Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,673 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares - Politics (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares (24311 Views)

Man Who Started Lagos Belongs To Igbos Has Been Exposed As Tinubu Supporter(Pix) / Now That Yorubas Claim Lagos Belongs To Yorubas, The FG Should Do The Following / "Hope Obi supporters Believe Now That Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas" - MC Oluomo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by SW1st: 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2021
gregyboy:

Since.i don't have why dont you bring something that contradict my claims

Are you being funny or just here to tease serious people on this thread or what? grin

You'll just open your mouth " waaaaaa! " to make claim but to prove it is often the problem.

I ask again, what is Edo/benin names for Oba and how did Yoruba take back Lagos from the almighty chicken so-called ' warriors " of Benin?

grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 6:07pm On Jan 19, 2021
SW1st:

Are you being funny or just here to tease serious people on this thread or what? grin

You'll just open your mouth " waaaaaa! " to make claim but to prove it is often the problem.

I ask again, what is Edo/benin names for Oba and how did Yoruba take back Lagos from the almighty chicken so-called ' warriors " of Benin?

grin cheesy

I urge you to leave this thread and save the time to read

The article BENIN IMPERIALISM AND THE TRANSFORMATION
OF IDEJO CHIEFT AINCYINSTITUTION IN LAGOS, 1603-1850

You're wasting pages with obvious and senseless questions here

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by SW1st: 6:26pm On Jan 19, 2021
gregyboy:

I urge you to leave this thread and save the time to read

The article BENIN IMPERIALISM AND THE TRANSFORMATION
OF IDEJO CHIEFT AINCYINSTITUTION IN LAGOS, 1603-1850

You're wasting pages with obvious and senseless questions here

Even your master, the so-called French teacher that was forming James Bond was made to deactivate his account and ran with a tail behind his two legs. So, who are you, a novice that can not even answer a simple question or put his thought together?

You must think I just got into this thread and post? The thread I had been following right from the beginning even before you got here?

You are like a stubborn kid who thinks and believes running around the thread and quoting his imaginary oral up and down gives him an upper hand when in fact he's just acting like a spoil brat without any form of home training or discipline. grin

Typical of edo boys tho.

grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TimeManager(m): 6:27pm On Jan 19, 2021
TAO11:
False fraudulent reasons as expected. I guess his ancestors also came because of herdsmen.

The reason of herdsmen came up during his visit to the Office of the Osun State Governor.

Check out the video below for one of his reason why he visited the Ooni.

Ewuare simply came to Ife to do the same thing that his own ancestors came to do — culminating ascension rites.

Note that they always come to Ife soon after they had just been crowned king of Benin.

The Ooni’s visit to Benin, on the other hand, was not because he was just crowned king of Ife.

Rather he went to Benin, just like every Nigerian dignitary, to attend the coronation ceremony.

No Ooni of Ife visits Benin just after he had just become Ooni.

It only happens with the Benin kings. They must visit Ife just after they had ascended the Benin throne.

Wonderful!! grin

May be should you should proceed now to inform us of the reason why the then Ooni of Ife was visited in Ife, in the early 1930s, by your Omonoba Akenzua II after he had just ascended the Benin throne.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13001549_8542decf4d954a1b907e0beb2d74ac8a_jpeg_jpeg927b109065011da3429151893c998900

After that, proceed to explain why the [same] Ooni of Ife was visited in Ife, in the late 1970s, by your Omonoba Erediauwa also after he had just ascended the Benin throne.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13001550_99016c282e9b484dae2b8c82f05edf11_jpeg_jpeg4946da521acbba55454f095d95999f8a

After that, proceed to explain why the present Ooni of Ife was visited in Ife, in the year 2016, by your present Omonoba Ewuare II also after he had just ascended the Benin throne.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13001551_ab64cfb09a1c4615898da3319be86a8e_jpeg_jpegdbba1b647a22ec3632f53f5210035f24

Since you now have no problem with the reports of Edo journalists, then you must have no problem with the reports of a Channels TV who hinted on some of the events that went down during Ewuare’s visit to the Ooni just after Ewuare’s coronation.

Check out the following Channels TV News report of the homage-visit of Omonoba Ewuare II.

Go to time-stamp 0:24 to 0:34, and you would find the following words:

...his first port of call is the palace of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi — where he also paid homage to all Benin kings believed to have been buried there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZhU2AmpvJk

NB: Channels TV were present on ground. They weren’t merely reporting from the comfort of their office based on hearsay.

