Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,103 members, 7,953,355 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:56 PM

My Mum Won't Let Me Rest - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Won't Let Me Rest (2687 Views)

I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me / My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! / Wife Introduction: My Mum Insists On Pregnancy First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Won't Let Me Rest by SweetCunt97(f): 8:44pm On Jan 17, 2021
Gabe427:
My Mum Nags me alot over petty things most times
over the years I've learnt to tune her out

but with the lockdown living with her was almost hell
but I got used to her.... I just smile back and tell her I'm sorry for things out of my control and in my control

the key is remain calm and endure and in all endeavors don't argue and allow her provoke you to a fight ....most times they are expecting you to say something and that when you Bleep up....

Be patient endure pray and plan your future and when you ball know all her bickering was a sort of motivation and not a stumbling block

peace bro
This is how people swallow toxic behavior and become depressed. Such kills someone's spirit and self esteem. Best is to move out.
Re: My Mum Won't Let Me Rest by macnino399: 9:12pm On Jan 17, 2021
Teleprompter:
Many parents try tonpay their responsibilities to their kids. It is wrong but it is a cycle.

For now, focus on doing well with your academics and learn the skill of delayed gratification. When you graduate, hopefully you would go to serve. Work as hard as possible keeping on mind that one must make sacrifices to be successful.

Stay focused and don't be distracted. Take on a job that can sustain instead of insisting on getting one that would make you comfortable. As you get older, you would know what to do when you have the means.

Thank you so much
Re: My Mum Won't Let Me Rest by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 17, 2021
Just keep ignoring her. school will soon resume then you can excuse her and have some peace.

Some parents are the ones pushing their children into crime. What does she want you to do and make steady money as a student? Huh!
Re: My Mum Won't Let Me Rest by Gabe427: 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2021
SweetCunt97:
This is how people swallow toxic behavior and become depressed. Such kills someone's spirit and self esteem. Best is to move out.

I battled with esteem issues alot .....I'm thankful for 2020 because I explored my weaknesses and know how to handle them ....

you in your own little world think everyone can just up and leave ....like I said he needs a plan....pray and work towards it
but for now he has to endure...and use it as a motivation in other words he had to be strong

There over 180million Nigerians who lives are like this. oppressed by the politicians mocked by scammers and thieves ...they(180M) would like to leave this shit hole but they can't....so in the meantime you endure plan pray and work steadily towards it.
Re: My Mum Won't Let Me Rest by macnino399: 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2021
CalliDora1:
Just keep ignoring her. school will soon resume then you can excuse her and have some peace.

Some parents are the ones pushing their children into crime. What does she want you to do and make steady money as a student? Huh!
Seriously it really hurts
I perform very well in school but yet she can't recognize that. I went to school last year so I'd distance myself from my parents at least but the loneliness their was something else.
I just pray school resumes soonest.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Won't Let Me Rest by frozen70(f): 11:25pm On Jan 17, 2021
macnino399:
Good day all, please I need advice from anyone who has been in this situation before.

I'm a 23year old finalist in one of the south eastern Universities, for some time now my parents (especially my mum) has really been on my nerves complaining how my mates are making it while I'm just here doing nothing, honestly speaking I've been trying really hard to get a source of income on my own but it has been all futile, I could remember in my 100&200level days I wrote 4 different scholarship exams but couldn't get any, even last year I've applied for several online teaching jobs but couldn't get any, I was so frustrated that I even had to do menial job(serve mason) but the workload was so tiring that I had to stop it, right now my mum can't let me rest, she complains about everything I do, if I go out, if I eat food, virtually everything and I'm tired.
I can't wait for school to resume so I'd go and finish my school in peace.
Please how can I handle this situation, should I keep ignoring her or should I leave the house to school(though my school hasn't resumed yet).

I'm really tired.

Just simply ignore her some women are like that so that she will not push you to take a harsh decision

1 Like

Re: My Mum Won't Let Me Rest by SweetCunt97(f): 9:48am On Jan 18, 2021
Gabe427:

I battled with esteem issues alot .....I'm thankful for 2020 because I explored my weaknesses and know how to handle them ....

you in your own little world think everyone can just up and leave ....like I said he needs a plan....pray and work towards it
but for now he has to endure...and use it as a motivation in other words he had to be strong

There over 180million Nigerians who lives are like this. oppressed by the politicians mocked by scammers and thieves ...they(180M) would like to leave this shit hole but they can't....so in the meantime you endure plan pray and work steadily towards it.
I was in the same shoes too, got scarce I might probably do something I'd regret one day so I had to work harder and moved out. Best decision ever! Now no one can tell me bullshiiit
Re: My Mum Won't Let Me Rest by SweetCunt97(f): 9:49am On Jan 18, 2021
macnino399:

Seriously it really hurts
I perform very well in school but yet she can't recognize that. I went to school last year so I'd distance myself from my parents at least but the loneliness their was something else.
I just pray school resumes soonest.
Get a girlyfrd
Re: My Mum Won't Let Me Rest by Boxer007(m): 12:20pm On Jan 18, 2021
SweetCunt97:
Get a girlyfrd

Hello Sweetcunt. if u gimme punny or if u let me kiss u, I will marry u next year October 20 unfail linley. Deal? (please be nice) smiley
Re: My Mum Won't Let Me Rest by Educonomist: 2:54pm On Jan 19, 2021
With all due respect, tell her had it been she's wealthy she would have given u some money to learn a skill in making u independent

(1) (2) (Reply)

Access Bank Is About To Ruin Me! / My Friend's Fiancee Is Pregnant For His Father! / When Will She See Her Kids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.