Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria (66310 Views)

9 Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria / Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs. / Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by seguno2: 10:02am On Jun 08, 2011
In a country where the citizens are very docile as to allow the taxes paid from their hard-earned money and those collected from corporate bodies, including oil companies on their behalf to be frittered away by politicians at all levels there is only one reasonable answer:

POLITICS at any level is the 10 highest paying jobs in Nigeria

Sad but true !!! embarassed
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by yesboss20(m): 10:49am On Jun 08, 2011
The Lord forgive all y'all chantin church business.
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by Adim2010: 3:29pm On Jun 08, 2011
Oil company is ok. They pay very well.
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by malaria(f): 3:42pm On Jun 08, 2011
Me say, aristoring,gigolin.hospitality i.e hotels (try o twn). yahoo,kidnapping.bombing,drug pushing,child trafickn and PIMPING
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by nigboy(m): 5:55am On Jun 09, 2011
The thread is entertaining
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by honeric01(m): 6:10am On Jun 09, 2011
sulakishop:

the choice lies in your heart. . .
grin grin grin grin grin grin

But is school a job? undecided
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:42am On Jun 10, 2011
yesboss20:

The Lord forgive all y'all chantin church business.
Church is big business in Nigeria.Check out our pastors wearing very expensive stylish suits with jerry curled hair and ear rings and u tell me they are not making it. cheesy
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:48am On Jun 10, 2011
Adim2010:

Oil company is ok. They pay very well.
Lmbao says who?
The pet of a white expatriate oil worker earns more in a day in feeding allowance compared to what a nigerian graduate working in an oil company would earn in a month!
Many animals owned by white expatriate staffs in oil companies in nigeria are rolling in the money just frm feeding allowance.Nigerian graduates earn peanuts in oil companies.
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by thameamead(f): 10:54am On Jun 13, 2011
ILLEGAL OIL BUNKERING
CHURCH BUSINESS
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by thameamead(f): 11:06am On Jun 13, 2011
Wizardofoz:

This is my Top five:

1.) Banking:

Minimum requirement: OND ( plus some unknown/unemployable overseas certificate)
Average Hourly Pay:  Depends on creativity, connectivity, and personal ingenuity. Yearly pay could be as high as N150 Billion (Cecelia Ibru)
Best Career Move: Print your own money a la start your own bank
Accomplished people in the field: Erastus Adegbola:OND, Intercontinental; Fola Adeola: HND, GTB; Cecilia Ibru: MSc, Oceanic; Jim Ovia: BSc, Zenith
Professional advancement: Pretty fast, just start your own effing bank!
Cons: Bad belle people like the CBN governor. Political climate remain very unstable and tribalistic.

2.) Politics:

Minimum requirement: Toronto Certificate. None really. but for election, hmmm, maybe SSCE
Average Hourly Pay:  Depends. It is not un-heard of to make as 'low' as N100 Million per hour in this field. The opportunities are endless really
Best Career Move: Run for the Presidency or Speakership of the NASS. Honestly, all political posts pay very good. Be brave, thats all
Accomplished people in this field: Omisore: High school drop-out, Former deputy Governor of osun-State; Bola Tinubu: BSC/reformed drug baron turn Yoruba leader, Former Governor of Lagos; Evans Enwerem: High School drop-out/former convict,  Former Senate president; Ghalli Na'aba: SSCE (in view), Former Speaker.
Professional advancement: Pretty fast, as long as you do not offend your god-father.
Cons: god-fathers. They can do and un-do. Sometimes, it s very difficult to know whats going on in their mind and some of them with untreated mental issues make irrational/unpredictable decisions

3) Human Rights Activists:

Minimum requirement: None. Most are HS drop-outs. Others Doctors, Layers and Nobel Laureates.
Average Hourly Pay:  Depends on proximity to the ND
Best Career Move: Start your own Militia/Kidnap VIPs
Accomplished people in the field: Asari Dokubo: Alhaji, Mend; Jomo Gbomo/Henry Okah: WASSCE, Fake MEND; Dr. Fredrick Faseun: MBBS, OPC/OCP/And all possible combinations of O, P, and C; Wole Soyinka: B.A., Professional critic and behind the scene oil well owner/ contractor
Professional advancement: Simply, No glass ceilings. Best advice, be brave and have good juju-men at your beck  and call.
Cons: Oil will soon run out. The future isnt  bright for this profession.

4)Church Business:

Minimum requirement: BSC in any of the Sciences.
Average Hourly Pay:  Depends on where you loacte your church HQ; Lagos Vs other states
Best Career Move: Start your own church, perform unverifiable [/b]miracles, raise the dead, scare the shyyt outta your congregation, avoid paying taxes, and give yourself the G.O title. Dont forget to add "Daddy" before the G.O title
Accomplished people in the field: Enoch Adejare Adeboye: Ph.D, Mathematics and RCCG; Oyakhilome: B.Arch, Christ Embassy; Oyedepo: Bsc, Faith Terbanacle; Kumuyi: BSc Mathematics & Deeper life; DK Olukoya ; PH.D Microbiology & MFM
[b]Professional advancement
: Depends on how educated you are. It is not surprising that, in a profession where eloquence and charisma is all you need, the most successful are also the most educated. The best business model by far in present day Nigeria. Peace of mind, no tax, as long as you have the patience to stay in school and study one of the rigorous science, preferably mathematics. And oh, before I forget, unlike other aspects of our public life, here, Nigerian degrees are actually preferred to the foreign ones. And most careers start on campus.

