Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares (23933 Views)

Man Who Started Lagos Belongs To Igbos Has Been Exposed As Tinubu Supporter(Pix) / Now That Yorubas Claim Lagos Belongs To Yorubas, The FG Should Do The Following / "Hope Obi supporters Believe Now That Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas" - MC Oluomo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Ideadoctor(m): 6:31pm On Jan 16, 2021
only on nairaland are you permitted to make a claim over Lagos, you funny Edo folks, you think Yorubas in their wisdom and cunning surrender Lagos to you,cry water,cry blood,Lagos is for us, awa la ni eko,eko de ni baje
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Ofemannnu: 6:37pm On Jan 16, 2021
TAO11:

(1) Ulsheimer’s report as cited above states clearly that this settlement of the Bini immigrants was confined to only one island.

In other words, these Bini immigrants settled NOT on all the islands in Lagos, neither did they settle on the mainland.

(2) Ulsheimer’s report (as cited above) states clearly that this settlement of the Bini immigrants (which is on the island) was a frontier settlement.

In other words, this Bini settlement lies on the border of (at least) two other settlements on that island.

(3) Ulsheimer’s report as cited above names this settlement of the Bini immigrants as ”Lago”.

In other words, “Lago” was just one settlement (wherein the Bini immigrants lived) among others’ settlements on that island.

(4) Ulsheimer’s report shows that as at the year 1603 when he (Ulsheirmer) visited the island, he already met the Bini immigrants already living on the island — within a fairly large fenced settlement.

In other words, Ulsheimer was not an eyewitness to how the Bini immigrants first penetrated into Lagos from Benin.

In other words, he has no information (eyewitness or even otherwise) regarding whether the Binis penetrated into the island (from Benin) by warfare.

Neither does he have any information on whether they acquired the settlement from the native people by means of some peaceful negotiation.

(5) Regardless of how they originally acquired their settlement (by conquest or by peaceful negotiation with the natives) the settlement — as at the time of Ulsheimer’s visit — was already the exclusive property of the Binis.

(6) The only writings which came to make the first statements on the manner of acquisition of their settlement are writings from the year 1878, 1914, 1929, and 1952.

(7) The 1878, 1914, and 1929 writings are known by historians as the Lagos account — and these three all agree that the Binis acquired their settlement on the Island by means of a peaceful negotiation with the native owners, the Aworis.

[See attached for an excerpt from the 1929 recollection of the Lagos account].

(8 ) It wasn’t until the year 1952 (decades after the Lagos account have been published by British colonial authorities) that a Benin Chief by the name J. U. Egharevba came up with his reactive account that the Binis acquired the Lagos settlement by warfare.

(9) It is clear who was narrating an account unconditionally, and who woke up decades later (without any prior evidence) to react that it wasn’t so.

Cc: , Balogunodua, Ideadoctor, gomojam, id2019, djevino, 9jamustchange, BornRicch, Ddaji, J111333, excanny, Mysticwebb, Yebosola, Derrylatei, AustineJohn908, Cashsteady, owobokiri, forgiveness, bularaz, TimeManager, kilonshele101, 8BitGee, Daum, edo3, hicomm17, lionshare, ekesol, Demogorgon, Rumxy, Paganizonda, gwafaeziokwu, NGPatriot

I just love the way you have destroyed the lies of the Benin migrants in Lagos step by step.Kudos bro.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 6:38pm On Jan 16, 2021
nocomment2:

ok, here is my email: nocomment777777@gmail.com.
Send me yours, i will send you the document with the exact page when I have enough time to do the research.

I have my maths to attend to. i only opened this account because that christistruth00 was operating a scam while using a document which i provided.
I just couldn't stand the fake translation being peddled around by christistruth00.
You should all know that christistruth00 knew the truth, he wasn't being ignorant I previously made a full and accurate translation of the text before his very eyes. He just chose to lie and prey on the gullible people.
this is what i don't like about the yoruba, the yoruba lie as if that is their religion. It is as if they get training on telling lies right from birth.

My purpose with this account is done, I will soon deactivate it

Osamede4life@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 16, 2021
Ok, noted.
gregyboy:

Osamede4life@gmail.com
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 6:43pm On Jan 16, 2021
Ofemannnu:

I just love the way you have destroyed the lies of the Benin migrants in Lagos step by step.Kudos bro.