This simple fact thus clarifies the difference between the Benin kings’ visits to Ife and to other personalities in the country.

The other visits are apparently and merely for face-saving purposes, no homage is required in the other visits — or is it? cheesy

Cheers!

TimeManager, Christistruth00,
I am less interested in their tiny konamen camp in Lagos, rather I am more interested in their successive Obas paying homage to their Ancestral home of Ife.
Which means the Benin E-warriors are on Nairaland hitting their heads on the wall while their Obas takes a cultural turn to pay homage to their Ancestral home of Ife and kiss the feet of the Ooni.

kiss the truth!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 6:38pm On Jan 19, 2021
SW1st:

Even your master, the so-called French teacher that was forming James Bond was made to deactivate his account and ran with a tail behind his two legs. So, who are you, a novice that can not even answer a simple question or put his thought together?

You must think I just got into this thread and post? The thread I had been following right from the beginning even before you got here?

You are like a stubborn kid who thinks and believes running around the thread and quoting his imaginary oral up and down gives him an upper hand when in fact he's just acting like a spoil brat without any form of home training or discipline. grin

Typical of edo boys tho.

grin

Save yourself the time to educate yourself on the history you're currently on

Cool down your tribal ego, you dont need to defend here, simply walk out and accept the truth
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 6:45pm On Jan 19, 2021
TimeManager:

I am less interested in their tiny konamen camp in Lagos, rather I am more interested in their successive Obas paying homage to their Ancestral home of Ife.
Which means the Benin E-warriors are on Nairaland hitting their heads on the wall while their Obas takes a cultural turn to pay homage to their Ancestral home of Ife and kiss the feet of the Ooni.

kiss the truth!

Friendly visit you mean

First pics explains the benin ife myth to be a recent made up shit started after the creation of Nigeria

Second picture shows the site of orun oba ado, when it was excavated they found nothing

TAO11 is now more depressed and excessively obsessed with herself that she has failed, she is now watching from the background thinking what next, she herself is not satisfied with her comment either, her conscience is pricking her to stop the lies but her ego wouldn't want that

I expected her to go offline and make researches, but she busy reading comments in silent

If you like come back and make 3pages of writeup to support your lies just one line, from a benin comment would rubbish everything

One thing about lie is, the first statement is never complete so you will have to lie immediately to cover it up, you will notice your second statement get comma, you will have to patch it up with the third lie, that's how a full page of lies will be made

But truth occupies no space no need for rexplanation when you say it, it begins to follow with the rest information available, but the case of lie is entirely different

Who notice when toa11 wants to lie to seriously cover the truth she will write 10 pages just for a single thing grin grin

Her Yoruba brothers who didnt even read the whole writeup will be supporting her, because its against benin so anything goes even if it is rubbish

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TimeManager(m): 6:47pm On Jan 19, 2021
TAO11:

I - INTRODUCTION

(1) First of all, it is very crucial that I make it super clear that the specific land mass of our discussion is actually an island.

This fact is made clear in the notes of the German traveler (Andreas Joshua Ulsheimer) who visited the area from the year 1603.

This German traveler, Andreas Joshua Ulsheimer, reports in his notes that a town “Lago” was situated on an island.

In present-times, this island have come to be known by the name Lagos island. This location can be identified in the zoomed-in map of Lagos embedded below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13012539_761145ca04fb4045a00f6a846ca32721_jpeg_jpegbdabd29418754778ab185195c3cf2e9e

(2) Secondly, the actual town which Ulsheimer referred to as “Lago” did NOT occupy the whole of that island. Also, it was NOT the only town on that island.

This fact is also made clear in the same notes of Ulsheimer. The two points below each clearly establish this fact.

(A) Ulsheimer notes state that this town “Lago” [which is “surrounded by a … fence”] is, in fact, a frontier town.

In other words, this fenced town (Lago) lies in-between (i.e. on the border separating) two other settlements.

(B) Ulsheimer notes state that many people come to this town (Lago) not only “by water” but also by land.

This proves that those who came to the town (Lago) specifically by land could not have possibly been able to do so except that they themselves live on that same island but in a different town.

In the light of these foregoing information (which all comes from Ulsheimer’s 1603-4 notes), it becomes clear that the town “Lago” was just one of the different towns on that island.

Given the obvious fact that there are at least two other towns on that island, your repeated depiction of “Lago” as the only town on that island is terribly erroneous.

