Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement (54032 Views)

Reps Fault Presidency On Jan 18 School Resumption, Suggest 3-month Postponement / No Date For School Resumption Yet - FG / Election Postponement- LASG Review School Calendar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by hstar: 5:44pm On Jan 17, 2021
4ckyou:

School owners you mean, teachers have started looking for other jobs
I was one
I've got a security job and I'm happy

The beauty part of the security job is that it came with accommodation and the pay is above the peanut salary I used to get while teaching

No thanks to our foolish and greedy leaders
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Aronkyshow(f): 5:46pm On Jan 17, 2021
So Covid-19 will be gone in three months' time? These clowns are just trying so hard to hide their incompetence, this phase we're in shows that our leaders aren't intellectually capable to rule, all they want to do in their respective offices is to embezzle public funds and trot round the globe with the taxpayer's money�
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by GetMeRight: 5:56pm On Jan 17, 2021
CaIIMeAthena:
it's not every topic you see on nairaland that you must comment most especially if it's an intellectual content that is way beyond the reasoning of your empty brain.
The romance and joke section is there for you and your fellow illiterates to comment.
slowpoke

The fact that you didn't like my opinion and submission on a topic didn't give you the right to go haywire on me and start calling me names, a woman for that matter! I could be your father's age mate, you know? You were not properly raised. And I will try to get you banned
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by GetMeRight: 5:57pm On Jan 17, 2021
CaIIMeAthena:
it's not every topic you see on nairaland that you must comment most especially if it's an intellectual content that is way beyond the reasoning of your empty brain.
The romance and joke section is there for you and your fellow illiterates to comment.
slowpoke

Moderators: Richiez, olawalebabs, Fynestboi
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by hstar: 6:50pm On Jan 17, 2021
Lordbinsmar:

I DON'T HAVE TIME TO ARGUE WITH YOU.
BLOODY FOOL.

MY CURSES ARE DIRECTED TO THE EVIL POLITICIANS USING COVID 19 TO CASH OUT AT THE DETRIMENT OF POOR AND INNOCENT MASSES.

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THEM OR A BLIND AND STUPID FOLLOWER OF NIGERIANS EVIL POLITICIANS. THEN OGUN KILL YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMILY FROM YOUR FIRST GENERATION TO SEVENTH GENERATION.

PLEASE MR IDIOT ASK YOUR SELF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS :

1. WHO AMOUNG THE STUPID REP MEMBERS HAVE HIS OR HER CHILDREN IN ANY SCHOOL IN NIGERIA?

2. ARE THEY NOT MOVING IN AND OUT OF NIGERIA EVERY DAY? WHY NOT PLACE A BAN OR RESTRICT FLIGHT FROM CORONA HOT SPOT ALL AROUND THE WORLD?

3. ARE THEIR CHILDREN NOT SCHOOLING IN OTHER PART OF THE WORLD WHERE THEY RESIDE.?

4. WHAT HAS THE GOVERNMENT DONE TO REDUCE THE EFFECTS OF THE FIRST LOCK DOWN ON INNOCENT MASSES?

5. WHY DID THE GOVERNMENT KEEP THE PALLIATIVES MEANT FOR INNOCENT MASSES DURING THE FIRST LOCK DOWN?

6. DID THE FIRST LOCK DOWN ERADICATE CORONA VIRUS FROM NIGERIA?

7. IF THERE IS NO CURE FOR CORONA VIRUS IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS, WILL WE CONTINUE TO BE ON LOCKDOWN?

8. WILL ANY POLITICIAN FEEL THE SOCIO ECONOMIC EFFECTS OF SECOND LOCK DOWN IN NIGERIA?

9. IS SCHOOL THE MAIN DRIVER OF COVID 19?

10. WHY DID THE GOVERNMENT NOT POSTPONE THE RECENT ELECTIONS EVENTS IN NIGERIA? WHY DID THEY HOLD ELECTION CAMPAIGN DURING THE UPRISE OF COVID?

11. IS THE RECENT NIN REGISTRATION NOT SPREADING COVID? WHY NOT CANCEL IT.

MR DULLARD ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ABOVE.

