Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,089 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo (1730 Views)

Tinubu Might Wake Up One Day To Realise He's Alone In APC -Arewa Youth President / Nnamdi Kanu Urges Yoruba To Fight For Oduduwa / How FIRS Plans To Realise Its Revenue Target - Babatunde Fowler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Masterclass32: 6:00pm On Jan 16, 2021
Professor Banji Akintoye, the Worldwide Leader of Yoruba Global Movement, Ilana Omo Oodua, has urged the Yoruba and the Igbo people to put away rivalry and work together to achieve their ‘deserved destinies’ in the world.

The member of the Senate during the Second Republic said the destinies of the two ethnic groups are intertwined as prophesied by the late sage, Obafemi Awolowo.

Akintoye said God’s time has come for the Yoruba and Igbo to put together their enormous capabilities and achieve for themselves their true destinies.

He spoke on Friday at a webinar with the theme, ‘Yoruba And Igbo Conference: Speaking With One Voice’ organised by the Fatherland Group.

He called on the two ethnic groups to stop allowing themselves to be used against one another but to start collaborating for an agenda.

His comments came at a time when there are political permutations for Southern presidency ahead of the 2023 general elections.

The Yoruba leader further said the civil war was a horrible time in the history of Nigeria, especially in the relationship between the Igbo and the Yoruba ethnic nationalities but called on both parties to dump the past in the garbage of history and work hand-in-hand to realise their destinies.

He said, “It has been horrible, it is time for us to turn around and begin to behave like the great nations that we are. We are not fools to be led in the nose, to hate one another, to be constantly pitched against one another, to seek advantage against one another in what is called the federal arrangement and the national cake. It is folly.

It is time the Yoruba and the Igbo developed their own agenda of where they want to be and what they want to do and how they can collaborate to achieve their purposes.”

Akintoye said some progress has been made in the collaboration between pan-cultural groups like the Ohanaeze Ndigbo and the Afenifere, adding that the Yoruba and the Igbo should stop disturbing themselves on federal character and should not “continue to rival one another for shares in the Government of Nigeria” or the national cake when they can hold their destinies in their own hands.

“Sharing from the government of Nigeria is not the destiny of a great nation like the Igbo, it is not the destiny of a great nation like the Yoruba. Developing their own destinies which Ahmadu Bello said we will not let them develop is the quest and it is time they began to do that,” he added.

The Alana of Ilana Omo Oduduwa recalled how the late nationalist and statesman, Awolowo, held his wrist one day and told him the Yoruba and Igbo would work together to be free.

He reminisced, “Awolowo said, ‘You (Yoruba) and Igbo must work together’. And then he upgraded his talk to something like a prophecy; he said, ‘You and the Igbo will work together, it is the only way you can be free in the world’. It is the only way we can be free in the world. It is the only way we can achieve what we deserve in the world.

“‘You and the Igbo must work together’. I am quoting him (Awolowo) as much as I can remember. ‘I am not saying it is going to be easy but I am saying it will be done. You and the Igbo will work together, it is only when you do that that you will achieve your goals in this world, your deserved destiny’.”

Akintoye added that God’s time has come for the two ethnic groups to rise and realise their true destinies.

“When God’s time comes, it comes. God’s time has come in the lives of the Yoruba and the Igbo nations of Nigeria. And when God’s hand is stretched forth, nothing can bend it. Yes, God’s time has come in the affairs of the Yoruba and Igbo and we better realise it – all of us, young and old, politicians and so on.

“This is the time when the Yoruba and the Igbo people must learn to join hands together to put together their enormous capabilities and achieve for themselves their true destinies in the world.”

https://punchng.com/stop-rivalry-work-to-realise-your-destinies-now-akintoye-urges-yoruba-igbo/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Kaduna1stson: 6:04pm On Jan 16, 2021
We will not allow that to happen! If we allow them to unite, hunger will finish the north.

What I will do now is to invite my northern brothers to cause problems in this thread so that Yoruba and Igbo people will continue to war on nairaland grin

Watch the battle below grin

11 Likes

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by dynicks(m): 6:05pm On Jan 16, 2021
If only both parties would shun pride and bond damaged bridges together......

2 Likes

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Fahdiga(m): 6:05pm On Jan 16, 2021
It is so glaring that it is the Yorubas that are scuttling every peace move made by the Igbos. Yorubas has sworn that there will be no peace in Nigeria. Igbos are peace loving people but that can't be said of Ofenmanu people

10 Likes

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by dynicks(m): 6:07pm On Jan 16, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
We will not allow that to happen!
shut it!!

5 Likes

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 16, 2021
We have nothing in common na just pretend. Let's break up and everyone find his square root

5 Likes

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Yoruba1stson: 6:09pm On Jan 16, 2021
Point of correction, yoruba will never work together with nyamiris.
fvck nyamiris
fvck southern unity
fvck you calling for unity
yoruba will never work hand in hand with those fools

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Tranquillity360: 6:11pm On Jan 16, 2021
Masterclass32:
The Alana of Ilana Omo
Oduduwa recalled how the
late nationalist and
statesman, Awolowo, held
his wrist one day and told
him the Yoruba and Igbo would work together to be
free. He reminisced, “Awolowo
said, ‘You (Yoruba) and Igbo
must work together’. And
then he upgraded his talk to
something like a prophecy;
he said, ‘You and the Igbo will work together, it is the
only way you can be free in
the world’. It is the only
way we can be free in the
world. It is the only way we
can achieve what we deserve in the world. “‘You and the Igbo must
work together’. I am
quoting him (Awolowo) as
much as I can remember. ‘I
am not saying it is going to
be easy but I am saying it will be done. You and the
Igbo will work together, it
is only when you do that
that you will achieve your
goals in this world, your
deserved destiny’.”
so the betrayal really regret his action against Igbos.

