Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names (7405 Views)

Atiku Chases Journalists From Plateau PDP Secretariat, Equipement Damaged / Lalong: I Won’t Relent Until The Last Almajiri Is Relocated From Plateau / ‘300 Nigerians Trained In Israel’: Reps From Plateau Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by owobokiri(m): 8:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
keandre:

I swear,I once saw a merit list of ndu with names like : million,mopol, president, government,papa, aeroplane,
There are so many names like that.. They do it innocently. Basically naming their kids after the events of the moment.. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a new born about to be named "Covid" somewhere in Yenegoa right now..
Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by Lighthammer(m): 8:49pm On Jan 15, 2021
Person deey bear government ekpemupolo benjamin ebibabokwei biobarakuma degi eremenyo i mean wtf
Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by blamingthedevil: 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
Most interesting thread

1 Like

Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by missjekyll: 9:08pm On Jan 15, 2021
theMagnet:

Its very weird for an African name
But normal for Asians
Our tone is very different

if you do a simple wikipedia search on the language family,you will understand.
Let this be the last time you describe a culture in derogatory terms. You cant complain when a racist skinhead does the same to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by missjekyll: 9:11pm On Jan 15, 2021
NewDelhi:

You sound like an illiterate who is frustrated with life. Of all the comments on this peaceful thread, you're the only one who resulted to petty insults . Nobody here is the cause of your misfortune, nobody here is the reason your life is stagnant. Now leave this place and channel your frustrations elsewhere.

I repeat You are not very smart. What is the language family of this tongue you are deriding? Do you even know? Do you know what the Indians you love so much would say about your name?
Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by Prechy08(m): 9:19pm On Jan 15, 2021
names like
well well welcome
I have seen and heard comes from that S/S
Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by Depressed101: 9:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
Kriss216:
Bayelsa People with their names be laughing at you right now .
Omo those ijaw names are so long and unpronounceable
Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by Depressed101: 9:27pm On Jan 15, 2021
Kingkum:
Lol,

Their Names Are Funny/Difficult To Pronounce But Really Cool.

Just Imagine Names Like;

Pankshin,

Longwal,

Gumit,

Pwajok,

Dayum,

Quanpan,
Etc
difficult ke. Abeg commot that word for your mouth... Go hear ijaw names
Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by Depressed101: 9:29pm On Jan 15, 2021
owobokiri:
Lol,
Na for bayelsa/ijaw area you go jam name ooo

Heineken
Independence
Coincidence
Highway
Fineface
Godspeed
Evidence
Endurance

No be small thing oo
ah swear, I have friends whose surnames were
Blacky
Gumface
Government

1 Like

Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by Depressed101: 9:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
owobokiri:

Some answer "Shell" and "Government"
Do your check bro, they mean business with names that side...
i have two friends whose surnames were government

1 Like

Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by OscarJaden(m): 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2021
You will hear
Tallen
Rotdima
shimwadang
Ajang
Azi
Nendirmwa
mafeng
Bot
Nandir
proudly from J-Town anyday anytime

1 Like

Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by NewDelhi(m): 9:50pm On Jan 15, 2021
missjekyll:

I repeat You are not very smart. What is the language family of this tongue you are deriding? Do you even know? Do you know what the Indians you love so much would say about your name?
Your illiteracy is astonishing and you keep proving it kid. Like what are we talking about, what are you saying concerning my love for indians. oh probably my moniker right?. So I use an Indian moniker means I love them right? Kid get busy with your life and stop wasting your parents money. I doubt you even read the topic which I never expected you to. The same reasons the Europeans will see Japanese names as weird is the same reason we are talking about the plateau here.

