Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,808 members, 7,827,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry (13713 Views)

TIMELINE: How South-west Is Becoming A Hotbed Of Ritual Killings In Nigeria / Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa Are Real Beneficiaries Of Banditry – Governor Bala Mohammed / How Katsina Govt Reacted To APC Victory In Buhari’s Senatorial District (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry by Hpeyet: 9:51am On Jan 16, 2021
Re: How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry by Nato008(m): 10:02am On Jan 16, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
Is it not the same Katsina that our darling president spent over one week relaxing with his family to observe Christmas? The type of fake news which the south west churns out daily about the north is getting too much.

What shall you people gain by writing bad things about the peaceful northern Nigeria with very affluent populations, do you know how we enjoy life in kano or kaduna and even Borno state.

The north is much safer than the south west.
finally eh u are mad oh......honestly u are mad, ur problem is not even about the lives wasted...ur tribes people oh but about some dumb stupid propaganda... goah
Re: How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry by Benevee: 10:05am On Jan 16, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
Is it not the same Katsina that our darling president spent over one week relaxing with his family to observe Christmas? The type of fake news which the south west churns out daily about the north is getting too much.

What shall you people gain by writing bad things about the peaceful northern Nigeria with very affluent populations, do you know how we enjoy life in kano or kaduna and even Borno state.

The north is much safer than the south west.

Hello Mr, I've lived in katsina for over 20 years now, I can boldly tell you that katsina hasn't been the way it was before.

Everybody sleeps with one eye open, I live in katsina town which is the state capital, bro come out around 12 or 1 am you won't find anybody outside even a policeman you won't see, because everyone is afraid.

If it was before you would find policemen in strategic places or junctions like kofar kaura , kofar marusa and others, but now you can't find even a soul by that time of the night.

Now almost every street here has vigilantes guiding it, i.e where Rich men resides. ( in places like layout or G.R.A). But outside these places you won't find any vigilante, the poor are vulnerable.

Before you can enter katsina at anytime, but now if you're coming to katsina and it's late you'll have to find somewhere and sleep till dawn. it wasn't like that before.

The other day my friend's elder brother was kidnapped we had to pay 200k Ransom before he was released. Now parents do take their children to school themselves because they don't trust any bike man or Keke drivers again.

Oga katsina has changed its no more the way it use to be before, nobody is lying about the situation of things here, what will they gain by doing that?.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry by ibolord(m): 10:06am On Jan 16, 2021
How these fulanis were able to pull this stunt on over 200 million people still baffles me. That man standing there is not an 80 something years old man.

JoeEeL:
The first lady of a certain country called the Zoo, flew to Dubai for over a month.

And she cited "security reasons" as her excuse.

But the thing is, not everyone has the luxury of flying out. But I think we have the luxury of common sense.

And one aspect of the common sense is this : that man in Aso Rock CANNOT be Buhari.

While releasing the pigeons, I got to see the back of his neck in this video : and no wrinkles at all -- unlike the real Buhari. I got to see his hands, very young. Very young and light-coloured.
shocked

All presidents of first world countries grow old and have formed serious wrinkles including : Putin, Trump, Merkel etc.
But in Nigeria where we have dumb brains leading us, all of a sudden they have the key to a "forever-young" panacea for the Presidency abi? All of una head no correct! angry

Pay attention to his hands and the back of his neck, and also take note of how his plastic ears bent under pressure of nose mask, while the ears of all others around him stood firm :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsrDlyQNHbs

1 Like

Re: How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry by mu2sa2: 10:06am On Jan 16, 2021
Don't deceive yourself:
North - Banditry, kidnapping, boko haram
South west - Kidnapping, robbery
South East - robbery, cultists, kidnapping
South south - domestic terrorism (aka militancy), robbery, kidnapping.
Re: How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry by zedegit: 10:18am On Jan 16, 2021
Illegal possession of firearms is a crime.

Why pose for pictures with criminals. Is it because they are kins to the President?

1 Like

Re: How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry by ChoCho54(f): 10:32am On Jan 16, 2021
Flexherbal:
Things are falling apart...
The first real comment I have read so far.