IF YOU EVER QUOTE ME AGAIN IN YOUR USELESS LIFE THEN OGUN DESTROY YOU.

shocked Ah

This is too much

I salute your thinking faculty
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Lordbinsmar: 7:23pm On Jan 17, 2021
hstar:

shocked Ah

This is too much

I salute your thinking faculty

Thanks very much Sir.

1 Like

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by ejyk375: 7:30pm On Jan 17, 2021
That's you people should support Nnamdi Kanu, and fight for Biafra. My opinion though.
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by ejyk375: 7:31pm On Jan 17, 2021
That's why you people should support Nnamdi Kanu, and fight for Biafra. Nigeria is a scam.
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Melonny(m): 8:11pm On Jan 17, 2021
Miracle2020:
ipob are terrorists. Ipob are drug pushers. Therefore you should know that northerners are far better than your whole lineage.
Park well. I be Yoruba boy
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Miracle2020: 9:00pm On Jan 17, 2021
Melonny:

Park well. I be Yoruba boy
then give the message to your family members.
I know that even in Yoruba there are Judas.
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Melonny(m): 9:17pm On Jan 17, 2021
Miracle2020:
then give the message to your family members.
I know that even in Yoruba there are Judas.
I don't have time for this nonsense you are trying to do.. Be careful

1 Like

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by 4ckyou: 9:21pm On Jan 17, 2021
hstar:

I was one
I've got a security job and I'm happy

The beauty part of the security job is that it came with accommodation and the pay is above the peanut salary I used to get while teaching

No thanks to our foolish and greedy leaders

LOL, me will soon leave soon

1 Like

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Jakumo(m): 7:17am On Jan 18, 2021
The hurried closure of schools and universities in Nigeria is CERTAIN to occur in the very near future, as this pandemic fells people of all ages in greater numbers. The only unknown variable remains the exact timing of the federal government's announcement to this effect, but rest assured, this announcement is coming out of brutal necessity.

Distance learning via online platforms is likely to become the PRIMARY mode of imparting education throughout the entire world, because the Chinese will continue to experiment with the manufacture of incurable diseases as an integral part of their insidious world domination agenda, with the result that pathogens WILL escape from that infernal and demonic disease factory in Wuhan China, on a regular basis, going forward.

Obtain a laptop for your children's education, and also look into the installation of solar panels, to charge deep-cycle storage batteries, that will enable you to maintain an internet link around the clock, thus guaranteeing uninterrupted education of your children, as the Wuhan terror viruses are released one by one, to wreak calamity worldwide.

Thank you China, for your ongoing attempt to murder every living soul on this fragile planet. Boot the Chinese OUT of Africa NOW !
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Tony142: 7:59am On Jan 18, 2021
Lordbinsmar:

I DON'T HAVE TIME TO ARGUE WITH YOU.
BLOODY FOOL.

MY CURSES ARE DIRECTED TO THE EVIL POLITICIANS USING COVID 19 TO CASH OUT AT THE DETRIMENT OF POOR AND INNOCENT MASSES.

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THEM OR A BLIND AND STUPID FOLLOWER OF NIGERIANS EVIL POLITICIANS. THEN OGUN KILL YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMILY FROM YOUR FIRST GENERATION TO SEVENTH GENERATION.

PLEASE MR IDIOT ASK YOUR SELF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS :

1. WHO AMOUNG THE STUPID REP MEMBERS HAVE HIS OR HER CHILDREN IN ANY SCHOOL IN NIGERIA?

2. ARE THEY NOT MOVING IN AND OUT OF NIGERIA EVERY DAY? WHY NOT PLACE A BAN OR RESTRICT FLIGHT FROM CORONA HOT SPOT ALL AROUND THE WORLD?

3. ARE THEIR CHILDREN NOT SCHOOLING IN OTHER PART OF THE WORLD WHERE THEY RESIDE.?

4. WHAT HAS THE GOVERNMENT DONE TO REDUCE THE EFFECTS OF THE FIRST LOCK DOWN ON INNOCENT MASSES?

5. WHY DID THE GOVERNMENT KEEP THE PALLIATIVES MEANT FOR INNOCENT MASSES DURING THE FIRST LOCK DOWN?

6. DID THE FIRST LOCK DOWN ERADICATE CORONA VIRUS FROM NIGERIA?

7. IF THERE IS NO CURE FOR CORONA VIRUS IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS, WILL WE CONTINUE TO BE ON LOCKDOWN?

