Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,633 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Benin Electricity Distribution Company(BEDC), The Public Must Hear This! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Benin Electricity Distribution Company(BEDC), The Public Must Hear This! (1996 Views)

Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) Outrageous Billing / Help! Benin Electricity Distribution Company Is Robing Me Blind / Benin Electricity Distribution Company (bedc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benin Electricity Distribution Company(BEDC), The Public Must Hear This! by imagrg(m): 12:15pm On Jan 15, 2021
Moderator, please permit me if this is not the right place to complain.

For more than three years now BEDC has been giving me extraordinary estimated bills despite the fact that I CONSISTENTLY pay N5,000 monthly.

I have complained SEVERALLY via the customer care services online and offline to no avail.

Monthly they give me bills ranging between N13,000 to about N34,000 as electricity bill for a flat.
Recently, they came up with a bill of N20,191.8 for just a flat for the month of December 2020.
Funny enough, we had light for just 4 days in December because of their faulty transformer.

I at at time complained to them about this plight on their Twitter handle all to no avail hence my making this matter public again on Nairaland with the hope that they may read this.

Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company(BEDC), The Public Must Hear This! by ahnie: 12:23pm On Jan 15, 2021
You stress your self too much ..pls stop stressing yourself make sore no go dey inside your throat.

Sir ....please re appear again in their office,demand to see their cso or operational manager tell him to give you LOAD ACESSMENT form...fix a day with them when to appear and kindly remove gadgets like Ac,chest freezer and the rest electricity consuming gadgets.
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company(BEDC), The Public Must Hear This! by jadyclem(m): 12:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
BEDC is one of the most corrupt electricity distribution companies in Nigeria. They bill their customers any how whether there is light or not. This is their usual practice that is why they've refused to give anyone prepared meter. Look, I don't think there's anything you can do because this is naija and nobody send the common man. Beside, na politicians them privatize NEPA give that's one of the major reasons why we're going to keep paying our hard earned money for darkness until we all rise up and say enough is enough to this nonsense. But until then, keep paying your monthly 5k for darkness: that's one of the cross we have to carry for being Nigerians. Kpele!
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company(BEDC), The Public Must Hear This! by Mannyemmy(m): 1:07pm On Jan 15, 2021
imagrg:
Moderator, please permit me if this is not the right place to complain.

For more than three years now BEDC has been giving me extraordinary estimated bills despite the fact that I CONSISTENTLY pay N5,000 monthly.

I have complained SEVERALLY via the customer care services online and offline to no avail.

Monthly they give me bills ranging between N13,000 to about N34,000 as electricity bill for a flat.
Recently, they came up with a bill of N20,191.8 for just a flat for the month of December 2020.
Funny enough, we had light for just 4 days in December because of their faulty transformer.

I at at time complained to them about this plight on their Twitter handle all to no avail hence my making this matter public again on Nairaland with the hope that they may read this.
BEDC are very annoying. Try and purchase a prepaid meter to save you all these stress. Moreover, BEDC aren't really online, so go and visit them at their office at akpakpava road and make your complaint known to them.
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company(BEDC), The Public Must Hear This! by DESTROTECH(m): 1:12pm On Jan 15, 2021
Same thing happened to me too am in Benin in my house we don't use those heavy stuff that could attract big bill fee but the amount they do bring for us is something else... We have complained several times but they keep saying it a mistake they we resolve it... I think they no what their doing
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company(BEDC), The Public Must Hear This! by DESTROTECH(m): 1:14pm On Jan 15, 2021
Mannyemmy:

BEDC are very annoying. Try and purchase a prepaid meter to save you all these stress. Moreover, BEDC aren't really online, so go and visit them at their office at akpakpava road and make your complaint known to them.

Bro even when u request for the prepaid meter there we say it not available yet since how many years we have been trying to get one.
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company(BEDC), The Public Must Hear This! by samwash(m): 1:18pm On Jan 15, 2021
Benin City when nor dey get light ,na them dey bring estimated bill of 20k for flat.
The last time I visited Benin City,I only see light less than 3hrs in 24hrs, till the next 2days.
Just visit their head office at Ring Road.
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company(BEDC), The Public Must Hear This! by DESTROTECH(m): 1:21pm On Jan 15, 2021
samwash:
Benin City when nor dey get light ,na them dey bring estimated bill of 20k for flat.
The last time I visited Benin City,I only see light less than 3hrs in 24hrs, till the next 2days.
Just visit their head office at Ring Road.

Naso we see am my brother sometimes we nor day see am at all....

Generator has been helping us here
Re: Benin Electricity Distribution Company(BEDC), The Public Must Hear This! by imagrg(m): 1:07pm On Jan 16, 2021
I've done that severally.
ahnie:
You stress your self too much ..pls stop stressing yourself make sore no go dey inside your throat.

Sir ....please re appear again in their office,demand to see their cso or operational manager tell him to give you LOAD ACESSMENT form...fix a day with them when to appear and kindly remove gadgets like Ac,chest freezer and the rest electricity consuming gadgets.

(1) (Reply)

Don't Be A Victim, See What Polaris Bank Is Doing / NNPC Initiates Rationing Of Fuel In Abuja? / Turn Ur Data Into Cash!!!! Come In People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.