and discovery which make scientists puzzled. Africa in whole have the lowest death rate which is about 0.1 % of deaths around the world. this is due to our high immune system undecided

there even a proposed suggestion of using our antigen to facilitate vaccine.

so keep wishing your family death from covid!

rubbish
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by Neddstark: 9:08am On Jan 15, 2021
kayswag100:

Thanks brother for sharing. I really appreciate this as well as thank God you were able to successfully fight the virus. Will spread the word on symptoms so we all can be careful. #staymasked

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by Farid24224(m): 9:32am On Jan 15, 2021
westlius:

Who and who is joining me to this our nice bro house for 1 month (lockdown as prescribed by him).
My brother if u can survive 1 month lockdown
Large population of Nigeria cant survive 1 day lockdown.
This country hard oo

Haha!!

So what do you think will be best way to stop the drastic spread of the virus??
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by Farid24224(m): 9:33am On Jan 15, 2021
Kingv:

There should be an emergency lockdown on your English too

What are you even talking about?
My English?!
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by PoliteActivist: 9:34am On Jan 15, 2021
luvmijeje:

There is nothing with being ignorant but what I hate is playing with people's life with your ignorance. And the annoying thing is that you are not ready to learn. However, for the sake of others I will rubbish the foolish stat you put up there.

Do you know when the coronavirus was discovered in Nigeria early last year, the country(Abuja and Lagos largely) was shut down for 4 weeks, our airspace was shut down for 4 months and other public institution was shut down for months. While we are shutting down UK and US refused to shut down because they have people like you running their government. They are now bearing the consequences but they can afford to bear it because they are rich.

But can Nigeria survive the consequences?

Hehe, see bold faced lie o. We were BEGGING the Fed govt to shut down or start quarantining like other countries. THEY REFUSED!! Even China that every country banned. I was among those BEGGING. Nigeria was about the last country.to shut her airspace. You can make your point without telling bald faced llies
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by Farid24224(m): 9:35am On Jan 15, 2021
doggedfighter:

They should shut you down not the country

Why the hell will they do that?

If you have nothing tangible to say just don't comment puta....
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by abidem4real: 9:36am On Jan 15, 2021
Sauter:
1479 New COVID-19 Cases, 1275 Discharged And 23 Deaths On January 14

https://twitter.com/NCDCgov/status/1349846552953683968

https://twitter.com/NCDCgov/status/1349850190308651008
http://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/

This mortality rate is high ooo
May God save this country ooo
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by Farid24224(m): 9:37am On Jan 15, 2021
obstead200:
u dey fear Abi?

I guess u are an elite or the child of an elite....most likely a politician.

No struggling Nigerian will ever suggest shutting down the country

Yes of course, but am not a child of an Elite but if we can survive the previous one, we will keep on surviving.
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by PoliteActivist: 9:39am On Jan 15, 2021
Toks2008:

There is no basis for comparison....my comment is very clear. I mentioned about the increase in the numbers and not the total number of death compared to other countries.

Is it until we start counting thousands that you will realize there is need for caution?

Just that the discrepancy is so extreme. In science Nigeria will be recorded as zero deaths - negligible
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by luvmijeje(f): 9:41am On Jan 15, 2021
kayswag100:

My God! Looking for negative results when they are positive!!

Nigerians are instinctively corrupt. It is not easy to be principle in this country. You have to see the way they were profusely begging.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by luvmijeje(f): 9:49am On Jan 15, 2021
Toks2008:

We will all know our faith by the end of January. In the age of social media, one can only downplay it for a little while.
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by PoliteActivist: 9:53am On Jan 15, 2021
luvmijeje:

Stop panicking! It is not the same virus here as in, say, US. 23 deaths vs. 4000! In science 9ja will be recorded as having negligible (zero) covid deaths

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by PoliteActivist: 9:57am On Jan 15, 2021
Toks2008:

U can't hide it if it were here. There'd be no place to put the bodies. That's what happening in western counties
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by luvmijeje(f): 10:00am On Jan 15, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Stop panicking! It is not the same virus here as in, say, US. 23 deaths vs. 4000! In science 9ja will be recorded as having negligible (zero) covid deaths

I want to test how brilliant you are. How many cases in total do we have in Nigeria and how many do they have in US?
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by PoliteActivist: 10:08am On Jan 15, 2021
luvmijeje:

I want to test how brilliant you are. How many cases in total do we have in Nigeria and how many do they have in US?