8. WILL ANY POLITICIAN FEEL THE SOCIO ECONOMIC EFFECTS OF SECOND LOCK DOWN IN NIGERIA?

9. IS SCHOOL THE MAIN DRIVER OF COVID 19?

10. WHY DID THE GOVERNMENT NOT POSTPONE THE RECENT ELECTIONS EVENTS IN NIGERIA? WHY DID THEY HOLD ELECTION CAMPAIGN DURING THE UPRISE OF COVID?

11. IS THE RECENT NIN REGISTRATION NOT SPREADING COVID? WHY NOT CANCEL IT.

MR DULLARD ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ABOVE.

IF YOU EVER QUOTE ME AGAIN IN YOUR USELESS LIFE THEN OGUN DESTROY YOU.

Godbless you for this, no mind that idiot
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Lordbinsmar: 9:23am On Jan 18, 2021
Tony142:

Godbless you for this, no mind that idiot

Thanks very much Sir.
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Bomboiy: 9:27am On Jan 18, 2021
Jakumo:
The hurried closure of schools and universities in Nigeria is CERTAIN to occur in the very near future, as this pandemic fells people of all ages in greater numbers. The only unknown variable remains the exact timing of the federal government's announcement to this effect, but rest assured, this announcement is coming out of brutal necessity.

Distance learning via online platforms is likely to become the PRIMARY mode of imparting education throughout the entire world, because the Chinese will continue to experiment with the manufacture of incurable diseases as an integral part of their insidious world domination agenda, with the result that pathogens WILL escape from that infernal and demonic disease factory in Wuhan China, on a regular basis, going forward.

Obtain a laptop for your children's education, and also look into the installation of solar panels, to charge deep-cycle storage batteries, that will enable you to maintain an internet link around the clock, thus guaranteeing uninterrupted education of your children, as the Wuhan terror viruses are released one by one, to wreak calamity worldwide.

Thank you China, for your ongoing attempt to murder every living soul on this fragile planet. Boot the Chinese OUT of Africa NOW !

Can you hear yourself?

"Obtain a laptop for your children's education,look into the installation of solar panels"

In a country where over 70 percent of the population live in abject poverty, how many parents can afford the highlighted? Or is education only meant for the rich?

Then what about Markets and Churches?
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Jakumo(m): 9:31am On Jan 18, 2021
Bomboiy:

Can you hear yourself?

"Obtain a laptop for your children's education,look into the installation of solar panels"

In a country where over 70 percent of the population live in abject poverty, how many parents can afford the highlighted? Or is education only meant for the rich?

Then what about Markets and Churches?

The amount paid per academic session in Nigerian schools, could cover the cost of a used laptop. The alternative is mass death due to crowding of students in schools while the pandemic is raging. Only the living, are in a position to seek solutions to problems. Once death comes knocking, all options are foreclosed forever.

Markets are VITAL to survival, and therefore cannot be closed down for long periods of time. Churches, on the other hand, exist primarily to enrich greedy pastors, and can therefore be closed without even the slightest disruption of activities that truly matter. Apologies to those greedy pastors, but the preservation of life must take precedence over their need to buy new cars and private jets, using tithe money extracted from their flocks.
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Bomboiy: 9:43am On Jan 18, 2021
Jakumo:

The amount paid per academic session in Nigerian schools, could cover the cost of a used laptop. The alternative is mass death due to crowding of students in schools while the pandemic is raging. Only the living, are in a position to seek solutions to problems. Once death comes knocking, all options are foreclosed forever.

Markets are VITAL to survival, and therefore cannot be closed down for long periods of time. Churches, on the other hand, exist primarily to enrich greedy pastors, and can therefore be closed without even the slightest disruption of activities that truly matter. Apologies to those greedy pastors, but the preservation of life must take precedence over their need to buy new cars and private jets, using tithe money extracted from their flocks.

