Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Why Men May Find It Difficult To Listen To Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Men May Find It Difficult To Listen To Women (763 Views)

What Good Sex Does To Women - Lady Reveals On Twitter. See Reactions / I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. / Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Men May Find It Difficult To Listen To Women by Benwallt(m): 8:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
Whether it’s a boyfriend, a brother, or a friend — we all know a guy who is a bad listener. And no, it’s not because they’re bored. There are actually studies that show there are several reasons why they struggle in this area. It seems that men’s brains simply hear the female voice differently, so perhaps we can let them off the hook this time.

Female voices make men’s brains work harder.

One study reveals that men react differently to female voices. Men have less activity in some parts of their brain when other men speak. In fact, men’s brains had to work harder to decipher and understand what the women were saying. This means that men can find it more difficult to understand the meanings and emotions of what women are saying.

Women’s voices are less authoritative.

It’s been found that the size of a woman’s vocal cords and larynx is important as higher-pitched people are taken less seriously. In fact, the study tells us that we trust people with lower voices more and that we prefer them in leadership roles. This is one reason why men may not listen as much to women as they do to their peers.

Women’s voices are more complex.

The difference between female and male voices is crucial here. When women talk, they use many more sounds than men and tend to speak in a more melodic way. These 2 factors may make it tricky for men’s brains to quickly understand what women are saying as there’s more to decipher.

The stereotype that women talk more than men is an urban myth, according to research. In fact, it seems that men and women talk roughly the same amount and the context is just as important. The research showed that in some circumstances, men spoke more than women, and in others, women more than men. So it’s probably time to put this stereotype to bed.

More importantly , women voices are manipulative.

The best way to save yourself from real trouble is not to listen to them. It takes listening to women to turn your childhood friend to your worst enemy in the space of one minute. Lots of men have gone to early grave listening to women and believing their manipulations. They have scattered fine homes
Re: Why Men May Find It Difficult To Listen To Women by Fahdiga(m): 8:34pm On Jan 15, 2021
Not when all they will be talking about is how they needs this and that. thank God for SMAN
Re: Why Men May Find It Difficult To Listen To Women by Benwallt(m): 8:38pm On Jan 15, 2021
Fahdiga:
Not when all they will be talking about is how they needs this and that. thank God for SMAN
they won't have it all rosy again. Wind has blown their yansh is now open
Re: Why Men May Find It Difficult To Listen To Women by doggedfighter(f): 8:41pm On Jan 15, 2021
They listen all the same
Re: Why Men May Find It Difficult To Listen To Women by Benwallt(m): 8:44pm On Jan 15, 2021
doggedfighter:
They listen all the same
In anticipation for something, you know. When that is gotten it is a different ball game
Re: Why Men May Find It Difficult To Listen To Women by CuteMike01(m): 8:48pm On Jan 15, 2021
As far as I can see the reason men may find it difficult to listen to a woman based on her flaws might be

- She is insensitive
- She makes him feel like a woman
- She isn't nice but domineering
- She is a liar
- She talks too much
Re: Why Men May Find It Difficult To Listen To Women by Benwallt(m): 9:04pm On Jan 15, 2021
CuteMike01:
As far as I can see the reason men may find it difficult to listen to a woman based on her flaws might be

- She is insensitive
- She makes him feel like a woman
- She isn't nice but domineering
- She is a liar
- She talks too much
gbam!
Re: Why Men May Find It Difficult To Listen To Women by Harrykn: 9:14pm On Jan 15, 2021
All the girls the same just little difference which is skin colour in 9ja.

Their decisions are mostly based on emotion than the reason of taking such action and benefits attached

1 Like

Re: Why Men May Find It Difficult To Listen To Women by Debbyblahempire(f): 9:24pm On Jan 15, 2021
So I should make my voice authoritative....got it..
Re: Why Men May Find It Difficult To Listen To Women by Benwallt(m): 10:05pm On Jan 15, 2021
Debbyblahempire:
So I should make my voice authoritative....got it..
your larynx and pharynx won't support that. You are a woman your voice lost that authoritative nature right from factory. It is not your fault. Even in your deepest sleep u can make out a man's voice from that of woman. Men are natural authority over women except SIMPS though.
Re: Why Men May Find It Difficult To Listen To Women by VictorUSA(m): 9:14am On Apr 15, 2022
Benwallt I think it should be why men listens to women.
Re: Why Men May Find It Difficult To Listen To Women by Benwallt(m): 9:17am On Apr 15, 2022
VictorUSA:
Benwallt I think it should be why men listens to women.
men hardly listened to women and when you don't listen and do as they opined, it always ends in regret for the man
Re: Why Men May Find It Difficult To Listen To Women by VictorUSA(m): 9:18am On Apr 15, 2022
Benwallt:
men hardly listened to women and when you don't listen and do as they opined, it always ends in regret for the man
Exactly.Take the number asap so i can take it down.
Re: Why Men May Find It Difficult To Listen To Women by VictorUSA(m): 9:21am On Apr 15, 2022
Benwallt:
your larynx and pharynx won't support that. You are a woman your voice lost that authoritative nature right from factory. It is not your fault. Even in your deepest sleep u can make out a man's voice from that of woman. Men are natural authority over women except SIMPS though.
Deep! men are naturally authoritative while women are naturally submissive.

1 Like

Re: Why Men May Find It Difficult To Listen To Women by Benwallt(m): 9:29am On Apr 15, 2022
VictorUSA:
Deep! men are naturally authoritative while women are naturally submissive.
but these days women wanna be the ones with the authority
Re: Why Men May Find It Difficult To Listen To Women by VictorUSA(m): 9:37am On Apr 15, 2022
Benwallt:
but these days women wanna be the ones with the authority
4get women they think they are wising up they are making things worse.

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Decisions / Man Goes To Propose To His Girlfriend But Caught Her Having Sex (Video) / Military Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.