No wonder he later drink rat poison.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by TheStakeHolder(m): 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2021
Unfortunately that rivalry and tribalism has been part of our DNA. Yorubas and Igbos will always have something against one another.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Yoruba1stson: 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2021
Fahdiga:
It is so glaring that it is the Yorubas that are scuttling every peace move made by the Igbos. Yorubas has sworn that there will be no peace in Nigeria. Igbos are peace loving people but that can't be said of Ofenmanu people
we don't want any fvcking peace with you nyamiris

4 Likes

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Tranquillity360: 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2021
Trust a yoruba man at your own peril.

7 Likes

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Tranquillity360: 6:13pm On Jan 16, 2021
Tell the children of Hate from waste.

5 Likes

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Nigeriabiafra80: 6:15pm On Jan 16, 2021
No comment
For we the igbos
We want biafra

4 Likes

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Tranquillity360: 6:15pm On Jan 16, 2021
Fahdiga:
Yoruba muslim is the main problem

3 Likes

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 16, 2021
Yoruba1stson:
we don't want any fvcking peace with you nyamiris

Imagine trying to measure and shoulder up with a noble superior race like Yoruba cheesy let him go and find his mate in Cameroon jungle

2 Likes

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 16, 2021
Tranquillity360:
we are the problem avoid us simple

2 Likes

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Tranquillity360: 6:21pm On Jan 16, 2021
SuperBold:
we are the problem avoid us simple
Who really what to have something to do with hateful people from waste.

5 Likes

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Kaduna1stson: 6:23pm On Jan 16, 2021
Yoruba1stson:
fvck nyamiris
fvck southern unity

SuperBold:

Imagine trying to measure and shoulder up with a noble superior race like Yoruba cheesy let him go and find his mate in Cameroon jungle

Tranquillity360:

Yoruba1stson:
fvck nyamiris
fvck southern unity

Well done my northern brothers, we cannot allow them to unite. grin

3 Likes

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Dayoebe(m): 6:24pm On Jan 16, 2021
Nairaland Igbos are sooo annoying.
Anyway, They are better than Arrewa

4 Likes

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by oguns222: 6:26pm On Jan 16, 2021
Yoruba1stson:
fvck nyamiris
fvck southern unity

You are the same person as Kaduna1stson. You are only trying to create division. Well done.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by oguns222: 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2021
SuperBold:

I am Yoruba and I know that this your claim to superiority is stupid. Every tribe has its areas 9f strength and weakness. So, shut up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Yoruba1stson: 6:38pm On Jan 16, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

Well done my northern brothers, we cannot allow them to unite. grin
who is your northern brother, hope you are not sick

3 Likes

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Yoruba1stson: 6:41pm On Jan 16, 2021
SuperBold:

yeah you right, plenty in sudan and zimbabwe. Yoruba unite with nyamiris, never that will nt happen

2 Likes

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Masterclass32: 6:41pm On Jan 16, 2021
They don dey fight already.

What suits this country is strict regionalism - make every man mind him business.

1 Like

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by oguns222: 6:41pm On Jan 16, 2021
Yoruba1stson:
alaye omo yoruba atata nimi but i don't care about what you believe.

Then you need to open your eyes wider.
Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Yoruba1stson: 6:43pm On Jan 16, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Who really what to have something to do with hateful people from waste.
and truely we yoruba also don't want anything with you people from cursed region

5 Likes

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by jneutron4000: 6:44pm On Jan 16, 2021
Igbos that pride and bitterness have killed them that they could not even respect their immediate neighbors the SS region

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by BigSarah(f): 6:45pm On Jan 16, 2021
Igbo's and Yoruba's are too myopic... Yet they claim to be intellectuals
Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Yoruba1stson: 6:48pm On Jan 16, 2021
oguns222:

Then you need to open your eyes wider.
did i close my eye before
Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by oguns222: 6:50pm On Jan 16, 2021
Yoruba1stson:
did i close my eye before

You comment like you do
Re: Stop Rivalry, Work To Realise Your Destinies Now, Akintoye Urges Yoruba, Igbo by Nightalan: 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2021
Tooor....Yoruba Muslims o, Christian o, Traditionalist even atheists sef wants nothing to do with the Igbos. Shey tipa ni?
We can never coexist with the very annoying, loud mouthed, disrespectful and boastful beings from the unproductive region of the East. Make everybody answer hin papa name abeg.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari: Hired Cultural Dancers Failed To Show Up At Imo Airport / Habibat Tinubu : Check This Out All Well Meaning Nigerians / Peter Obi To Commission Complex In Imo Donated To Labour Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.