Pls don't quote me again ,I repeat don't quote me again you agent of doom.. Channel your frustrations to your wretched family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by theMagnet: 11:08pm On Jan 15, 2021
missjekyll:

Let this be the last time you describe a culture in derogatory terms. You cant complain when a racist skinhead does the same to you
Lol
I ain't using derogatory terms on anyone
Their names sound weird to me just like my name would sound weird to you
You got it all wrong cheesy
Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by JubrinElSudan: 11:13pm On Jan 15, 2021
Okoroawusa:

Bro haba!... coincidence and highway? Are you serious?
One of my students during nysc in Patani, the surname is "Doublebarrel"�. Then another one bears Texaco
Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by blamingthedevil: 3:02am On Jan 16, 2021
JubrinElSudan:
One of my students during nysc in Patani, the surname is "Doublebarrel"�. Then another one bears Texaco
Are you sure
Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by kudumopol(m): 5:05am On Jan 16, 2021
patwilly:
Adamawa people too. Hong, Gong, Song etc are names of places/people.
you are right. I spent the first 5 years of my life in Song and I can relate with the 'Three sisters Rock' in song.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by NewDelhi(m): 7:17am On Jan 16, 2021
theMagnet:

Lol
I ain't using derogatory terms on anyone
Their names sound weird to me just like my name would sound weird to you
You got it all wrong cheesy
That missjekyll is a frustrated kid fed up with life and suffering from a serious mental condition.
Everyone on this thread commented peacefully and had fun he was the only person that started throwing insults around. The only person.
It shows the kind of home training he had and background he's from.
Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by JubrinElSudan: 7:24am On Jan 16, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Are you sure
Am I sure for names I witnessed myself? Well, the DB guy said it was the Grand Pa's name
Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by mjgoshi(m): 8:07am On Jan 16, 2021
Bruno3000:
I know someone that bears Nimwarang
its Nenwarang which means God is great. An Ngas name from plateau central, pankshin and kanke local government council
Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by Thebigheart: 8:37am On Jan 16, 2021
owobokiri:
Lol,
Na for bayelsa/ijaw area you go jam name ooo

Heineken
Independence
Coincidence
Highway
Fineface
Godspeed
Evidence
Endurance

No be small thing oo

Please, add these names.
Water-way
Aeroplane

1 Like

Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by orisa37: 9:36am On Jan 16, 2021
Xi Jiping brings WUHAN to Plateau.
Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by orisa37: 9:39am On Jan 16, 2021
Xi Jiping brings WUHAN to Plateau. CHINESE' CONNECTION.
Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by missjekyll: 9:47am On Jan 16, 2021
NewDelhi:

Your illiteracy is astonishing and you keep proving it kid. Like what are we talking about, what are you saying concerning my love for indians. oh probably my moniker right?. So I use an Indian moniker means I love them right? Kid get busy with your life and stop wasting your parents money. I doubt you even read the topic which I never expected you to. The same reasons the Europeans will see Japanese names as weird is the same reason we are talking about the plateau here.

Pls don't quote me again ,I repeat don't quote me again you agent of doom.. Channel your frustrations to your wretched family.

Stop referring to people's names using the word weird. weird has a negative connotation. you wouldn't use it on stuff you admire. You opened this thread to make a mockery of things you havent taken the time to understand. Village Champion. you should get out more. Actually travel to plateau and meet the people then come back and delete this thread.You must loooove India,why would you name yourself after it. I havent seen anybody named Buhari yet. As for my frustrations, I m loving it
Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by Bruno3000(m): 10:42am On Jan 16, 2021
mjgoshi:
its Nenwarang which means God is great. An Ngas name from plateau central, pankshin and kanke local government council
ok
Re: Why Do People From Plateau State Bear Weird, Funny But Cool Names by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 17, 2021
missjekyll:

I heard that the plateau people are bantu speaking people and their language branch is niger congo, who knows maybe that is why they have those names

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

River State Dont Want To Be In The SS, They Are easterners and 80% igbos / "Land Is Free For All Genuine Investors In Imo" -gov. Okorocha Declares. / Simon Achuba Sues Kogi House Of Assembly Over Impeachment Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.