A correct depiction (based on a careful consideration of Ulsheimer’s notes) is that the town “Lago” lies on that island alongside (and in-between) two other towns on that island.

An imagery of this correct depiction of Ulsheimer’s observation is represented with my highlights in the embedded map below. The red highlight shows the town “Lago”.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13012540_3bffb7083d3d42769f93120299a7c3c0_jpeg_jpeg26ffca4bc66cab99046d060d7ecf45c3

Having clarified that the town “Lago” did not occupy the length and breadth of that island (as there were other towns on the same island), the following should now be easier for you to grasp.

II - OWNERSHIP

(1) Ulsheimer’s notes of 1603-4, which has been repeatedly cited above, make the following statement about the ownership of this town “Lago” as at the time he visited:

Forty miles from Benin lies a large town called Lago, which also belongs to the King of Benin.

~ Andreas Ulsheimer’s “Voyage of 1603-4”.

A statement to the same effect as the foregoing one is also found in M. d’Avezac’s “Notice Sur Le Pays Et Le People Des Yébous En Afrique“, (Paris, 1485), p. 26.

(2) However, it is not specified whether the Binis owned “Lagotown by virtue of aboriginal right, or forceful take over, or conferment.

Each of these three possibilities will be examined in turns in the comments that follow. But just before that, it is crucial that I stress again that Ulsheimer’s notes prove that there are other towns (apart from the Binis’s Lago) on that same island.

(A) Regarding aboriginal ownership, different early European sources render the indigenous name of this island [and beyond] as “Ahoni” land, or “Awani” land, or “Ahouy” land, etc.

M. d’Avezac (1485:25-26), for instance, does cite some of these early European sources which variously render the indigenous name as such -- among other close renderings of the same word.

These European renderings of the indigenous name thus agree with the multiply attested traditional account which holds strongly that the Awori people are the aboriginal owners of this island [and beyond].

In Summary:

(i) Ulsheimer’s notes remain silent on the specific nature of the Binis’s ownership of town “Lago”.

(ii) Other early European notes (and the multiply attested traditional account) inform us that the island as a whole [and beyond] is aboriginally owned by the Aworis.

To be super clear, we do NOT have a situation of contradiction here – there are no contradictions in a situation of ‘Silence vs. Information’.

And the available information shows that the Binis’s ‘ownership’ of the town “Lago” was NOT by virtue of some aboriginal right.

[Continued]

Cc: Balogunodua, Ideadoctor, gomojam, babtoundey, DenreleDave, TimeManager, Christistruth00, macof, RuggedSniper, SaintBeehot, Olu317, reallest, Amujale, forgiveness, NGpatriot, MelesZenawi

id2019, djevino, 9jamustchange, BornRicch, Ddaji, J111333, excanny, Mysticwebb, Yebosola, Derrylatei, AustineJohn908, Cashsteady, owobokiri, bularaz, kilonshele101, 8BitGee, Daum, edo3,, hicomm17, lionshare, ekesol, Demogorgon, Rumxy, Paganizonda, gwafaeziokwu
This exactly is the fact of the matter and NOT a Contention.
The Benin miscreants erroneously believed that a tiny konamen camp on the island is the same as the Entire Lagos. I have never seen a people as dumb, no wonder they possess little or no academic credentials in Southern Nigeria.

kiss the truth!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by SW1st: 6:51pm On Jan 19, 2021
gregyboy:

Save yourself the time to educate yourself on the history you're currently on

Cool down your tribal ego, you dont need to defend here, simply walk out and accept the truth

You'll be the last person that should lecture me or tell me what to do if I must heed to one at all. At least, not from you with no purpose nor meaningful contribution to this thread than pulling off some junck from edoblog up and down.

Do yourself a favor and save yourself from the mystery of my hurtful words by ignoring my mention rather that using some form of the psyche to beg me to let you go.

grin grin grin

I see you as a joke and I am enjoying every bit of it. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by SW1st: 6:54pm On Jan 19, 2021
TimeManager:

This exactly is the fact of the matter and NOT a Contention.
The Benin miscreants erroneously believed that a tiny konamen camp on the island is the same as the Entire Lagos. I have never seen a people as dumb, no wonder they possess little or no academic credentials in Southern Nigeria.

kiss the truth!

May Almighty God preserve and keep TAO11 for us. She's load and epitome of knowledge and wisdom when it comes to history and diminishing the ego of those Edo miscreants.