So you mean parents should cough out any amount that is equal to their children's school just because of online classes? Many parents are yet to pay for this terms school fees but here you are asking them to buy laptops and install solar panels. You are actually being insensitive here.

Markets are vital? But schools are not? Some of us have been at home for over 10 months but our futures are not vital because of whatever reason.

What is the need of closing down schools because of Covid when parents can contact the virus from their various workplace and still infect the children with it?
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Jakumo(m): 9:53am On Jan 18, 2021
Bomboiy:

So you mean parents should cough out any amount that is equal to their children's school just because of online classes? Many parents are yet to pay for this terms school fees but here you are asking them to buy laptops and install solar panels. You are actually being insensitive here.

Markets are vital? But schools are not? Some of us have been at home for over 10 months but our futures are not vital because of whatever reason.

What is the need of closing down schools because of Covid when parents can contact the virus from their various workplace and still infect the children with it?

Your points are very strong, but my view is that even if some avenues for infection remain unavoidable, every person alive should seek to MINIMNIZE risk, by maintaining social distancing to the best of their ability, even though the entire planet is sick of that restrictive isolation.

The risk of catching and of dying from this virus, multiplies in direct proportion to the frequency and intensity of exposure to the pathogen, to which any given person is subjected. Running across a busy road once or twice, is less risky than crossing that same road multiple times.
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Bomboiy: 10:03am On Jan 18, 2021
Jakumo:

Your points are very strong, but my view is that even if some avenues for infection remain unavoidable, every person alive should seek to MINIMNIZE risk, by maintaining social distancing to the best of their ability, even though the entire planet is sick of that restrictive isolation.

The risk of catching and of dying from this virus, multiplies in direct proportion to the frequency and intensity of exposure to the pathogen, to which any given person is subjected. Running across a busy road once or twice, is less risky than crossing that same road multiple times.

You know maintaining social distances in school is more feasible than doing the same in market places?

We should be advocating for taking adequate measures in prevention this virus rather than running from it,the cases keep going up even with the closure of schools.

FG had over 10 months to put things in order but here we are still contemplating on the closure of schools,why do you think they will fix this in coming months?
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by rollybest(m): 12:07pm On Jan 18, 2021
GetMeRight:
Why can't we do the right thing at the right time in this country? Reopening schools at this time is ill advised and ill timed. I'm not sure that the next semester or term will even be allowed to run through, there's possibility of academic activities suspension.
It's ill timed abi? Political gathering is not ill termed, NIMC registration is not ill timed abi. You are one of Nigerias problem. Go and read UNICEF recommendation
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by meditator(m): 8:23pm On Jan 18, 2021
Olushola1144:

I live on #200 per day. Infact, i do turn it to fasting and prayer at times. It hasn't been easy since the start of the pandemic.
Remain steadfast and focused, I believe is just a step for the good fortunes ahead. Derive happiness with the little you have, work hard legitimately and get closer to God. Everything will be fine.

1 Like

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by GetMeRight: 9:18pm On Jan 18, 2021
rollybest:

It's ill timed abi? Political gathering is not ill termed, NIMC registration is not ill timed abi. You are one of Nigerias problem. Go and read UNICEF recommendation

Wait till the real one of the Nigeria problem reveals itself
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Olushola1144(m): 9:51pm On Jan 18, 2021
meditator:
Remain steadfast and focused, I believe is just a step for the good fortunes ahead. Derive happiness with the little you have, work hard legitimately and get closer to God. Everything will be fine.
Thanks sir, i do appreciate!!! But I'm planning to solicit for help on this forum. What i saw this morning at my place of work wasn't encouraging. Student were not ready to resume, meaning before salary will be paid, it will be towards February ending and there is no hope elsewhere except God intervene. I'm just tired.

1 Like

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Joezik(m): 3:35am On Jan 19, 2021
Jakumo:

The pandemic is raging like a wildfire in Lagos State, where oxygen supplies are dwindling rapidly, as patients struggling to breathe, are quarantined in droves. Those clamoring for schools to reopen, will certainly change their tune the instant that somebody they personally know, is viciously struck down by this horrible disease now mutating into an even more infectious, transmissible and deadly strain.