See your answers below:

9ja cases are less than ½% of US = negligible (zero)

9ja - 105k

US - 23.4m

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by Toks2008(m): 10:12am On Jan 15, 2021
womenareapes:
increase in death in your family undecided

you people will just come here and be talking rubbish!

recent findings and discovery which make scientists puzzled. Africa in whole have the lowest death rate which is about 0.1 % of deaths around the world. this is due to our high immune system undecided

there even a proposed suggestion of using our antigen to facilitate vaccine.

so keep wishing your family death from covid!

rubbish

Looking at your Nairaland user ID i can decipher your level of intelligence quotient so i will let this pass.
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by luvmijeje(f): 10:14am On Jan 15, 2021
PoliteActivist:

See your answers below:

9ja -

US -

God bless you. If the total cases are not the same, why will the death rate be the same? What is the rationale behind you comparing the death rate?
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by womenareapes: 10:17am On Jan 15, 2021
Toks2008:

Looking at your Nairaland user ID i can decipher your level of intelligence quotient so i will let this pass.
this literally proven how foolish you are! undecided

this old ediot won't get sense for once

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by PoliteActivist: 10:20am On Jan 15, 2021
luvmijeje:

God bless you. If the total cases are not the same, why will the death rate be the same? What is the rationale behind you comparing the death rate?

Meaning? U r comparing covid just like u compare Lagos and Kogi.
9ja cases are less than ½% of US, in other words statistically zero.
Meaning u should stop panicking
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by luvmijeje(f): 10:37am On Jan 15, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Meaning? U r comparing covid just like u compare Lagos and Kogi.
9ja cases are less than ½% of US, in other words statistically zero.
Meaning u should stop panicking

I wish that I am capable of reasoning like you. I wish that I can just live in the present and damn the future but I can't. The US had 24 million cases within a period of 11 months. Our cases is not like the US because we shut down earlier. Our Airspace was shut down for 4 months. All these measures helped us. Without shut down, how long do you think it will take Nigeria to get to 24 million cases. Remember most Nigerians lived in face to face houses. Do you think if we get to 24 million cases our death rate will be the same as US, remember our health care facilities is nothing to write home about.

I am panicking because we are doing nothing to prevent the disaster in front of us.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by PoliteActivist: 10:43am On Jan 15, 2021
luvmijeje:

I wish that I am capable of reasoning like you. I wish that I can just live in the present and damn the future but I can't. The US had 24 million cases within a period of 11 months. Our cases is not like the US because we shut down earlier. Our Airspace was shut down for 4 months. All these measures helped us. Without shut down, how long do you think it will take Nigeria to get to 24 million cases. Remember most Nigerians lived in face to face houses. Do you think if we get to 24 million cases our death rate will be the same as US, remember our health care facilities is nothing to write home about.

I am panicking because we are doing nothing to prevent the disaster in front of us.

How old r u? Or when did u join Nairaland? U keep saying the same thing. AND IT IS THE OPPOSITE!! It was here on NL we were begging FG to close airspace or at least do quarantine of visitors like other countries. THEY REFUSED! Not even Wuhan was banned! Nigeria was among the last countries to shut airspace. Don't discourse what u don't know!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by luvmijeje(f): 10:50am On Jan 15, 2021
PoliteActivist:

How old r u? Or when did u join Nairaland? U keep saying the same thing. AND IT IS THE OPPOSITE!! It was here on NL we were begging FG to close airspace or at least do quarantine of visitors like other countries. THEY REFUSED! Not even Wuhan was banned! Nigeria was among the last countries to shut airspace. Don't discourse what u don't know!

But the airspace was shut down for 4 months. Whether they did it late or not doesn't matter. What matter is that they did it and it saves lives. It slowed down the virus.
Re: COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria by doggedfighter(f): 10:50am On Jan 15, 2021
Farid24224:

Why the hell will they do that?

If you have nothing tangible to say just don't comment puta....
Because you lack common sense, Farida

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Class Method To Prevent Pregnancy.(photo) / Remove Camphor From Your Newborns, It Causes Jaundice – Aproko Doctor / COVID-19 Update For January 13 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.