Is a she, and she is the worst lier yourubas got the rest are trollers

The lifes of Balogunodua, ideodoctor and co

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by adekolaelect(m): 6:52pm On Jan 16, 2021
NextD18:
I don't think so, I personally think Lagos state belongs to Tinubu and his household.

He's their god and has the power to decide what will happen and what won't happen.

People of South West should just create out a special new tribe for their god and personal savior Tinubu.
simply because of Tinubu you are now in opposite direction on when and where to talk which is the primary sign of lunatics in human characters .watch your back,stay among of people and limit the level of hate you have for people unless you will enter markets unknowingly

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Ideadoctor(m): 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2021
gregyboy:

why won't we be liars to you, you don't know that chronic liars like you sees every truth as lie,except a truth that will benefit them.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TimeManager(m): 7:01pm On Jan 16, 2021
gregyboy:

Is it; A. a war camp.

B. a camp of waters.

C. a war camp surrounded by waters.

koname/ koRame, appeared first on this thread. Every other sources/ papers have it as Eko. Presumably, Eko and Ekorame are two different meanings. Which of the options is the correct meaning of your Eko?..
Pls, I want to learn more from your confusions.

kiss the truth!
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TimeManager(m): 7:04pm On Jan 16, 2021
Ok, noted.
nocomment2 don japa cheesy

kiss the truth

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TimeManager(m): 7:09pm On Jan 16, 2021
Ideadoctor:
let be logical,If Lagos indeed belongs to the Benin then why do Yoruba dominate Lagos today, was it that the Yoruba conquered the indigenous Edo settlers or Yoruba's were the indigenous settler,if Benin agree with the first thesis,then they should take heart,because lagos is gone for Good, Yoruba's won't open their eyes and watch you capture their big meat, but if Benin disagrees with the first thesis and support the second, then they are thieves that deserved to be hanged or shot,but if Benin does not agree with the first and second thesis, let them propose the third .
Lagos also belongs to the Portuguese, after all, they called it Lagos. cheesy

kiss the truth!
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Unclekayfarms: 7:11pm On Jan 16, 2021
gregyboy:

No wonder you having difficulties in comprehending it you're not even fully Yoruba
Are u fully Benin BTW? Hell no

The early Binis are South westerners later known as YORUBAS not the someone like u, an adulterated ones mixed with Igodomigodo and sub Edo tribes like you
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Ideadoctor(m): 7:11pm On Jan 16, 2021
TimeManager:

Lagos also belong to the Portuguese, after all, they called it Lagos. cheesy

kiss the truth!
if you say so,but the fact is that they can never claim it, na we get am,you need to understand that
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by forgiveness: 7:16pm On Jan 16, 2021
TAO11:

(1) Ulsheimer’s report as cited above states clearly that this settlement of the Bini immigrants was confined to only one island.

In other words, these Bini immigrants settled NOT on all the islands in Lagos, neither did they settle on the mainland.

(2) Ulsheimer’s report (as cited above) states clearly that this settlement of the Bini immigrants (which is on the island) was a frontier settlement.

In other words, this Bini settlement lies on the border of (at least) two other settlements on that island.

(3) Ulsheimer’s report as cited above names this settlement of the Bini immigrants as ”Lago”.

In other words, “Lago” was just one settlement (wherein the Bini immigrants lived) among others’ settlements on that island.

(4) Ulsheimer’s report shows that as at the year 1603 when he (Ulsheirmer) visited the island, he already met the Bini immigrants already living on the island — within a fairly large fenced settlement.

In other words, Ulsheimer was not an eyewitness to how the Bini immigrants first penetrated into Lagos from Benin.

In other words, he has no information (eyewitness or even otherwise) regarding whether the Binis penetrated into the island (from Benin) by warfare.

Neither does he have any information on whether they acquired the settlement from the native people by means of some peaceful negotiation.

(5) Regardless of how they originally acquired their settlement (by conquest or by peaceful negotiation with the natives) the settlement — as at the time of Ulsheimer’s visit — was already the exclusive property of the Binis.

(6) The only writings which came to make the first statements on the manner of acquisition of their settlement are writings from the year 1878, 1914, 1929, and 1952.

(7) The 1878, 1914, and 1929 writings are known by historians as the Lagos account — and these three all agree that the Binis acquired their settlement on the Island by means of a peaceful negotiation with the native owners, the Aworis.

[See attached for an excerpt from the 1929 recollection of the Lagos account].

(8 ) It wasn’t until the year 1952 (decades after the Lagos account have been published by British colonial authorities) that a Benin Chief by the name J. U. Egharevba came up with his reactive account that the Binis acquired the Lagos settlement by warfare.

