Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,547 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

I Brought A Used Lexus Gs350 And Now It’s Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Brought A Used Lexus Gs350 And Now It’s Issues (1849 Views)

A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This / 2011 Toyota Camry Xle V6 Vs Lexus GS350 Of The Same Year / Lexus GS350 Stiff Steering Wheel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Brought A Used Lexus Gs350 And Now It’s Issues by addeyscore(m): 12:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
Dears, so I recently bought this Lexus has 350 08mode...

1. A neighborhood mechanic said the engine shouldn’t be running after I press the start button (that’s without pressing the brake pad) that it could drain the car battery ( and yes I have changed the battery). Is this true?
2. After the battery change the boot/trunk won’t open, I can’t control the front passenger window from driver side
3. Showing low tire on the dashboard

Anybody with solutions to this my problems?
Re: I Brought A Used Lexus Gs350 And Now It’s Issues by bishopkay: 12:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
addeyscore:

1. A neighborhood mechanic said the engine shouldn’t be running after I press the start button (that’s without pressing the brake pad) that it could drain the car battery ( and yes I have changed the battery). Is this true?
2. After the battery change the boot/trunk won’t open, I can’t control the front passenger window from driver side

Perhaps you could shed more light on your article 1? What led to your changing the battery?

Pressing the push button once without stepping on the brakes gives a similar result as when you turn the key in the ignition once. The fan comes up and some lights on the dashboard lights up.

So shed more light on why you changed the battery.
Re: I Brought A Used Lexus Gs350 And Now It’s Issues by SocialJustice: 12:51pm On Jan 15, 2021
addeyscore:

Go do obd scan to know what's wrong before mechanic destroys your car with guess work

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Brought A Used Lexus Gs350 And Now It’s Issues by blissbliss: 1:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
Be sure you visit a good mechanic and if possible do a scan.

That car is really expensive for anything to go wrong due to misdiagnosis.
Re: I Brought A Used Lexus Gs350 And Now It’s Issues by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 2:50pm On Jan 15, 2021
Avoid that particular mechanic until you scan your car, if you're in Lagos i can recommend some pretty good mechs for you
Re: I Brought A Used Lexus Gs350 And Now It’s Issues by Themandalorian: 8:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
1. I suggest you go to a reputable mechanic someone like gazzuzz or radautoworks, they are both based in Lagos.
2. The removal of the battery might has caused some sensors to stop working so it might need a reset.
3. Showing low air pressure basically means your tyre needs more air (vulcanizer) but if your tyre is adequately pumped with air then the sensor for the air pressure might be bad though I suggest you scan first to be sure.
Re: I Brought A Used Lexus Gs350 And Now It’s Issues by mejai(m): 10:03pm On Jan 15, 2021
Village people contacting you through that neighborhood mechanic.

1 Like

Re: I Brought A Used Lexus Gs350 And Now It’s Issues by Kettlecorn: 1:53am On Jan 16, 2021
Try this for your malfunctioning trunk. There is a valet button in the glove compartment that locks and unlocks the trunk. Push this button then try opening the trunk. It possibly got reset when you replaced your battery. If it doesn't work after pushing the button, disconnect your battery cable and let it sit for 5 minutes. Connect and try again. Third option is to open the trunk using the key slot beside number plate light on the trunk lid until you get this figured out.
Your air pressure light (TPMS) on simply means one or more of the tires is out of range of the correct air pressure. Check all 4 and make sure they are all at the same recommended pressure. If you have a full size spare with a linked sensor, make sure to check that too.

(1) (Reply)

Honda 2008 Frequent Oil Change / What Is And Why Vin? / My Sienna 2006 Goes Off While Driving. Any Solution.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.