Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice (765 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice by jesutofunmi111: 7:18pm On Jan 15, 2021
As a lady, is it ever a good idea to tell a guy you like him. If you've ever done it, can you share your experience or give your opinion. For the guys , is it a turn on or a turn off.
Re: Advice by EzegeNdiigbo: 7:26pm On Jan 15, 2021
If you like someone approach him/her and tell am yer mind

1 Like

Re: Advice by helinues: 7:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
It is a turn off by saying but accepted when expressed
Re: Advice by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:46pm On Jan 15, 2021
jesutofunmi111:
As a lady, is it ever a good idea to tell a guy you like him. If you've ever done it, can you share your experience or give your opinion. For the guys , is it a turn on or a turn off.

There's nothing wrong asking a guy out, but do make sure, what you want is what he also wants, don't want a committed relationship and the guy wants the opposite.
Re: Advice by Molahnelson(m): 8:17pm On Jan 15, 2021
The young man is probably on a relationship so don't go and desecrate his relationship

Keep your like to yourself it will do you good.

1 Like

Re: Advice by jesutofunmi111: 10:41am On Jan 16, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

There's nothing wrong asking a guy out, but do make sure, what you want is what he also wants, don't want a committed relationship and the guy wants the opposite.

Hmm....how do I know if its what he wants...I want to give myself sometime to cool off....if I still feel the same way, then I just might go ahead to find a way to hint him. Dont know if I can go all out to tell him directly
Re: Advice by Yusufisraelj(m): 11:01am On Jan 16, 2021
jesutofunmi111:

Hmm....how do I know if its what he wants...I want to give myself sometime to cool off....if I still feel the same way, then I just might go ahead to find a way to hint him. Dont know if I can go all out to tell him directly

Great question, the surest way to know is be friends with him, listen to him talk, ask fundamental questions on what he thinks about a committed relationship, his general idea about women and life, what's his target (set goals) in life, how does he intend to pursue them?

Watch how he treats his mum and sisters, equally watch how he treats those he doesn't need (waitresses, friends, acquaintance etc)

You can decern people from how they speak, but more importantly watch what they do.

The feelings might go away (that's why they are feelings) but you must make sure the person's fundamentals about life is okay, not a perfect person but sincerity of heart and a willingness to be right and adjust as needed for the sake of a greater good. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Advice by jesutofunmi111: 11:22am On Jan 16, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

Great question, the surest way to know is be friends with him, listen to him talk, ask fundamental questions on what he thinks about a committed relationship, his general idea about women and life, what's his target (set goals) in life, how does he intend to pursue them?

Watch how he treats his mum and sisters, equally watch how he treats those he doesn't need (waitresses, friends, acquaintance etc)

You can decern people from how they speak, but more importantly watch what they do.

The feelings might go away (that's why they are feelings) but you must make sure the person's fundamentals about life is okay, not a perfect person but sincerity of heart and a willingness to be right and adjust as needed for the sake of a greater good. Cheers
Thanks Yusuf. You sound like a reasonable person...dont mean to bore you but this is someone who I usually dont need to see or talk to except something comes up but from our few interactions, he seems sensible. What do you advice
Re: Advice by Yusufisraelj(m): 3:00pm On Jan 16, 2021
jesutofunmi111:

Thanks Yusuf. You sound like a reasonable person...dont mean to bore you but this is someone who I usually dont need to see or talk to except something comes up but from our few interactions, he seems sensible. What do you advice

This very dicey situation you know, you don't know much about him and you like him, thats okay, initiate a get together, tell him you would like to just give him a treat in a popular restaurant around your place, if he ask to what occasion, just tell him you have some spare cash and would just like to hang out with him, if he is a wise man and is interested in you, he would accept, use that avenue to just ask harmless questions to check him out and see his disposition towards life and women and relationship generally.