(9) It is clear who was narrating an account unconditionally, and who woke up decades later (without any prior evidence) to react that it wasn’t so.

Cc: , Balogunodua, Ideadoctor, gomojam, id2019, djevino, 9jamustchange, BornRicch, Ddaji, J111333, excanny, Mysticwebb, Yebosola, Derrylatei, AustineJohn908, Cashsteady, owobokiri, forgiveness, bularaz, TimeManager, kilonshele101, 8BitGee, Daum, edo3, hicomm17, lionshare, ekesol, Demogorgon, Rumxy, Paganizonda, gwafaeziokwu, NGPatriot

Insightful. Please, keep it coming.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TimeManager(m): 7:19pm On Jan 16, 2021
Ideadoctor:
if you say so,but the fact is that they can never claim it, na we get am,you need to understand that
But Koname people say na dem get eko cheesy
Pls, from Edo to Lagos is how many kilometers? cheesy

kiss the truth!
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Unclekayfarms: 7:21pm On Jan 16, 2021
Praxis758:

It's in your dream that Oba of Benin responded in this manner. I'm sure you weren't born then.

Don't be pained, Oba of Benin gladly and historically accepted the Ooni's statement.

I'm sure you can't deny the truth that the earlier Obas of Benin had their burial tombs in Ile-Ife. The site is called 'Orun Oba Ado' till today.

You guys (Benins) are Ife descendants, that's why your late Obas' head were being taken to Ife for interment because we Yorubas belief that a Prince's head shouldn't sleep outside.
The truth is the early Benin are Ife descendant..especially the ones Oranmiyan reign over in Benin. The ones today are mixed Benin...they have now embraced the conquered Igodomigodo language and culture but still refer to themselves as Binis
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Ideadoctor(m): 7:22pm On Jan 16, 2021
TimeManager:

kiss the truth!
kilometres and people is not my business, my business is that Yorubas as settled in Lagos and they had ceased the sit of power,nothing matters to me than that.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 7:23pm On Jan 16, 2021
Unclekayfarms:

Are u fully Benin BTW? Hell no

The early Binis are South westerners later known as YORUBAS not the someone like u, an adulterated ones mixed with Igodomigodo and sub Edo tribes like you

This one is mad,

Wake up benin-ife never existed pre colonial times after amalgamation the benin-ife history emerged to merge benin into Yoruba territory

Wakeup again, yorubas claiming Oduduwa origin is also false

Wakeup young man.... Ooni was a chief priest who worshiped a non existing idol called Oduduwa

Wakeup ooni of Ife was elevated by awolowo to be a king

What do you want me to do spoon feed you half yoruba dude

You're just a troll

Neither are fully Yoruba, or a yoruba from ife, but then you jump to defend Yoruba because you want to troll for fun

Fuckkk off bro

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TimeManager(m): 7:26pm On Jan 16, 2021
Ideadoctor:
kilometres and people is not my business, my business is that Yorubas as settled in Lagos and they had ceased the sit of power,nothing matters to me than that.
I'm sorry sir, the argument of the Benin indigenes is that when they arrived, they only met sands and stones cheesy

kiss the truth!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 7:28pm On Jan 16, 2021
TimeManager:

kiss the truth!

Two Yorubas mumuing themselves ideodoctor
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 7:29pm On Jan 16, 2021
Unclekayfarms:

The truth is the early Benin are Ife descendant..especially the ones Oranmiyan reign over in Benin. The ones today are mixed Benin...they have now embraced the conquered Igodomigodo language and culture but still refer to themselves as Binis

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Ideadoctor(m): 7:33pm On Jan 16, 2021
TimeManager:

I'm sorry sir, the argument of the Benin indigenes is that when they arrived, they only met sands and stones cheesy

kiss the truth!
we rule Lagos, that is all that matters, we will sit and watch you agitate for Lagos, and we will laugh at your helplessness, we ain't your mate,we take actions you do the talking.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Unclekayfarms: 7:33pm On Jan 16, 2021
gregyboy:

This one is mad,

Wake up benin-ife never existed pre colonial times after amalgamation the benin-ife history emerged to merge benin into Yoruba territory

Wakeup young man.... Ooni was a chief priest who worshiped a non existing idol called Oduduwa

You're just a troll

Neither are fully Yoruba, or a yoruba from ife, but then you jump to defend Yoruba because you want to troll for fun

Fuckkk off bro
Now listen, it has been in existence orally by fable, by stories from one generation to another. During pre-colonial times it was unwritten as a result of Educational barriers. However it as long been the belief..that Benin are Yorubas or southwesterners from over 1000 years ago living among a native tribes called igodomigodo people
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Etrusen(m): 7:34pm On Jan 16, 2021
Praxis758:

It's in your dream that Oba of Benin responded in this manner. I'm sure you weren't born then.