We need more like TOA11 among us.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TimeManager(m): 7:24pm On Jan 19, 2021
gregyboy:

Friendly visit you mean

First pics mistranslating text explains the benin ife myth to be a recent made up shit started after the creation of Nigeria

Second picture mistranslating text shows the site of orun oba ado, when it was excavated they found nothing

Every of your oba that visited his ancestral home in Ife, had a tour to the Orun oba ado site. The bloodline of Eweka must always come back home.

kiss the truth!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by TimeManager(m): 7:34pm On Jan 19, 2021
SW1st:

May Almighty God preserve and keep TAO11 for us. She's load and epitome of knowledge and wisdom when it comes to history and diminishing the ego of those Edo miscreants.

There is a reason I've been calling them "Konamen". They seem not to understand the meaning of a camp. Whether they appointed Ashipa or Ashipo in their camp, is none of my business.

For TAo, she has been flogging their dumb heads for years. she is TAO for a reason.

kiss the truth!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Oracleforce: 8:03pm On Jan 19, 2021
I know this is the work of the Nyamiri chest-beater crew...
They left their forbidden forest in the Yeast and are telling us a fake story here...
Does anything relate to Benin culture in Lagos State....?
And if the Benin people think that they own Lagos state, they should approach the court and contest it instead of becoming a keyboard e-warrior

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by SW1st: 8:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
TimeManager:

There is a reason I've been calling them "Konamen". They seem not to understand the meaning of a camp. Whether they appointed Ashipa or Ashipo in their camp, is none of my business.

For TAo, she has been flogging their dumb heads for years. she is TAO for a reason.

kiss the truth!
You can say that again. cool

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 19, 2021
SW1st:

TAO11 is a genius

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 8:36pm On Jan 19, 2021
TimeManager:

Every of your oba that visited his ancestral home in Ife, had a tour to the Orun oba ado site. The bloodline of Eweka must always come back home.

kiss the truth!

Were is the orun oba alafin in ife , hmmm... Lol
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by Christistruth00: 10:26pm On Jan 19, 2021
thatigboman:
all these your Tales By Moonlight and no single literature to back them up.
How can Porto Novo be under alaafin of oyo when dahomey women overan abeokuta and your greatgrandparents ran as the feet could carry them, abandoning the wives and children and hid under olumo rock?

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 11:03pm On Jan 19, 2021
TAO11:

I - INTRODUCTION

(1) First of all, it is very crucial that I make it super clear that the specific land mass of our discussion is actually an island.

This fact is made clear in the notes of the German traveler (Andreas Joshua Ulsheimer) who visited the area from the year 1603.

This German traveler, Andreas Joshua Ulsheimer, reports in his notes that a town “Lago” was situated on an island.

In present-times, this island have come to be known by the name Lagos island. This location can be identified in the zoomed-in map of Lagos embedded below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13012539_761145ca04fb4045a00f6a846ca32721_jpeg_jpegbdabd29418754778ab185195c3cf2e9e

(2) Secondly, the actual town which Ulsheimer referred to as “Lago” did NOT occupy the whole of that island. Also, it was NOT the only town on that island.

This fact is also made clear in the same notes of Ulsheimer. The two points below each clearly establish this fact.

(A) Ulsheimer notes state that this town “Lago” [which is “surrounded by a … fence”] is, in fact, a frontier town.

In other words, this fenced town (Lago) lies in-between (i.e. on the border separating) two other settlements.

(B) Ulsheimer notes state that many people come to this town (Lago) not only “by water” but also by land.

This proves that those who came to the town (Lago) specifically by land could not have possibly been able to do so except that they themselves live on that same island but in a different town.

In the light of these foregoing information (which all comes from Ulsheimer’s 1603-4 notes), it becomes clear that the town “Lago” was just one of the different towns on that island.

Given the obvious fact that there are at least two other towns on that island, your repeated depiction of “Lago” as the only town on that island is terribly erroneous.

A correct depiction (based on a careful consideration of Ulsheimer’s notes) is that the town “Lago” lies on that island alongside (and in-between) two other towns on that island.

An imagery of this correct depiction of Ulsheimer’s observation is represented with my highlights in the embedded map below. The red highlight shows the town “Lago”.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13012540_3bffb7083d3d42769f93120299a7c3c0_jpeg_jpeg26ffca4bc66cab99046d060d7ecf45c3

Having clarified that the town “Lago” did not occupy the length and breadth of that island (as there were other towns on the same island), the following should now be easier for you to grasp.