My brother I was trepidating as I read the OP!

A lot of salient issues raised there by the northerners themselves.

They spoke of fulani more interested in acquiring more arms than cattle for possible conquest wherever it may be.

They spoke of how the governors negotiating with terrorist did more harm

They spoke about township collaboration with bandits.

Bandits are released even when arrested

The northern borders are not well manned

Etc.

My brother...this is a a totally collapsed system we are operating.
Too much incompetence by the leadership!

As I read, it felt like another world down there...a bizarre world!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry by Omoslim26: 10:33am On Jan 16, 2021
No na opposition party cause am
Re: How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:44am On Jan 16, 2021
Supply of sophisticated arms from Libya through Niger republic yet u want to build train from Nigeria to Niger republic. What a foolishness. Your brothers from Niger don't mean well for u, close that border now!

Arrewa please explain, or u want us to mind our business? We can't mind our business, because it affects us too, by the negative image the banditry has created for Nigeria before the international community.
Re: How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry by Omezif(m): 10:46am On Jan 16, 2021
Bandits name was used to cover torrorists in the state
Re: How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry by mujahid777(m): 10:52am On Jan 16, 2021
agulion:
[s]All is still a product of one radical and deadly believe, you can never have peace or live in peace any were it exists, that is why we the yorubas are quitting the religion one by one[/s]
Is it also the reason you emerged from a baby factory. Yoruba kill you dia...igbo fools.
Re: How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry by ChoCho54(f): 10:55am On Jan 16, 2021
solmusdesigns:
undecided
. E shock you abii

Re: How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry by ChoCho54(f): 11:09am On Jan 16, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Supply of sophisticated arms from Libya through Niger republic yet u want to build train from Nigeria to Niger republic. What a foolishness. Your brothers from Niger don't mean well for u, close that border now!

Arrewa please explain, or u want us to mind our business? We can't mind our business, because it affects us too, by the negative image the banditry has created for Nigeria before the international community.

Go and check defense budget year on year because of this stupid war, our Commonwealth is been drained daily
Re: How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry by obontami: 11:14am On Jan 16, 2021
No way I'm reading that long ass article.
Re: How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry by ImmaculateJOE(m): 12:34pm On Jan 16, 2021
mu2sa2:
Don't deceive yourself:

North - Banditry, kidnapping, boko haram

South west - Kidnapping, robbery ritual killings skull mining

South East - robbery, cultists, kidnapping

South south - domestic terrorism (aka militancy), robbery, kidnapping.

Fixed
Re: How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry by emezuo17: 2:14pm On Jan 16, 2021
SmartPolician:

South West doesn't churn out news.

Instead, most mainstream media houses are based in the region.

That said, the president having a vacation over there doesn't negate the fact that Katsina is Nigeria's banditry hotbed.
. The person you quoted wrote in sacarsm.
Re: How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry by ITbomb(m): 3:37pm On Jan 16, 2021
They were camped in Katsina to make baboon soak in blood if Jonathan wins, Jonathan dodged and they went haywire
Re: How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry by greypencils: 3:51pm On Jan 16, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

The whole media is owned by South west people and they use it to target the north with smear campaign.
So the pictures of dead people are lies too? And the IDPs? Oh there are no IDPs in the north? Your pretence and falsehood will be the end of you. It stinks to the high heavens. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Re: How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry by samx4real(m): 8:15am On Jan 17, 2021
They know what they are doing...

That is the only way they can eat/steal from national cake without working.
Re: How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry by DasaintHope(m): 10:09am On Jan 17, 2021
Arrewa simplyleo helinues SilverNorGold Omenka yenefer how market?
Re: How Katsina Became Hotbed Of Banditry by Coolgent(m): 10:28pm On Jan 17, 2021
We all know that 99% of the culprits are Fulani but because pf of our hypocrisy we dont wanna handle this menace as how it should be handle.
First we call them Bandit, second we said it was Herdmen and farmers clash

(1) (2) (Reply)

South-East Governors Condemn Assasination Of Ahmed Gulak / Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls / We Will Attack Israeli Government If Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Deported Back To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.