Don't be pained, Oba of Benin gladly and historically accepted the Ooni's statement.

I'm sure you can't deny the truth that the earlier Obas of Benin had their burial tombs in Ile-Ife. The site is called 'Orun Oba Ado' till today.

You guys (Benins) are Ife descendants, that's why your late Obas' head were being taken to Ife for interment because we Yorubas belief that a Prince's head shouldn't sleep outside.

saying that the Oba of Benin gladly accept his words is enough reason for me not to talk more with you.

the viewers are my focus so I believe they will want to know the Oba of Benin response so let them search for it by them selves

Oba erediauwa of Benin thank you visit to the ooni of ife ( Aderemi) in 1981

please stop changing history for your own benefit

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 7:35pm On Jan 16, 2021
Unclekayfarms:

Now listen, it has been in existence orally by fable, by stories from one generation to another. During pre-colonial times it was unwritten as a result of Educational barriers. However it as long been believe that Benin are Yoruba over 1000 years ago among a native tribes igodomigodo by the Yoruba people.

Ooh. The entire benins are Yorubas is that what you mean

I need to explain this your history, am liking it, please expand
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 7:37pm On Jan 16, 2021
Ideadoctor:
we rule Lagos, that is all that matters, we will sit and watch you agitate for Lagos, and we will laugh at your helplessness, we ain't your mate,we take actions you do the talking.

Lol tell him grin
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Ideadoctor(m): 7:39pm On Jan 16, 2021
gregyboy:

This one is mad,

You're just a troll

Fuckkk off bro
if you can walk up to the Ooni and declare him a chief priest not a king,I will count your opinion to be valid, or if you are to afraid to do that,you can go meet the press and tell them that there is an error somewhere, that Ooni is not a king but a priest, but if you can't then FEM, don't disrespect the stool that your father worshipped and feared, small boy.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Unclekayfarms: 7:40pm On Jan 16, 2021
gregyboy:

Ooh. The entire benins are Yorubas is that what you mean

I need to explain this your history, am liking it, please expand
Yes. The original early ones I.e in the days of Oranmiyan, Eweka.

Many Ife soldiers also migrated to igodomigodo to defend Oba title as against the Ogisos. And fought for Yoruba interest
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Ideadoctor(m): 7:40pm On Jan 16, 2021
gregyboy:

Lol tell him grin
tell him what? are you supporting me or opposing me? talk o,so that I will know how to treat either as friend or foe
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Unclekayfarms: 7:43pm On Jan 16, 2021
gregyboy:

Two Yorubas mumuing themselves ideodoctor
When will u just be realistic? Insult always

No b u tok say Oduduwa na fable again?
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 7:44pm On Jan 16, 2021
Ideadoctor:
if you can walk up to the Ooni and declare him a chief priest not a king,I will count your opinion to be valid, or if you are to afraid to do that,you can go meet the press and tell them that there is an error somewhere, that Ooni is not a king but a priest, but if you can't then FEM, don't disrespect the stool that your father worshipped and feared, small boy.

If you want to know who worship who I will show you

The ooni was the one who held the benin ceremonial sword

The ooni was the one who changed frim sir to a benin rotal title oba

The ooni was the one who said he originated from benin

Guess who worship who
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Ideadoctor(m): 7:44pm On Jan 16, 2021
TimeManager:

kiss the truth!
guy wait, are you for Yoruba or against it,it seems there is a confusion here
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 7:46pm On Jan 16, 2021
Unclekayfarms:

Yes. The original early ones I.e in the days of Oranmiyan, Eweka.

Many Ife soldiers also migrated to igodomigodo to defend Oba title as against the Ogisos. And fought for Yoruba interest

Achaeological evidence or shut up

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (35) (Reply)

3 Soldiers Killed In A Shootout With Bandits In Kabasa, Zamfara / Senator Abaribe: Buhari's Government Has Failed, There Is No Way To Cover It / Court Seizes Andy Uba’s Vehicles Over N50 Million Debt Owed Oranto Petroleum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.