II - OWNERSHIP

(1) Ulsheimer’s notes of 1603-4, which has been repeatedly cited above, make the following statement about the ownership of this town “Lago” as at the time he visited:

Forty miles from Benin lies a large town called Lago, which also belongs to the King of Benin.

~ Andreas Ulsheimer’s “Voyage of 1603-4”.

A statement to the same effect as the foregoing one is also found in M. d’Avezac’s “Notice Sur Le Pays Et Le People Des Yébous En Afrique“, (Paris, 1485), p. 26.

(2) However, it is not specified whether the Binis owned “Lagotown by virtue of aboriginal right, or forceful take over, or conferment.

Each of these three possibilities will be examined in turns in the comments that follow. But just before that, it is crucial that I stress again that Ulsheimer’s notes prove that there are other towns (apart from the Binis’s Lago) on that same island.

(A) Regarding aboriginal ownership, different early European sources render the indigenous name of this island [and beyond] as “Ahoni” land, or “Awani” land, or “Ahouy” land, etc.

M. d’Avezac (1485:25-26), for instance, does cite some of these early European sources which variously render the indigenous name as such -- among other close renderings of the same word.

These European renderings of the indigenous name thus agree with the multiply attested traditional account which holds strongly that the Awori people are the aboriginal owners of this island [and beyond].

In Summary:

(i) Ulsheimer’s notes remain silent on the specific nature of the Binis’s ownership of town “Lago”.

(ii) Other early European notes (and the multiply attested traditional account) inform us that the island as a whole [and beyond] is aboriginally owned by the Aworis.

To be super clear, we do NOT have a situation of contradiction here – there are no contradictions in a situation of ‘Silence vs. Information’.

And the available information shows that the Binis’s ‘ownership’ of the town “Lago” was NOT by virtue of some aboriginal right.

[Continued]

Cc: Balogunodua, Ideadoctor, gomojam, babtoundey, DenreleDave, TimeManager, Christistruth00, macof, RuggedSniper, SaintBeehot, Olu317, reallest, Amujale, forgiveness, NGpatriot, MelesZenawi

id2019, djevino, 9jamustchange, BornRicch, Ddaji, J111333, excanny, Mysticwebb, Yebosola, Derrylatei, AustineJohn908, Cashsteady, owobokiri, bularaz, kilonshele101, 8BitGee, Daum, edo3,, hicomm17, lionshare, ekesol, Demogorgon, Rumxy, Paganizonda, gwafaeziokwu

Ulsheimer’s never discussed the benin boundaries on lagos it only discussed the particular location the benins were currently stationed,

Etinosa1234 throw more light on this

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by ItooWorWor(m): 11:18pm On Jan 19, 2021
gregyboy:

Stop asking foolish questions

The question you should be asking hi
Is the benin-ife myth even real,

The answer is no, the myth was originated after after the creation of Nigeria, when the oba of benin politically aligned aligned edo as yorubas for political favors and accepted to be culturally included as yoruba by the Oduduwa ancestory, as needed to be politically aligned as Yoruba

The myth of benin coming from Oduduwa origin was born from such alignment

Excuse upon excuse grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by forgiveness: 7:50am On Jan 20, 2021
gregyboy:

Ulsheimer’s never discussed the benin boundaries on lagos it only discussed the particular location the benins were currently stationed,

Etinosa1234 throw more light on this

Oga! You are grasping for straw. The enormous amount of evidence shown you are enough to convince you Lagos never belonged to Benin.

As a matter of fact, there were quarters in Lagos then occupied by Aworis, Portuguese, Beninis etc.

I have known that for long.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by forgiveness: 8:11am On Jan 20, 2021
gregyboy:

Lol, are you trolling edos because am dishing out
The painful truth to you all

The name oba is of benin origin your chief priest ooni, took the name oba in 1930 to replace the sir the British used in addressing him

It's not Benin's origin. Oba was already in used ever before Benin had a king.

Obantala was the ruler in Ife before Oduduwa dethroned him. That was ever before Benin had Oba.

Obanta was derived from Oba- wa-nita. Meaning our king is outside. That was as far back as 1430.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 8:43am On Jan 20, 2021
forgiveness:

Oga! You are grasping for straw. The enormous amount of evidence shown you are enough to convince you Lagos never belonged to Benin.

As matter of fact, there were quarters in Lagos then occupied by aworis, Portuguese, Beninis etc.

I have known that for long.