If schools and universities are allowed to reopen in Nigeria, the medical establishment will very quickly find itself overwhelmed and unable to cope with the tidal wave of severely ill patients all struggling to breathe. The Yaba Corona quarantine hospital is overflowing right now, with dead bodies being loaded out of that place at a truly alarming pace.

This pandemic is REAL, y'all. Even if your children lose an entire YEAR of education before they are able to safely return to school when the contagion subsides, they will all have SURVIVED, to describe the nightmare to their own grand children, decades into the future. Rushing children into school, during this second more deadly virus attack, will result in the avoidable loss of MANY young lives. The online education option MUST now be prioritized anywhere on this planet that is afflicted by the virus. There is NO viable alternative, until the storm has passed.

Living to fight another day, against this invisible enemy called Covid-19, must remain the guiding philosophy, to spare the human race from comprehensive annihilation by an incurable, virulent disease that CAN be fought head-on by governments that are willing to revise their battle plan, as needed, and as events on the ground dictate. Such a cataclysmic event IS currently on the ground in Nigeria, therefore schools and universities nationwide, MUST be closed for now.

I thought I was listening to news while reading this. Nice one.

But bro

If schools are to be closed .... everything should be closed too. Gbam

No school
No market
No traveling
Nothing .... everyone stay at home.

You can't close schools and leave the rest.... the parents going out for business can infect the kids at home.

1 Like

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by meditator(m): 6:13am On Jan 19, 2021
Olushola1144:

Thanks sir, i do appreciate!!! But I'm planning to solicit for help on this forum. What i saw this morning at my place of work wasn't encouraging. Student were not ready to resume, meaning before salary will be paid, it will be towards February ending and there is no hope elsewhere except God intervene. I'm just tired.
God will surely intervene.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by adenigga(m): 8:17am On Jan 19, 2021
adenigga:
https://m.punchng.com/Featured/Reps-oppose-school-resumption-propose-three-month-postponement

The current situation now!!!

''Kaduna Schools To Remain Closed Till Further Notice - State Governmet - Education''

The Kaduna State Government has said that all public and private schools in the state remain closed till further notice.

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education, Mrs. Phoebe Yayi disclosed this in a statement on Monday.

She said that only Kaduna Polytechnic and the National Open University were exempted because they requested for them to open for students to write exams only.

The Permanent Secretary while stating that no definite date has been set aside for the reopening of schools in Kaduna state, explains that the decision became necessary because the situation is different in Kaduna State, as the state has had increases in the number of COVID-19 cases.

“In Kaduna State, we have our own peculiar situation, before now, we had the news through the Social Media that, Kaduna State government had declared 18 January 2021 to be the resumption date which we disclaimed.

“We want to make it categorically clear that, Kaduna State government is yet to fix a date for resumption to schools.

“In as much as the Federal Government has declared January 18 as the date for resumption, Kaduna State is yet to declare a date for resumption”.

She noted that the government was still monitoring the situation and promised to make a pronouncement regarding that in due course.

The Permanent Secretary further stated that the Ministry of Education will on Monday, January 18, hold stakeholders meeting on education in the state, while the state Ministry of Health will brief them on the COVID-19 cases with a view to taking a position on how to advise the government.

According to the Permanent Secretary, the only exception they have, for now, is the National Open University of Nigeria and Kaduna Polytechnic who have specifically requested for them to open for students to write semester examination.

She added that they have inspected the school premises, confirmed their preparedness, and satisfied with all the protocols put in place and giving them the approval to open for exams only.

Mrs. Yayi also requested the state or federal Institutions that are in Kaduna State to please hold on to their activities until the government comes up with a clear date for resumption.

“For Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, we are yet to receive any communication from them, so as far as we knew, ABU Zaria is till closed until we receive a directive from Kaduna State government”

Source:
https://www.channelstv.com/2021/01/18

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

She Graduated With A CGPA Of 4.99 From Covenant University / 4.98 CGPA In Mathematics: Toluwani Deborah UNILORIN Best Graduating Student 2019 / Nigerian Lady Celebrates Bagging A PhD In Mathematics At 27 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.