Bkos you see I would not advice you to commit to him without checking him out, else you would be most hurt, doing everything to make sure the relationship works while he may be carefree since you initiated asking him out, be very careful, check the head you want to submit to, make sure both of you are interested in a committed relationship with real ground rules of fidelity.

Bkos when break up happens in this kind of setting the lady ends up very wounded, from your deposition you seem sincere and means well, may you find the right person.
Re: Advice by Keketu(m): 3:42pm On Jan 16, 2021
hi thanks, liking a guy depend on his character undecided
Re: Advice by Xenry: 3:43pm On Jan 16, 2021
Warning: Don't try this at home!
Re: Advice by jesutofunmi111: 6:13pm On Jan 16, 2021
Xenry:
Warning: Don't try this at home!

Dont understand
Re: Advice by jesutofunmi111: 6:14pm On Jan 16, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

This very dicey situation you know, you don't know much about him and you like him, thats okay, initiate a get together, tell him you would like to just give him a treat in a popular restaurant around your place, if he ask to what occasion, just tell him you have some spare cash and would just like to hang out with him, if he is a wise man and is interested in you, he would accept, use that avenue to just ask harmless questions to check him out and see his disposition towards life and women and relationship generally.

Bkos you see I would not advice you to commit to him without checking him out, else you would be most hurt, doing everything to make sure the relationship works while he may be carefree since you initiated asking him out, be very careful, check the head you want to submit to, make sure both of you are interested in a committed relationship with real ground rules of fidelity.

Bkos when break up happens in this kind of setting the lady ends up very wounded, from your deposition you seem sincere and means well, may you find the right person.

Thanks....I'll keep all you've said in mind. You're a wise fellow.. amen to your prayers also
Re: Advice by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:01pm On Jan 16, 2021
jesutofunmi111:

Thanks....I'll keep all you've said in mind. You're a wise fellow.. amen to your prayers also

Thanks, oh I forgot, be open to rejection, if he says no, it will hurt but pls move on. In Hausa we say in a relationship "do with who wan do with you" not in a negative way ooo, Lols

today has been really busy, had it in mind but forgot.
Re: Advice by ednut1(m): 7:02pm On Jan 16, 2021
No harm in trying
Re: Advice by Angelacruz: 9:01pm On Jan 16, 2021
Just give him a green light...if na sharp guy,he will understand
jesutofunmi111:

Re: Advice by 2dice01: 9:05pm On Jan 16, 2021
jesutofunmi111:
Just small Greenlight
in most cases the dude will start chasing you

It work like magic
Re: Advice by jesutofunmi111: 7:48pm On Jan 18, 2021
Tnx guyz...I'll be sure to update you if I do go ahead....
Re: Advice by Nazgul: 8:32pm On Jan 18, 2021
jesutofunmi111:
It's very wrong in this part of our world (Africa/Nigeria) and a huge turn off because many guys here aren't emotionally and psychologically matured to handle such bold approach. Most will see it as in invitation to free sex without any form of comittment. And if the girl complains, they'll remind her that she's the one who approached them first.

Secondly, the guy might not feel the same way towards you (the girl) you might not be his taste, so approaching him might make you guys become enemies cos he'll definitely turn down your offer. And girls naturally have this deep hatred for guys whom they summoned the courage to ask about and ended up being rejected/ignored.

Finally, you'll cheapen yourself before the guy. Many guys (myself included) feel only sexually loose girls approach guys. Cos when you're approaching someone you will have to entice the person, you'll have an asset you feel the person wouldn't resist once you display it. What asset does a girl who approaches a guy have to display aside her cunt? That's why 9 out of 10 of such relationships never make it to the altar.

The best a girl can do is to flash the regular green light on her crush. If he feels the same way and ask her out... fine. If he doesn't, fine. She has nothing to loose.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

WATCH VIDEO: See The Pains Women Pass Through Just To Look Beautiful / Man Impregnates His Twin Sister Twice, Wants To Abandon Her, The Woman Refused / This Is Why The Guy You Are Dating Right Now May Dump You Very Soon !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.