The British once settled in calabar doesn't meaning the place, they didnt settle their influence wasnt there

Use your head, lago was the seat of power, more like the capital but the benin influence abound in the entire lagos
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 10:15am On Jan 20, 2021
forgiveness:

Obantala was the ruler in Ife before Oduduwa dethroned him. That was ever before Benin had Oba.

Obanta was derived from Oba- wa-nita. Meaning our king is outside. That was as far back as 1430.

Obantala, those gods were formed after benin military expansion into Yoruba areas

Anyway the word oba got into yorubland during benin military expansion into territories

There is ancient parable in owo, which says just as olodumare commands respect in heaven the oba of benin commands respect on earth

This is to show the oba influence on yoruba areas, to be accorded the status of a god on earth,
So imagine how the name oba would go all over yoruba towns, and they all begin using it to name their gods and even titles

The myth of obatala was certainly formed after the word oba had been brought from benin to the yoruba people through her military influence

Benin expansion on youruba areas started 1300Ad so that is old enough for the idol obatala to be formed
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by forgiveness: 10:18am On Jan 20, 2021
gregyboy:

Obantala, those gods were formed after benin military expansion into Yoruba areas

Anyway the word oba got into yorubland during benin military expansion into territories

There is ancient parable in owo, which says just as olodumare commands respect in heaven the oba of benin commands respect on earth

This is to show the oba influence on yoruba areas, to be accorded the status of a god on earth,
So imagine how the name oba would go all over yoruba towns, and they all begin using it to name their gods and even titles

The myth of obatala was certainly formed after the word oba had been brought from benin to the yoruba people through her military influence

Benin expansion on youruba areas started 1300Ad so that is old enough for the idol obatala to be formed

Who led the first Benin military expansion into Yorubaland?

What was the first place he went to?
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by forgiveness: 10:20am On Jan 20, 2021
gregyboy:

The British once settled in calabar doesn't meaning the place, they didnt settle their influence wasnt there

Use your head, lago was the seat of power, more like the capital but the benin influence abound in the entire lagos

Which entire Lagos?
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 10:49am On Jan 20, 2021
forgiveness:

First of all Oduduwa was an idol and never existed to begin with,

Obatala myth was probably coined after the word oba was adopted by the yorubas
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 10:56am On Jan 20, 2021
forgiveness:

Which entire Lagos?

A yoruba nigga like you also debated me on the ebuttemeta issh on the previous page

He argued ebuttemeta was occupied and controlled by either egba or ijebu, and insisted benin influence never got there

I wish i could remember is moniker and give him a knock
Same thing goes for you for undermining benin influence on entire lagos

Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 11:12am On Jan 20, 2021
forgiveness:

What was the first place he went to?

Oba Ewuare, who was a warrior king
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by forgiveness: 11:17am On Jan 20, 2021
gregyboy:

First of all Oduduwa was an idol and never existed to begin with,

Obatala myth was probably coined after the word oba was adopted by the yorubas

And he had children?

Where was the place?
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by gregyboy(m): 11:31am On Jan 20, 2021
forgiveness:

And he had children?

Where was the place?

which children.... Lol

Go to my previous comment when i posted a screenshot of rcc law on heritage of Oduduwa

Just search for it on this thread

Ife in ancient times was referred as a religious town, and not ancestral
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by forgiveness: 11:45am On Jan 20, 2021
gregyboy:

Oba Ewuare, who was a warrior king

You mean nobody beared Oba in Yorubaland until Ewuare came? grin

I want to ask you a simple question.

What was his name before he changed it to Ewuare?

Was it not Ogun?

Where did the name Ogun emanate from?

In fact, what is the meaning of Ewuare in Benin?
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by forgiveness: 11:46am On Jan 20, 2021
gregyboy:

which children.... Lol

Go to my previous comment when i posted a screenshot of rcc law on heritage of Oduduwa

Just search for it on this thread

Ife in ancient times was referred as a religious town, and not ancestral

Did Oduduwa have children?
Re: Lagos Belongs To Benin - Obanikoro's Grandson Declares by christistruth01: 12:13pm On Jan 20, 2021
gregyboy:

A yoruba nigga like you also debated me on the ebuttemeta issh on the previous page

He argued ebuttemeta was occupied and controlled by either egba or ijebu, and insisted benin influence never got there

I wish i could remember is moniker and give him a knock
Same thing goes for you for undermining benin influence on entire lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

Abba Moro To Contest For David Mark's Senate Seat / PDP Worried About Buhari Not Campaigning / Ikpeazu Spits Fire As Gunmen Burn Abia Police Station, Vehicles, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.