Notable Exception: TB Joshua. Nuff said!
Cons: None really.

5) Yahoo 2.0

Minimum requirement: Studentship, course of study is irrelevant.
Average Hourly Pay:  Cant be calculated. Incomes are most often exaggerated. Nevertheless, very very very lucrative.
Best Career Move: Have a room on any university campus, federal universities preferably, and be willing to spend countless productive time in different cyber cafes.
Accomplished people in the field: TOBECHUWKU ONWUHARA, GED & TOP ten FBI list; Ade Bendel, HS drop-out & Convict; Fred Ajidua, WASSCE & Convict; Mr. Olaniyi Makinde, BSC Econs UNAD & Extradicted;  
Professional advancement: Depends on luck, charm and EFCC. ROI is 100000%
Cons: Bad belle friends and the EFCC.

round of applause.
do u mind if i copy and paste it to my friends.
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by thameamead(f): 11:11am On Jun 13, 2011
oladayo042:

Yahoo++, Yahoo Extra and Yahoo Finale.

enlighten me oga, wetin be yahoo++, yahoo extra and yahoo finale. i know yahoo plus eb voodoo (ogun owo)
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by travelcare: 4:06pm On Jun 13, 2011
Majority of Nigerian graduates know its not easy getting a white collar or any good job without the hands of godfatherism.

There are lucrative jobs available in Qatar for qualified individuals from his/her relative field. Nigerian certificates are recognised with your work experience. All you need is a work permit to enable you work legally there. Work permit is normally 5 years and you know what you can make within 5 years of good work.

Call Olawale of Travelcare Consults on 08023809767, 08058023768 or send mail via travelcare,consults@gmail.com for enquries.
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by affinity77(m): 2:49am On Jun 14, 2011
Men, politics is the main source to mega money in nigeria.
Although there is money in oil and gas, telecommunication.
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by travelcare: 1:00pm On Jun 14, 2011
Venture into politics, make money illegally and be ducked by the anti-graft body, EFCC or the ICPC and you are in for it.

Make use of the opportunities around you, use or brains and make money wisely and legally.

A word is enough for the wise that is wise
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by Amenyin: 8:16pm On Jul 14, 2011
yahoo still dey pay?
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by thomasjohn: 2:31pm On Jul 15, 2011
politics
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by toyecoach(m): 4:23pm On Jul 19, 2011
Statisticians are the best paid because;
if you are looking for top paid professionals,statisticians falls
into the top 20 percent and they earn 80 percent of the money in
any occupational category

Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by thomasjohn: 12:09pm On Jul 20, 2011
toyecoach:

Statisticians are the best paid because;
if you are looking for top paid professionals,statisticians falls
into the top 20 percent and they earn 80 percent of the money in
any occupational category

definitely not in Nigeria
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by Idrismusty97(m): 10:36am On Dec 11, 2012
Architecture.......
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by roneyeldred(m): 6:56am On Sep 11, 2014
Well, it's all about luck and hard work. Most of the people are hard working but some of them get that 'x' factor which luck. Luck comes their way, getting promotions, getting incentives and much more. This rule is applicable in all fields. But to me, doctors and surgeons are getting high pay. This is mainly due to the fact that there is a shortage of quality surgeons in the world. IT people are also included in list of highest paying jobs in the world.
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by btasha: 1:51am On Jan 06, 2015
I'm currently in my final year of university, studying Accounting and finance. I have about four months left to finish my degree. My original plan was that when I finish my degrees I'd relocate to Nigeria, but after much research I'm thinking about doing my Masters in a Russell Group university then NYSC. oh btw I'm based in the uk, I'll like to get a very good job in Nigeria but I just don't know how to go about it, yes I have connections but I do not want to rely on ANYONE. Pls give me your advise. And I can't decide on where to do my nysc either Lagos or Abuja bare in mind I'd like to do my nysc where I can get a good job. Ohh also does anymore know about this careers in Africa.?
Re: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria by cartquin: 9:57am On Jan 08, 2015
tom28:

Church is big business in Nigeria.Check out our pastors wearing very expensive stylish suits with jerry curled hair and ear rings and u tell me they are not making it. cheesy
lol! Very funny but true

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benue-born Female Fire Fighter Breaks The Internet With Her Beauty (photos) / AY Shiga: Incredible Transformation Of A Police Officer (Photos) / South African Lady Exposes White Boss Sexually Harassing Her At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.